PDA

View Full Version : The traitor at it again?

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Buddies of mine in Naples that are big UF fans said that our recent improvements aren?t going unnoticed at UF, especially after the UK game. What if SS tries to snipe CML? He lives in the Keyes and UF loves to throw the ball. I think they?re just wishful thinking, but they?re calling for the Fun and Gun: AirRaid Edition.

IMissJack
11-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Buddies of mine in Naples that are big UF fans said that our recent improvements aren?t going unnoticed at UF, especially after the UK game. What if SS tries to snipe CML? He lives in the Keyes and UF loves to throw the ball. I think they?re just wishful thinking, but they?re calling for the Fun and Gun: AirRaid Edition.

I won’t lose any sleep of it happens. The last 3 coaches we have gotten were generally 6-6 to 7-5 coaches with the occasional 8-9 win season. The next will likely be the same. Not that I want Leach to leave, but just not going to fret about it.

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 08:30 PM

Hahaha. He isn't hiring leach. Never. Leach hates recruiting worse than Dan.....

Charlie_Sheen420
11-07-2021, 08:31 PM
You don?t have to worry about that, that school isn?t touching anything related to State. they are about to can the AD and coach that came from State, taking someone else from here would cause chaos

lefty96
11-07-2021, 08:41 PM
We have reached steady state football outcomes for better or worse.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Hahaha. He isn't hiring leach. Never. Leach hates recruiting worse than Dan.....

This!

PendingTransaction
11-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Dang it! I knew this would happen. Thought it would be after next season. We can't have nothing nice!!!!

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Dang it! I knew this would happen. Thought it would be after next season. We can't have nothing nice!!!!

😂 you hafta pick through their turds to find the peanuts because they love to mess with me, but they?re saying he?s legitimately getting some conversation. Along with Kiffin, Meyer, and Christobol.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:34 PM

They also aren't going to be patient enough for a two year install. Ours barely are.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:35 PM
�� you hafta pick through their turds to find the peanuts because they love to mess with me, but they?re saying he?s legitimately getting some conversation. Along with Kiffin, Meyer, and Christobol.

They could get Kiffin. Meyer not so sure after his little incident. Christobal probably not.

Catfish
11-07-2021, 10:36 PM
They also aren't going to be patient enough for a two year install. Ours barely are.

You are correct.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Leach not a good fit at uf because he won't cow tow to spurrier and the rest over there. Also Leach ain't gonna recruit like they expect at uf and he will play the walk-on over the 5 star if he's better and
that won't fly there either.

PMDawg
11-08-2021, 10:06 AM

As already said - 0% chance that happens.

However, they are in the market for a DC now, and we have a pretty darn good one.

Coursesuper
11-08-2021, 10:18 AM

I'm fairly confident that he is much more concerned about his own job's immediate future than he is about hiring away a Leach.

TrapGame
11-08-2021, 10:37 AM
As already said - 0% chance that happens.

However, they are in the market for a DC now, and we have a pretty darn good one.

Arnett's too smart for that. Mullen is a fired coach walking. Zach would be walking into a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

PMDawg
11-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Arnett's too smart for that. Mullen is a fired coach walking. Zach would be walking into a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

True.

thf24
11-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Leach not a good fit at uf because he won't cow tow to spurrier and the rest over there. Also Leach ain't gonna recruit like they expect at uf and he will play the walk-on over the 5 star if he's better and
that won't fly there either.

After their experience with the Country Club, requirement 1A on their list for a new head coach will be an elite recruiting pedigree. Ain't gonna be Leach. Same reason it won't be Kiffin.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2021, 11:20 AM

very true ... seems like he also saw this at LSU. I don't know if LSU offered but Arnett didn't go and probably because of same situation

Cooterpoot
11-08-2021, 11:29 AM
Tell your "buddy" to stop drinking. Another day, another Leach is leaving rumor from some.

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Tell your "buddy" to stop drinking. Another day, another Leach is leaving rumor from some.

I rarely ever hear a Leach is leaving rumor. Following his debacle at Texas Tech, his tweets, and outspoken political views, he hasn?t been highly sought after. UT went after him and had him until the UP stepped in and squashed it. Then he came to us. He has the accolades. He?s done the rehab. He might be getting more attention than you think. With a surprising number of upper level openings, a 2x COTY that?s making some noise in the SEC might be more on the radar than we would suspect. If he?s as good of a catch as we apparently believe that he is, then it can?t be unreasonable to think that other programs would look at him more recently.

