Indndawg
11-08-2021, 03:54 PM
about CML
regarding kicker tryout

Pawlll sez he's just trying to get "cheap laughs"

Disagree Pawllllllll

Dawgology
11-08-2021, 03:56 PM
I'm really suprised Finebaum would say something negative about State!!**************************

Dawgology
11-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Wonder what Paul thought of this?

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/2015/07/plaxico_burress_blasts_nick_sa.html

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 03:59 PM
If it's not alabama he hates it. And it's not like this is the first time Leach has done this. I couldn't tell you the last time I even listened to that idiot.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Well, he certainly knows cheap and classless very well.

Indndawg
11-08-2021, 04:16 PM
If it's not alabama he hates it. And it's not like this is the first time Leach has done this. I couldn't tell you the last time I even listened to that idiot.

Reaffirms why I hate him and his dumbass show

msstate7
11-08-2021, 04:20 PM
This board sure has done a 180 since freeze's "we gotta recruit better" and throwing guys under the bus.

ETA.:. It's weird a lot of fans feel the need to justify anything your HC does. I don't even feel mullen and jimbo (lol) are perfect. Hell, even the great Sean Payton does dumb crap that I don't like

99jc
11-08-2021, 04:29 PM
This board sure has done a 180 since freeze's "we gotta recruit better" and throwing guys under the bus.

ETA.:. It's weird a lot of fans feel the need to justify anything your HC does. I don't even feel mullen and jimbo (lol) are perfect. Hell, even the great Sean Payton does dumb crap that I don't like

like yesterday pulling taysum hill and putting that Semen fellow in who promptly fumbled

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2021, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/John_Infante/status/1457822208462495749?s=20

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Personally, I didn?t like Leach saying that at the presser. I would rather him rip players in the locker room and keep it generic in public. That?s just me. But I have no problem with having tryouts.

msstate7
11-08-2021, 04:36 PM
[/B]

like yesterday pulling taysum hill and putting that Semen fellow in who promptly fumbled

Didn't like that either. I will say semian finished really strong, and he had more drops than we had under mullen in the 1st half

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 04:53 PM
Wow. I guess no one saw that coming.

TrapGame
11-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Personally, I didn?t like Leach saying that at the presser. I would rather him rip players in the locker room and keep it generic in public. That?s just me. But I have no problem with having tryouts.

I bet what he said in the locker room was a lot worse.

Schultzy
11-08-2021, 05:19 PM
We look pre-snap confused on all scrimmage kicks - our timing between the holder/center snap is long and awkward.

That makes me wonder if we are spending enough time live practicing this and on the short fg the holder took so long to ask for the damn snap it seemed like he was icing the kicker.

Homedawg
11-08-2021, 05:22 PM
about CML
regarding kicker tryout

Disagree Pawllllllll

i agree with paul on this one

NWADAWG
11-08-2021, 05:28 PM

While Leach was at Texas Tech, there was a halftime competition for a student to get a chance to kick a field goal for free rent at a local apartment complex. The kid that won had kicked a year at some little juco for 1 year and transferred to Tech to just be a student. When Leach saw the kicker, he sent a coach to talk to him. The kid tried out, made the team, and was the starting kicker for 3 years or so.

Let the halftime competitions begin.

DeputyDawg94
11-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Im shocked he could say anything with that huge crimson elephant pecker in his mouth.

I’ll be so glad when that idiot is off of SEC Net. I refuse to watch anything he’s on including the game day show.

StarkVegasSteve
11-08-2021, 06:02 PM
Was it the smartest thing to do this at the postgame presser? No. But I also respect Leach for turning over every rock to find a kicker no matter how late in the season instead of just saying Oh well we?ll just suck at kicking for the last 3-4 games.

Catfish
11-08-2021, 06:34 PM
I'm not familiar with the transfer portal or how it works but is there a chance we could pull a kicker from it?

msstate7
11-08-2021, 06:35 PM
I'm not familiar with the transfer portal or how it works but is there a chance we could pull a kicker from it?

Not before Saturday lol

Catfish
11-08-2021, 06:39 PM
Not before Saturday lol

So a player can enter and exit during a specific time period?

msstate7
11-08-2021, 06:41 PM
So a player can enter and exit during a specific time period?

