PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo Pulls 5* RB in LA

TrapGame
11-16-2021, 09:26 AM
This is why the rumor is strong on LSU going all in on Jimbo. They are scared shitless he?s going to pull too many guys out of LA. Jimbo may be a slightly better than average coach but he?s a damn good recruiter.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 09:44 AM
They should set him up to get caught by the NCAA. There is no telling what Jimbo is doing in recruiting to get all these guys

msstate7
11-16-2021, 09:45 AM
Gotta figure king or weigman will be a much better option than calzada. They could be nasty on offense... Oline should be intact, achane is great rb, and receivers are good.

Jimbo cannot go into next season without better options at qb. They're probably undefeated and on their way to Atlanta with a good (not great) qb.

msstate7
11-16-2021, 09:46 AM
They should set him up to get caught by the NCAA. There is no telling what Jimbo is doing in recruiting to get all these guys

Dude, cheating is allowed now. They just have guys with money and a great Saleman at HC

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-16-2021, 09:47 AM
Gotta figure king or weigman will be a much better option than calzada. They could be nasty on offense... Oline should be intact, achane is great rb, and receivers are good.

Jimbo cannot go into next season without better options at qb. They're probably undefeated and on their way to Atlanta with a good (not great) qb.

Is King back from injury and still not playing or is he still injured?

msstate7
11-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Is King back from injury and still not playing or is he still injured?

I thought he was out for the year. I could be wrong though

Coach34
11-16-2021, 09:49 AM
One of my best friends works with a big A&M booster. He told me Saturday Jimbo isn't going anywhere. He's got a ranch in Texas now and too many other good things to leave.

Jack Lambert
11-16-2021, 09:57 AM
LSU will not have a head coach by first signing day. Unless someone can convince him to wait about signing until they know who the next coach is he is gone.

Jack Lambert
11-16-2021, 09:58 AM
great Saleman at HC

That's true but he can't coach for shit.

Apoplectic
11-16-2021, 10:01 AM
I?m bullish on jimbo and Kirby and bearish on saban now that cheating will level the playing field

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 10:14 AM
One of my best friends works with a big A&M booster. He told me Saturday Jimbo isn't going anywhere. He's got a ranch in Texas now and too many other good things to leave.

Bo Bounds is doing his best this morning to make people worry about Leach going to Oklahoma. It's pretty sad what he's doing.

3rdGen
11-16-2021, 10:16 AM
I?m bullish on jimbo and Kirby and bearish on saban now that cheating will level the playing field

I'm with you on this. Jimbo is a qb away from doing good things like stated above and Kirby just needs to keep that defense intact and keep looking for a qb as well.

basedog
11-16-2021, 10:17 AM
It's the Lsu AD who is all in on Jimbo. I have several Lsu buddies and they want NO part of Jimbo. Lsu is in a mess right now but so is La.

dawgman15
11-16-2021, 10:21 AM
Bo Bounds is doing his best this morning to make people worry about Leach going to Oklahoma. It's pretty sad what he's doing.

Bo Bounds is an Ole Miss fan, no one can change my mind on this

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 10:23 AM
Bo Bounds is an Ole Miss fan, no one can change my mind on this

He's an MSU fan that doesn't respect the MSU program. It's almost like some Ole Miss person is paying him to pump Leach for other jobs.

Makes no sense why an MSU alum would act like Bo is acting on this. It's awful & is a microcosm of the issues with our state. Some MSU booster needs to call in & tell him to shut this crap down

He's inventing Leach to Oklahoma on the fly just to create controversy. Why would an MSU fan do that?

Apoplectic
11-16-2021, 10:27 AM
He's an MSU fan that doesn't respect the MSU program. It's almost like some Ole Miss person is paying him to pump Leach for other jobs.

Makes no sense why an MSU alum would act like Bo is acting on this. It's awful & is a microcosm of the issues with our state. Some MSU booster needs to call in & tell him to shut this crap down

He's inventing Leach to Oklahoma on the fly just to create controversy. Why would an MSU fan do that?

He?s a desperate low talent shit stirrer trying to be relevant in a crowded media market

Johnson85
11-16-2021, 10:33 AM

He's an idiot. I will never understand why he wouldn't just play to both fanbases. There are times when reporting on news is going to piss off one fan base or the other, but it's stupid to drum up rumors and speculation that is going to piss off one of your major fan bases.