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Also, Cooter, as one that travels, my world includes lots of people outside the EggBowl bubble. It?s one reason I don?t get too high or low on MSU most of the time. Yeah, I love the team, but I can be ok knowing they?re not even middle of the pack prettiest girl at the ball.

PGHBulldogBG
11-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Blue bloods are not going to have the patience for Leach to install his offense. They also focus on 5 star players and Leach recruits to his system more so than to the number of stars. This would be another issue a blue blood would have with him. I think he can do great here based on the progress we are making, and I think eventually he would do well at a blue blood but they wouldn?t give him the 3-4 years he would need to get to 10 wins

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Blue bloods are not going to have the patience for Leach to install his offense. They also focus on 5 star players and Leach recruits to his system more so than to the number of stars. This would be another issue a blue blood would have with him. I think he can do great here based on the progress we are making, and I think eventually he would do well at a blue blood but they wouldn?t give him the 3-4 years he would need to get to 10 wins

I?m not saying this isn?t true. Just relaying a conversation that I had and thought would be a decent thread of conversation. Is that not what this site is for?

PGHBulldogBG
11-08-2021, 12:58 PM
I?m not saying this isn?t true. Just relaying a conversation that I had and thought would be a decent thread of conversation. Is that not what this site is for?

I wasn?t trying to say it can?t happen, I was moreso pointing out the reasons I see it not happening. UF fans are also tired of SS going MIA, not addressing issues and him not pulling the plug on Dan. They also want an instant 9 to 10 win season. No way they would get that with Leach until year 3 or 4 at minimum because of the system he runs

PikeDawg15
11-08-2021, 01:01 PM
I could be 100% wrong but unless we fire leach for some reason. I Think this is his last rodeo here in starkville
He finally has his shot to prove that the air raid can work in the sec

Blue bloods are not gonna have the patience with a 2 year install and going less than 9-3 at LSU or Florida will get your ass fired ( O got fired less than 2 years after a national title)

I could be wrong but I see him being here for at least 7-8 more years.

When Leach retires.... I say we call mullen back and repair the relationship possibly... or get another air raid type guy to keep it going

We will be consistently between a 7-9 win team with an occasional 6-6 or 5-7 season and maybe once every 3 years we have a team that makes some noise in the west..

The sec west will be wide open with saban retiring within the next 5 years.. I predict that Jimbo Fisher and A&M is a program on the rise but nobody will ever be like saban again..
Even the great bear bryant lost to southern miss

PikeDawg15
11-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Well... to be fair I dont think he is leaving but

Its a LOT easier to install at Florida with that ability to get guaranteed top 15 classes and the sec east outside of Georgia sucks... outside of a rising tennessee ( which will be getting NCAA punishment sometime soon)

PGHBulldogBG
11-08-2021, 01:07 PM
Well... to be fair I dont think he is leaving but

Its a LOT easier to install at Florida with that ability to get guaranteed top 15 classes and the sec east outside of Georgia sucks... outside of a rising tennessee ( which will be getting NCAA punishment sometime soon)

Huepel walked into a bad situation there because he is going to elevate UT and get the fans excited but will struggle to keep it going due to NCAA issues. The fans won?t see this as an excuse and want him fired and they will be back to looking for another coach again because that?s how UT fans are. I say we go after him if that scenario happens and Leach is ready to retire. I?m usually not a fan of retread coaches but he will get caught between a rock and a hard place with that situation

PikeDawg15
11-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Huepel walked into a bad situation there because he is going to elevate UT and get the fans excited but will struggle to keep it going due to NCAA issues. The fans won?t see this as an excuse and want him fired and they will be back to looking for another coach again because that?s how UT fans are. I say we go after him if that scenario happens and Leach is ready to retire. I?m usually not a fan of retread coaches but he will get caught between a rock and a hard place with that situation

Agreed... but if heupel can ( with the NCAA crap) keep them as a 8-4 team for the next few years ... they wont be firing him especially if he can pull one off against bama/georgia

Bothrops
11-08-2021, 01:18 PM
This is about as likely as Saban leaving Bama to coach at Idaho Vandals.