You have to be a student. I don't know how long, but id guess you cant do it with a semester about to end

Catfish
11-08-2021, 06:44 PM
You have to be a student. I don't know how long, but id guess you cant do it with a semester about to end

Thanks

OLJWales
11-08-2021, 07:01 PM
about CML
regarding kicker tryout

Disagree Pawllllllll

I thought this was about confed tweets. What a total jackass. When did laughter become a felony ?

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 07:07 PM
Here's the thing, no one will be laughing if Leach finds a kicker.

OLJWales
11-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Here's the thing, no one will be laughing if Leach finds a kicker.

Would LMAO X 100

WhiskeyPirate
11-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Leach did the same at tech and actually found a good kicker. This shows pawl is uninformed, doesn?t follow football outside the sec and not well read.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 07:36 PM
Would LMAO X 100

In a good way though I'm sure lol!

OLJWales
11-08-2021, 07:42 PM
In a good way though I'm sure lol!

Fo sho soldier!

TUSK
11-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Pawlllll is an equal opportunity provocateur that kicks programs when they are "down"...

And this includes Bammer, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, UT, Michigan, Ohio State.... etc etc....

Homedawg
11-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Leach did the same at tech and actually found a good kicker. This shows pawl is uninformed, doesn?t follow football outside the sec and not well read.

It's not the fact we would hold a tryout. It's how he handled it. Completely throwing those kids under the bus.... has he ever said he did anything wrong?? Not really.

TUSK
11-08-2021, 08:13 PM
It's not the fact we would hold a tryout. It's how he handled it. Completely throwing those kids under the bus.... has he ever said he did anything wrong?? Not really.

This^ & repped....

I MDL had done that, this thread would go like this...

https://c.tenor.com/Nv-W0KQJaBwAAAAM/jack-off-jacking.gif

Todd4State
11-08-2021, 08:17 PM
This is brilliant by Leach.

Now every kicker in the country that has a sack knows that we have an opening. Those that are pussies like Devon Bell will stay away.

Competitive people are drawn to challenges and people that have high expectations of them.

I highly suspect that Leach is tired of the kickers goofing off during the game and Tucker Day laughing after he shanks another punt. I sit behind them every home game and I don't mind players having fun but they're goofing off the entire game. I've even seen Leach go over there a couple of times to tell them to knock it off.

Todd4State
11-08-2021, 08:18 PM
This^ & repped....

I MDL had done that, this thread would go like this...

https://c.tenor.com/Nv-W0KQJaBwAAAAM/jack-off-jacking.gif
If Saban had said the same thing Finebaum would have praised Saban's desire to win no matter what even with frat boys. Hence the double standard. He's a loudmouth douche that isn't worth a shit.

OLJWales
11-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Finebaumb blows on credit.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 08:23 PM
Pawlllll is an equal opportunity provocateur that kicks programs when they are "down"...

And this includes Bammer, Auburn, LSU, UF, UGA, UT, Michigan, Ohio State.... etc etc....

Why did you include bama? Y'all ain't been down In forever lol!

WhiskeyPirate
11-08-2021, 09:24 PM

Ruiz is apparently injured and the other kid is not ready to kick field goals. I don’t see anyone thrown under the bus. We just need a kicker.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2021, 10:13 PM

I'm glad he did it. We were all saying the same damn thing. They suck. So he's going to try to make us better and you've gotten sand in your twat over it?
It's so hard when a kid hears the truth isn't it? We shouldn't tell them the truth should we. Just hand them all a trophy and tell them it's ok to suck I assume?

Todd4State
11-08-2021, 10:20 PM
And I almost forgot. What was cheap and classless was the way Finebaum acted the last time he came to Starkville insisting that Moorhead was gone to Rutgers and trying to get Cohen to admit to a false rumor.

TUSK
11-08-2021, 10:58 PM
Why did you include bama? Y'all ain't been down In forever lol!

LOL... I remember The Dark Ages 87-07: Curry (I include him and exclude Stallings), Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula....

Pawllll HAMMERED most of them... and certainly would have eviscerated them had they done this...

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 11:07 PM
LOL... I remember The Dark Ages 87-07: Curry (I include him and exclude Stallings), Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula....

Pawllll HAMMERED most of them... and certainly would have eviscerated them had they done this...

Ancient history lol!

Tripp McNeely
11-08-2021, 11:08 PM

I'd love to compare your win percentage during those "Dark Ages" to Mullen's win percentage...our "Golden Era"....bro, your a fan of Alabama football, how have you not realized by now that you are NEVER allowed to complain of any lack of success of your football program. Yankees, Patriots, Bama football fans complaining about "down years" is like Elon Musk complaining to a waitress that he didn't order that 3rd Old Fashion on his bill...just pay the $15 and stfu!

