PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball vs South Dakota State gamethread

NCMSTFAN
11-12-2021, 03:58 PM
I know alot of people stopped following the Women's program but I didn't and we actually have some talent out there.

This game tonight will give us a glimpse of how good or bad we are right now. SDSU went 21-4 last year and they make the tourney pretty regularly, this will definitely be a tough test for our team. They aren't really tall but they have multiple girls in the 6'0 to 6'2 range, no one is taller. We aren't very tall either but Raven Farley is 6'4, Kohl is 6'5, Danae Carter is 6'0 but very long and Rickea is an athletic 6'3 so I'd like to see us try to score in the paint some.

BiscuitEater
11-12-2021, 04:04 PM
Why isn't Jessica Carter, 6'5", playing?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Why isn't Jessica Carter, 6'5", playing?
Cause she has a legal matter to clear up.

OLJWales
11-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Go Lady Bulldogs!! HailSTATE!!!

NCMSTFAN
11-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Rickea can't hit a shot to save her life... 1-8 is killing us

jdelta02
11-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Thus far Rickea Jackson shooting Miss. State out of the game similar to quite a few of the games last season. Appear tying to play the other team by herself...missing. More balance...offensive attempts.

jdelta02
11-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Anastasia Hayes only taken 3 shot attempts (3-3 fg, 2-3 ft)

Quaoarsking
11-12-2021, 08:05 PM
We should win anyway, but South Dakota State is a much better program than their name suggests. This is their current head coach's tenure there:

https://i.imgur.com/ZloAmMe.png

jdelta02
11-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Final
Miss. State 76
South Dakota State 71

Rickea Jackson 23 pts
Jerkaila Jordan 17 pts, 11 rbs
Anastasia Hayes 14 pts
Myah Taylor 7 assists
Denae Carter 6 rbs
Hayes sister #10 (Aislyn Hayes) played very well as well

Big early season win against one of women's college basketball's top midmajors, NCAA Tourney type team, very well coached.

Quaoarsking
11-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Good resume win.

NCMSTFAN
11-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Really good win!! That's a very good team, definitely a team building win for the girls against a tough team that went 21-4 last year

NCMSTFAN
11-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Farley or Danae Carter has to start over Kohl going forward. She has the size but thats about all. She isn't giving us much

NCMSTFAN
11-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Really bad crowd against a good team.. hopefully we can win more fans over for this team

Saltydog
11-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Don't expect the fans to return anytime soon, ain't happening. Gonna have to win and win BIG for that to happen. That's what happens when you basically kill a program.

NCMSTFAN
11-13-2021, 03:45 AM
Don't expect the fans to return anytime soon, ain't happening. Gonna have to win and win BIG for that to happen. That's what happens when you basically kill a program.

So one bad season runs the fanbase off? If that's the case we shouldn't have fans in attendance for football or anything else because we have had plenty of bad seasons with other programs

bulldawg28
11-13-2021, 06:21 AM
So one bad season runs the fanbase off? If that's the case we shouldn't have fans in attendance for football or anything else because we have had plenty of bad seasons with other programs

Exactly! 10000% truth

Cooterpoot
11-13-2021, 07:19 AM
It was a damn Friday night with HS football playoffs. Plus, people are broke as hell with inflation eating up their income. WBB is the bottom of the totem pole. But it won't be the last event to see numbers fall.

captaindog
11-13-2021, 10:51 AM
I?ve been pleasantly surprised with a couple of things: 1-How well the team has responded to him. They play hard and seem to be having fun. 2-How well he makes adjustments during a game. A couple of times you could see some frustration on the players but they always seemed to come back to center.

NCMSTFAN
11-13-2021, 11:29 AM
I?ve been pleasantly surprised with a couple of things: 1-How well the team has responded to him. They play hard and seem to be having fun. 2-How well he makes adjustments during a game. A couple of times you could see some frustration on the players but they always seemed to come back to center.

This team looks good and the scary part is they are still learning to play together. SDSU is a really good team they were ranked most of last year going 21-4 and have the same starting 5 back. We will probably have some bumps in the road but overall I like what I've seen.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2021, 11:38 AM

Notre Dame has had 2 straight non-Tournament seasons. Are they doubly killed off?

jdelta02
11-14-2021, 09:29 AM
Farley or Danae Carter has to start over Kohl going forward. She has the size but thats about all. She isn't giving us much

Denae Carter mostly playing center right now, need Raven Farley to step up more. (Note) D. Carter averaged 12 rebounds per game last season in high school, she's a good shot blocker as well. Both, she and Jerkaila Jordan are good rebounders and shot blockers. Charlotte Kohl has been starting but the coaching staff has mostly been going with freshman standout Denae Carter in the post over Kohl and Farley. Another opportunity for Farley and Kohl tonight against Alcorn State.

Clarion Ledger article....
Novak said he hopes “to have her back soon.” When asked if he had a more specific timetable for Carter’s return, Novak said, “I don’t. That’s the best I can do at this time.”

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-14-2021, 09:39 AM
I am going to say Novak works his butt off and surprises everyone and ends up getting a fat paycheck.