PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Women's Basketball vs Alcorn State

jdelta02
11-14-2021, 06:14 PM
St John's transfer, Raven Farley and Middle Tennessee State Aislyn Hayes starting tonight

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 06:56 PM
We look bad in the 1st half. Where is Rickea? Kohl? Moore? Jones?

jdelta02
11-14-2021, 07:00 PM
Halftime

Miss. State 31
Alcorn State 30

Few notes....
Alcorn State recently lost to Marquette by over 60 points
Rickea Jackson hasn't hasn't played in the game
Miss. State...1-14 from 3 point

jdelta02
11-14-2021, 07:07 PM
We look bad in the 1st half. Where is Rickea? Kohl? Moore? Jones?

Being reported only 8 players available tonight
Also, Rickea not in uniform, and has been dribblng around

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 07:11 PM
We have only played 7 girls... but we lead by 9 right now.. I wonder what happened? Why aren't the other girls playing?

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 07:18 PM
It's 53 to 32 we are pulling away but it's concerning that only 7 girls are playing. I'm following the game online so I haven't heard the reason yet

Cooterpoot
11-14-2021, 07:29 PM
Covid

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 07:42 PM
Covid

Oh ok.. Thanks

captaindog
11-14-2021, 08:11 PM
It's 53 to 32 we are pulling away but it's concerning that only 7 girls are playing. I'm following the game online so I haven't heard the reason yet

C Kohl played in the second half. R Jackson and A Jones were not available tonight but on the sidelines. Youngest Hayes and M Moore are still hurt. K Godfrey entered the portal, allegedly pulled out but was not there tonight.

jdelta02
11-14-2021, 08:17 PM
Final
Miss. State 86
Alcorn State 63
Jerkaila Jordan 26 pts, 8 rbs
Anastasia Hayes 20 pts
Myah Taylor 15 pts, 9 assists, 7 steals
Raven Farley 12 pts, 8 rbs
Caterrion Thompson 5 pts, 12 rbs

Coaching staff indicated that it was a rest night for Rickea Jackson. She'll be back the next game. Didn't speak on other unavailable players.

Jerkaila Jordan- real deal

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 08:18 PM
C Kohl played in the second half. R Jackson and A Jones were not available tonight but on the sidelines. Youngest Hayes and M Moore are still hurt. K Godfrey entered the portal, allegedly pulled out but was not there tonight.

Thanks for the update, the ESPN boxscore doesn't show Kohl playing. I didn't know about Godfrey transferring but did know the youngest Hayes and Moore being hurt, Jasmine Shavers also transferred. Our next game is Bethune Cookman so hopefully we can win with these 8 before playing Dayton. We need Rickea and Jones and it would be really nice to get Jessika Carter back.

Ezsoil
11-14-2021, 08:20 PM
At the end of the game on Friday, Jackson was slumped over on the floor by the scorers table the training staff was tending to her then for at least 5 minutes

captaindog
11-14-2021, 08:33 PM

MSU outscored ASU 35-7 in the third quarter to blow open the game. Coach Novak made some minor adjustments on the defense by mixing in a press. There were at least three straight possessions where we stole the inbound pass and turned it into points. They were switching off in the perimeter and got a couple of steals by jumping in the passing lanes. We also ran more set plays on offense. He inverted things several times to post up J Jordan. I?ve been very impressed with the in game changes.

NCMSTFAN
11-14-2021, 10:00 PM
MSU outscored ASU 35-7 in the third quarter to blow open the game. Coach Novak made some minor adjustments on the defense by mixing in a press. There were at least three straight possessions where we stole the inbound pass and turned it into points. They were switching off in the perimeter and got a couple of steals by jumping in the passing lanes. We also ran more set plays on offense. He inverted things several times to post up J Jordan. I?ve been very impressed with the in game changes.

I appreciate the detailed description.. I couldn't watch the game but Im glad we got the win, hopefully we can get some of the other girls back by next game