PDA

View Full Version : Auburn -5

TrapGame
11-07-2021, 02:52 PM
Vegas Insider.

I expect this game to go along the lines of Arkansas. It will be tight late in the 4th.

MetEdDawg
11-07-2021, 02:55 PM
I'm beginning to think that under Mike Leach we will be competitive in virtually every game.

Bama blew us out. But we've been in every single game we've played other than that one. It's gonna be close.

For those playing at home, this is the same line open we had against Arkansas this past week.

Hambone
11-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Look, I know at some point we have to make the plays, BUT it’s so infuriating knowing that if we just had a consistent, competent kicker we would be 8-1 right now.

SO aggravating

LC Dawg
11-07-2021, 03:17 PM
Auburn beat Arkansas in Fayetteville. They had a fumble recovery for a td and also had a long td pass. If we lose the turnover battle and/or give up a long td we will lose Saturday.
Also, even though Auburn's offense looked bad against A&M yesterday their defense did not give up a td.
We'll have to play very well to win.
Arkansas was the aggressor early yesterday and it hurt us. We need to be the aggressor Saturday because it's an 11 o'clock kickoff and Auburn may not be as into it early after yesterday's loss.

Maverick91
11-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Look, I know at some point we have to make the plays, BUT it’s so infuriating knowing that if we just had a consistent, competent kicker we would be 8-1 right now.

SO aggravating

I think the “what could be” take is the most aggravating take that we as fans have to swallow. It hurts so much!

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 04:11 PM

SO aggravating

Yep leach has to get that fixed. We finally get a stud kicker from the portal and now he is perpetually injured. Typical.

PikeDawg15
11-07-2021, 04:14 PM
People forget that we also missed 3 field goals against A&M.... These games shouldn't have even been close and we have kept teams in the game and yesterday it cost us and against LSU it cost us.

Bothrops
11-07-2021, 04:59 PM
I expect Auburn to start strong and get up 14-0 or so, early. We come back and play better in the second half but Auburn wins by 8-10 points.

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 05:05 PM
I expect Auburn to start strong and get up 14-0 or so, early. We come back and play better in the second half but Auburn wins by 8-10 points.

I could see this. We need a fast start to have a chance. Have started like trash last 2 weeks.

PendingTransaction
11-07-2021, 05:15 PM
We will beat the by 13! Bet straight up and make some real money. You can buy me a steak later.

R2Dawg
11-07-2021, 08:24 PM

We must come out taking some gambles in 11am kick at Aub. What do we have to lose? We ain't winning SECW, we will already be in a bowl. Play to win, take some chances and take the fight to Aub. If we don't, we'll lose bad potentially.

TrapGame
11-07-2021, 08:43 PM
We must come out taking some gambles in 11am kick at Aub. What do we have to lose? We ain't winning SECW, we will already be in a bowl. Play to win, take some chances and take the fight to Aub. If we don't, we'll lose bad potentially.

Is Derrick Mason going to drop 8 or trust his edge rushers?

parabrave
11-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Hell I'll take that bet

Extendedcab
11-08-2021, 03:45 PM

SO aggravating

What about if we had honest/competent refs?

Jack Lambert
11-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Believe and say what you want but the game was won on the 4th and 1 play. We should not have even been kicking the ball a few minutes later. State did what they had to do in order to win but the Ref's took it away. Bottom Line!

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2021, 04:49 PM
I genuinely think we break through in this game - the team is probably 10 times more pissed than we are. We have been right there all season - we win out from here.

msstate7
11-08-2021, 04:51 PM
I genuinely think we break through in this game - the team is probably 10 times more pissed than we are. We have been right there all season - we win out from here.

Auburn is still playing for Atlanta. They'll be ready too

Maverick91
11-08-2021, 05:17 PM

I hope you are right!

