PDA

View Full Version : Ranked at #25

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 07:06 PM
Well , that is not good for our sugar bowl ? chance?

We can cancel that out now.
Just beat ole miss.

Catfish
11-16-2021, 07:07 PM
We'll move up.

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 07:14 PM
We'll move up.

They have
Ole miss 12
Texas A&M 16
Arkansas 21
Miss st 25

A&M would have to lose to LSU now .
They did that shit on purpose , no way in hell Texas A&M should be 5 spots above Arkansas .

BuckyIsAB****
11-16-2021, 07:16 PM
Who cares. Just win out

Commercecomet24
11-16-2021, 07:18 PM
Who cares. Just win out

This.

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2021, 07:22 PM
Yep... that Arkansas lose really hurt a better bowl. We win that game and we would of easily been in top 10 this week.

All that matters is win the games left.
Spoil The bears season and ride into the end of recruiting and bowl season with momentum.. and roll that right into what we have setting up for next year.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2021, 07:24 PM
They have
Ole miss 12
Texas A&M 16
Arkansas 21
Miss st 25

A&M would have to lose to LSU now .
They did that shit on purpose , no way in hell Texas A&M should be 5 spots above Arkansas .

A&M lost to all this teams. They're way too high.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 07:24 PM
Who cares. Just win out

The way we played pig @ 17 then AU Win, we should be ranked. We have weird losses that are not indicative of where we are now.

Todd4State
11-16-2021, 07:26 PM
The way we played pig @ 17 then AU Win, we should be ranked. We have weird losses that are not indicative of where we are now.

It is indicative of the year as a whole because we are a young team. And we've been inconsistent on both sides of the ball all year because of it.

It has led to some wild games. Some we came out better in than others.

bulldawg28
11-16-2021, 07:31 PM

Just beat ole miss.

Sugar Bowl?

Commercecomet24
11-16-2021, 07:34 PM

Yeah I agree. They're putting way to much stock in AM one real win this year. It's literally all they've done

lastmajordog
11-16-2021, 07:55 PM
Just win....Just win....if DOGS don’t get where they should be this year, they will be early next year. Winning takes care of everything....national perception, rankings, bowl games, recruits......EVERYTHING

LC Dawg
11-16-2021, 08:03 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on Bama? They obviously stay in the top 4 if they win out and beat UGA in the SEC championship game and most likely do if they play UGA close. But what happens if UGA blows them out? If they fall from the playoffs they get the Sugar Bowl. I think that would leave the Peach and Fiesta as the most desirable bowls and I think they can pick who they want. The Citrus would be the biggest with an SEC tie in. After that you would basically just get a bowl that only the fans of both team and football fanatics care about unless it is some kind of intriguing matchup.

BuckyIsAB****
11-16-2021, 08:48 PM
We are going to beat ole miss

lastmajordog
11-16-2021, 09:00 PM
d

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 09:04 PM
We need the Egg back this year. Real important. UUGE

LC Dawg
11-16-2021, 09:06 PM
We are going to beat ole miss
I agree. And it's more important for next year than this year imo. If we finish this year ranked we should be ranked to start next year. It's a lot harder to break into the top 25 than to drop out of it.
I also think if we win out and Will puts up the numbers he has been putting up he'll be in the Heisman conversation to start next year.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 09:14 PM
I agree. And it's more important for next year than this year imo. If we finish this year ranked we should be ranked to start next year. It's a lot harder to break into the top 25 than to drop out of it.
I also think if we win out and Will puts up the numbers he has been putting up he'll be in the Heisman conversation to start next year.

Can't put next years EGG above the one coming up.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2021, 09:16 PM
If Bama loses to GA, regardless of how, they are out.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2021, 09:17 PM
If Bama loses to GA, regardless of how, they are out.

Yep, and in that case, they're Sugar Bowl, right? And everyone else will get bumped down? We beat OM in that situation, is our ceiling Citrus or Outback?

LC Dawg
11-16-2021, 09:22 PM
Can't put next years EGG above the one coming up.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying this year's Egg Bowl is important for us for momentum to start next year.

RocketDawg
11-16-2021, 09:29 PM
Well, Vandy could beat Ole Miss. They've done it before, so you never know. **

We're going to have to wait until next year to think of the Sugar Bowl or any other major bowl. We've just had too many ups and downs this year, a couple of which could easily be blamed on incompetent officiating.

LC Dawg
11-16-2021, 09:35 PM
Yep, and in that case, they're Sugar Bowl, right? And everyone else will get bumped down? We beat OM in that situation, is our ceiling Citrus or Outback?
I think A&M and probably Ole Miss would be ranked ahead of us so I think Outback would be our ceiling. The four losses will be too much in my opinion - even with all the ranked wins.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 09:37 PM

Agree. A&M is completely unfairly rated.

