PDA

View Full Version : Mullen Quote from Press Confrence

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Today in his press conference Mullen said ''You can lose six games in the NFL and win the Super Bowl, you lose 6 in the SEC and look out''.........sounds like a shot at his critics to me. Its funny because he was the one that said ''We want to win championships at Mississippi State''....now that he's shit the bed enough he's saying this. I may be making a big deal out of nothing....wondering your guys thoughts about this

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
that was a terrible example mullen. try again please.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Today in his press conference Mullen said ''You can lose six games in the NFL and win the Super Bowl, you lose 6 in the SEC and look out''.........sounds like a shot at his critics to me. Its funny because he was the one that said ''We want to win championships at Mississippi State''....now that he's shit the bed enough he's saying this. I may be making a big deal out of nothing....wondering your guys thoughts about this

I heard the quote live, and thought nothing of it. It wasn't a shot at critics, he was just discussing the realities of coaching in the SEC. In context, the quote made a lot of sense.

HancockCountyDog
11-18-2013, 02:29 PM

Im pretty sure he was day dreaming about running a Read/option with Russell on 3rd and 2 and no thinking about the question;

Just beat Arkansas and beat the bears;

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
that was a terrible example mullen. try again please.

what?

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Im pretty sure he was day dreaming about running a Read/option with Russell on 3rd and 2 and no thinking about the question;

Just beat Arkansas and beat the bears;

If we have Dak we will

Dawgtini
11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I may be making a big deal out of nothing

Yep.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM

Ha, what a terrible example he made. Here Dan, let me finish that comparison for you....

"You can lose 6 games in the NFL and win the Super Bowl, you lose 6 in the SEC and you can lose your job but never win a Championship of any kind

Coach007
11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Mullen is feeling some heat. Anybody who thinks he's not is not really paying attention.

quickstrike2
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I dont mind him saying that. However, I immediately think bigger picture and in the NFL you play 16 games not 12. Losing 6 in the pros and winning 10, is not the same as winning 6 and losing 6 in college. Its not as cute of an example the more I think about it.

C222
11-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Ha, what a terrible example he made. Here Dan, let me finish that comparison for you....

"You can lose 6 games in the NFL and win the Super Bowl, you lose 6 in the SEC and you can lose your job but never win a Championship of any kind

delete

slickdawg
11-18-2013, 03:36 PM
It's the nature of the game. NCAAT - 68 teams have a chance to win the title, because there is a legitimate tournament. SEC or any of CFB, more than 1 loss, you are out of it. In the NFL, a 6 loss team can make the playoffs and yes, win the super bowl.

Madkinmecrazy
11-18-2013, 03:54 PM
I dont mind him saying that. However, I immediately think bigger picture and in the NFL you play 16 games not 12. Losing 6 in the pros and winning 10, is not the same as winning 6 and losing 6 in college. Its not as cute of an example the more I think about it.

Not to mention the fact that 12 out of 32 (38%) teams make the NFL playoffs. If 38% of the teams in college made the playoffs, we have a 48 team playoff every year and the comparison would make sense.

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 03:55 PM
this was the example I was referring too. I hate to hear a college to nfl comparison as its mainly apples to oranges. No ill will towards you... just the comparison set forth by Mer.

''You can lose six games in the NFL and win the Super Bowl, you lose 6 in the SEC and look out''

tcdog70
11-18-2013, 04:02 PM
He also laughed and said our kickers were good in practice. he guessed practice was too easy. In reference to his shitty goal line play calling, he said he was going to pass on 3td down and then go for it on 4th down but we lined up wrong.He never said why he would throw a fade to our 5'8" slot back back instead of our 6'6' wr. he also said our made extra point was worse than our missed FG.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Ssssshhhh!!! Ya'll better shut up!!!!! Fixin to get the lock down.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Mullen is feeling some heat. Anybody who thinks he's not is not really paying attention.

^^This

HoopsDawg
11-18-2013, 06:52 PM

Not just that, in the NFL they are playing teams of relatively equal talent. Mullen gets to play Troy, Alcorn St, and Bowling Green. You have little to no danger of losing those games. Anyone can win in the NFL. It's a terrible comparison. Mullen would make a great politician because he can spin anything and he usually takes it way out of context. Like when he used to defend playing 3 QB's on the same drive saying we rotate our RB's too, why doesn't anyone ask me about that. Or calling the Egg Bowl win the "egg bowl championship.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I think its just another shot that he took at the people wanting him gone.. He's done it a lot people just play it off, Bo Bounds had a good point this morning saying that he has to change his attitude he aint made any friends that's for sure

The Croom Diaries
11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
One thing I'll say about Mullen is he doesn't sidestep expectations. Before the year he said fans now expect 10-11 wins (which was an exaggeration). Today he said this season has been a disappointment even if we go 6-6.

Here is what he said at his call-in show tonight:

@DawgsBiteMag: Mullen just said on call-in show that the 'We Believe' signs should be changed to 'We Expect'.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 08:24 PM
One thing I'll say about Mullen is he doesn't sidestep expectations. Before the year he said fans now expect 10-11 wins (which was an exaggeration). Today he said this season has been a disappointment even if we go 6-6.

Here is what he said at his call-in show tonight:

@DawgsBiteMag: Mullen just said on call-in show that the 'We Believe' signs should be changed to 'We Expect'.

He just seems like he kind of mocks the expectations to me though...maybe its just me. I hope we win out I believe he can get it done if he has Dak

Todd4State
11-18-2013, 08:31 PM
He just seems like he kind of mocks the expectations to me though...maybe its just me. I hope we win out I believe he can get it done if he has Dak

It just seems like you are trolling to me.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 08:33 PM

your opinion is different than mine so your a troll
C'mon Man

Todd4State
11-18-2013, 08:36 PM
your opinion is different than mine so your a troll
C'mon Man

I think you are making an obvious attempt to take something Dan said out of context so that State fans will bash him. That's all I'm saying.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 08:38 PM
I think you are making an obvious attempt to take something Dan said out of context so that State fans will bash him. That's all I'm saying.

I could point out some of the things I always point out about him that I hate, which you and I have agreed on, if I wanted to bash him. Just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Im behind him these next 2 games

hacker
11-18-2013, 08:53 PM

exactly

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=hacker;89894]exactly[/QUOTE

smh