PDA

View Full Version : Dortch Decommits from Mississippi

confucius say
11-14-2021, 06:52 PM
First Hurst, now Dortch. Sunday fun-day.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2021, 07:05 PM
Awesome

WhiskeyPirate
11-14-2021, 07:07 PM
Dortch is going to be a great receiver for the air raid

parabrave
11-14-2021, 07:08 PM
Well word must be out Kiffen gone.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Well word must be out Kiffen gone.

I'm wondering that myself. If there's some stuff being floated around that the lane train is about to depart the station.

Coach34
11-14-2021, 07:20 PM
Mississippi wants him as a DB. We want him as a WR.

He wants to be a WR.

This has been coming for awhile

Ifyouonlyknew
11-14-2021, 07:21 PM
Dortch is MSU related. Hurst is not.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2021, 07:25 PM
Dortch has potential to be a dang good receiver for us

DAWG1903
11-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Come on down Mr. Dortch where you have the chance to lead the SEC in Receiving.

PikeDawg15
11-14-2021, 09:05 PM
I think Kiffin is long gone. Way too many jobs open right now. Miami and Florida about to open up also

Coach34
11-14-2021, 09:36 PM
I think Kiffin is long gone. Way too many jobs open right now. Miami and Florida about to open up also

If Miami makes a move- Kiffin is All IN

Commercecomet24
11-14-2021, 09:39 PM

This. Dude would love nothing better than to get back to south florida. I know for a fact that he wants back in Florida bad. It's Why he hasn't sold his big honking house. He's a perfect fit for the U.

OLJWales
11-14-2021, 09:41 PM
This thread gives me a wool-wood combo. Sorry, my camera ain't working.

Coach34
11-14-2021, 09:51 PM

lmao- I just figured out who you are. Hahahahahahahaha

Tater
11-14-2021, 10:09 PM
This. Dude would love nothing better than to get back to south florida. I know for a fact that he wants back in Florida bad. It's Why he hasn't sold his big honking house. He's a perfect fit for the U.

I just fear Miami can't summon the money to dump Diaz and pry Kiffin away. They don't have blue blood money like many assume.

Bothrops
11-14-2021, 10:20 PM

As of today do you think Florida opens? Lose to FSU and done deal, imo.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2021, 10:24 PM
Exactly.

Todd4State
11-14-2021, 11:17 PM
Xavian Harris will be the next de-commit to follow.

Todd4State
11-14-2021, 11:20 PM

I think he is done unless Scott can save him. Getting rid of Hevesy helps Dan IMO. He'll have to get rid of more guys but if Dan can find some recruiters he may be able to save himself. I believe Florida has some money issues with boosters as well. Which makes their decision to get rid of Grantham and Hevesy make some sense. It shows that Dan is willing to "change". Otherwise I don't see much point in firing people with three games left.

travis
11-14-2021, 11:40 PM
You know who else has a house in South Florida? Just saying?.

Catfish
11-14-2021, 11:46 PM
I could see Washington going after Leach and if Florida and Miami open up they might pursue him as well.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2021, 11:47 PM
I think he is done unless Scott can save him. Getting rid of Hevesy helps Dan IMO. He'll have to get rid of more guys but if Dan can find some recruiters he may be able to save himself. I believe Florida has some money issues with boosters as well. Which makes their decision to get rid of Grantham and Hevesy make some sense. It shows that Dan is willing to "change". Otherwise I don't see much point in firing people with three games left.

Scott doesn't have that type of authority or clout concerning the UF football program. If Foley and Spurrier want Mullen gone, then he will be gone. If they want Scott gone then he will be gone. They make the major decisions not the current UF AD.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2021, 11:59 PM
I could see Washington going after Leach and if Florida and Miami open up they might pursue him as well.

I think CML wants to stay in the SEC, and I don't see FL offering him, but if they did, I don't think he would go for Spurrier and Foley telling him what to do.

Ezsoil
11-15-2021, 12:14 AM

Yeah but Gainesville and Miami are not anything like Key West.....Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville are very similar in fan bases, expectations and lifestyles ....I don't see leach wanting to start over again just when he is getting close with us... we are 3 missed FG from a 9-1 record a NY6 bowl and a third National coach of the Year award for Leach.

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 07:02 AM

Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hopping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll

chef dixon
11-15-2021, 08:09 AM
Miami was dumb as hell to hire Manny in the first place. He's been in over his head since the start. Cut your losses now.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2021, 08:33 AM

What he said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 17 the plantation.