Get this, A&M only true road win is at Mizzou. They're resume kind of stinks outside of one game

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 09:40 PM
I think A&M and probably Ole Miss would be ranked ahead of us so I think Outback would be our ceiling. The four losses will be too much in my opinion - even with all the ranked wins.

Would be insane to be above both of those teams in the SEC and to have beat both yet behind in the playoff.

The SEC can right the Memphis and/or Arkansas wrong by doing the right thing.

Tater
11-16-2021, 09:41 PM
Arkansas loses to Alabama next week. We swap spots with them in Rankings and move to about 20-21. OM / ATM may move up 1 from attrition.

We beat OM. Aggy wins their game.

We move up into Aggy tier and OM moves down. Committee puts it as Aggy - 1 / OM - 2 / Us - 3 because “Set aside watching the games, that’s certainly a part of it. But statistically in just about every category offensively and defensively, UM comes out on top over MSU."

Coach34
11-16-2021, 09:45 PM
Bama is not beating Georgia. Bama is headed to the Sugar.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2021, 09:49 PM

Most likely.

LC Dawg
11-16-2021, 09:51 PM
After the Citrus picks the SEC assigns the rest of the bowls is what I understand. It's anyone's guess what those ****ers will do.

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 10:02 PM

Just beat ole miss.
Whoever thought we were going to the sugar had not thought that out clearly wo maroon glasses. Never ever a chance. Ever.

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 10:04 PM
Agree. A&M is completely unfairly rated.

Get this, A&M only true road win is at Mizzou. They're resume kind of stinks outside of one game

Except that one game is kinda big... and frankly, they've beaten auburn who we beat. Who have we beaten that's so great? We have 2 ranked wins now if you do it like they did in the Mullen era. Nc state and Texas A&M.

PikeDawg15
Most likely.
Gonna be honest .
I think that will be the most motivated saban/ bama you will ever see come out and play Georgia

This is locker room fuel for saban

Commercecomet24
Whoever thought we were going to the sugar had not thought that out clearly wo maroon glasses. Never ever a chance. Ever.

Yeah just to many losses and to many ahead of us.

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 10:07 PM
Except that one game is kinda big... and frankly, they've beaten auburn who we beat. Who have we beaten that's so great? We have 2 ranked wins now if you do it like they did in the Mullen era. Nc state and Texas A&M.

There?s only 1 game that matters and it?s on thanksgiving night ?

Also , I think Arkansas would beat A&M once again if they played at a neutral site. So I think they should be ranked closer or above A&M ?

Egg bowl is all that matters now

Coach34
11-16-2021, 10:20 PM
Gonna be honest .
I think that will be the most motivated saban/ bama you will ever see come out and play Georgia

Georgia is said to have 20 projected draft picks on the DEFENSIVE 2-deep. Not on their 2-deep. The DEFENSIVE 2-deep.

Bama is top 4 but they will have 2 losses because Georgia is simply the best team in the country this year. Plus, the SEC Championship game will be a home game for Georgia. Georgia is the going to win the NC this year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-16-2021, 10:24 PM
Looking at other teams remaining schedules it is very likely Bama makes the playoff even losing to Georgia or at least gets good consideration

I see automatic playoff teams being UGA and winner of big 10 most likely Ohio state but could be Michigan. After that the only 1 loss team remaining I see is notre dame. Oregon will most likely lose this Saturday at Utah. Big 12 champ will have 2 losses most likely, ACC champ will have 2 losses most likely. So then you have a 2 loss Bama. Would the committee put them in over a 2 loss Oregon, 2 loss Oklahoma school or 2 loss pitt/wake? That will get interesting. And Cincinnati will lose to Houston in the AAC champ so that will take care of them.

BhamDawg
11-16-2021, 10:31 PM

If Kirby doesn?t choke again, I will be shocked.

Coach34
11-16-2021, 10:41 PM
If Kirby doesn?t choke again, I will be shocked.

When did Kirby choke? I missed that

Tua's pass beat them- but nobody thought Georgia was better than Bama that year

Georgia is the best team in the country. If they dont win it- then this year would be a choke

FISHDAWG
11-16-2021, 10:43 PM
Georgia is said to have 20 projected draft picks on the DEFENSIVE 2-deep. Not on their 2-deep. The DEFENSIVE 2-deep.

Bama is top 4 but they will have 2 losses because Georgia is simply the best team in the country this year. Plus, the SEC Championship game will be a home game for Georgia. Georgia is the going to win the NC this year.

