PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach Will Make History at MSU

memsu06
11-13-2021, 08:35 PM
I think Mike Leach has found a home at MSU.

He's going to make history here I think.

Check out these stats and broken records in year 2 of Leach. What happens when we have a full team of his recruits?

https://hailstate.com/news/2021/11/13/football-postgame-notes-mississippi-state-at-auburn.aspx

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2021, 08:43 PM
What I want is two blue chip WRs that can truly stretch the field and are almost impossible to cover. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, AJ Brown type of guys. Give me two of them.

Saltydog
11-13-2021, 08:45 PM
I hope so but the records are something he breaks everywhere he's been and he will do the same here. I'm not so much hung up on the stats rather wins/losses.

TNDawg35
11-13-2021, 08:47 PM
One of those stats is wrong. Leach has 6 wins against AP top 25. (LSU, Tulsa 2020/ NC State, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Aurburn 2021)

Homedawg
11-13-2021, 08:51 PM
One of those stats is wrong. Leach has 6 wins against AP top 25. (LSU, Tulsa 2020/ NC State, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Aurburn 2021)

This is the way you should count it. Ranked at the time of the game. But most end up counting where the team is ranked at end of the year....

Commercecomet24
11-13-2021, 08:53 PM
This is the way you should count it. Ranked at the time of the game. But most end up counting where the team is ranked at end of the year....

That's the way I've always counted it. At the time the game was played.

3rdGen
11-13-2021, 08:57 PM
Along with a stud DT and DE. I will take one of each please.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2021, 08:57 PM
We're still just 6-4. Let's not get carried away. Lose to OM and most everyone will lose their crap all over again.

Catfish
11-13-2021, 09:00 PM
We're still just 6-4. Let's not get carried away. Lose to OM and most everyone will lose their crap all over again.

You're right! OM kind of scares me.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2021, 09:00 PM

End of the year is the only one that matters. Why should anybody get credit for beating a team that no one realized was bad? (Or not get credit for beating a team no one realized was good?)

RougeDawg
11-13-2021, 10:13 PM
Thing is with this team. We lost an entire offseason with an entirely new offense. New schemes for all groups. Went through some lumps last year. We don?t play in the Big12 where new offensives have training wheels due to shit defenses.

Leach adjusts and adapts. Add in repetition and experience and he will be fine. Leach came in to a mechanic shop that repaired Diesel engines and asked them to adjust and repair jet turbines for planes. A quick chance could not physically happen. Any change would draw mistakes but After understanding and repetition those same diesel mechanics could repair a plane

Relax and enjoy the process. Step away from you instant browser and grits. Most things in life take time and work.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2021, 10:15 PM
We've got to get better players.

We need some difference makers on defense.

I think he can make history here, but we've got to find a pass rush & better safeties

Bothrops
11-13-2021, 10:27 PM

This is fact

Todd4State
11-14-2021, 02:36 AM
What I want is two blue chip WRs that can truly stretch the field and are almost impossible to cover. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, AJ Brown type of guys. Give me two of them.

There are a few good in state WR's in 2023. We really need to get some of those.

Todd4State
11-14-2021, 02:40 AM
We've got to get better players.

We need some difference makers on defense.

I think he can make history here, but we've got to find a pass rush & better safeties

For the first time in awhile the defense is behind the offense. Our guys on defense don't really fit Arnett's scheme very well IMO besides Emerson and Forbes. We really could use 5-7 EDGE players/safeties. We have several players playing out of position.

We're recruiting guys that fit better- but they need time to develop and probably won't really be ready by 2023 at the earliest. We need JUCO's and transfers to fill the gaps. I hope Leach takes advantage of the 32 man signing limit by getting players that profile better to allow our guys time to grow.

TheLostDawg
11-14-2021, 11:07 AM
For the first time in awhile the defense is behind the offense. Our guys on defense don't really fit Arnett's scheme very well IMO besides Emerson and Forbes. We really could use 5-7 EDGE players/safeties. We have several players playing out of position.

We're recruiting guys that fit better- but they need time to develop and probably won't really be ready by 2023 at the earliest. We need JUCO's and transfers to fill the gaps. I hope Leach takes advantage of the 32 man signing limit by getting players that profile better to allow our guys time to grow.

The thing about our scheme and getting those players is we have to keep Arnette because who else should we replace him with. If he leaves and bring in a coach with a different scheme, we're rebuilding again.

OLJWales
11-14-2021, 11:17 AM
The thing about our scheme and getting those players is we have to keep Arnette because who else should we replace him with. If he leaves and bring in a coach with a different scheme, we're rebuilding again.

We adjusted well on D yesterday. Arnett deserves credit on dat.

PikeDawg15
11-14-2021, 01:29 PM
You're right! OM kind of scares me.

OM is also scared of MSU.

Will Rogers can turn into Aaron Rodgers at a snap of the finger

vindastra
11-14-2021, 03:09 PM
OM is also scared of MSU.

Will Rogers can turn into Aaron Rodgers at a snap of the finger

I hope the team and the coaches don't have such an attitude.