PDA

View Full Version : Multiple firings at fla

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Not sure how many but I know if 2 for sure ...

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 08:06 PM
After the train wreck of the season, Danny will be lucky if he isn't done.

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 08:18 PM
After the train wreck of the season, Danny will be lucky if he isn't done.

Scott won't can him this year...

Charlie_Sheen420
11-07-2021, 08:34 PM
It won?t be Scott?s call cause he may be out of a job himself

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 08:36 PM
It won?t be Scott?s call cause he may be out of a job himself

Possible.

lefty96
11-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Both canned would be glorious

msstate7
11-07-2021, 08:39 PM
I'm a huge mullen guy, but after last night, it's getting hard to justify keeping him

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 08:39 PM

I think he'll get one more year too but if they lose another one this year I believe it'll be out of stricks hands.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-07-2021, 08:42 PM
From what I?ve heard the rumor is Scott told Mullen he needs a new DC and OL coach and Mullen is digging in....correct me if I?m wrong but didn?t that happen here between these two? Dejavu lol

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 08:42 PM

At this rate he may not have a choice.

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 08:43 PM
From what I?ve heard the rumor is Scott told Mullen he needs a new DC and OL coach and Mullen is digging in....correct me if I?m wrong but didn?t that happen here between these two? Dejavu lol

Well dan didn't dig in.... they gone...

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2021, 08:45 PM

Sounds very Croomish of him.

TrapGame
11-07-2021, 08:48 PM

I believe that was Cohen. He told Mullen to stop the November job shopping, concentrate more on recruiting and break up the country club. Mullen told him to go eff himself. Cohen supposedly told him that if he was looking for another job assume we were looking for someone too.

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 08:50 PM
The twitters are saying grantham and hevesy are the first on the chopping block

CovertDawg
Bruce Feldman reports Grantham and Hevesy are being let go.

Dak Holliday
My UF buddies in Naples say Grantham and Hevesy are both gone. That they?re still deciding what to do with Mullen, but he could be gone by midweek.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Well dan didn't dig in.... they gone...
You?re right it?s official grantham and hevesy gone

msstate7
11-07-2021, 08:51 PM

Wow, mullen is on the ropes when he can't save Hev

Fader21
11-07-2021, 08:52 PM
John Hevesy will be Megan's driver to *Miami* for grocery shopping. Orlando wouldn't be far enough now.

CovertDawg
11-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Do we throw Grantham a bone and bring him back as a defensive analyst and let him watch watch games at Dudy Noble all spring?

msstate7
11-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Do we throw Grantham a bone and bring him back as a defensive analyst and let him watch watch games at Dudy Noble all spring?

Nah, we won't beat saban for him

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 09:00 PM

We didn't need Feldman to know that....

RocketDawg
11-07-2021, 09:02 PM
My UF buddies in Naples say Grantham and Hevesy are both gone. That they?re still deciding what to do with Mullen, but he could be gone by midweek.

Was Mullen yelling at Grantham last night? I didn't notice if he did. He's been known to do that.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2021, 09:03 PM
How do you change OL coaches mid-season?

That seems like a complete disaster

preachermatt83
11-07-2021, 09:04 PM
I don’t know exactly what has happened at Florida but Grantham is a good defensive football coach. As for Dan he is going to excel places with middle of the road expectations. Like state, South Carolina, ole miss, and places like that. Because he can find diamonds in the rough type kids. . He can’t recruit well enough to excel at lower end programs like vandy, Kansas, and duke or to compete against big boys so he he wouldn’t fit at a place like Florida, Georgia, Texas, or Oklahoma type places. Put him at wake, MSU, mich state, Iowa state, Kansas state and such and watch him excel.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 09:06 PM

They're already a complete disaster lol!

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 09:10 PM
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
100%

LC Dawg
11-07-2021, 09:21 PM
Florida is obviously a shit show this year but if they fire Mullen that will be the second coach in a row that Florida fires a year after winning the division.
It all boils down to what I refer to as the "Saban Effect". Since Bama hired Saban look how many coaches have come and gone in the SEC and what their salaries have grown to. A lot of money has been wasted trying to find a multi millionaire who started as a grad assistant sleeping on a couch in the coaching office and expect them to have that same drive because you decided to pay them even more millions. There's only one Saban.
At least with Leach we know he's an oddball and not 100% focused on football.

