PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bowl Uniforms

PikeDawg15
11-14-2021, 09:56 PM
Anybody heard anything?

Maroon and Gold maybe?

Dak Holliday
11-14-2021, 11:44 PM
Not gold. Gold on maroon screams old Italian men in crushed velvet maroon track suits with golden bracelets, rings, and chains. If we are going to use a metallic, use chrome instead. Just my thoughts.

yjnkdawg
11-15-2021, 12:05 AM
I wish we would wear the same uniforms and helmets we wore in the KY game. Skip the gold IMO.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2021, 12:48 AM
hope we go traditional maroon-maroon-white

Jarius
11-15-2021, 08:25 AM
Steve has hinted that we may wear the old interlocking MSU helmet / late 90s jersey for the egg bowl. Nothing for sure but he has thrown out some bread crumbs to insinuate it may happen.

Santiago
11-15-2021, 08:31 AM
Steve has hinted that we may wear the old interlocking MSU helmet / late 90s jersey for the egg bowl. Nothing for sure but he has thrown out some bread crumbs to insinuate it may happen.

I am not a big fan of the old MSJ logo, but for the Eggbowl it definitely seems to fit for a Thanksgiving game.
Would love to see the Kentucky game uniform and logo.

Jarius
11-15-2021, 08:33 AM
I am not a big fan of the old MSJ logo, but for the Eggbowl it definitely seems to fit for a Thanksgiving game.
Would love to see the Kentucky game uniform and logo.

The late 90s interlocking MSU and the MSJ logo are not the same thing. What Steve was hinting at was the late 90s interlocking logo.

Santiago
11-15-2021, 08:59 AM
The late 90s interlocking MSU and the MSJ logo are not the same thing. What Steve was hinting at was the late 90s interlocking logo.

To me they are about the same thing. Three letters locking, like Montana State, and other schools. Hope we use Kentucky game uni.
Have to say though, the gold was always fun too.

smootness
11-15-2021, 09:12 AM
If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2021, 09:17 AM
Give me All black. Jolly Roger helmets

Dak Holliday
11-15-2021, 09:37 AM
If we come out in the interlocking MSU, the fans are going to lose their freaking minds, and we will never go back to the M-State.

Agree. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Dak Holliday
11-15-2021, 09:38 AM
Give me All black. Jolly Roger helmets

Pirates vs Sharks, huh? Well, that?s definitely a different take that no one would have seen coming 10 years ago.

Maverick91
11-15-2021, 10:29 AM

This would make me so happy!

Dawgbite
11-15-2021, 10:40 AM

You would be surprised that outside of a small vocal minority on message boards, nobody really cares what’s on the side of the helmet.

smootness
11-15-2021, 10:45 AM
You would be surprised that outside of a small vocal minority on message boards, nobody really cares what’s on the side of the helmet.

I think you're entirely wrong.

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Just throwing it out there. I could be wrong... but I do not remember losing in Maroon and Gold

Gold M over S with be kinda cool

IMissJack
11-15-2021, 10:57 AM
Anybody heard anything?

Maroon and Gold maybe?

Please no, this screams of cheap desperation...

Dawgbite
11-15-2021, 10:58 AM

People will have an opinion if you ask them, “ do you like A or do you like B” but it’s not going to affect their fandom. Your not going to suddenly upgrade your seats and start donating more money to the BDC just because you like A helmet decal better the B helmet decal. I grew up and went to school with the interlocking MSU and while it does bring back memories, it’s probably my least favorite designs of the choices thrown around. I could be totally wrong, just stating my opinion.

smootness
11-15-2021, 11:08 AM
People will have an opinion if you ask them, “ do you like A or do you like B” but it’s not going to affect their fandom. Your not going to suddenly upgrade your seats and start donating more money to the BDC just because you like A helmet decal better the B helmet decal. I grew up and went to school with the interlocking MSU and while it does bring back memories, it’s probably my least favorite designs of the choices thrown around. I could be totally wrong, just stating my opinion.