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 01:20 PM
What?s that, B?

msstatelp1
11-08-2021, 01:24 PM

When Leach retires.... I say we call mullen back and repair the relationship possibly... or get another air raid type guy to keep it going

This "bring Mullen back" needs to be relegated to the trash heap. Mullen has already proven he doesn't want to be here. If we ever hired him again, he'd be shopping himself before he walked in the door. We'd also spend 3 or 4 years swapping from an Air Raid back to a run first offense.

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 01:27 PM
We don?t need Mullen back. Thanks for all he did, but that ship has sailed. I just feel that it would be the football version of Polk 2.0

Bothrops
11-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Dan was here 9 seasons which is about the shelf life of a HC in one place. People need to quit abusing themselves over the thought of what was arguably our 3rd best coach all time.

MetEdDawg
11-08-2021, 02:04 PM
I rarely ever hear a Leach is leaving rumor. Following his debacle at Texas Tech, his tweets, and outspoken political views, he hasn?t been highly sought after. UT went after him and had him until the UP stepped in and squashed it. Then he came to us. He has the accolades. He?s done the rehab. He might be getting more attention than you think. With a surprising number of upper level openings, a 2x COTY that?s making some noise in the SEC might be more on the radar than we would suspect. If he?s as good of a catch as we apparently believe that he is, then it can?t be unreasonable to think that other programs would look at him more recently.

The video I saw last week of the Arkansas guy saying he spoke to their athletic department about coming after Leach not once but twice was quite interesting.

Sounded like before Morris it wouldn't have taken much to get him there. But after Morris it was going to be too much of an investment to get him.

So between us, Tennessee, and Arkansas, you've got a confirmed 3 SEC teams that kicked the tires enough on Leach to make it noteworthy.

bulldawg28
11-08-2021, 03:02 PM
I've heard USC has reached out to Leach

schddog72
11-08-2021, 03:33 PM
I could be 100% wrong but unless we fire leach for some reason. I Think this is his last rodeo here in starkville
He finally has his shot to prove that the air raid can work in the sec

Blue bloods are not gonna have the patience with a 2 year install and going less than 9-3 at LSU or Florida will get your ass fired ( O got fired less than 2 years after a national title)

I could be wrong but I see him being here for at least 7-8 more years.

We will be consistently between a 7-9 win team with an occasional 6-6 or 5-7 season and maybe once every 3 years we have a team that makes some noise in the west..

The sec west will be wide open with saban retiring within the next 5 years.. I predict that Jimbo Fisher and A&M is a program on the rise but nobody will ever be like saban again..
Even the great bear bryant lost to southern miss

Yes and no. I too believe this will be this is Leach's last rodeo. He's making plenty of $$, sees the end of his career and a comfortable retirement in Key West. He already gets enough criticism from our fanbase; would he put up with that increased by a factor of 100? I doubt it.

With respect to Don *******, no way he comes back to MSU. We would have to accept the fact that the minute he accepts the job to come back, his agent will be putting out feelers for a higher profile gig. ******* was looking for a better job the entire time he was in Starkvegas; why would we expect it to be different the second time around. That's the very definition of insanity.

TheLostDawg
11-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Yes and no. I too believe this will be this is Leach's last rodeo. He's making plenty of $$, sees the end of his career and a comfortable retirement in Key West. He already gets enough criticism from our fanbase; would he put up with that increased by a factor of 100? I doubt it.

With respect to Don *******, no way he comes back to MSU. We would have to accept the fact that the minute he accepts the job to come back, his agent will be putting out feelers for a higher profile gig. ******* was looking for a better job the entire time he was in Starkvegas; why would we expect it to be different the second time around. That's the very definition of insanity.

Yes and why would we want him. He is lazy. I'd rather hire someone like Briles say if Mullen gets canned and Leach really does have to leave from being unvaccinated.

Saltydog
11-09-2021, 09:13 AM

We're .500 in the league and only one game above .500 overall. It's not like we're a top ten team.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2021, 09:24 AM

Doubt it

thf24
11-09-2021, 09:53 AM

Leach wouldn't make it a week in LA without irrevocably pissing someone off.

Dak Holliday
11-09-2021, 12:10 PM
We're .500 in the league and only one game above .500 overall. It's not like we're a top ten team.

Look, you can?t have it both ways- super pleased with the improvements AND we suck. If we can see the improvements, you think people actually evaluating coaches are just looking at records? 😂 if some of the thick skulled mouth breathers on here can see that we should be well above .500, you can?t use that as your shield in a legitimate conversation.