Also, slightly off topic, I had to google to figure out where Lincoln Riley was supposedly going, and it was pretty funny the number of Oklahoma fans that think Oklahoma is a bigger/better job than LSU. Not that I think Riley is going to jump ship from Oklahoma to LSU. Both schools are in that tier that you don't really leave for another college head coaching job unless you are unhappy or have a connection with the school you are going to. But LSU would have to at least be tempting to Riley. OU is going to be in the SEC sometime in the next four years, and that is probably not going to be a fun transition. More fun for OU than UT, but still going to be a shock unless they upgrade their talent between now and then.

dawgday166
11-16-2021, 10:40 AM

He's probably doing same thing Saban/Bama are doing but NCAA will bust Jimbo for it. Especially if he becomes a threat to Bama domination.

basedog
11-16-2021, 10:42 AM
Why would any Msu alumni listen to Bo's BS? Same for Finebaum!

dawgday166
11-16-2021, 10:45 AM
Also, slightly off topic, I had to google to figure out where Lincoln Riley was supposedly going, and it was pretty funny the number of Oklahoma fans that think Oklahoma is a bigger/better job than LSU. Not that I think Riley is going to jump ship from Oklahoma to LSU.

Historically speaking Ok is a bigger/better job than LSU.

Coach34
11-16-2021, 10:54 AM

Not in the last generation- which is what is most important. LSU has 3 NC's in the last 17 years

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2021, 10:54 AM

By the media yes, but you get better players at LSU. Oklahoma has been historically propped up by their schedule

dawgday166
11-16-2021, 10:59 AM
Not in the last generation- which is what is most important. LSU has 3 NC's in the last 17 years

By the media yes, but you get better players at LSU. Oklahoma has been historically propped up by their schedule

I'd probably agree with this but Ok is close again and they're one of original blue bloods. Them, Bama, USC at top of historical list for most part IMO. When Ok moves back to SEC that will help them IMO. But yea ... LSU is strong now, there probably is more talent in La than any other state, and LSU can own all that if they have good coach.

ETA: USC has fallen way off the map tho. Not sure what's up out there cause if they got a good coach they probably could own West Coast recruiting. Not sure tho since Oregon or Washington might be equally desirable locations now since USC is in LA.

Johnson85
11-16-2021, 11:15 AM

Yea, but Lincoln Riley wouldn't be presented a choice to take a historic job. He'd be presented a choice of taking a job at a place where the last three coaches (two of them not exactly shining stars) have won national championships and that is the dominant program in a decent sized state that produces possibly the most NFL talent per capita in the nation, or Oklahoma, another admittedly great job, but one that one its last championship over two decades ago and has coasted in the Big 12 but been mostly unable to get by top SEC teams. Again, I don't think that Riley is going to jump to LSU if offered, but if you're comparing the two, the only argument for Oklahoma is that it's got an easier path to the playoffs playing in the Big 12, and that's about to change. Possibly you can argue that their fans are saner, but it's been so long since they've struggled in the big 12, it's hard to say.

Apoplectic
11-16-2021, 11:18 AM
I'd probably agree with this but Ok is close again and they're one of original blue bloods. Them, Bama, USC at top of historical list for most part IMO. When Ok moves back to SEC that will help them IMO. But yea ... LSU is strong now, there probably is more talent in La than any other state, and LSU can own all that if they have good coach.

ETA: USC has fallen way off the map tho. Not sure what's up out there cause if they got a good coach they probably could own West Coast recruiting. Not sure tho since Oregon or Washington might be equally desirable locations now since USC is in LA.

OU and UT are moving to SEC to try to remain relevant.

dawgday166
11-16-2021, 12:08 PM
OU and UT are moving to SEC to try to remain relevant.

Not arguing. Without a doubt CFB revolves around SEC now.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-16-2021, 12:12 PM
He's probably doing same thing Saban/Bama are doing but NCAA will bust Jimbo for it. Especially if he becomes a threat to Bama domination.

Who do you think Jimbo learned from?

dawgday166
11-16-2021, 12:18 PM
Who do you think Jimbo learned from?

