PDA

View Full Version : WBB Swan Song

YoungB
11-10-2021, 03:27 PM
This isn't a post about Vic or Nikki

Its not a hot take and this year isn't rock bottom.

With a surprise head coach and no post strength this team could be scrappy, but will be lucky to stay .500, and will be significantly under .500 in the SEC

Recruiting will be a no show this year as Novak can't sell himself and a future he isn't a part of.

Between Graduation, Transfers and Normal attrition, the cupboards will be bare.

The tier of potential Coaches, compared to the last search, will be several steps down, but its a SEC job

Cohen will sell what's left of tradition and protentional to candidates, but everyone sees the total rebuild.

The new Coach will be fine, but not elite.

Next years team will be last in the SEC, with a worse record than the season before Vic arrived.

Finally Rock bottom, hit the recruiting trail and portal and we build again.

B

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-10-2021, 03:30 PM
How many people on here care? Let?s get MBB to the tourney!

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-10-2021, 04:02 PM
How many people on here care? Let?s get MBB to the tourney!

BINGO

klong-dog
11-10-2021, 04:05 PM
He just landed the #1 player in the state

confucius say
11-10-2021, 04:30 PM
There is a lot of talent still on the roster.
And he knows X and O.

Won't surprise me if we make the tourney.

Quaoarsking
11-10-2021, 06:04 PM

With a surprise head coach and no post strength this team could be scrappy, but will be lucky to stay .500, and will be significantly under .500 in the SEC

Recruiting will be a no show this year as Novak can't sell himself and a future he isn't a part of.

The tier of potential Coaches, compared to the last search, will be several steps down, but its a SEC job

Cohen will sell what's left of tradition and protentional to candidates, but everyone sees the total rebuild.

Next years team will be last in the SEC, with a worse record than the season before Vic arrived.

B

I ... don't think this is correct at all.

We have the talent to be in the top 5 of the SEC standings and unless the interim coach just doesn't mesh with the team at all, I bet we will.

We certainly won't be under .500 overall

Doggie_Style
11-10-2021, 06:56 PM

B

The Fact that Nikki is gone brings great hope for the program moving forward….she was about as bad a coach as we’ve had at State

Saltydog
11-10-2021, 07:31 PM
She's the Ed Ogeron of WBB......Great recruiter, shitty coach...........

NCMSTFAN
11-10-2021, 07:40 PM
She's the Ed Ogeron of WBB......Great recruiter, shitty coach...........
And you gathered all of that after 1 shortened season without her recruits?

Doggie_Style
11-10-2021, 08:33 PM
And you gathered all of that after 1 shortened season without her recruits?

It was as if she had been super glued to her folding chair……strange

schddog72
11-10-2021, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=YoungB;1381924]This isn't a post about Vic or Nikki

Them negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves . . . . .

OLJWales
11-11-2021, 01:22 PM

B

How 17ing depressing. Total shit.

Lord McBuckethead
11-11-2021, 05:59 PM
Yeah, that may be one of the worst takes I have seen on here in a while, and that is with Airbone being coined this year.

ScottH
11-11-2021, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that may be one of the worst takes I have seen on here in a while.

The awful part is I'm fearful it could be accurate.

NCMSTFAN
11-11-2021, 09:49 PM
We just signed the top player in Mississippi, she is a 4 star recruit... yes we will lose a few girls due to playing time and a coaching change but we still have alot of good players who will return. I actually think we can have a good season this year, especially if Jessika Carter returns. Novak can speak basketball and knows his x's and o's ... I don't kno how good he can recruit yet but he may be a sleeper coach ready to take this thing over. Rickea Jackson spoke highly about him and his knowledge and said it didn't feel like he was a new coach

Quaoarsking
11-12-2021, 01:29 AM
Big, big game tomorrow. South Dakota State doesn't sound like a big name, but they are regulars in the tournament and presumably will be in again this year.

Bothrops
11-12-2021, 03:39 AM
I'm pretty negative, but I'm not sure I agree with some of this. We may have a great coach and not know it yet. He has an impressive resume everywhere he's been.