PDA

View Full Version : LSU Coaching Search/Mel Tucker

SteelCurtain74
11-12-2021, 01:09 PM
I saw an article saying Tucker is about to get around a $3 million raise to stay at Michigan State. He currently makes around $5 million. That is insane to me. He's had a good year but it's just that, a good year. Not sure how serious LSU was on him but apparently MSU doesn't want to take the chance.

was21
11-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Always thought Tucker was a red herring for that job along with Fisher and Napier. Wouldn't be surprised if they're pursuing Kelly at Notre Dame. That's just speculation on my part. Everybody has an opinion.

PGHBulldogBG
11-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Always thought Tucker was a red herring for that job along with Fisher and Napier. Wouldn't be surprised if they're pursuing Kelly at Notre Dame. That's just speculation on my part. Everybody has an opinion.

Kelly has a very cushy job at ND I can?t see him leaving there for LSU. He is not used to an SEC schedule and gets to play service academies, bad ACC teams and down USC and Stanford every year along with a MAC team or two and get into the playoff. I doubt he would leave that but maybe he wants a new challenge

WhiskeyPirate
11-12-2021, 02:04 PM
Tucker has one year of success, but no other good track record. Very risky hire for LSU

I’d be surprised if they hired tucker.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2021, 02:12 PM
My money is on Jimbo

Maverick91
11-12-2021, 02:14 PM
My money is on Jimbo

Why would Jombo leave A&M? I just don't see the draw from A&M to LSU?

PikeDawg15
11-12-2021, 02:15 PM
My money is on Jimbo

I think Jimbo is not going to leave texas a&m.

I feel like he is building something in college station.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2021, 02:20 PM
Why would Jombo leave A&M? I just don't see the draw from A&M to LSU?

1. Way better job. LSU is top 3 in the country.
2. His buyout is nothing for such a move.
3. TX is coming to the SEC
4. LSU AD is going to hire a name, not a nobody
5. Coached there before

TrapGame
11-12-2021, 02:22 PM
My money is on Jimbo

One of Finebaum's guests said the same thing yesterday. He said his sources tell him LSU is going all in on Jimbo. He is numero uno on their list.

HancockCountyDog
11-12-2021, 02:44 PM
One of Finebaum's guests said the same thing yesterday. He said his sources tell him LSU is going all in on Jimbo. He is numero uno on their list.

I think LSU is the better gig, but I think he has A&M rolling right now, both in recruiting and on the field.

I think he is going to use LSU to get every last drop from A&M in a raise, which seems ludicrous.

Maverick91
11-12-2021, 03:21 PM
5. Coached there before

Not trying to argue. I honestly just don't see how LSU is "way" better than A&M? They both recruit at the same level, I argue that A&M pockets are MUCH deeper than LSU's pockets. If Jimbo ever needed something A&M have rolodexes on rolodexes of oil families they can call and ask for a check. LSU has pockets, but, not the oil pockets.

I argue the pressure at LSU is much more intense than A&M, LSU has touched perfection, A&M has only slightly sniffed it. Where he currently is will give him some time to build this thing, they have already given him 5 years now, LSU would have already fired the man twice since 2017.

Not to mention I feel like A&M wants it more from overall buy in from the fans, support staff, admin, president.

LSU does to, but, I dont think like A&M.

Again this is all from what I think and I have no knowledge of the situation outside of what I see. I just dont see it.

RocketDawg
11-12-2021, 03:42 PM
5. Coached there before

Assuming Alabama is No.1, that would mean LSU is ahead of everybody except one, of the following: Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Georgia, Florida, UCLA, and USC. I don't think they are.

Percho
11-12-2021, 04:12 PM

I hope they get him. To me he is the most overrated coach in the game.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Not trying to argue. I honestly just don't see how LSU is "way" better than A&M? They both recruit at the same level, I argue that A&M pockets are MUCH deeper than LSU's pockets. If Jimbo ever needed something A&M have rolodexes on rolodexes of oil families they can call and ask for a check. LSU has pockets, but, not the oil pockets.