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 09:27 PM
The Saban Effect is real, but UF is a school that reloads not rebuilds. This isn?t your typical year after winning a division. CDM has lost the fanbase in a surprising fashion and this team has woefully under achieved. Mullen won?t be the coach next year and I think UF cuts ties soon. They will want to get on par with USC and LSU in the coaching search.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2021, 09:31 PM
Yeah this very well could be the male cheerleader and Don making one last move to see if they can save their jobs. We'll know soon if Dan gets canned this week.

I could see those two shits getting together and Scott saying "look, I'm hearing we may both be toast, so let's make a big move to show we're serious....Grantham and one of your long time boys. I know you don't like it, but you like that fat check don't you?"

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

On a different note, I hear that Joe Brady might be coming back to CFB after a rough season this year with the Panthers. I?m sure LSU is beating his door down.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 09:40 PM
Most of us on here said he'd be gone in 4-5 years and it really wasn't hard to predict. He's a good coach not elite and while he'll have winning seasons pretty much every year he's never gonna put up 11-12 win years consistently. That won't work at uf.

vindastra
11-07-2021, 09:42 PM
FWIW, Hevesy would have made something out of Lashley (assuming he had chosen State originally).

Apoplectic
11-07-2021, 09:44 PM
The country club is dead?..almost

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 09:47 PM
FWIW, Hevesy would have made something out of Lashley (assuming he had chosen State originally).

Catch 22 because hevesy was one of the reasons he didnt choose state.

Apoplectic
11-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Catch 22 because hevesy was one of the reasons he didnt choose state.

For once hev could have helped us here

MetEdDawg
11-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Mullen has one major problem right now. He has a QB problem that he can't solve because of his philosophy and he's allowed it to affect the entire team.

This UF season reminds me of our 2013 season. We had a pretty dang talented team. Go back and look at that team. We had a tough schedule but we should have been better than 6-6. But Mullen almost had us 3-9 that year.

I think there was growing dissension among the team and the fan base over Dak vs. Tyler and it bled onto the field and affected performance until Dak came in and took it over at the end of the year. Looks very similar in Gainesville right now n

We had no business going 6-6 that year, but I think the QB controversy has prevented Dan from paying attention to the whole team and it's shown cracks. That's why they look like garbage.

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 09:49 PM
For once hev could have helped us here

Lol sad but true

DownwardDawg
11-07-2021, 09:59 PM
Most of us on here said he'd be gone in 4-5 years and it really wasn't hard to predict. He's a good coach not elite and while he'll have winning seasons pretty much every year he's never gonna put up 11-12 win years consistently. That won't work at uf.

Winner

HoopsDawg
11-07-2021, 10:09 PM
Wow. Mullen sells out a long time buddy to save his own ass. Respect..gone.

StarkVegasSteve
11-07-2021, 10:15 PM
Dan making the move on Hev tells me all I need to know about the situation in Gainesville. I thought Dan was probably safe barring a complete meltdown, but him firing Hev tells me that he more than likely needs to win out to keep his job.

trojandawg
11-07-2021, 10:16 PM
Same in 2016 is why we lost to south Alabama

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:19 PM
This is exactly how I wish MSU had handled Dan after the 2015 season. Like a real athletic department. Your friends don't want to recruit Dan? Well guess what? Either they go or you both go. And I see that Dan still doesn't understand that they have to actually perform for him to get a "better" job.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Dan making the move on Hev tells me all I need to know about the situation in Gainesville. I thought Dan was probably safe barring a complete meltdown, but him firing Hev tells me that he more than likely needs to win out to keep his job.

This tells me that Dan is willing to make changes to keep his job there. Unless this is their big boosters giving Hevesy and Grantham the middle finger which is possible.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:25 PM
Florida is obviously a shit show this year but if they fire Mullen that will be the second coach in a row that Florida fires a year after winning the division.
It all boils down to what I refer to as the "Saban Effect". Since Bama hired Saban look how many coaches have come and gone in the SEC and what their salaries have grown to. A lot of money has been wasted trying to find a multi millionaire who started as a grad assistant sleeping on a couch in the coaching office and expect them to have that same drive because you decided to pay them even more millions. There's only one Saban.
At least with Leach we know he's an oddball and not 100% focused on football.

The truth is Dan never really was Florida caliber as a coach. He simply does not recruit well enough and while he is a good coach he is not going to beat many people that have better talent than his team. He has his personal beliefs that limit him-such as playing upperclassmen no matter what and that jades his view of what his team is.

HoopsDawg
11-07-2021, 10:26 PM
This tells me that Dan is willing to make changes to keep his job there. Unless this is their big boosters giving Hevesy and Grantham the middle finger which is possible.

