PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy!

ScubaDawg
11-19-2021, 08:23 PM
Long time reader here, but first time poster.
I've been deployed overseas for the past 8 years (Navy) and haven't had a chance to catch my breath and say hello.
Now I do and I will.

When the seas got rough and long days were the norm, I would log on to check out how my dawgs were doing.
That provided much needed morale, or would make me want to bang my head against the bulkhead.
Win, Lose or Tie, I'm with my Dawgs until I die!

Just wanted to drop in and greet everyone.

Ahoy and Hail State!
Oh Yeah... GTHOM!

TUSK
11-19-2021, 08:27 PM
Long time reader here, but first time poster.
I've been deployed overseas for the past 8 years (Navy) and haven't had a chance to catch my breath and say hello.
Now I do and I will.

When the seas got rough and long days were the norm, I would log on to check out how my dawgs were doing.
That provided much needed morale, or would make me want to bang my head against the bulkhead.
Win, Lose or Tie, I'm with my Dawgs until I die!

Just wanted to drop in and greet everyone.

Ahoy and Hail State!
Oh Yeah... GTHOM!

Welcome.... Now go get me my gear, squid!

:rolleyes:

ScubaDawg
11-19-2021, 08:34 PM
Ah geez, lol. You guys should really come with a warning label.
Good to see another servicemember on here.

parabrave
11-19-2021, 08:35 PM
Thanks navy now you got the Jarheads all rowled up, and there are alot of them here.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-19-2021, 08:39 PM
Land Ho!

ScubaDawg
11-19-2021, 08:41 PM
Thanks navy now you got the Jarheads all rowled up, and there are alot of them here.

I serve with a lot of them and we jab each other all the time.
As long as everyone here agrees that Ole Miss is the Milli Vanilli of the SEC, then I can get along just fine. lol

PCHSDawg
11-19-2021, 08:59 PM
Spent my last 4 years in the Navy riding old submarines out of Pearl Harbor. Aloha and hail State.
Only good marine is a SUBMARINE!

99jc
11-19-2021, 09:06 PM
I have 2 more years left and no more deployment for me. since covid started and all these natural disasters keep occurring i have only been home 3-4 months. I was in a bad accident coming home from Hurricane Ida i had worked 40 straight 12-14 hour days and ran a 4 way in Hollandale Ms due to fatigue.

ScubaDawg
11-19-2021, 09:16 PM
Never been on a sub, nor gotten my dolphins, but my grandfather was a torpedoman's mate during WW2.
He's my inspiration for swearing in.
Takes a different kind of person to be on a sub.
Much props to ya.
Aloha.

ScubaDawg
11-19-2021, 09:17 PM
Where are you stationed now? I'm in Pearl Harbor.
I hope you are recovering well 99jc

PCHSDawg
11-19-2021, 09:49 PM
Where are you stationed now? I'm in Pearl Harbor.
I hope you are recovering well 99jc

I've been out 22 years, was in 91-99. Was a nuke MM. Back in good old south Mississippi now, 'round Hattiesburg.

Santiago
11-20-2021, 08:15 AM
Welcome and thank you for your service.