NCDawg
11-08-2021, 06:23 PM
Auburn beat Arkansas in Fayetteville. They had a fumble recovery for a td and also had a long td pass. If we lose the turnover battle and/or give up a long td we will lose Saturday.
Also, even though Auburn's offense looked bad against A&M yesterday their defense did not give up a td.
We'll have to play very well to win.
Arkansas was the aggressor early yesterday and it hurt us. We need to be the aggressor Saturday because it's an 11 o'clock kickoff and Auburn may not be as into it early after yesterday's loss.

We need to get pressure on Nix. He's a better passer and runner than Jefferson. If we give him as much time as we gave Jefferson, I'm afraid we are going to be in a lot of trouble.

OLJWales
11-08-2021, 07:53 PM
This line concerns me... Are there any Catholic Degenerates out there who could splain this?

PikeDawg15
11-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Honestly, I expect for Good Bo to show up so not too mad about probably losing Saturday.

Ill be estastic with an egg bowl and a trip to the texas bowl to possibly play the longhorns and get a picture of mike leach doing horns down

msstate7
11-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Honestly, I expect for Good Bo to show up so not too mad about probably losing Saturday.

Ill be estastic with an egg bowl and a trip to the texas bowl to possibly play the longhorns and get a picture of mike leach doing horns down

Man, I'd sign up for this right now

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Just to update:

Vegas Insider has AU -4 now. However, it looks most of the others have AU -51/2

As long as we play as hard as we did Saturday and still lose by a few points, I'm good.

msstate7
11-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Just to update:

As long as we play as hard as we did Saturday and still lose by a few points, I'm good.

Think you reading that wrong. First column is opening line... all others are current at difference books

TrapGame
11-09-2021, 02:42 PM
Think you reading that wrong. First column is opening line... all others are current at difference books

But AU didn't open at -4 on Vegas Insider. I can see it going to 51/2 though. That opening line was -5.

This is why I don't gamble.

Maverick91
11-09-2021, 02:43 PM
Just to update:

So you are telling me there is a chance?

BulldogBear
11-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Auburn is still playing for Atlanta. They'll be ready too

I doubt it. Big game last week and then the X factor. No matter what the circumstances, there is no sec member that takes MSU less seriously than Auburn does, and it's not even close.

parabrave
11-10-2021, 02:05 AM
This line concerns me... Are there any Catholic Degenerates out there who could splain this?

You have to specify Jesuits, they're the math wizards! But my guess is 3 for the home field and 2 for 3-2.

OLJWales
11-10-2021, 07:43 AM
You have to specify Jesuits, they're the math wizards! But my guess is 3 for the home field and 2 for 3-2.

I was thinking we were home. That splains it. Thanks.

EtA...lol at Jesuit reference

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2021, 09:57 AM
Auburn is better than Arkansas.

CarolinaDawgs
11-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Auburn is better than Arkansas.

Any other great analysis you can offer? I'm dying to here more.

BeardoMSU
11-10-2021, 11:18 AM
Any other great analysis you can offer? I'm dying to here more.
Both Arkansas and Alabama start with the letter "A".***

R2Dawg
11-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Is Derrick Mason going to drop 8 or trust his edge rushers?

Not sure, I bet he does some. I think he gets after our QB too. Puts his speed rusher around Lashley a lot. How we deal with that may tell the game. I think we should chip block a RB and then leak RB into flats. LB will not be watching the RB at first, could also give LB an inside crossing route to deal with at same time. Gives Rogers time to scan field and then leaking RB is open for good dump down. This is how I'd counter good rush ends.

PendingTransaction
11-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Not sure, I bet he does some. I think he gets after our QB too. Puts his speed rusher around Lashley a lot. How we deal with that may tell the game. I think we should chip block a RB and then leak RB into flats. LB will not be watching the RB at first, could also give LB an inside crossing route to deal with at same time. Gives Rogers time to scan field and then leaking RB is open for good dump down. This is how I'd counter good rush ends.