Stricklin doesn't have the stones to force Dan to make this move. Pretty sad that Dan bent over. Just take the firing. You are rich. And you can go coach TCU or Texas Tech.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Absolutely we should take him on staff if he wants to come back as an analyst.

Coach34
11-07-2021, 10:30 PM
Tough spot. If Mullen does survive- who will take the DC job knowing Mullen is likely a lame duck in 2022?

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Stricklin doesn't have the stones to force Dan to make this move. Pretty sad that Dan bent over. Just take the firing. You are rich. And you can go coach TCU or Texas Tech.

No doubt this isn't Stricklin making the move. This is coming from their major boosters. Same with Hevesy and Grantham. I don't think this was Dan's decision at all. Hevesy is an asshole but I am sure some of Florida's boosters are just as big of an asshole if not bigger than Hevesy.

My biggest issue with Hevesy is he is lazy. And that probably pissed their boosters off too. I think it's funny that he thought that a mall and a Florida logo would just recruit for him. What an idiot.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Tough spot. If Mullen does survive- who will take the DC job knowing Mullen is likely a lame duck in 2022?

Peter Sirmon.**

Actually probably someone that wants their hat in the ring for the Florida job. Which I'm sure would be awkward.

BeardoMSU
11-07-2021, 10:40 PM

Manny Diaz, lol.

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 10:47 PM

Here's the problem, nobody is going to consistently put up 11-12 wins there. Or anywhere. Bama does it w saban but when he leaves the next guy is screwed. The standard at these places Is so high and can't be met. Not defending Dan this year. But otherwise he's been really good there. But one bad year and yatzee

Homedawg
11-07-2021, 10:47 PM
The country club is dead?..almost

Knox is next

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 10:51 PM
Here's the problem, nobody is going to consistently put up 11-12 wins there. Or anywhere. Bama does it w saban but when he leaves the next guy is screwed. The standard at these places Is so high and can't be met. Not defending Dan this year. But otherwise he's been really good there. But one bad year and yatzee

Yep, this is what the blue bloods expect. They want instant results and they want them every single year or you're done. They don't expect rebuilding years at these places. When a coach takes a job at one of these schools he has to understand that's part of the deal. You get money, prestige and power as long as you're winning big.

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Yep, this is what the blue bloods expect. They want instant results and they want them every single year or you're done. They don't expect rebuilding years at these places. When a coach takes a job at one of these schools he has to understand that's part of the deal. You get money, prestige and power as long as you're winning big.

Hell, Saban can?t lose a game without the Gumps losing their minds and speculating who they need to hire to extend the dynasty. If there?s anyone deserving of a lifetime contract, it?s him.

Fader21
11-07-2021, 11:01 PM
HEV unfollowed both Dan and Megan. He must be pissed.

calidawg
11-07-2021, 11:03 PM

15 years together and he gets canned mid season.

calidawg
11-07-2021, 11:06 PM
As others have said, this was predictable and it's over. Dan will do well at TCU, or some other mid level team or try and restart in the NFL. He's a lame duck at UF at this point. He'll be gone by end of season

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 11:08 PM
Hell, Saban can?t lose a game without the Gumps losing their minds and speculating who they need to hire to extend the dynasty. If there?s anyone deserving of a lifetime contract, it?s him.

Yeah it's actually gotten pretty ridiculous with peoples expectations. I actually heard Saban say that winning each week was more of a relief than a joy because of the expectations.

Fader21
11-07-2021, 11:19 PM
15 years together and he gets canned mid season.

Technically 20 years together. They worked together starting in 01 at BG

vindastra
11-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Geoff Collins*

Todd4State
11-08-2021, 12:09 AM

But it's not just that. I think they're upset with him looking around, catering to his friends, poor recruiting, and all of the other things that made MSU fans mad. In addition to the losing. They know that they are not going to compete with his recruiting with the way Georgia is going and Tennessee could pass them very soon. They've been beaten by Kentucky twice now and South Carolina. They could and should legitimately be doing better and I think they're trying to keep things from falling off the rails.

Yeah it's actually gotten pretty ridiculous with peoples expectations. I actually heard Saban say that winning each week was more of a relief than a joy because of the expectations.

If Saban feels that way that tells me he probably won't be coaching much longer. I would imagine that once you've been to the top of the mountain as much as he has it just isn't as exciting as it once was. We'll see how the future plays out.

