PDA

View Full Version : Lane shopping his name or is this a possibility?

Op4isabitch
11-18-2021, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1461385226786115603?s=21

Cowbell
11-18-2021, 12:48 PM
https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1461385226786115603?s=21

Knowing how the game is played, this actually makes me feel more like he's shopping his name to get a raise and he doesn't plan on going anywhere

yjnkdawg
11-18-2021, 12:49 PM
Kiffin doesn't have to shop his name. If he wants something he can tell Jimmy Sexton, his agent, as he does all the shopping for Kiffin.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Knowing how the game is played, this actually makes me feel more like he's shopping his name to get a raise and he doesn't plan on going anywhere

He is in line for a raise regardless. Lane to Miami makes sense.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2021, 12:53 PM
He is in line for a raise regardless. Lane to Miami makes sense.

THIS!!!

TrapGame
11-18-2021, 01:36 PM
If Miami opens up he's gone.

IMissJack
11-18-2021, 01:43 PM
Miami will probably be an open position because most new AD’s will want a fresh start with coach of their choosing.

TrapGame
11-18-2021, 01:56 PM
Miami will probably be an open position because most new AD’s will want a fresh start with coach of their choosing.

This. That's the rumor going round. The AD candidates want Diaz fired so the next AD can choose the next coach.

PikeDawg15
11-18-2021, 02:12 PM
This. That's the rumor going round. The AD candidates want Diaz fired so the next AD can choose the next coach.

1. Cristobal
2. Kiffin

Thats the 2 guys

Dak Holliday
11-18-2021, 10:54 PM
Everyone these days- coaches and players are about building their brand, and it takes precedence over our brands. Social media, NIL, coaching carousels, they all are a means to an end where the individual comes out on top. I?m not necessarily saying it?s all together a terrible thing, but it?s definitely a change.

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2021, 01:07 AM
It's VERY interesting seeing who is trying to excuse and deflect from what Kiffen is doing. Mods I hope you are taking notes. This board is supposed to be Confederate free zone. As of now it looks like we have been infiltrated by the core of current Ole Miss folks, the cowards who fled and and ran to the rear when Picket's Charge was ordered. WE are descended from the enlisted men who actually followed orders and MADE the charge. THEY are descended from the cowardly officers who ordered the charge, and WATCHED as their units died in front of their eyes, and were happy it was their peasants instead of them.

Dak Holliday
11-19-2021, 01:26 AM
Who is trying to deflect or defend? Somethings are just logical. Kiffin, even if he doesn?t leave this year, won?t want to stay in Mississippi long, so why not hedge his bets? Get a raise and bigger buyout while he can in case he doesn?t get an offer he wants this year. Wise man once said that there?s a fool at every table, and if you can?t identify him within the first few minutes, that fool is you. You can bet Kiffin remembers the tarmac.

parabrave
11-19-2021, 02:11 AM
1. Cristobal
2. Kiffin

Thats the 2 guys

He ain't leaving Oregon. Leave that Nike Money to go to Miami and their endowment. They lost their endowment when the Coke trade went from south Fla to South Texas.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2021, 04:48 AM
They lost their endowment when the Coke trade went from south Fla to South Texas.

Now we know why UTSA is undefeated.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2021, 08:11 AM
Lane would leave OM tomorrow if he could. He has instructed sexton to find a good landing spot that's an easier path to playoff. Once Manny and Dan are fired then things will hear up. He would love to get back to S FL and might do so for same $$$

Dak Holliday
11-19-2021, 08:19 AM
I don?t disagree. OM is a stepping stone job. Kiffin considers himself to be elite and for the most part has had the opportunity of an elite coach- UT, USC, Raiders- all at a young age. I?m sure he?d love to parlay OM into bigger as fast as he can.

Saltydog
11-19-2021, 09:04 AM
Just from perusing their boards and social media there's a large contingent of the fan base that wants Cristobal over Kiffin...........

WhiskeyPirate
11-19-2021, 09:30 AM
Oregon/Nike is a destination job, Ole Miss is not.

Johnson85
11-19-2021, 09:39 AM
I don?t disagree. OM is a stepping stone job. Kiffin considers himself to be elite and for the most part has had the opportunity of an elite coach- UT, USC, Raiders- all at a young age. I?m sure he?d love to parlay OM into bigger as fast as he can.

It's not a stepping stone. It's not a destination job, but like MSU, there is a small list of bluebloods with the ability to poach from them.

msstatelp1
11-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Look at Kiffin's history. Since becoming a head coach, he's moved every 2-3 years. Sometimes by choice, sometimes not. It's not hard to imagine him looking for another job especially if he wants to go back to Florida.

Dak Holliday
11-19-2021, 09:47 AM
It's not a stepping stone. It's not a destination job, but like MSU, there is a small list of bluebloods with the ability to poach from them.

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
This is better stated👆🏼. When I say stepping stone, I mean more for elite coaches. If MSU or OM land an elite coach, it?s like AAA for the blue bloods.

WhiskeyPirate
11-19-2021, 09:55 AM
Except for Leach. No matter how much success he has, at this stage in his career I think MSU is his destination job.

Kiffin, I honestly think he came in for a 1-2 year image rehab and then he?s gone. He?s 100% mercenary. He and Leach get along but he has had some character issues IMO.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 10:01 AM
The main thing to look at is who we are talking about .
Lane. Kiffin

Lane kiffin isn?t a north Mississippi guy .

Look at his past . He left tennessee for another blue blood so why would he not leave ole miss ?

