PDA

View Full Version : Does this concern you?

starkvegasdawg
11-17-2021, 06:57 AM
We all know the sharts will go to any length to win. Any chance they try to pull a Fitzgerald on Rogers during the egg bowl?

KOdawg1
11-17-2021, 07:06 AM
It'll be more difficult considering Fitz was a running QB and put his body in situations to have that happen more than Rogers does. The only way they could possibly do it to Rogers is if it's on a sack.

OLJWales
11-17-2021, 07:19 AM
It's always a concern when playing those assholes. Would be interested knowing the bounty is.

bulldawg28
11-17-2021, 07:23 AM
Worry is for the faint of heart. Ain't nobody got time for that!

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2021, 07:40 AM
Kiffen doesn't seem like the type to allow stuff like that - or at least not encourage it like Fat Matt did.

RiverCityDawg
11-17-2021, 08:08 AM
Kiffen doesn't seem like the type to allow stuff like that - or at least not encourage it like Fat Matt did.

Yeah, I'm sure their defensive coordinator would never do anything to actually hurt someone.***

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2021, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I'm sure their defensive coordinator would never do anything to actually hurt someone.***

I forgot about Durkin - I actually think that makes it more likely that they wouldn't try anything like Luke's bounties. Durkin wants to be a HC again, he wouldn't risk it on something stupid at OM.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2021, 08:28 AM
We all know the sharts will go to any length to win. Any chance they try to pull a Fitzgerald on Rogers during the egg bowl?

I don't think Kiffin will allow it. Kiffin respects Leach & doesn't care enough about this rivalry to allow that

basedog
11-17-2021, 08:50 AM
I'm not for "dirty play" but it's football which is a contact sport.

Saltydog
11-17-2021, 09:07 AM
I'm not for "dirty play" but it's football which is a contact sport.

I'm not for dirty play either but I am for "revenge". Roll that MF'ER Corral.

TrapGame
11-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Y'all know if we get a clean hit on Corral, and unfortunately injure him, the sissy blue army will lose their freaking minds over it. It will be labeled "payback" for Fitz.

sleepy dawg
11-17-2021, 09:11 AM
I don't know about that, but this game certainly isn't like the others. Like always, our players better come out fired up. You can't win the egg bowl coming out playing a gentleman's game.

basedog
11-17-2021, 09:12 AM
I'm not for dirty play either but I am for "revenge". Roll that MF'ER Corral.

Nothing wrong for aggressive football. I'm not for targeting any players.

Hot Rock
11-17-2021, 09:26 AM
I am not for targeting and hurting any player on purpose. Nothing pisses me off more than some dude trying to injure another one on purpose.

I saw High School kids trying their dead level best to break a kids leg one year in the East Webster vs Vardaman game. They came back high fiving when they finally knocked him out of the game.

One would hold the Left Tackle up and the other would go at his leg trying to break it for and not one thing was said or a single flag thrown. I was so pissed and it was two my team's players doing it and they only would do it when they were on the home team side of the ball and our coaches were perfectly aware of it. A bunch of sorry ass human beings in my opinion, injuring kids on purpose just to win a damn game. ****ers should have been taken out and had their legs broke, including the East Webster coaches for allowing it. You know that shit has been going on for years, it's not like they don't watch the game films.

How these coaches and players justified their behavior is beyond me.

Johnson85
11-17-2021, 09:31 AM

"Must spread some rep around."

But I agree with Brunswick. Between nobody on either coaching staff caring that much about the rivalry, and Durkin not wanting to become toxic, I don't think they'll want any targeting. Of course, I am guessing coaches weren't involved with Fitz either. It was either just a dirty player or possibly a booster offering a player some incentive. I'd assume it's more likely the former but certainly boosters that are giving money under the table to players already care about football at a level most people don't understand, so it's not unfathomable that one or more of them also offered a bounty.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 09:48 AM

If they do that we break corral's ankle too

Dak Holliday
11-17-2021, 10:36 AM
The only thing to be concerned about here is the amount of folks that actually think this is even worth talking about.

Extendedcab
11-17-2021, 10:48 AM
I'm more concerned about an OM player lifting up his leg and pissing on our players and then we miss the winning field goal! ****************

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2021, 10:50 AM
Luke is gone. I don't think they will be near as likely to try it now.

Maverick91
11-17-2021, 10:58 AM
Like my Dad always says it is a violent game, no one should be trying to injure or hurt someone with a cheap shot. But, you best believe I want everyone on that field trying to defeat the will of the person across from them, when you make a tackle that running back better be thinking "that hurt and I don't want anymore of that for 60 minutes."

PMDawg
11-17-2021, 11:02 AM
No.

parabrave
11-17-2021, 11:05 AM
Luke is gone. I don't think they will be near as likely to try it now.