Todd4State
11-08-2021, 12:11 AM

Hevesy blocked me on Twitter even though I had never tweeted anything at him personally. Definitely have criticized him moreso on message boards.

parabrave
11-08-2021, 01:06 AM
I don?t know exactly what has happened at Florida but Grantham is a good defensive football coach. As for Dan he is going to excel places with middle of the road expectations. Like state, South Carolina, ole miss, and places like that. Because he can find diamonds in the rough type kids. . He can?t recruit well enough to excel at lower end programs like vandy, Kansas, and duke or to compete against big boys so he he wouldn?t fit at a place like Florida, Georgia, Texas, or Oklahoma type places. Put him at wake, MSU, mich state, Iowa state, Kansas state and such and watch him excel.

Has anyone else noticed that the level of physicality in the Florida players has gone downhill just as in the Texas players. It's just not the Gators but also FSU and the U. What is the major type of Schemes are the high schools playing there? It seems that if you want big strong physical players you go to Louisiana Alabama or Georgia now.

TUSK
11-08-2021, 01:30 AM

I believe that's an old quote (I don't know if he's sad it recently)... He seems to have more fun and loosen up more each season based on my observations...

He's prolly got ~5 more years in him, IMO.... ETA - that roster is gonna be loaded next year, too....

NCDawg
11-08-2021, 01:49 AM
Absolutely we should take him on staff if he wants to come back as an analyst.

Provided it is acceptable to Arnett.

Apoplectic
11-08-2021, 03:01 AM
Today is nothing compared to following a loss at home to FSU after losing on the road at zou

Offshore Dawg
11-08-2021, 08:51 AM
I believe that's an old quote (I don't know if he's sad it recently)... He seems to have more fun and loosen up more each season based on my observations...

He's prolly got ~5 more years in him, IMO.... ETA - that roster is gonna be loaded next year, too....

Bama does get their money's worth.

thf24
11-08-2021, 09:17 AM

That's pretty sorry on Hev's part. Mullen's stuck by him for over a decade despite the presence of a consistently large group of relevant individuals unsatisfied with his job performance. He's lived in this world long enough that he should know how the game is played, and he's lucky Mullen isn't most other coaches who would have scapegoated him ten years ago.

Johnson85
11-08-2021, 09:52 AM
Wow. Mullen sells out a long time buddy to save his own ass. Respect..gone.

No huge Mullen fan, but Hevesy made his own bed here. He was constantly a dick and costing them recruits (like he did at MSU) and the way he saved his job was by being good enough at coaching players up to make up for the hit to recruiting. He stopped living up to his end of the bargain this year. After leading the SEC in rushing the first half of the year, they have fallen off a cliff. Not sure if it's injuries or players just quitting on him, but you can't run a power spread offense if you can't run the ball.

Johnson85
11-08-2021, 09:54 AM

Shows you how pissed UF is about recruiting. They'd rather hurt this season than let Hev near recruits anymore.

Commercecomet24
11-08-2021, 09:54 AM

Oh it's from several years ago but it just shows how much even he has to deal with unrealistic expectations.

Johnson85
11-08-2021, 09:59 AM
The truth is Dan never really was Florida caliber as a coach. He simply does not recruit well enough and while he is a good coach he is not going to beat many people that have better talent than his team. He has his personal beliefs that limit him-such as playing upperclassmen no matter what and that jades his view of what his team is.

You're selling Dan short here. Dan is not going to beat people with in game coaching. He's going to beat them with preparation and development, and he'll absolutely win games against teams with better talent. But with a few exceptions, you generally know where his team is and how they should perform against other teams that you have an idea of how good they are.

Of course, that's all gone out the window as of late last year. Not sure if he's just lost the locker room or if he's just burnt out and not coaching the same.

Also, it's funny to me that his first year he did seem like an ingame coach. Playcalling seemed great. But once he got his system in and his type QB, it got very predictable quickly.

Johnson85
11-08-2021, 10:02 AM
That's pretty sorry on Hev's part. Mullen's stuck by him for over a decade despite the presence of a consistently large group of relevant individuals unsatisfied with his job performance. He's lived in this world long enough that he should know how the game is played, and he's lucky Mullen isn't most other coaches who would have scapegoated him ten years ago.

^^^THIS^^^ Nobody else would have put up with Hevesy's recruiting and just let him coach for this long. Not many places going to let him skimp on recruiting and let him treat his players like shit. Can't argue with the development of the players that respond to it, but a lot of players just won't respond to it. And now that there is a transfer portal without penalty, I suspect Hevesy's approach is going to be completely unsustainable.