PDA

View Full Version : we should have our way with Arkansas

gloworm
11-18-2013, 01:04 PM
the hogs are in terrible shape right now , and history shows that when they come off a bye week , they are horrendous.

they dont really have a passing game so our front line can just pin their ears back and go for it

we just stood toe to toe with the #1 team in the country and truth be told, if not for a freakish accident by TR , we could have easily won or at least made it closer

msu 45
upig 17

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-18-2013, 01:13 PM
We may be starting our 3rd string QB. Not blowing out anyone. The good thing is that maybe this brings us to more of a 2010 mix of play calling.

slickdawg
11-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Our record in the state of Arkansas sucks. Until we beat them, I won't remotely consider this a gimme.

Vancleave
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Well, at this point can we really be so confident to chalk up a automatic "W" to a SEC Team, on the road? I don't think so. We will need to play well, ARKY has got a good running game and play hard. If we lose this game you can kiss a bowl game goodbye.

Dawg61
11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
This game is a push if Williams starts

was21
11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Anybody who has followed State football for as long as I have knows that ANY game we play is not a guaranteed win, much less an SEC game. This is one that Belima is probably counting on as much as Mullen is. I don't see them rolling over.

maroonmania
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Anybody who has followed State football for as long as I have knows that ANY game we play is not a guaranteed win, much less an SEC game. This is one that Belima is probably counting on as much as Mullen is. I don't see them rolling over.

Especially when played in a place we have NEVER won before with possibly a true freshman QB starting his first game. Right now if someone promised me a 1 point win I would take it happy as can be. If Williams is our QB in this game I think we have less than a 50/50 chance to win.

NCDawg
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
I never count Arkansas as a win since the 2000 game when they came to Scott Field beat up, lost their QB, and fired their D/C before our game. They had just gotten blown out by Tennessee by almost 50 points the week before. We were playing for the SEC West championship. Needless to say, they won.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2013, 03:13 PM
But we would not score 45 points if Dak and Russel were healthy.

From all that is out there, I am assuming Williams starts. Therefore, IF we win, it will be 14-10 or somewhere in that close proximity.

Op4isabitch
11-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Just heard that TR will be able to go Saturday. Wether or not he starts I don't know but he is practicing.

Kind of makes me wonder how badly hurt he was on Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Just heard that TR will be able to go Saturday. Wether or not he starts I don't know but he is practicing.

Kind of makes me wonder how badly hurt he was on Saturday.

Ya serious Clark?

WOW, that tells me that Tyler could've played after going out this weekend.

Futhermore, are we sure that our offense is better with Tyler than it would be Williams getting the majority of the reps in practice this week?

Tyler offers more experience, and maybe that is the difference, but Williams is a far greater runner and we can actually run our offense with him.

gloworm
11-18-2013, 03:54 PM
TR needs to get rid of the ball quicker to give us a better chance if winning

we scored 63 pts against Troy and UPIG isnt much better than Troy

we scored. 43 pts against TAMU
and they are a hell of a lot better than UPIG

Madkinmecrazy
11-18-2013, 04:02 PM
TR needs to get rid of the ball quicker to give us a better chance if winning

we scored 63 pts against Troy and UPIG isnt much better than Troy

we scored. 43 pts against TAMU
and they are a hell of a lot better than UPIG

Agree with your A&M assessment, but remember that they might have the worst defense in the BCS conferences. Completely disagree with your Troy assessment.

Troy and Arky aren't in the same category. The Hogs lack skill players on offense but have a solid defensive/offensive line, average SEC defense and a good running game to control the clock. Our biggest advantage over them is that they can't pass at all, and our secondary has been a weakness.

I think we win easy but it won't be a blowout - our offense just doesn't score points against good defenses.

thunderclap
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I'll believe we win a game in the state of Arkansas when I read about it in the paper the day after.

stxdawg
11-18-2013, 05:18 PM

I can agree with that. However Dan is the more experienced coach, and will be able to pick a part their defense. We have shown a good balance of run / pass these past few weeks, and I expect the Arkansas defense will not be able to slow us down. But this game will come down to who has the better defense. We should be able to shut them down pretty easily.

Madkinmecrazy
11-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I can agree with that. However Dan is the more experienced coach, and will be able to pick a part their defense. We have shown a good balance of run / pass these past few weeks, and I expect the Arkansas defense will not be able to slow us down. But this game will come down to who has the better defense. We should be able to shut them down pretty easily.

I honestly can't remember the last time we lost a game that we were favored in by Vegas. Houston in 2009 maybe?

I have confidence in the dawgs this weekend.

Coach34
11-18-2013, 05:25 PM
I honestly can't remember the last time we lost a game that we were favored in by Vegas. Houston in 2009 maybe?

I have confidence in the dawgs this weekend.

2011- @ Auburn

PMDawg
11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
I never count Arkansas as a win since the 2000 game when they came to Scott Field beat up, lost their QB, and fired their D/C before our game. They had just gotten blown out by Tennessee by almost 50 points the week before. We were playing for the SEC West championship. Needless to say, they won.

I stayed to the bitter end. My worst experience related to MSU football. I was there in a foot of sleet when Dontae was denied at the 1.