He could stay or go

I?m leaning that he goes , he sees ole miss will have the least talent in the sec west next year with no Matt corral to bail him out and also Matt corral is light years better than Spencer trashler.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 10:17 AM
Except for Leach. No matter how much success he has, at this stage in his career I think MSU is his destination job.

Kiffin, I honestly think he came in for a 1-2 year image rehab and then he?s gone. He?s 100% mercenary. He and Leach get along but he has had some character issues IMO.

Elite Sociopath

TrapGame
11-19-2021, 10:19 AM
And I read Lane's old AD from Florida Atlantic is in the running for Miami AD. They had a good relationship.

PMDawg
11-19-2021, 11:53 AM
Barrett Sally one of the first in line to say Kiffin wouldn't leave OM for Miami in response to the tweet linked in OP. What is his obsession with propping up OM?

Extendedcab
11-19-2021, 12:02 PM
He needs to talk to Bert Stare!! ****** That would change his mind!!

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Barrett Sally one of the first in line to say Kiffin wouldn't leave OM for Miami in response to the tweet linked in OP. What is his obsession with propping up OM?

It truely baffles me how much the national media loves Ole Miss and throws mississippi state aside. Danny Kannel for the longest time has shitted on MSU in anyway he can.

I think right now in Mississippi there are more State fans than ole miss fans. The Ole miss fans come out of the closet when they have a good season but state fans are always there
A part of it being that most MSU students are in state and a lot of Ole Miss students are from out of state so that means ole miss potentially has a broader reach than state?

The 3 biggest things we have going for us ( some may disagree but they both help us be talked about)

1. Dak Prescott
2. Mike Leach
3. Brandon Freaking Walker.

MoreCowbell
11-19-2021, 02:01 PM
I think he would be a fool to leave for Miami. He should go to LSU

MoreCowbell
11-19-2021, 02:03 PM

I think I agree though, what is the appeal of Miami U? It is not coming back as a program

Johnson85
11-19-2021, 02:44 PM
I think I agree though, what is the appeal of Miami U? It is not coming back as a program

Miami is not going to be "The U" again, but like a log of non-blue blood schools, you can win there with the right coach. And unlike being at Ole Miss, "winning" means you can get to the playoffs because you don't have an SECW schedule. Miami may never win a Natty again, but they at least have a realistic shot at the playoffs playing in the ACC.

thf24
11-19-2021, 03:07 PM
Kiffin might still be there next year, but you can bet money he's planning not to be if at all possible. The reason he chose OM for the next stop on his rehab tour is about to be picked in the first round of the NFL draft, and barring a big surprise there's no one walking through their door before next season who can pick up where Corral left off. If Kiffin gets stuck there another year, that offense and his stock are going to take a significant step back.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 04:34 PM
Kiffin might still be there next year, but you can bet money he's planning not to be if at all possible. The reason he chose OM for the next stop on his rehab tour is about to be picked in the first round of the NFL draft, and barring a big surprise there's no one walking through their door before next season who can pick up where Corral left off. If Kiffin gets stuck there another year, that offense and his stock are going to take a significant step back.

THIS

Even my Ole miss Hotty Smoddy Colonel Reb loving friends have said that

He was going to take arkansas but matt corral was the selling point for ole miss. Hate him or not , Matt is a great qb who has saved their ass 2 seasons in a row from being a bowless team.

Ole miss will be the worst sec west team next year and kiffin knows it and is trying hard to get out before his stock goes all the way to the floor and he gets stuck in oxfart

He will be praying like he was on the sidelines against arkansas for Dan mullen to get fired at florida

Todd4State
11-19-2021, 06:18 PM

Pretty much nailed it. I could see a scenario where he doesn't go this year if Christobal takes the Miami job which is his alma mater and Dan stays at Florida.

But odds are he is gone after this season. And next year at the very latest. Fairly bad timing for Ole Miss if he does leave as there are a lot of very desirable jobs on the market this cycle.

TheLostDawg
11-19-2021, 08:43 PM
THIS

Even my Ole miss Hotty Smoddy Colonel Reb loving friends have said that

He was going to take arkansas but matt corral was the selling point for ole miss. Hate him or not , Matt is a great qb who has saved their ass 2 seasons in a row from being a bowless team.

Ole miss will be the worst sec west team next year and kiffin knows it and is trying hard to get out before his stock goes all the way to the floor and he gets stuck in oxfart

He will be praying like he was on the sidelines against arkansas for Dan mullen to get fired at florida

Well an old Miss fan told me they've been talking about on their board that the OU QB that quit has ole Miss in his top potential landing spots.
However we all know how much BS they make up.

Dak Holliday
11-20-2021, 10:08 AM
It truely baffles me how much the national media loves Ole Miss and throws mississippi state aside. Danny Kannel for the longest time has shitted on MSU in anyway he can.

I think right now in Mississippi there are more State fans than ole miss fans. The Ole miss fans come out of the closet when they have a good season but state fans are always there
A part of it being that most MSU students are in state and a lot of Ole Miss students are from out of state so that means ole miss potentially has a broader reach than state?

The 3 biggest things we have going for us ( some may disagree but they both help us be talked about)

1. Dak Prescott
2. Mike Leach
3. Brandon Freaking Walker.

Brandon Walker is just vulgar Stingray.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2021, 10:53 AM
Brandon Walker is just vulgar Stingray.

I dont know if you have seen but Stingray has switched up on us

PikeDawg15
11-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Well an old Miss fan told me they've been talking about on their board that the OU QB that quit has ole Miss in his top potential landing spots.
However we all know how much BS they make up.

Lol , that is board talk. Ole miss boards =BS

Spencer rattler got benched earlier in the season but came back in last week to try to save the day

Oklahoma is a mid day soap opera