PDA

View Full Version : Braves offseason

msstate7
11-13-2021, 11:18 PM
If reports of what FF is looking for are true, I think it's time to realize FF may have played his last game as a brave. Personally, I want no part of a 6 year deal approaching 200 million.

If that's what FF wants, go get Rizzo and use the savings on upgrading other spots

Commercecomet24
11-13-2021, 11:19 PM
I hope that's not true but yeah I think that's a little much.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2021, 11:31 PM
That is 100 million too much.

msstate7
11-13-2021, 11:33 PM
That is 100 million too much.

He supposedly turned down 5-years 135 million

Commercecomet24
11-14-2021, 12:24 AM
I love Freddie but if he wants 30+ million a year for that long don't see him staying in Atlanta.

smootness
11-14-2021, 01:17 AM
Freddie's not going anywhere. It would be a massive wet blanket for the fan base after the WS title, and the front office knows it. They'll pay up.

KOdawg1
11-14-2021, 07:31 AM
Can't justify paying a 38 year old player $30+ million 6 years down the road.

Sign Rizzo and have money left over to get some other pieces is what I would do.

MetEdDawg
11-14-2021, 07:57 AM
Freddie's not going anywhere. It would be a massive wet blanket for the fan base after the WS title, and the front office knows it. They'll pay up.

Bingo. And with the DH most likely coming to the NL, you can maximize his longer term potential by moving him there if you need to.

6 years is t bad either. Not like we are taking him to age 40. That gets him to 38. Probably start to see some diminishing returns after 2-3 years. But for 33 million a year you keep the cornerstone of your franchise for the last decade.

It's one of those things you have to do. Plus we've got Ozzie and Acuna locked up for that length of time. So we've got a core to build with for that time.

If it takes 6 years at 190-200 you do it.

trob115
11-14-2021, 09:18 AM
I disagree about going 6 years, especially if it costs 32 or 33 mil per season.

The Braves payroll would be completely exhausted and would be unable to afford any additional pieces. If Freeman wants to be a Brave, the 5 yr 135 mill would be the largest single contract ever given out by Atlanta. By year 4, Freeman will most definitely start seeing decline. If Atlanta is hamstrung by that albatross of a contract, they essentially will be closing their competitive window by not being able to acquire additional players.

Rizzo would be an excellent option to replace freeman in Free agency if his asking price is reasonable , and would allow the Braves financial flexibility to add major complementary pieces. Braves could also add Matt Olson from the A's via trade since they are rumored to be selling off everyone. He is cheap and probably wouldn't cost very much in prospect capital. And if the Braves are truly trying to acquire Reynolds to play CF, those two pieces are more than enough to replace Freeman. Honestly, I would prefer that over re-signing Freddie.

Braves could also possibly look to extend Fried, Dansby, and Riley this off-season.

msstate7
11-14-2021, 09:35 AM
I disagree about going 6 years, especially if it costs 32 or 33 mil per season.

The Braves payroll would be completely exhausted and would be unable to afford any additional pieces. If Freeman wants to be a Brave, the 5 yr 135 mill would be the largest single contract ever given out by Atlanta. By year 4, Freeman will most definitely start seeing decline. If Atlanta is hamstrung by that albatross of a contract, they essentially will be closing their competitive window by not being able to acquire additional players.

Rizzo would be an excellent option to replace freeman in Free agency if his asking price is reasonable , and would allow the Braves financial flexibility to add major complementary pieces. Braves could also add Matt Olson from the A's via trade since they are rumored to be selling off everyone. He is cheap and probably wouldn't cost very much in prospect capital. And if the Braves are truly trying to acquire Reynolds to play CF, those two pieces are more than enough to replace Freeman. Honestly, I would prefer that over re-signing Freddie.

Braves could also possibly look to extend Fried, Dansby, and Riley this off-season.

I'm with you. As much as it would hurt me, I'd let em walk

BoomBoom
11-14-2021, 01:09 PM
If reports of what FF is looking for are true, I think it's time to realize FF may have played his last game as a brave. Personally, I want no part of a 6 year deal approaching 200 million.

If that's what FF wants, go get Rizzo and use the savings on upgrading other spots

I'm OK with it if $5M or so of that per year is performance bonus based. Maybe $28M per year, 5-6 years, with another $20M in bonuses.

msstate7
11-15-2021, 08:10 PM
Manny pina (catcher) 2 years 8 million

Contreras or langeliers on the move?

trob115
11-15-2021, 08:12 PM
My guess is contreras.

msstate7
11-15-2021, 08:16 PM
My guess is contreras.