I didn't say it will change anyone's level of fandom. But you would absolutely get a huge response if they ran out there in the interlocking MSU, and you would hear enough of a positive response that it would become permanent.

Same thing happened with the 2014 jerseys specifically made to look like the late 90s.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 11:21 AM
Do Leach and the players have a say on what is Worn?

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 11:25 AM

That would derail-slow down the push towards 'STATE". Did y'all notice Leach's Gear?

Catfish
11-15-2021, 11:34 AM
That would derail-slow down the push towards 'STATE". Did y'all notice Leach's Gear?

Black sweatshirt with STATE on the front.

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2021, 11:39 AM
I get the latest trends with the cool kids is to wear something different every week. Hell, some of these schools switch so much, at first glance of some games, I don't know who is who. Memphis....I don't even know what their regular uniform or helmet decal is anymore.

Switch up all yall damn well want.....just don't lose our identity. We aren't the Pirates. Also, stop the gold EggBowl stuff. Show off our University, not the game.

Anyways..... get off my lawn. hahaha.

smootness
11-15-2021, 11:46 AM

No, it wouldn't. Nobody can tell the banner on our logo says STATE.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 12:11 PM
No, it wouldn't. Nobody can tell the banner on our logo says STATE.

Not understanding why you say that.

I do like the interlocking though. I like Walking Bully too.

BulldogBear
11-15-2021, 12:21 PM

This ^

On a different note, the first time I saw MSJ I thought it was a typo. But now I can see it's referring to a specific logo. Which one is it? The lRocky/early Jackie one or the late 90s one? For the record I actually like the earlier one better. I was also at the 50yl and for years was part of the Headline News Network lead in graphics.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 12:34 PM
Do yall think it's time to stick with a consistent brand hopefully being recognized as STATE eventually? Seems we've flip flopped-changed a lot compared to others over the decades. Or am I wrong on that? Sorry for the Freudian slip on STATE. LOL

Jarius
11-15-2021, 12:51 PM
This ^

On a different note, the first time I saw MSJ I thought it was a typo. But now I can see it's referring to a specific logo. Which one is it? The lRocky/early Jackie one or the late 90s one? For the record I actually like the earlier one better. I was also at the 50yl and for years was part of the Headline News Network lead in graphics.

ETA I’m Wrong. Early Jackie years.

KOdawg1
11-15-2021, 01:02 PM
If we come out rocking the interlocking logo, we're gonna win by 4 TDs at least. Like it's over

Extendedcab
11-15-2021, 01:21 PM
Do yall think it's time to stick with a consistent brand hopefully being recognized as STATE eventually? Seems we've flip flopped-changed a lot compared to others over the decades. Or am I wrong on that? Sorry for the Freudian slip on STATE. LOL

Yes, it is time to pick a logo and stick with it - otherwise how can you create a brand (consistent one that is)?

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2021, 02:14 PM
Yes, it is time to pick a logo and stick with it - otherwise how can you create a brand (consistent one that is)?

Mississippi State has... since at least 2009.

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/

smootness
11-15-2021, 02:17 PM
ETA I’m Wrong. Early Jackie years.

Yeah, MSJ refers to the late 80s/early 90s logo because the S covered up the left upright on the U, making it look like a J. It's why they changed the logo to not be as bulky and connected the M and the U so you could see that left upright to make it clear it's a U. Personally, I think that criticism of the MSJ was always a little over the top; everyone knows it's a U. I'd be fine with either of those logos, or ideally a more updated version.

smootness
11-15-2021, 02:18 PM

Yeah, they just picked the wrong one. Or it's totally fine as a university brand, but it's just not great for a football team.

Extendedcab
11-15-2021, 03:13 PM

Which one? There are many logos even within a single area (or sport).

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/mstate.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/bulldogmark.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/spiritmarks.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/baseball.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/mascotbullyoptions.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/starkvegas.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/retail.png

https://brand.msstate.edu/identity/images/arcM_Black.jpg

TheLostDawg
11-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Pirates vs Sharks, huh? Well, that?s definitely a different take that no one would have seen coming 10 years ago.