Luke was a POS who maybe encouraged that. I don't think Kiffen would encourage a cheap shot like they did on Fitz.

yjnkdawg
11-17-2021, 11:06 AM
Those types of POS players up there are gone now. Kiffin definitely wants to win the EGG Bowl, but I don't see him doing anything dirty to win it, especially against CML I think that type of mentality left when a coach and those players left.

Hot Rock
11-17-2021, 11:44 AM
I don't see the animosity between the coaches or the players as it once was. Make no mistake, it is a violent game and guys get hurt but I don't see the cheap shots continuing under either of these coaches, ours or theirs.

TrapGame
11-17-2021, 12:10 PM
I don't see the animosity between the coaches or the players as it once was. Make no mistake, it is a violent game and guys get hurt but I don't see the cheap shots continuing under either of these coaches, ours or theirs.

Yep. This will be a very physical game but no one is going to hurt anyone maliciously.

Maverick91
11-17-2021, 12:36 PM
Yep. This will be a very physical game but no one is going to hurt anyone maliciously.

Which is exactly what you want.

MaroonFlounder
11-17-2021, 02:26 PM
It'll be more difficult considering Fitz was a running QB and put his body in situations to have that happen more than Rogers does. The only way they could possibly do it to Rogers is if it's on a sack.

Will has GOT to make quick decisions/throws. Sam WIlliams is gonna get to him a few times, and when he does, he will have bad intentions.

Lord McBuckethead
11-18-2021, 11:49 AM

I am not worried about it. Go back and look at how many QBs Ole Miss put out of the game that year. It was something like 5. They were being taught to do it in 2017. Say whatever you want about Kiffin, but his teams do not have that mentality. Now he may hold like a mother 17er on run plays, and coach it that way, but not intentionally injuring players. It just hasn't happened under him, point blank.

Dawgology
11-18-2021, 12:41 PM
I am not worried about it. Go back and look at how many QBs Ole Miss put out of the game that year. It was something like 5. They were being taught to do it in 2017. Say whatever you want about Kiffin, but his teams do not have that mentality. Now he may hold like a mother 17er on run plays, and coach it that way, but not intentionally injuring players. It just hasn't happened under him, point blank.

This. Ole Miss had a mother****ing shithead of a coach that season. A true piece of shit.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2021, 01:47 PM
This. Ole Miss had a mother****ing shithead of a coach that season. A true piece of shit.

Yeah, he would do anything to try to win and he had a few players who would carry out his dirty crap. That type of culture is gone up there now.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2021, 01:54 PM
Will has GOT to make quick decisions/throws. Sam WIlliams is gonna get to him a few times, and when he does, he will have bad intentions.

Add Chance Campbell (the transfer LB from Mayland) with Williams. Going into the TAMU game he had a team leading 74 tackles, with 10.5 for a loss and 6 sacks. Campbell has really been a positive addition for the OM defense.

NCDawg
11-18-2021, 03:49 PM

I'm worried about that, also. Their no. 7 on our no. 78 isn't a good match. We need to come out ready to play-not like the Auburn game where Arnett and Leach had to call a timeout because of our poor play. I'm also concerned about our DB's against their W/R's. Our D/B's have gotten beat too many times this year..

dotcomdawg
11-19-2021, 07:36 AM
I never believed it was the Ole Miss coaches who encouraged the broken ankle on Fitzgerald. I always assumed some alumni had put a price tag on Nick after he ran all over them in Oxford the previous year. if so, I'm sure that alumnus is still around for a game with bigger stakes for them. I think a bounty on Will is a legitimate concern, especially now that Rogers has ramped up his game.

MaroonFlounder
11-19-2021, 09:48 AM
I'm worried about that, also. Their no. 7 on our no. 78 isn't a good match. We need to come out ready to play-not like the Auburn game where Arnett and Leach had to call a timeout because of our poor play. I'm also concerned about our DB's against their W/R's. Our D/B's have gotten beat too many times this year..

Gotta stick to Drummond like glue. Make some other wr beat you.

They will have Drummond in the slot and he will have a field day with our poor safeties.

indognito
11-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Someone may have expressed this previously but I'd be more concerned that Ole Miss boosters had offered a bounty to TSU players to take Will out.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 10:28 AM
I never believed it was the Ole Miss coaches who encouraged the broken ankle on Fitzgerald. I always assumed some alumni had put a price tag on Nick after he ran all over them in Oxford the previous year. if so, I'm sure that alumnus is still around for a game with bigger stakes for them. I think a bounty on Will is a legitimate concern, especially now that Rogers has ramped up his game.

I promise that if that happens, matt corral will get his conerly in a ****ing wheelchair

PikeDawg15
11-19-2021, 10:29 AM
I want a clean and fair game but if those pos's try something like that ever again...