I think you are dead on. Our key to scoring and out scoring AU rest in the ability to keep pressure off of Will long enough to get the ball 12 -15 yards down the field. Heavy pressure has shown to really affect his ability to progress through his reads, resulting in sacks or a bunch of 2 yard check downs (see Bama game). The Ol will have to be at its best and the backs will have to help and pickup the occasional blitzes. Derrick will have a good plan. He had a good one last year just didn't have the athletes. But AU can be really good upfront.

TrapGame
11-10-2021, 05:08 PM
I think you are dead on. Our key to scoring and out scoring AU rest in the ability to keep pressure off of Will long enough to get the ball 12 -15 yards down the field. Heavy pressure has shown to really affect his ability to progress through his reads, resulting in sacks or a bunch of 2 yard check downs (see Bama game). The Ol will have to be at its best and the backs will have to help and pickup the occasional blitzes. Derrick will have a good plan. He had a good one last year just didn't have the athletes. But AU can be really good upfront.

Mason wasn't DC at Auburn last year. But, the point remains, does he bring more pressure or let Will cut up his defense with a thousand paper cuts? It's going to be interesting to see how Mason plans against the AR.

Dak Holliday
11-10-2021, 10:05 PM
Mason wasn't DC at Auburn last year. But, the point remains, does he bring more pressure or let Will cut up his defense with a thousand paper cuts? It's going to be interesting to see how Mason plans against the AR.

No, he was the reason the Vandy game was so close.

TrapGame
11-11-2021, 09:46 AM

No, we couldn't stop Vandy's offense for some reason. We moved the ball on Vandy pretty well. That was also Will's first start.

msstate7
11-11-2021, 09:53 AM
No, we couldn't stop Vandy's offense for some reason. We moved the ball on Vandy pretty well. That was also Will's first start.

We had 204 total yards last year vs vandy

TrapGame
11-11-2021, 10:53 AM

On Will's first start. And we won.

msstate7
11-11-2021, 10:57 AM
On Will's first start. And we won.

Ok, but that isn't "moved the ball on vandy pretty well". It's actually quite horrible. It has no bearing on Saturday though.

TrapGame
11-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Ok, but that isn't "moved the ball on vandy pretty well". It's actually quite horrible. It has no bearing on Saturday though.

It has no bearing on Saturday just you being an obtuse asshole.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2021, 11:04 AM

Leach will put two RB in the game. The side the rush comes from, that RB will block and the other RB will be the safety back he can dump the ball off to.

PendingTransaction
11-11-2021, 01:12 PM

Ok. 17 it! Mason can't call a good defense and Will goes for 700 yards. Is that more in line with the acceptable narrative?

OLJWales
11-11-2021, 01:18 PM
Ok. 17 it! Mason can't call a good defense and Will goes for 700 yards. Is that more in line with the acceptable narrative?

A good start. Lol

Bothrops
11-12-2021, 03:58 AM
I doubt it. Big game last week and then the X factor. No matter what the circumstances, there is no sec member that takes MSU less seriously than Auburn does, and it's not even close.

Not according to how the last game down there developed. We ran out there and got hit in the face with a skillet.

PikeDawg15
11-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Egg bowl Prep begins tommorow at 4pm

State82
11-12-2021, 06:06 PM
Lee Sterling with Paramount Sports handicapping said this morning on the radio that the wrong team is favored.

OLJWales
11-12-2021, 07:35 PM
Lee Sterling with Paramount Sports handicapping said this morning on the radio that the wrong team is favored.

Wood and Wool Combined. What the hell would that even look like?

State82
11-12-2021, 08:25 PM
Wood and Wool Combined. What the hell would that even look like?
Ha! Someone with better basic computer skills than me will have to put that into visual images.

OLJWales
11-12-2021, 10:22 PM
Ha! Someone with better basic computer skills than me will have to put that into visual images.

If we beat AU, gotta come up with something, no?

BayouDawg
11-12-2021, 10:51 PM

We were also without most of our starting o line in that game due to covid protocols.

State82
11-12-2021, 11:18 PM
If we beat AU, gotta come up with something, no?
Yeah, I will commission it.