Activated Alpha
11-15-2021, 08:34 AM
Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hoping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll

Uh...what?

Catfish
11-15-2021, 08:38 AM
Hey guys,

Not saying this is one of them.....but start watching for the hit pieces (Greg McElroy) and job hoping scenarios - Leach hates Starkville - Wife is not happy - and all he wants to do is be a Parrot Head in Key West! We have won some games that nobody in large majority thought we would win or wanted us to win. Remember this is not College Football but a multi-billion dollar business and when you upset the apple cart.............wellllllll

I wasn't aware that Leach and his wife didn't like Starkville.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2021, 08:41 AM

Leach sure sounded like he loved Starkville after the game Saturday. The OP is just saying that the media will start to churn the rumor mill (true or false) to keep us from advancing any.

Catfish
11-15-2021, 08:45 AM
Leach sure sounded like he loved Starkville after the game Saturday. The OP is just saying that the media will start to churn the rumor mill (true or false) to keep us from advancing any.

I think Leach has done a good job and the future looks very promising.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2021, 08:45 AM

Nah.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2021, 08:46 AM
Hey guys,

33 total posts folks.

He's getting $5 mil & has his starting QB for 3 more years. His ass ain't going anywhere

Also, remember that this is the same wife that stuck it out in Pullman, WA for 7 years.

Take a hike man. May have to call the enforcer in on you

WhiskeyPirate
11-15-2021, 09:44 AM
Leach won’t go any where, this is his last stop, his last challenge. The fan base is on board and behind Leach now, he isn’t going anywhere. He loves out of the way college towns like Lubbock, Pullman, Starkville.

He’s having success.

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 10:59 AM

Florida State will Beat Florida.

Missouri could beat Florida Saturday.

1 more loss and Dan Mullen will be the head coach of the horned frogs

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 11:04 AM
33 total posts folks.

He's getting $5 mil & has his starting QB for 3 more years. His ass ain't going anywhere

Also, remember that this is the same wife that stuck it out in Pullman, WA for 7 years.

17 him

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 11:06 AM

THe blue blood fan bases do not have the patience that A Mississippi State has for Leach. If they endured what we did last year and the start of this year, they woulda fired him after memphis

Negative Waves
11-15-2021, 11:07 AM
33 total posts folks.

I think y'all are misreading his post. Since Leach is starting to win, the press is going to start making crap up about him leaving to try to kill any momentum Leach is getting at State. I'm 99% certain if Leach ever left us, it won't be for a big name school. Leach comes across as a guy that doesn't want to be told what to do by a bunch of big money donors which he would have to deal with at a blue-blood.

confucius say
11-15-2021, 11:12 AM
Scott doesn't have that type of authority or clout concerning the UF football program. If Foley and Spurrier want Mullen gone, then he will be gone. If they want Scott gone then he will be gone. They make the major decisions not the current UF AD.

Didnt foley hire mcelwain and muschamp? And mike white? Why on earth would they let him come near a coaching hire at this point in his career.

TNDawg35
11-15-2021, 11:43 AM
I think y'all are misreading his post. Since Leach is starting to win, the press is going to start making crap up about him leaving to try to kill any momentum Leach is getting at State. I'm 99% certain if Leach ever left us, it won't be for a big name school. Leach comes across as a guy that doesn't want to be told what to do by a bunch of big money donors which he would have to deal with at a blue-blood.

They can’t do that with Leach like they did with Mullen. Mullen wanted his name out there and wouldn’t piss of the media and tell them no. Mike Leach is like the Honey Badger and doesn’t give a shit. He will tell them exactly what he is thinking and doesn’t care of it hurts their feelings one bit.

I understand we can’t have nice things here, but y’all need to stop with this shit. Mike Leach isn’t going anywhere. He will retire or get fired from here. That was part of the deal. We bitch about Ole Miss creating media hype about our coach leaving and now we do it for them.

Just relax… Mike Leach is our damn coach and ain’t no one hiring him away…

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 11:44 AM

This is correct! When you start causing problems and or winning games that you are not normally supposed to win. You have people start propaganda pieces to cause an uproar within the fan base to cause issues within the program.

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 11:47 AM

They don?t have a problem with Starkville at all - but as we cause problems for teams who have always considered us and expect us (MSU) to be a doormat and we are no longer a doormat - out come the hits against our program. You only have to look back the Jackie years to see it.