I think you've got this one figured wrong... Georgia's offense isn't gonna get it done

parabrave
11-16-2021, 10:43 PM

The SEC is only getting one CFP this year. We will have the SEC loser in the Sugar and no matter what the egg bowl outcome OM will be in a NY6 bowl game. Arky or A@M Citrus and Aubbie, KY and us fighting over the outback/

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 10:50 PM

A&M's only true road win is at Mizzou. A&M didn't even score an offensive TD at home vs Auburn. They're not a good team

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 10:52 PM
The SEC is only getting one CFP this year. We will have the SEC loser in the Sugar and no matter what the egg bowl outcome OM will be in a NY6 bowl game. Arky or A@M Citrus and Aubbie, KY and us fighting over the outback/

Arky will be 4-4 in the SEC. We'll be 5-3

I don't think OM at all gets a NY6 with an Egg loss.

BhamDawg
11-16-2021, 11:17 PM
When did Kirby choke? I missed that

Tua's pass beat them- but nobody thought Georgia was better than Bama that year

Georgia is the best team in the country. If they dont win it- then this year would be a choke

Did you watch either game?

They were ahead 28-14 late in the 3rd quarter in the SEC Championship and ahead 20-7 late in the 3rd quarter in the National Championship.

I don?t about you, but to me, if you are up two touchdowns late in the third quarter, in the two most important games of the season, and lose both games, you choked.

And I fully expect it to happen again, although I would love to be wrong.

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 11:24 PM
There?s only 1 game that matters and it?s on thanksgiving night ?

Also , I think Arkansas would beat A&M once again if they played at a neutral site. So I think they should be ranked closer or above A&M ?

Egg bowl is all that matters now

They should be ranked ahead of them Bc you think they would win again? They should t be ranked ahead of them now that's for sure .

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 11:28 PM
I think you've got this one figured wrong... Georgia's offense isn't gonna get it done

Ga's offense doesn't make them a sure thing against bama. But they will be in the playoff no matter.. but offense is an issue still to me at least... but I do the ink they are the best team. But not bama of last year or lsu of 19 Bc of lack of offense

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 11:29 PM
A&M's only true road win is at Mizzou. A&M didn't even score an offensive TD at home vs Auburn. They're not a good team

So our we suck?? That's our best win. You know that right?? So bi polar you are

Homedawg
11-16-2021, 11:32 PM
Did you watch either game?

They were ahead 28-14 late in the 3rd quarter in the SEC Championship and ahead 20-7 late in the 3rd quarter in the National Championship.

I don?t about you, but to me, if you are up two touchdowns late in the third quarter, in the two most important games of the season, and lose both games, you choked.

And I fully expect it to happen again, although I would love to be wrong.

Choke is a stupid word in both of those cases. So auburn choked?? Or we just beat their ass?? Choking occurs. But greg Norman isn't here in this convo

Coach34
11-16-2021, 11:50 PM
Choke is a stupid word in both of those cases. So auburn choked?? Or we just beat their ass?? Choking occurs. But greg Norman isn't here in this convo

Exactly. Going into the games- nobody thought Georgia was the better team. I look at it as Kirby outcoached Saban as long as he could but eventually the talent took over. You can only outcoach someone so long when they have better talent. All you can do is hope to run out the clock

TUSK
11-17-2021, 05:10 AM
I'm glad you cats asked for Tusk's take on the CFP********

Think it through.....

GIVENS:

1. UGA beats both CHSO and wins @Ga Tech
2. Alabama beats Arkie and wins @Aubie (sans Bo Nix)
3. Oregon beats Stanford and ORG St
4. Ohio State
5. Cinci beats SMU and wins @ECU
6. Michigan wins @MD
7. Mich State
8. Notre Dame beats Ga Tech and wins @Stanford
9. Okie State wins @Tx Tech

Assuming all the GIVENS are true, this in the CFP Rank, Team and Remaining Schedule:

1. Georgia 12-0 vs Alabama in SECC
2. Alabama 11-1 @Georgia in SECC
3. Oregon 10-1 @Utah, then Utah (again) in PACC
4. Ohio State 9-1 vs Mich State, Michigan, then Wisky in B1GC
5. Cinci 12-0 vs Houston in AKCC*
6. Michigan 9-1 vs Ohio St, then Wisky in B1GC
7. Mich St 9-1 vs Ohio St, PSU, then Wisky in B1GC
8. Notre Dame 11-1
9. Okie St 10-1 vs Oklahoma, and then vs Oklahoma (again) in BIG12C

Now, for the fun part:

DIG IT:

1. Georgia beats Bammer & finishes 13-0
2. Alabama 11-1 loses @UGA & finishes 11-2 (lost @A&M)

3. Oregon 10-1 loses (1 of 2) vs Utah & finishes 11-2 (lost @Stanford)

4. Ohio State 9-1 loses 1 of :Mich St, Mich or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost to Oregon)
6. Michigan 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Mich St.)
7. Mich St 9-1 loses 1 of: Ohio St, PSU, or Wisky & finishes 11-2 (lost @Purdue)

5. Cinci 12-0 finishes 13-0

8. Notre Dame 11-1 (lost to Cinci)

9. Okie St 10-1 loses 1 of 2 to Oklahoma & finishes 11-2 (lost @ISU)

and, lastly, "REC does werk".....