I like it

R2Dawg
11-15-2021, 07:33 PM

That just gives anyone who remembers some of those egg bowls a good vibe and sends a subliminal message for that game. Thanksgiving night at Scott Field, Egg. Dang, what more do you need.

Maybe I'm the odd one but the year we wore the gold was pretty cool. Don't want it all the time but it was good.

Santiago
11-15-2021, 07:42 PM
With the way our Air Raid is moving the ball every week, we should use the Flying M more, at least to reference our passing attack and WR's. Just too much of a perfect match.
Play the egg bowl with Flying M(or modify it), and run up the score passing.

travis
11-15-2021, 07:55 PM
I?m all for ditching the Banner M for a new football only logo, but the Nike era MSU ain?t it. I always thought it looked dated and cheap. The Banner M is a fine all-sports logo but doesn?t really pop on a helmet.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2021, 08:00 PM
I?m all for ditching the Banner M for a new football only logo, but the Nike era MSU ain?t it. I always thought it looked dated and cheap. The Banner M is a fine all-sports logo but doesn?t really pop on a helmet.

I'm a fan of both, but I have really grown to like the M-State more and more. The original banner M-State was bad though. The only ones I really despise are the 80's MSJ and the walking bulldog. We had that one and UGA had this mean ass Bulldog, it was really embarrassing.

gravedigger
11-15-2021, 08:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works. A massive amount of money went into the logos we have now.

And there are just as many who like the current logos as long for the old ones.

I remember state playing not long ago in the 1986 Uni's and most here loved it. Made me want to vomit as it brought back some horrible memories.

Santiago
11-15-2021, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works. A massive amount of money went into the logos we have now.

I remember state playing not long ago in the 1986 Uni's and most here loved it. Made me want to vomit as it brought back some horrible memories.

I would wager if fans were told we are actually replacing the Banner Mstate on the helmets, you would not have just as many wanting to keep it as those to replace it.
Massive amount of money on the university logo, yes. But that does not mean the Football helmet cannot have their own logo. Otherwise then, your comment would mean baseball as to ditch M over S because the university put so much money into Banner Mstate.

RocketDawg
11-15-2021, 08:49 PM

Would anybody even notice?

3rdGen
11-15-2021, 08:49 PM
Anybody heard anything?

Maroon and Gold maybe?

BRING BACK SOME GOLD MAN!!!!! PIRATE BOOTY!!!!

INTERLOCKING GOLD MSU BOOTY!!!!!!

Turfdawg67
11-15-2021, 08:50 PM
Would anybody even notice?

Sure they'd notice. Wouldn't care much, but definitely notice.

Santiago
11-15-2021, 10:04 PM
BRING BACK SOME GOLD MAN!!!!! PIRATE BOOTY!!!!

INTERLOCKING GOLD MSU BOOTY!!!!!!

As more fans are buying into Leach, the craze and fun will only increase, and we are about to have a few years of fun. Heck yeah !

3rdGen
11-15-2021, 10:08 PM
As more fans are buying into Leach, the craze and fun will only increase, and we are about to have a few years of fun. Heck yeah !

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!

https://www.mikechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/You-Cant-Handle-the-TRUTH.jpg?84cd58

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 03:19 AM
STATE is where its at and where we're headed. Leach's gear sez so.

Our baseball hats are iconic and will never go away however based on common sense and history. STATE will continue to be seen more on baseball jerseys.

Offshore Dawg
11-16-2021, 07:57 AM
STATE is where its at and where we're headed. Leach's gear sez so.

Our baseball hats are iconic and will never go away however based on common sense and history. STATE will continue to be seen more on baseball jerseys.

This is a good summation, State I don't think will ever invest the large amount of money that the big boys do in football. Once every few years catch lightening in a bottle but not year in and year out. But we are a damn fine baseball program.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 11:03 AM
Mississippi has too many syllables for a sports team so STATE is the way to go.

Mods: beat NC State still up there. Rogers for Heisman would be good for a while for now.

Catfish
11-16-2021, 11:40 AM
Mods: beat NC State still up there. Rogers for Heisman would be good for a while for now.[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!