TUSK
11-09-2021, 12:46 AM
I'd love to compare your win percentage during those "Dark Ages" to Mullen's win percentage...our "Golden Era"....bro, your a fan of Alabama football, how have you not realized by now that you are NEVER allowed to complain of any lack of success of your football program. Yankees, Patriots, Bama football fans complaining about "down years" is like Elon Musk complaining to a waitress that he didn't order that 3rd Old Fashion on his bill...just pay the $15 and stfu!

LOL.... strong post....

oh, 46% to 60%...

dawgday166
11-09-2021, 07:30 AM
Well ... I guess Leach could've been like JoMo was with Guidry, Hill, etc. Always patting them on the back telling them how great they are, while Guidry is dropping wide-open 3rd down passes for 1st downs when Fitz hits him right between the numbers. And raving about Hill's big yards against weak teams while he's gaining zilch against really good defenses and letting Fitz get killed cause he won't/can't block LBs.

msstate7
11-09-2021, 07:42 AM
Well ... I guess Leach could've been like JoMo was with Guidry, Hill, etc. Always patting them on the back telling them how great they are, while Guidry is dropping wide-open 3rd down passes for 1st downs when Fitz hits him right between the numbers. And raving about Hill's big yards against weak teams while he's gaining zilch against really good defenses and letting Fitz get killed cause he won't/can't block LBs.

I don't think anyone gives a crap how leach talks to the team in private. I think the rub is doing it publicly.

And I asked this in the other thread on this subject, why no public criticism of the ST coach? We have ST melt downs weekly it seems. But hey, let's just kick the kicker, easy target...

dawgday166
11-09-2021, 07:47 AM
I don't think anyone gives a crap how leach talks to the team in private. I think the rub is doing it publicly.

And I asked this in the other thread on this subject, why no public criticism of the ST coach? We have ST melt downs weekly it seems. But hey, let's just kick the kicker, easy target...

I can see it a little both ways. I don't know that it's a huge thing IMO. And we don't know the full back story of how their practice habits are, how much the coach may (or may not) have helped them, etc.

Kind of a mountain out of a molehill situation to me.

ETA: Leach (or any coach) isn't going to be perfect in every press conference. Most of crap that's blown up real big really isn't that big. I could see Bear doing similar type thing. But that was way back before everything was so PC.

chef dixon
11-09-2021, 07:58 AM
This is just not that big of a deal

msstate7
11-09-2021, 08:08 AM

Leach has made his pressers a big deal bc he's entertaining in them. More people watch bc of that, and bc more people watch, they become a bigger deal

dawgday166
11-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Leach has made his pressers a big deal bc he's entertaining in them. More people watch bc of that, and bc more people watch, they become a bigger deal

Saban's are a big deal too. And he's saying shit worse than that x1000 all the time. Takes a lot of heat for it sometimes but they win games too. He don't give a crap as long as he wins games.

Cooterpoot
11-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Saban: He doesn't have to play football. All he has to do is punt.
Saban: We can't just shit players to fix the problems. (My favorite by the way)
Saban: They went through our defense like shit through a tin horn

msstate7
11-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Saban: He doesn't have to play football. All he has to do is punt.
Saban: We can't just shit players to fix the problems. (My favorite by the way)
Saban: They went through our defense like shit through a tin horn

Aaron Rodgers can pull a vaccination stunt that Jordan love cant. Such is life...

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 09:12 AM

Well, the 3-8 kryptonite defense and "airbone" won't work in the SEC narratives have disintegrated so now it's just about Leach's post game comments. There's no more meat on the bone for some folks. I believe some might call that desperation.

msstate7
11-09-2021, 09:15 AM
Well, the 3-8 kryptonite defense and "airbone" won't work in the SEC narratives have disintegrated so now it's just about Leach's post game comments. There's no more meat on the bone for some folks. I believe some might call that desperation.

We're still most likely gonna finish 6-6, so I wouldn't get too excited. A win this week, and all leach detractors will have to take notice for sure.

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 09:37 AM
We're still most likely gonna finish 6-6, so I wouldn't get too excited. A win this week, and all leach detractors will have to take notice for sure.

It was declared we were going 5-7 and no bowl by the "gurus" around here.

