PDA

View Full Version : Herbstreit and Ealy

somebodyshotmypaw
11-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Kirk Herbstreit said Ealy played both sports at Ole Miss and was dominant in both sports. Ealy has batted .182 in just 22 at bats in his career.

Sometimes I wonder if these announcers watch the game, know the game, know the rules, etc. Or do they just make stuff up as they go? I see it every game. They just throw crap out there that isn?t remotely close to accurate and expect us all to agree.

Commercecomet24
11-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Ealy and plumlee both sucked on the baseball field

Saltydog
11-13-2021, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he'd better stick with football. He can play at the next level with his feet and speed.

chef dixon
11-13-2021, 09:56 PM
Do you know how hard it is to know more detail about everybody on every team in the nation? Kirk doesn't think twice about ole miss except for this week

somebodyshotmypaw
11-13-2021, 09:59 PM
Do you know how hard it is to know more detail about everybody on every team in the nation? Kirk doesn't think twice about ole miss except for this week

Then just say what you know. Don’t make stuff up.

BeardoMSU
11-13-2021, 09:59 PM
Did you know Wes Rea was recruited to play OL in HS?**

IMissJack
11-14-2021, 10:38 AM
An asst. producer is whispering this info into Herbsteit’s ear and he repeats it. That is it.

OLJWales
11-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Then just say what you know. Don’t make stuff up.

Yep. ESPN has Confederate Influence calling shots. No other way to splain the Ole Miss Shit that comes from the ESPN Mouths.

OLJWales
11-14-2021, 10:50 AM
An asst. producer is whispering this info into Herbsteit’s ear and he repeats it. That is it.

This.

NCDawg
11-14-2021, 11:40 AM
Ealy and plumlee both sucked on the baseball field

Yeah, even though lots of people on this site thought it was a "done deal" that he was a first round draft baseball pick, so it was no big deal if we lost out on him.

Ari Gold
11-14-2021, 12:39 PM
He was just reading what was given to him by the OM PR dept..
they are very good at what they do , truthful or not

TALL DAWG
11-16-2021, 09:33 PM

Ely should go pro after this season.
He is NFL ready now.

Cowbell
11-16-2021, 10:09 PM
An asst. producer is whispering this info into Herbsteit?s ear and he repeats it. That is it.

Who is getting his info from Yancy

Cowbell
11-16-2021, 10:10 PM
You guys saying ealy is pro material today.... what makes you think he is gonna be a good pro back?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-16-2021, 10:25 PM
Ole Miss actually tries to market their program and brand. Maybe we should give it a try.

confucius say
11-16-2021, 10:28 PM

Ding ding ding.
This is pretty openly talked about in baseball circles too. Their SID for baseball is in overdrive in January.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2021, 11:19 PM
Ding ding ding.
This is pretty openly talked about in baseball circles too. Their SID for baseball is in overdrive in January.

Not their fault they've got people actually doing their jobs. We just sit here with our okie dokie bullshit a lot of times.

Todd4State
11-17-2021, 02:33 AM
You guys saying ealy is pro material today.... what makes you think he is gonna be a good pro back?

It's more about the nature of the position than anything. Backs that stay for four-five years in college can sometimes get worn down because of the punishment that they take. See JJ Johnson

It's much more economical for many RB's if they just go pro and get drafted in the 5-6th round and use those bullets in the NFL instead of college. Plus, the NFL doesn't value RB's like it did 20 years ago. So most RB's have a ceiling well below the first round unless they are an Adrian Peterson freak talent. So most of them don't have a high ceiling as far as the draft is concerned whether they go pro or not. They have a short shelf life in the NFL as well in general too. Most are out of football by age 30.

Ole Miss actually tries to market their program and brand. Maybe we should give it a try.

It would be nice.

confucius say
11-17-2021, 08:10 AM
Not their fault they've got people actually doing their jobs. We just sit here with our okie dokie bullshit a lot of times.

I have no problem with them being overhyped every year. Only to fall on their face every year.

Football is similar. Nobody would guess they've only finished ahead of us in the sec 2 of the last 11 years, but it's true.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2021, 08:30 AM
Kirk Herbstreit said Ealy played both sports at Ole Miss and was dominant in both sports. Ealy has batted .182 in just 22 at bats in his career.

Sometimes I wonder if these announcers watch the game, know the game, know the rules, etc. Or do they just make stuff up as they go? I see it every game. They just throw crap out there that isn?t remotely close to accurate and expect us all to agree.

Herby is a corporate cartoon at this point.

He's just an NCAA 2013 video game that calls the game. There is no thought process

BeastMan
11-17-2021, 08:46 AM
They visit with coaches and say what they say. Om is really good at feeding the media talking points

Cooterpoot
11-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Herbstreit was good when he first started out. Now he's kind of a douche. He rambles and lathers up in makeup. Hard to listen to that entire Gameday crew really. That show needs completely reworking.

R2Dawg
11-17-2021, 01:07 PM

I don't see it either. I'm not even sure he gets drafted. If he does, he will be a bust IMHO.

R2Dawg
11-17-2021, 01:09 PM
Herbstreit was good when he first started out. Now he's kind of a douche. He rambles and lathers up in makeup. Hard to listen to that entire Gameday crew really. That show needs completely reworking.

Agree, they should have started over when Reece took over.

Hot Rock
11-17-2021, 02:16 PM
I like Herbstreit a lot. He calls things like he sees them. His biggest flaw used to be that I thought he went to far out of his way not to be a homer for the Buckeyes at times.

One has to understand what he is doing though. He is using the talking points given to him by someone. Was it an Ole Miss source, probably. We do the same stuff, our guys just may tell the truth.

Here is the thing, if they make him look like an idiot, he just might remember who fed him the BS that got him called out. I know I would remember that stuff.

TUSK
11-18-2021, 12:25 AM
I like Herbstreit a lot. He calls things like he sees them. His biggest flaw used to be that I thought he went to far out of his way not to be a homer for the Buckeyes at times.

One has to understand what he is doing though. He is using the talking points given to him by someone. Was it an Ole Miss source, probably. We do the same stuff, our guys just may tell the truth.

Here is the thing, if they make him look like an idiot, he just might remember who fed him the BS that got him called out. I know I would remember that stuff.

I read he was run outta Columbus for that...

I think he does an excellent job except when displaying fake croc tears...

R2Dawg
11-18-2021, 02:06 PM

Yeah I agree. I mostly like Herb but I still remember his "but they are playing the #1 team in the country" comment as he pulled out the Auburn cowbell when they visited Starkvegas. He also led the charge if I remember correctly last year trashing us over the Tulsa stuff. Maybe I'm wrong.