PDA

View Full Version : Not a Cohen as AD fan, BUT.........

CaptainObvious
11-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Calendar year 2021:

NIT Runnerup in Men?s Basketball.
NCAA College World Series Champ in Baseball
Winning Season and possible mid-tier Bowl in Football
Best Season Ever in Volleyball and likely a lock for NCAA tourney.
One of the ?better? seasons and an improved Soccer Program

Good Starts to 20/21 Men?s and Women?s Basketball as a bonus to date.

Got to give Cohen his due. Success on the playing field or court is Priority #1.
Facilities is a nice bonus.
The FAN Experience could be better but Winning cures are lot of Fan ills.

Cohen scores a B+ for 2021 with a chance to get to A-

Tater
11-14-2021, 11:05 AM
Cohen's had to learn on the job and the first 2-3 years if we look at him being an Associate AD then his body of work makes more sense. He's knocking his second hires out of the park.

Next up is to modernize our social media presence, modernize our NIL network, and improve team promotion.

It's my opinion for the social media part, he should be going down to the communications department and hiring 5-10 students as interns and setting up a revolving internship program to help run these accounts better and promote more fan engagement. Then he needs to either find a day-to-day AD assistant to coach him up on the day to day of the job, or figure it out himself.

BrunswickDawg
11-14-2021, 11:08 AM
Your forgot Women's Golf being an SEC tournament finalist; Mens Golf making NCAas, Track and Field making the NCAA finals, Mens Tennis made the Sweet 16, Softball made a Regional, Womens Tennis made the postseason.

WinningIsRelentless
11-14-2021, 11:10 AM
Cohen's had to learn on the job and the first 2-3 years if we look at him being an Associate AD then his body of work makes more sense. He's knocking his second hires out of the park.

Next up is to modernize our social media presence, modernize our NIL network, and improve team promotion.

It's my opinion for the social media part, he should be going down to the communications department and hiring 5-10 students as interns and setting up a revolving internship program to help run these accounts better and promote more fan engagement. Then he needs to either find a day-to-day AD assistant to coach him up on the day to day of the job, or figure it out himself.

Cohen will solve that when he hires male cheerleader as his associate ad after he is canned at UF *****

CaptainObvious
11-14-2021, 11:15 AM
Your forgot Women's Golf being an SEC tournament finalist; Mens Golf making NCAas, Track and Field making the NCAA finals, Mens Tennis made the Sweet 16, Softball made a Regional, Womens Tennis made the postseason.

Yep. That is a pretty good year even for a Novice. Championships are great, but for a hungry fan base like ours, that is a lot of successful entertainment right there.

TheLostDawg
11-14-2021, 11:16 AM
He might have two basketball HC hires after this season. Hopefully he has figured out a system that works for him.

Tater
11-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Cohen will solve that when he hires male cheerleader as his associate ad after he is canned at UF *****

You joke but that's a very real possibility and who I had in mind. Strickland had solid gameday promotion then.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2021, 11:43 AM
I do think Leach likes having a former Head Coach as an AD, because he knows they understand that side of the job, and I suspect Leach prefers having someone else deal with the big donors. Jackie hung out with the big donors because he was more of a CEO type, the Assistant AD for Football only, if you will allow. I don?t think that is Leach?s style. He?d rather drink a beer with the Anthropology Professor and discuss ancient artifacts than drink martini?s with the High Rollers in their chalets.

AlSwearengen
11-14-2021, 12:08 PM
He catches ALOT of shit for Moorhead, but no one saw that coming. We were the toast of the town across the sports talk and news world for landing him. Everyone that had ever worked with him or played for him was 100% sure that he was a cant miss.

Offshore Dawg
11-14-2021, 12:09 PM
I do think Leach likes having a former Head Coach as an AD, because he knows they understand that side of the job, and I suspect Leach prefers having someone else deal with the big donors. Jackie hung out with the big donors because he was more of a CEO type, the Assistant AD for Football only, if you will allow. I don?t think that is Leach?s style. He?d rather drink a beer with the Anthropology Professor and discuss ancient artifacts than drink martini?s with the High Rollers in their chalets.

Pirates are a laid back type of personality.