I hope. Well, unless it's for a young star

trob115
11-15-2021, 08:24 PM
If they trade Langliers, it better be for Reynolds. He would be about the only positional player I would be willing to give up him for.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 05:26 PM
Ozuna back... 20-game retro active suspension, immediately eligible

Darren o'day signs milb deal

parabrave
11-29-2021, 05:52 PM
Shea is the future. He has been doing great at Pearl.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 07:02 PM
Just signed Kirby Yates. This bullpen is unbelievable

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 07:06 PM
Ozuna back... 20-game retro active suspension, immediately eligible

Darren o'day signs milb deal

Would rather have soler, Rosario and Duvall back lol(wishful thinking I know).

BoomBoom
11-29-2021, 09:34 PM
Just signed Kirby Yates. This bullpen is unbelievable

TJ surgery last March. 2 yr deal for $8M with a cheap 3rd year team option. Great value signing.

KOdawg1
11-29-2021, 09:39 PM
Ozuna coming back immediately probably eliminates signing Soler.

I worry about Ozuna being in shape after being off for an entire year. If the NL gets the DH, then I think that's where he fits in. Hopefully we get 2020 Ozuna and not 2021 Ozuna.

Yates is a great signing with the way it's structured. He's getting $1M next year since he won't be available the entire year, and then the rest the second year. Team option is cheap as well. So we're essentially getting him for 2.5 years for the price of 2. Bullpen will be elite next fall.

Just need to address 1B, LF, and add a 4th SP, and we'll be rolling.

MetEdDawg
11-29-2021, 09:55 PM
TJ surgery last March. 2 yr deal for $8M with a cheap 3rd year team option. Great value signing.

Agreed. There's some risk here coming off TJ, but for a value of $4 million per year and the huge potential upside, that's phenomena value.

Great job by AA to attempt to upgrade the RH relief options.

BoomBoom
11-30-2021, 12:09 AM
CF is the question I think. Acuna won't be ready for April, and I doubt they will want him playing there anyway coming off the injury. Or maybe they would? But anyway, they gonna roll with Duvall there? They did in the playoffs, but seems sub optimal. Pache? Maybe, but I'm quite sure they prefer to leave him in AAA until the hit tool develops. A backup quality guy? Really want to roll with a backup as a starter for an extended time? A lefty to split time there with Duvall? Hmm, maybe.

parabrave
11-30-2021, 02:19 AM
CF is the question I think. Acuna won't be ready for April, and I doubt they will want him playing there anyway coming off the injury. Or maybe they would? But anyway, they gonna roll with Duvall there? They did in the playoffs, but seems sub optimal. Pache? Maybe, but I'm quite sure they prefer to leave him in AAA until the hit tool develops. A backup quality guy? Really want to roll with a backup as a starter for an extended time? A lefty to split time there with Duvall? Hmm, maybe.

They need to use Pache as Trade bait. Waters is better than him/

KOdawg1
11-30-2021, 07:13 AM
They need to use Pache as Trade bait. Waters is better than him/

Need to trade one of them. They're losing value by the day.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2021, 08:22 AM

Acuna already taking BP - I'll be surprised if he isn't ready by May. So you only have a month to fill. If there is a season....

BoomBoom
12-01-2021, 12:52 AM
Need to trade one of them. They're losing value by the day.

Maybe, but a 2023 OF of Waters/Pache/Acuna may be fire. No logjam in the roster to prevent it. Michael Harris may crash that party though.

MaroonFlounder
12-01-2021, 12:08 PM
That outfield until Acuna comes back.....

So, Duvall and Heredia have been nailed down.

What about Rosario and Soler?

msstate7
12-01-2021, 12:10 PM
That outfield until Acuna comes back.....

So, Duvall and Heredia have been nailed down.

What about Rosario and Soler?

Duvall, Rosario, soler no
Heredia yes
Ozuna is back

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Duvall, Rosario, soler no
Heredia yes
Ozuna is back

Duvall is back and it looks like Ozuna is also back. Atlanta radio this morning seemed to think we could get Soler possibly.

msstate7
12-01-2021, 12:31 PM
Duvall is back and it looks like Ozuna is also back. Atlanta radio this morning seemed to think we could get Soler possibly.

I guess I missed the Duvall deal. What's it for?

smootness
12-01-2021, 12:37 PM

They tendered him an offer, no details yet. Speculation is around $9 million.

The Ozuna news is a huge bummer; it means we're basically stuck with him and his awful contract.

msstate7
12-01-2021, 01:01 PM
They tendered him an offer, no details yet. Speculation is around $9 million.

The Ozuna news is a huge bummer; it means we're basically stuck with him and his awful contract.

I don't expect him to hit like in 2020, but I also don't expect him to be 2021 level. If he's 2019, I'm fine with that. Not a lot of difference between ozuna and soler as a hitter.

BoomBoom
12-01-2021, 04:49 PM

He's arbitration eligible. The Braves picked up the arb option that they declined last year.