Dak Holliday
11-09-2021, 12:29 PM
It was declared we were going 5-7 and no bowl by the "gurus" around here.
You?re this all in over 1 more win than expected? 😂
And when you have a .900+ win % and half the natties over the last decade, you can kick a dog or light a cat on fire on live tv and get away with it. Hell, if Saban pushed down someone?s granny, they?d ask her what she did to deserve it. We aren?t Alabama.
I told y?all this was gonna happen the other night. You can?t be so short sighted. This will happen every time CML does this.

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 12:32 PM
You?re this all in over 1 more win than expected? ��
And when you have a .900+ win % and half the natties over the last decade, you can kick a dog or light a cat on fire on live tv and get away with it. Hell, if Saban pushed down someone?s granny, they?d ask her what she did to deserve it. We aren?t Alabama.
I told y?all this was gonna happen the other night. You can?t be so short sighted. This will happen every time CML does this.

Funny how we're playing a lot better on offense and the narratives, arguments and responses change. I guess I should have invested in a goal post moving company.

Dak Holliday
11-09-2021, 12:38 PM
This is about what I expected and have said so. Different wins/losses, but about what I figured. How is that moving the goal post? I still don?t believe the AirRaid is a great system. If it were near as good as you proclaim, CML would have Saban?s resume. Bigger, better programs would use it. Don?t sell me that the item we found on clearance is the most coveted thing in CFB. 😂

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 12:45 PM
This is about what I expected and have said so. Different wins/losses, but about what I figured. How is that moving the goal post? I still don?t believe the AirRaid is a great system. If it were near as good as you proclaim, CML would have Saban?s resume. Bigger, better programs would use it. Don?t sell me that the item we found on clearance is the most coveted thing in CFB. ��

Brother, I'm getting into an argument with you. I'm saying there are some folks on this board - several who are strangely absent recently - that have an agenda. That agenda was to stir up shit against Leach. That agenda got kicked the nuts. Once again, we were told by the "experts" on this board that we would not go bowling this season and that this offense would not work against SEC defenses.

Dak Holliday
11-09-2021, 12:47 PM
Now, that being said, the games have been closer than I?d have expected, but I?m not sure that?s not due to the Defense in some games and garbage time in a few others. We are improving, but I?m inclined to believe the AirRaid is about a .500-.600 win % system most years.

Dental Dawg33
11-09-2021, 12:58 PM

Agreed. You're a D1 athlete in the most competitive conference in the country. If you can't stand criticism you're in the wrong place. Grow a pair and go make a damn 23 yard field goal

MSU 1984
11-09-2021, 06:33 PM

Leadership isn?t a popularity contest?Leach is paid $5mill to win in any way possible within the rules. If that means holding public tryouts for a kicker, he better freaking do it. And yes, that includes firing the ST coach if necessary, too.

OLJWales
11-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Leadership isn?t a popularity contest?Leach is paid $5mill to win in any way possible within the rules. If that means holding public tryouts for a kicker, he better freaking do it. And yes, that includes firing the ST coach if necessary, too.

Ain't. Dat hard to understand. Some folks just don't get it. Like dudes who complain about females sportin' cleavage. 17 the Whole lot of ya.

Jarius
11-09-2021, 11:33 PM
You?re this all in over 1 more win than expected? ��

We still have 3 games left. 2 are tossups and 1 is an FCS school. Decent chance we win 7. The entire point of bringing up Saban is that if the best coach in the history of college football can say things like that then it really isn’t a big deal if others do too. I am all for doing as many things like him as possible. It’s not going to cause some mutiny on the team. It will hopefully motivate the kickers to play better. Or maybe it won’t. Who gives a shit?

Todd4State
11-10-2021, 01:23 AM

It's not like they were actually successful before he called them out to it's not like if he hurts their feelings they're going to get worse.

As I've said before he just put out a public ad to find a kicker. We're rumored to have 30 people trying out Wednesday. We're also going to attract kickers that are competitive.

Dak Holliday
11-10-2021, 10:07 PM
We still have 3 games left. 2 are tossups and 1 is an FCS school. Decent chance we win 7. The entire point of bringing up Saban is that if the best coach in the history of college football can say things like that then it really isn’t a big deal if others do too. I am all for doing as many things like him as possible. It’s not going to cause some mutiny on the team. It will hopefully motivate the kickers to play better. Or maybe it won’t. Who gives a shit?

Start with a decade of top 3 recruiting, then copy the rest.