Coursesuper
11-17-2021, 08:08 AM

That defense is just amazing to watch if you like that, the speed and precision that they execute things are just so well done. They are very seldom out of position, and the DBs are so good.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2021, 10:15 AM

It depends on which version of choke. If you mean self inflected by getting food stuck in your throat or did someone put their hands on your throat and choked you. Self inflected choking in football is making mistakes with, miss tackles, penalties and bad special team play. The other choke is like what State did Saturday. They put their hand on their throat and choke the ever living shit out of Auburn.

TrapGame
11-17-2021, 10:24 AM
So, what are the possible Top 25 losses Saturday to move us up some?

Tater
11-17-2021, 10:24 AM
How tf do you think someone out coaches someone when the other guy makes a comeback. What kind of stupid take. Did we not just fellate Leach and Arnett for showing resolve and coaching our team into making a comeback. You get a quick lead, you're the better gameplanner. If you hold that lead and win, you can say you out coached them. You blow that lead, then you did not out coach them.

Are we gonna sit here and act like Harsin outcoached Leached until the vaunted Mississippi State talent took over? Harsin held on for as long as he could?

Someone needs to make a stop at Dunkin' because their coffee got something funky in their mix causing them to say stupid things.

msudawg1200
11-17-2021, 10:28 AM
So, what are the possible Top 25 losses Saturday to move us up some?

#23 Utah hopefully against Oregon
#22 UTSA possible against UAB
#21 Arkansas against Bama
#18 Pitt could lose to Va
Maybe Memphis will beat #24 Houston

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 10:50 AM
Arky will be 4-4 in the SEC. We'll be 5-3

I don't think OM at all gets a NY6 with an Egg loss.

In the scenario that state wins the egg bowl

If Alabama beats Georgia YES, both will be in the playoff , that is not a debate, Georgia is not falling from #1 to #5 unless they get beat 55-7

and with the rankings that happened.. If A&M beats LSU they go to the sugar in that scenario

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 10:56 AM
They should be ranked ahead of them Bc you think they would win again? They should t be ranked ahead of them now that's for sure .

That doesn't matter.

On September 5th in jerryworld the Arkansas razorbacks beat the texas a&m aggies 20-10
Arkansas is 7-3
Texas a&m is 7-3

When they have the same record and play in the same conference/division and have played each other also. You have to rank the winner ahead. If you do it for Oregon you have to do it for everyone.

Committee is putting teams where they want them, not based on anything.
I thought they did it very well the 1st rankings but then wtf is Michigan doing ahead of Michigan state 2 weeks after losing to them.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 10:57 AM
In the scenario that state wins the egg bowl

If Alabama beats Georgia YES, both will be in the playoff , that is not a debate, Georgia is not falling from #1 to #5 unless they get beat 55-7

and with the rankings that happened.. If A&M beats LSU they go to the sugar in that scenario

Ole miss could be ranked ahead of a&m but also remember that this committee just makes shit up so they could rank a 9-3 a&m ahead of a 9-3 ole miss

yjnkdawg
11-17-2021, 11:18 AM
Can't believe somebody thought we were still in the running for a berth in the Sugar Bowl. :rolleyes:

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 11:24 AM
Can't believe somebody thought we were still in the running for a berth in the Sugar Bowl. :rolleyes:

We are not anymore because of the ranking but yes it was a possibility depending on the ranking.

" a fOuR lOsS tEaM cAnt mAkE tHe sUgAr BoWl"

Ladies and gentleman I present to you the 2016 auburn tigers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Auburn_Tigers_football_team

but because of a&m being way too high that has destroyed it. yes if we played a&m again we would win and Arkansas would win too.
I thought that the committee threw out the Memphis game because remember in the first rankings we were 3 loss team ahead of 2 loss Kentucky and NC state who we had beaten

R2Dawg
11-17-2021, 01:31 PM
Gonna be honest .

Maybe, but it won't matter.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2021, 02:00 PM
Maybe, but it won't matter.

One thing I have learned the past 13 years is to never ever ever count out Saint Nickolas