PDA

View Full Version : Y?all Ready For Another Rumor

TrapGame
11-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Richard?s guest on 97.3 this afternoon said his Seattle people are telling him U of Washington is going after Harsin. He?s from there and has mentioned wanting the job before.

Todd4State
11-19-2021, 07:14 PM
Not ideal if you're Auburn. Looking like a lot of change in the SEC this cycle.

Would also open another spot for Kiffin if he whiffs on Florida and Miami. I could see that going for Napier as well.

msstate7
11-19-2021, 07:15 PM
I think auburn might could do better, so not sure I like this

Saltydog
11-19-2021, 07:15 PM
I'll believe that when I see it.......I mean, I could see them wanting to talk to him but I sincerely doubt he leaves AU after one year.......

MetEdDawg
11-19-2021, 07:21 PM
I'll believe that when I see it.......I mean, I could see them wanting to talk to him but I sincerely doubt he leaves AU after one year.......

Auburn is a weird place. Extreme booster involvement, really high expectations that very rarely get met.

He's done some good things for them. He advanced Bo Nix in some ways and kept them in the Top 25 for a while in year 1.

I could see him leave actually. He doesn't seem to be well liked by the fan base. And he's going to get his eyes beat out in the Iron Bowl. Plus his loss to us cost him any good will this year.

This will be interesting to watch.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2021, 07:35 PM
Auburn is a tough job. You can win big there under the right circumstances, but you have natty expectations with an 8-9 win infrastructure. Oklahoma May feel the same pain when they get here

WhiskeyPirate
11-19-2021, 07:41 PM
Harsin is a perfect fit for UW. That is very believable. They are trying to duplicate their success with Chris Petersen who went from Boise state to UW. Lake is a head case and their AD Jen Cohen should be fired as well. She knows about as much about football as Oprah.

They would have to really open up the check book to get him after one year at auburn unless that’s his dream job.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 07:47 PM
I have no idea who they would hire.

If Napier wanted it he wouldve taken it last year and also for kiffin.

Auburn is one of the toughest jobs in America that also has great talent, the problem with them is their 2 biggest rivals are the 2 biggest powerhouses in college football and 1 of them they share a state with.

A good coach can win national titles there but many do not want to have to put up with the expectations there. Crazy boosters that will do anything to beat alabama

If any sec west program were to ever think about hiring hugh freeze, it would be auburn with his history of beating alabama

TNDawg35
11-19-2021, 07:48 PM
Mullenz to Auburn…***

Lord McBuckethead
11-19-2021, 08:15 PM
Who?

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2021, 08:23 PM
I have no idea who they would hire.

If Napier wanted it he wouldve taken it last year and also for kiffin.

Auburn is one of the toughest jobs in America that also has great talent, the problem with them is their 2 biggest rivals are the 2 biggest powerhouses in college football and 1 of them they share a state with.

A good coach can win national titles there but many do not want to have to put up with the expectations there. Crazy boosters that will do anything to beat alabama

If any sec west program were to ever think about hiring hugh freeze, it would be auburn with his history of beating alabama

Every Auburn coach starts the season with 2 losses.

For the good of their program, I think Auburn needs to get out of UGA being a permanent opponent when TX and OU get here. Just play UGA every other year and give yourself a chance.

StarkVegasSteve
11-19-2021, 09:50 PM
As much as they hated Gus he had the formula to win there. Be able to bottle an O Line and a favorable schedule once every 3-4 years and you can make a run at the playoffs. The problem is that their fan base consistently tries to compare themselves to Bama and they need to understand that what Saban has built is a monster that college football has never seen and will never see again.

RocketDawg
11-19-2021, 09:55 PM
Best I can tell, Harsin isn't all that popular amongst Auburn supporters and fans.

dribblethefootball
11-19-2021, 10:08 PM
harsin appears to be not covid vax?d based on his comments and may get fired from auburn bc of their mandate. that said, assuming true, it makes no sense for Washington to go after him

thf24
11-19-2021, 10:19 PM

They could also do a lot worse; Harsin wasn't all that bad this year all things considered. I wouldn't hate them having to roll the dice again so soon.

Saltydog
11-19-2021, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=dribblethefootball;1385528]harsin appears to be not covid vax?d based on his comments and may get fired from auburn bc of their mandate. that said, assuming true, it makes no sense for Washington to go after him[/

I doubt he'll lose a job due to the mandate but who knows.......

Homedawg
11-19-2021, 11:18 PM

I think harsin is a perfect fit for auburn. He had bad culture and is working to fix that and needs a year to ge tomorrow if his type of guys. Will he win enough to suit auburn? No. Nobody does.

Homedawg
11-19-2021, 11:19 PM
harsin appears to be not covid vax?d based on his comments and may get fired from auburn bc of their mandate. that said, assuming true, it makes no sense for Washington to go after him

Who says so? Bc he won't say he is? If that's true, then leach isn't. He doesn't owe it to anyone to say he is or isn't

Homedawg
11-19-2021, 11:21 PM
Best I can tell, Harsin isn't all that popular amongst Auburn supporters and fans.

The few auburn fans I know love him. But it's year one

msstate7
11-19-2021, 11:49 PM
Will he win enough to suit auburn? No. Nobody does.

Haha

Quaoarsking
11-20-2021, 10:22 AM

Maybe he'll wait to get the shot until Auburn fires him so he doesn't have a buyout, and then get the shot and go up to UW