Jarius
11-16-2021, 12:04 PM

There are not nearly as many who like the banner. Almost everyone hates it actually. I’ve seen 3 different polls in the past month that all had thousands of votes and the banner M had less than 10 % of the vote on every single poll. It’s an awful logo that should never have been obtained to begin with and I’m extremely happy we are about to get away from it, oer Steve Robertson.

Todd4State
11-16-2021, 01:04 PM
This is accurate.

travis
11-16-2021, 02:30 PM
STATE is about the most generic thing you could ever put on a helmet. We?d look like the those silly Fansville commercials.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 03:06 PM
STATE is about the most generic thing you could ever put on a helmet. We?d look like the those silly Fansville commercials.

So you didn't like Leach's gear Saturday ?

travis
11-16-2021, 03:18 PM
I like it. But there?s a difference between a handful of coaches on a Mississippi State sideline, and the whole team. If the average sports fan can?t glance at your uniform and know immediately who you are, you?re doing it wrong. What information does STATE convey?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-16-2021, 03:24 PM

Depends on if it's the "real" MSU or the "graphic blunder" MSJ. IF it's the latter I will lose my mind but not for the reason you are talking about.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 04:01 PM
I like it. But there?s a difference between a handful of coaches on a Mississippi State sideline, and the whole team. If the average sports fan can?t glance at your uniform and know immediately who you are, you?re doing it wrong. What information does STATE convey?

I'm 58 and my non STATE friends have always referred to us as STATE. my Memphis state and TN friends and LSU friends while living in Memphis and New Orleans.

Extendedcab
11-16-2021, 04:07 PM
^^^^^^^ This! Except I am 63!

smootness
11-16-2021, 04:14 PM

And eventually people will come to know it that way. Is there anything identifying on Alabama's jersey? Penn State's? Nebraska? USC? Miami? And on and on.

Dak Holliday
11-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Example for folks that don?t understand that State is a generic term. Maybe this will help Josie and a few others.

What?s your father?s name?
Dad
No, not what you call him, what is his name?
Dad
What do other people call him?
Me and my brothers all call him Dad.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You can?t just lay claim to a generic term already in play for others.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 06:19 PM

SEC fans won't have s problem; others would catch on.

lastmajordog
11-16-2021, 07:58 PM
Bring back John Bond era uni’s.....and attitude.

travis
11-16-2021, 08:22 PM
I'm 58 and my non STATE friends have always referred to us as STATE. my Memphis state and TN friends and LSU friends while living in Memphis and New Orleans.

Now go ask people outside of the Deep South who ?State? refers to.

travis
11-16-2021, 08:25 PM
You could say the same thing about any uniform that hasn?t really changed in multiple decades.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 08:25 PM

Jump back 2 posts

Santiago
11-16-2021, 08:28 PM
Whatever Coach Leach wears will give us more national publicity than anything. We have that type of coach. But I get that a whole team will help as well.

Dak Holliday
11-16-2021, 08:33 PM

😂 get ready for some fun. OLJW struggles a bit with logical thought processes. I believe he means well, but a rhodes scholar, he is not.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 08:48 PM
Hail STATE has been our fight song since1939. Why would we be so reluctant going with and promoting our own self named brand?

travis
11-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Hail STATE has been our fight song since1939. Why would we be so reluctant going with and promoting our own self named brand?

We do. ?Hail State? is everywhere. That?s the brand, not generic State U. Using ?State? as a football brand ain?t gonna happen, other than perhaps a one-off uni like the Statesman. Guys, there?s a reason we?ve never used just State on any of our football jerseys and helmets.

OLJWales
11-17-2021, 09:00 AM
We do. ?Hail State? is everywhere. That?s the brand, not generic State U. Using ?State? as a football brand ain?t gonna happen, other than perhaps a one-off uni like the Statesman. Guys, there?s a reason we?ve never used just State on any of our football jerseys and helmets.

I've seen baseball jerseys with STATE only. Leach sporting STATE only gear. It would be a unique brand that I think would catch on quite nicely. I understand the concerns of those who don't like the idea.