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 11:49 AM
I think Leach has done a good job and the future looks very promising.

Then don?t post about Washington or Miami or Florida maybe reaching out to Leach - don?t do the dirty work for those who wish to hurt us.

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 11:53 AM
33 total posts folks.

Sorry - Shotgun if it wasn?t clear to you. What I am saying is when we have success. It upsets the programs who want us (MSU) to be a doormat. So, to counter our success, rumors are started to cause unrest in our programs.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2021, 11:56 AM
Yeah but Gainesville and Miami are not anything like Key West.....Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville are very similar in fan bases, expectations and lifestyles ....I don't see leach wanting to start over again just when he is getting close with us... we are 3 missed FG from a 9-1 record a NY6 bowl and a third National coach of the Year award for Leach.

If I made 4 to 5 million a year, I would just fly to where i wanted to go every weekend.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2021, 11:57 AM
This is correct! When you start causing problems and or winning games that you are not normally supposed to win. You have people start propaganda pieces to cause an uproar within the fan base to cause issues within the program.

Air raid will not work in the SEC.*******

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 12:04 PM

Thank you and this is correct! All you have to do is look at history when we become a threat?just see the Jackie years. Some of y?all aren?t old enough to remember the screwing we got in the SEC Championship Game. We were not going to be allowed to win that game. Y?all will watch and learn and get some experience.

DAWG1903
11-15-2021, 12:05 PM
Air raid will not work in the SEC.*******

Thank you sir! It will work and the bigger programs do not want to have to deal with it.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 12:12 PM
If I made 4 to 5 million a year, I would just fly to where i wanted to go every weekend.

Yep.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 12:17 PM
Thank you and this is correct! All you have to do is look at history when we become a threat?just see the Jackie years. Some of y?all aren?t old enough to remember the screwing we got in the SEC Championship Game. We were not going to be allowed to win that game. Y?all will watch and learn and get some experience.

The PF called when we sacked Martin was one of the worst. Critical point in ATL made it X 100 bad. The fix was in not to derail the natty.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2021, 12:26 PM
Heck all you have to do is read Leachs book and listen to his philosophies. He's a freakin pirate. Pirates robbed and spit in the face of elites and blue bloods. Leach loves doing that! He's his own captain and wouldn't deal well with folks at some of these schools telling him how to run his program. I'm sure if he had the desire to coach a blue blood he could've already done it. They're not a fit for him. Now will media try to stir crap up, yes, but Leach unlike others will tell them to piss off.

TrapGame
11-15-2021, 12:37 PM
Heck all you have to do is read Leachs book and listen to his philosophies. He's a freakin pirate. Pirates robbed and spit in the face of elites and blue bloods. Leach loves doing that! He's his own captain and wouldn't deal well with folks at some of these schools telling him how to run his program. I'm sure if he had the desire to coach a blue blood he could've already done it. They're not a fit for him. Now will media try to stir crap up, yes, but Leach unlike others will tell them to piss off.

When we beat OM in the Egg get ready for a plethora of bullshit to suddenly appear. They will disparage Leach in an attempt to draw attention away from their coach who's looking at two Florida jobs with lust filled eyes.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2021, 12:40 PM
When we beat OM in the Egg get ready for a plethora of bullshit to suddenly appear. They will disparage Leach in an attempt to draw attention away from their coach who's looking at two Florida jobs with lust filled eyes.

I agree fortunately for us Leach ain't Danny two gloves

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 12:40 PM

Ben Garrett just promised 2 things on his podcast.

Ole Miss will WIN the egg bowl

and

Lane Kiffin Will not leave Ole Miss anytime soon.

Luckily, I kept the receipts for later viewing

Bothrops
11-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Dan invited all that coaching controversy. To his detriment too, it hurt his own recruiting. That is a staggering level of arrogance.

OLJWales
11-15-2021, 06:18 PM

and

Keep 'em filed. But seriously, at this juncture WTF's he posed to say?

OurState
11-15-2021, 06:23 PM
Florida State will Beat Florida.

Missouri could beat Florida Saturday.

1 more loss and Dan Mullen will be the head coach of the horned frogs

I think Mullen will end up at Washington not TCU.

1bigdawg
11-15-2021, 06:48 PM
Kiffen is not stupid. Miami does not have the facilities or fan support to be successful in this era. They [I]should[I] stick with Diaz.