I argue the pressure at LSU is much more intense than A&M, LSU has touched perfection, A&M has only slightly sniffed it. Where he currently is will give him some time to build this thing, they have already given him 5 years now, LSU would have already fired the man twice since 2017.

Not to mention I feel like A&M wants it more from overall buy in from the fans, support staff, admin, president.

LSU does to, but, I dont think like A&M.

Again this is all from what I think and I have no knowledge of the situation outside of what I see. I just dont see it.

Go compare SEC titles and natties. Then look at Louisiana HSs and see that they produce an ass load of talent that almost exclusively wants to play for LSU. Then go compare the number of NFL players produced. It's not remotely close. Hell, we're on par with A&M. Look at our head to head.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2021, 04:38 PM
Assuming Alabama is No.1, that would mean LSU is ahead of everybody except one, of the following: Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Georgia, Florida, UCLA, and USC. I don't think they are.

AL is ahead. OSU maybe but it's close. The rest simply aren't comparable. ND isn't a top 10 job anymore based on what they do. FL? Nothing since Mullen the OC was there. UGA? The most underachieving of the bunch. UCLA? Wooo. LOL!! USC could be up there but I'd have them right behind LSU and OSU, but their potential is comparable so debatable.
I'd go AL, OSU, LSU, USC, UGA. But hey, everybody has an opinion.

TrapGame
11-12-2021, 04:38 PM
Go compare SEC titles and natties. Then look at Louisiana HSs and see that they produce an ass load of talent that almost exclusively wants to play for LSU. Then go compare the number of NFL players produced. It's not remotely close. Hell, we're on par with A&M. Look at our head to head.

Louisiana got talent out the ass. Jimbo still knows a ton of high school coaches in Louisiana. And they love him.

I really think LSU is scared they are going to start losing some big recruits to Jimbo and A&M. And if Jimbo starts the cracks they can start losing a few more to Arkansas, OM and MSU.

Maverick91
11-12-2021, 05:01 PM

Agreed! Completely get that point. But, Since 2017 the have been within 4 spots of each other every year, most years neck and neck in recruiting. I just don't think that the recruiting in LSU outweighs the negatives that you get in positives from being at A&M.

WhiskeyPirate
11-12-2021, 06:00 PM
Louisiana is a freaking gold mine, much easier place to win than tamu.

LSU has a long history of $hit coaches in basketball and football. If they ever have a good coach they are on par with Bama imo.

OLJWales
11-12-2021, 07:45 PM
I saw an article saying Tucker is about to get around a $3 million raise to stay at Michigan State. He currently makes around $5 million. That is insane to me. He's had a good year but it's just that, a good year. Not sure how serious LSU was on him but apparently MSU doesn't want to take the chance.

They have a raging hard on for their newcomer beating their rival his 1st 2 yrs in team history. Can't blame the Spartans having emotional shit going on right now. Creates huge contracts.

viverlibre
11-12-2021, 08:02 PM
The corndogs have a SJW president, any incoming coach will be under constant pressure to make minority hires. Anything the coach does or says that does not support woke ideology will be scrutinized, I doubt Jimbo wants to deal with that. Plus from all I read in TD, BR is a Jacksonesque poophole.

WhiskeyPirate
11-12-2021, 08:07 PM
The corndogs have a SJW president, any incoming coach will be under constant pressure to make minority hires. Anything the coach does or says that does not support woke ideology will be scrutinized, I doubt Jimbo wants to deal with that. Plus from all I read in TD, BR is a Jacksonesque poophole.

That?s what happened to Rolovich at WSU , gov inslee and their admin are radical leftists. It?s getting to be you have to live in a red state to have any degree of freedom at all.

OLJWales
11-12-2021, 08:11 PM

Would jack to some inner coon ass squabbling.

preachermatt83
11-13-2021, 09:31 AM
I hope they get him. To me he is the most overrated coach in the game.

Agreed

OurState
11-13-2021, 11:25 AM

This is a old top jobs list, current top list is:

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Oklahoma
4) Georgia
5) Clemson
6) LSU
7) Texas
8) Texas A&M
9) Auburn
10) USC
11) Penn State