PDA

View Full Version : Daily Dak update

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Mullen just concluded his press conference, and I thought he did pretty well. However, he was a little shaky in explaining why Perkins was in near the goal line, by the way props to which ever reporter asked about it, Mullen explained that we missed block (of course) and that Perkins has been successful on many short yardage situations this year (I must have missed those). It may have been Paul Jones that asked. Other than that, Dan was Dan gave some decent insight on the team. By the way he was talking and by the tweet Jameon Lewis sent out this morning, "2 MUST WIN GAMES!!!", I think the mindset of the team is in the right spot and they understand what is at stake. Never been to 4 bowl in a row in school history.

Now to Dak.

1. Mullen said again that Dak is day-to-day and, IMO looked like he was telling the truth. Obviously not an expert, but he really looked like he was telling the truth and that their is a real chance Dak could play this week. Also, by the way he was talking about it, my guess is it is a nerve issue that could go away and not rotator cuff problems.

2. Rosebowl said today that he talked to some people last night, and said that any discussion about Dak having a season ending injury is unfounded and not true.

IMO, the evidence is piling up that Dak is truly day-to-day and will play if whatever ailment he has goes away.

Just my opinions, fire away if you disagree.

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
thanks for the info. I personally think Merlin should continue to say your first Dak point. Make our opponents gameplan for him regardless.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
thanks for the info. I personally think Merlin should continue to say your first Dak point. Make our opponents gameplan for him regardless.

I agree, but I really think he's telling the truth and that he is actually day-to-day. The entire body of evidence is leaning that way. IMO

Big4Dawg
11-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Mullen also said Damian got a few first team reps last night at practice but said that was the norm for him. Said it all depends, again, and how effective Dak or Tyler can be with their injuries.

Dan said A FEW. If Dak was out with a season injury, he would be getting all of the reps.

Barking 13
11-18-2013, 03:05 PM
I really hope that the games are such that all three QB's get to play.... amen?

eta: meaning huge leads...

bully99
11-18-2013, 03:06 PM
All the beat writers said Mullen was in a great mood, laughing and telling jokes. Mullen personality has changed dramatically over the last year. Strange!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
All the beat writers said Mullen was in a great mood, laughing. Mullen personality has changed dramatically over the last year. Strange!!!

I think Dan is making a major effort to be more likable.

bully99
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
I agree. I think he took a page out of John Cohen's personality playbook. You can't always be an ass. (

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I agree. I think he took a page out of John Cohen's personality playbook. You can't always be an ass. (

Agree, and I'll also say that I think it's working. He's just not winning enough games right now for people to realize it. If Dan starts winning games again, I think people will see that whether it's an act or not, he is more likable.

Thick
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
That's good news, if true, about Dak.

maroonmania
11-18-2013, 03:54 PM
I think Dan is making a major effort to be more likable.

Plus he's significantly richer now. :)

tcdog70
11-18-2013, 04:05 PM
I wish someone would ask Him what he has against a QB sneak??

Percho
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Agree, and I'll also say that I think it's working. He's just not winning enough games right now for people to realize it. If Dan starts winning games again, I think people will see that whether it's an act or not, he is more likable.

I hope by this time next year everybody on this board is kissing his ass. Me included!

deltadawg99
11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
The Dak situation could boil down to his tolerance for pain since it is his non throwing shoulder. I could be 100% wrong, but IMO that's what it sounds like to me. Plus, there is no reason for the opposing team to know who to prepare for when Dak and TR's playing styles are so much different.

maroonmania
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM

Primary issue he would have against that is it would require putting a QB under center.

stxdawg
11-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Dan is playing the Dak situation perfectly. At the end of the day he will do what is best for him and not risk a worse injury. But at minimum, I look for Dak to suit up against the bears and run it ride down their throats. :)

codeDawg
11-18-2013, 05:20 PM

+1

Todd4State
11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
1. The real issue with Dak, IMO is how the shoulder affects him running the ball. You know that defenders are going to be tartgeting that shoulder. If Dak loses his running ability, he has to rely on his passing more. And that's dicey.

2. You listen to Rosebowl? I haven't seen very many people say that Dak was going to have season ending surgery before the season was over. I have seen some rumors that he may have surgery once the season is over. At this point, I think they are still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong and also how severe it is before they do anything one way or the other.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 06:02 PM
1. The real issue with Dak, IMO is how the shoulder affects him running the ball. You know that defenders are going to be tartgeting that shoulder. If Dak loses his running ability, he has to rely on his passing more. And that's dicey.

2. You listen to Rosebowl? I haven't seen very many people say that Dak was going to have season ending surgery before the season was over. I have seen some rumors that he may have surgery once the season is over. At this point, I think they are still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong and also how severe it is before they do anything one way or the other.

Who said anything about season ending surgery? All Rosebowl said was that he heard that Dak doesn't have a season ending INJURY.

Do I listen to Rosebowl? Not entirely, but he is a piece of the puzzle. He obviously heard about Dak from someone. Just an additional piece of evidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Todd4State
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Who said anything about season ending surgery? All Rosebowl said was that he heard that Dak doesn't have a season ending INJURY.

Do I listen to Rosebowl? Not entirely, but he is a piece of the puzzle. He obviously heard about Dak from someone. Just an additional piece of evidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

OK- so, I read the part about the surgery vs. injury wrong.

I think the truth is the coaches are hoping he comes back, but no one really knows at this point. Putting out that he is definitely out when the MD's aren't quite sure what the injury is and the extent of it would be surprising coming from any source within the coaching staff. Especially given as much as Dan likes to keep injuries hush hush and how he likes to try to mess with the opposition.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Do we have any students on this board that have a class or cross paths with Dak on a regular basis?

Can one of you please stop him and ask him if he is going to play agian this season?

State82
11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
The Dak situation could boil down to his tolerance for pain since it is his non throwing shoulder. I could be 100% wrong, but IMO that's what it sounds like to me. Plus, there is no reason for the opposing team to know who to prepare for when Dak and TR's playing styles are so much different.

Why do people keep calling it his non-throwing shoulder. I have seen this a number of times this past week. The paper clearly stated on two different occasions yesterday that it was his throwing elbow. So which is it??

HoopsDawg
11-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Why do people keep calling it his non-throwing shoulder. I have seen this a number of times this past week. The paper clearly stated on two different occasions yesterday that it was his throwing elbow. So which is it??

I don't know how many times I have to say it. He suffered an injury to his non-throwing shoulder. You can call it a stinger. There is some nerve damage that has to heal before he will be cleared to play. This could occur tomorrow, but most likely his season is finished.

State82
11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't know how many times I have to say it. He suffered an injury to his non-throwing shoulder. You can call it a stinger. There is some nerve damage that has to heal before he will be cleared to play. This could occur tomorrow, but most likely his season is finished.

I'm just going on what has been reported on the newspaper several times. They keep saying his throwing limb.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD FIING GOLD
BEEN 5 YEARS AND WE HAVENT RAN IT ONCE

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Mullen during Dawgs Talk:

David H Murray ‏@DawgsBiteMag 20s
Mullen: “Dak’s injury is not anything structural, it’s just getting the strength back in his arm. He’s got a lot of it back.”

This is sounding better and better.

mek34
11-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I think Dak will be ready to go come Sat