PikeDawg15
11-15-2021, 08:33 PM
Keep 'em filed. But seriously, at this juncture WTF's he posed to say?

Ive seen their message boards. They thinking they gonna lose

BeardoMSU
11-15-2021, 08:37 PM

and

https://c.tenor.com/M5QmujL5_YQAAAAC/good-evil.gif

Santiago
11-16-2021, 12:30 AM

TN really screwed up a few years ago when they fired their AD before he could hire Leach. But it is our gain now.

Santiago
11-16-2021, 12:32 AM

and

I hope Lane stays there another season or 2, and keeps wrecking their roster. He plans to take at least 10 transfers this year. Going for the quick fixes. Then let him leave and a coach come in that has to rebuild the roster.

yjnkdawg
11-16-2021, 12:41 AM

and

Ben Garrett doesn't have a clue who will win the Egg Bowl just like nobody else does. But unless he is just going to stay quiet then he's going to say Ole Miss will win it.
Garrett is not Kiffin's agent so he doesn't know what Kiffin is going to do either. Those promises are to make subscribers, followers, etc. happy.

Todd4State
11-16-2021, 12:54 AM

He's absolutely fascinating. And I think he is the only one that can truly run the Air Raid like he does too. Everyone else has to add their wrinkles to it. He keeps it simple. The reason he is so calm is because he knows if his team executes no one can stop it. He has found a system that completely levels the playing field and basically neutralizes the other team's defense unless they have Alabama type talent. And no one beats that anyway.

Todd4State
11-16-2021, 12:55 AM
Ben Garrett doesn't have a clue who will win the Egg Bowl just like nobody else does. But unless he is just going to stay quiet then he's going to say Ole Miss will win it.
Garrett is not Kiffin's agent so he doesn't know what Kiffin is going to do either. Those promises are to make subscribers, followers, etc. happy.

Especially if they are starting up a new web site because one of their associates got them kicked off of 24/7 for completely making up an interview and then doubling down that the interview really happened.

OLJWales
11-16-2021, 03:02 AM
Especially if they are starting up a new web site because one of their associates got them kicked off of 24/7 for completely making up an interview and then doubling down that the interview really happened.

LMAO. All over again. Free Fancy!

bulldawg28
11-16-2021, 08:29 AM
I hope Lane stays there another season or 2, and keeps wrecking their roster. He plans to take at least 10 transfers this year. Going for the quick fixes. Then let him leave and a coach come in that has to rebuild the roster.

He's not wrecking their roster. Heck, he fixed deficiencies in one season using the portal.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2021, 09:59 AM
He's not wrecking their roster. Heck, he fixed deficiencies in one season using the portal.

When a coach runs off four year players to stack his roster with jucos and grad transfers, it means he’s looking to have a big 1-2 years then get the hell out of dodge before the program implodes. He’s moving on to a bigger program.

bulldawg28
11-16-2021, 02:16 PM
When a coach runs off four year players to stack his roster with jucos and grad transfers, it means he’s looking to have a big 1-2 years then get the hell out of dodge before the program implodes. He’s moving on to a bigger program.

So what would you call last year with our mass exodus of players? Leach was pushing for the changes

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2021, 02:23 PM
I see Leach and staff adding four year players and building for the future. I don’t think Kiffin plans on sticking around, and his focus in recruiting kind of reflects that, as does his track record.

PikeDawg15
11-16-2021, 02:31 PM
I see Leach and staff adding four year players and building for the future. I don’t think Kiffin plans on sticking around, and his focus in recruiting kind of reflects that, as does his track record.

I think the egg bowl is his last game to coach at ole miss tbh. Possibly if they win the egg bowl and get a NY6 he may coach

but the main reason he came to ole miss was that he saw Matt Corral on the roster and said " thats my shot " and came there and knew if he could tweak some things he could win there just enough to get a blue blood calling him again

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2021, 02:42 PM
I think the egg bowl is his last game to coach at ole miss tbh. Possibly if they win the egg bowl and get a NY6 he may coach

but the main reason he came to ole miss was that he saw Matt Corral on the roster and said " thats my shot " and came there and knew if he could tweak some things he could win there just enough to get a blue blood calling him again

Exactly. When he was being considered for various sec hires I researched his record. Kiffin failed pretty miserably at usc and I wasn’t impressed with his fau program. He’s a mercenary and I agree ole miss was a place for a quick rehab of his image and he’s going to be gone.