Yea ... I know. Doesn't mean SEC/NCAA won't bust him if he threatens Saban's dynasty. Part of my point was that Jimbo might modify it slightly around the boundaries to make sure he don't get busted, although I can't really see him reining it in like that.

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Bo Bounds is a Bo Bounds fan first and foremost. He is a State fan second. As for his business, He could do a better job of placating to Ole Miss and their money by ignoring the rumors of Kiffin leaving. However my OM friend believes Bounds is the number one stirrer of Kiffin leaving. Funny what people hear.

I listen to his show most days. He talks up State every single day. I don't know what more he could do other than play the fight song every commercial break. Today he mentioned Leach to Oklahoma And today was the first I've heard of that from him. He has mentioned Kiffin leaving for anywhere for months now.

Percho
11-16-2021, 12:34 PM

Why are there Rino's? You know those big grey animals with the horn?

chef dixon
11-16-2021, 12:41 PM

I don't get these rumors or the worry about them. No big name program wants Leach and they never will.

Coach34
11-16-2021, 12:44 PM

the almighty dolla bill. Almost all of us are loyal to the green over anything else.

Percho
11-16-2021, 12:55 PM
the almighty dolla bill. Almost all of us are loyal to the green over anything else.

That's what I meant.

PGHBulldogBG
11-16-2021, 01:20 PM
I am not sold Lincoln Riley is such a great coach. I think he does a good job but it is hard to judge because outside of maybe Ok State and Texas there is not a team in the whole big 12 that has near the talent of OU. I think the SEC should?ve picked up Ok State instead of Texas because dealing with Texas is a nightmare and their program is miles behind both Oklahoma schools in the past decade.

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2021, 01:39 PM
Bo got his name on this message board today. His business accomplished the Mission.

Ari Gold
11-16-2021, 01:54 PM

You could have stopped at Bo Bounds.....

Ari Gold
11-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Jimbo isn’t Leaving AM for less money so if LSU is stupid enough to pony up that much cash for that guy then so be it..

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 02:00 PM

I think they are on the same level tbh.

LSU was not what it is now.

Before saban, they were in that mid tier, behind bama, auburn, florida, tennessee, Georgia

Now since Tennessee fell off the map in the mid 2000's, LSU is in that club now after saban built it up.

Current SEC has a few tiers

tier 1 is Alabama, Georgia, and LSU
tier 2 is Auburn, Florida, Texas a&m
tier 3 is Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St, and possibly south carolina
tier 4 Missouri, kentucky

Vandy is the doormat

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 02:01 PM

Before saban, they were in that mid tier, behind bama, auburn, florida, tennessee, Georgia

Now since Tennessee fell off the map in the mid 2000's, LSU is in that club now after saban built it up.

Vandy is the doormat

I see in the next coming years that Texas A&M will replace LSU in the tier 1 ( If LSU whiffs the hire)

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 02:08 PM

Above the mason dixon, Pro sports just mean way more to them than college and its not even close.

Johnson85
11-16-2021, 02:43 PM

Vandy is the doormat

I think you still have to put Florida in the same tier as UGA. As up and down as Florida has been, they still have national championships with two different coaches since the last time UGA won a natty.

I think I would agree with everything else.

Ezsoil
11-16-2021, 11:30 PM
Dude, cheating is allowed now. They just have guys with money and a great Saleman at HC

This is the answer....throw in an AD that has zero conscience about doing whatever is needed... and they really should dominate ....the only thing is the Texas players are over rated, soft, and as we have seen with both Texas and Texas A&M, they don't translate into anything other than mediocrity

Apoplectic
11-17-2021, 12:16 AM
This is the answer....throw in an AD that has zero conscience about doing whatever is needed... and they really should dominate ....the only thing is the Texas players are over rated, soft, and as we have seen with both Texas and Texas A&M, they don't translate into anything other than mediocrity

I counted 36 non-Texans on the roster. Does this old narrative still hold water? Didn?t they take a top DL from Mississippi a few years ago? QB is from Ga? RB from La?

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2021, 12:41 AM

Vandy is the doormat

A&M tier 2? Seems unearned right?

yjnkdawg
11-17-2021, 11:54 AM
That's true but he can't coach for shit.

I think FSU would agree with you his last year or so, and you don't need to tick off a big booster or your friendly media.