Madkinmecrazy
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
2011- @ Auburn

Good call.

slickdawg
11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
RTGDF

RTGDF

RTGDF

Jrob Shump and Griffin

missouridawg
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Dan is not more experienced than Bielema.

Bothrops
11-18-2013, 05:58 PM
But we would not score 45 points if Dak and Russel were healthy.

From all that is out there, I am assuming Williams starts. Therefore, IF we win, it will be 14-10 or somewhere in that close proximity.

If we hold Arkansas to 10 points with their group of tailbacks, then we have the best rushing defense in the country. Alex Collins is no joke, have to stop him.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 06:00 PM

please explain how you came up with this ?

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
I can't take this thread seriously. All I can picture is the title and Jerry Sandusky.

Coach 57
11-18-2013, 06:51 PM
You negative people are the absolute worst! You drag our fan base down from a 6 to a 3. Good freakin' grief!

Let me tell you this. Their "strengths" is our defenses strength! Do you guys watch the games AT ALL? Or do you talk about drapes & shower curtains after kickoff? Let's make a deal here. If and WHEN we beat Arky (even without Tyler or Dak) who is willing to meet in Starkville at the CSPIRE tent for the Egg Bowl at 5pm? I really want to see just who you nancies are. I hope by all that is good & great I see some of you there. I'll tell you what, I'll make at shirt JUST so you'll know who I am. It'll say on the front "Coach 57" on the front and have "where are the neutered dawgs?" (In reference to you) on the back. I'm not going to "paint with a broad brush" like last time. But there are quite a few I PRAY will be there!

Back to the game. The ONLY way Arky moves the ball & achieves victory against people is trick plays. It absolutely cost them the UM game. Bret's staff are horrible play callers! If you think Mullen is bad, go watch them get pushed around but a weaker Rutgers team. Our offense doesn't even HAVE to win the game they are so bad. Our defense can & will inflict pain & misery Vs their run game. Good grief you guys make me wish I would pull for a team in the northern hemisphere of the country. Debbie downer & the band of sackless puppy dogs!

Coach 57
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I can't take this thread seriously. All I can picture is the title and Jerry Sandusky.

And what are you like 11-14yrs old? That was the most tasteless comment I have ever seen on this board! Is that supposed to be "zaney" or "witty"? Grow up & get a pair!

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
You negative people are the absolute worst! You drag our fan base down from a 6 to a 3. Good freakin' grief!

Let me tell you this. Their "strengths" is our defenses strength! Do you guys watch the games AT ALL? Or do you talk about drapes & shower curtains after kickoff? Let's make a deal here. If and WHEN we beat Arky (even without Tyler or Dak) who is willing to meet in Starkville at the CSPIRE tent for the Egg Bowl at 5pm? I really want to see just who you nancies are. I hope by all that is good & great I see some of you there. I'll tell you what, I'll make at shirt JUST so you'll know who I am. It'll say on the front "Coach 57" on the front and have "where are the neutered dawgs?" (In reference to you) on the back. I'm not going to "paint with a broad brush" like last time. But there are quite a few I PRAY will be there!

Back to the game. The ONLY way Arky moves the ball & achieves victory against people is trick plays. It absolutely cost them the UM game. Bret's staff are horrible play callers! If you think Mullen is bad, go watch them get pushed around but a weaker Rutgers team. Our offense doesn't even HAVE to win the game they are so bad. Our defense can & will inflict pain & misery Vs their run game. Good grief you guys make me wish I would pull for a team in the northern hemisphere of the country. Debbie downer & the band of sackless puppy dogs!

I'll meet you at the C-Spire tent. Would love to talk football with you.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Haha! May I suggest, Roy D Mercer on the back of the shirt and "how Big a boy are ya?" On the front.

I agree though. Our defense will kick ass this weekend.

JScottDova
11-18-2013, 08:46 PM
The d should really show out versus arkansaas. That is unless they are depressed about having to play in little rock. That place is a rathole. I've been in high school stadiums better than that one.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Whoooo!!!!!!! That was awesome coach!!!! Whoooooo!!!!

EngineerDawg
11-19-2013, 10:11 AM
And what are you like 11-14yrs old? That was the most tasteless comment I have ever seen on this board! Is that supposed to be "zaney" or "witty"? Grow up & get a pair!

I never knew Jerry had an interest in MSU sports. He does have a lot of time on his hands.

smootness
11-19-2013, 10:37 AM
If we hold Arkansas to 10 points with their group of tailbacks, then we have the best rushing defense in the country.

I guess Alabama, South Carolina, and Florida all have the best rushing defense in the country.

stxdawg
11-19-2013, 10:39 AM
please explain how you came up with this ?

I am basing this on the fact that Dan has played more games against top opponents than Bielema. Yeah, Bielema has had success up in the Big 10, but the pales in comparison to playing in the SEC where Dan has been coaching for close to a decade if not more. Understanding how to coach and compete in this league doesn't happen over night. I'd take Dan on our sideline come Saturday over that goofball Bielema anyday.

Radddawg
11-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I guess Alabama, South Carolina, and Florida all have the best rushing defense in the country.

Well. Yeah.