PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Thoughts

StarkVegasSteve
11-07-2021, 12:41 PM
So now that I have calmed a bit from last night I still think we are going to be ok:

1. We have to find a kicker ASAP. I could care less if that kicker is on the roster or we have to go to the 8 AM walking and jogging class at the Sanderson. Find someone who can at least make a 40 yd FG.

2. I was wrong about Will. Maybe not wrong about arm strength or his ability to throw the deep ball but in the words of Joc Pederson, ?He is that MFer?. I saw some Baker Mayfield F you in him today. I feel good going to war with Will any day of the week. And yes I would have put the ball in his hands with two seconds to go. I have faith he can make that throw with the game on the line.

3. We have to be able to get to the QB when we have 3rd and medium to long. I thought we did better yesterday but we still were not getting near enough pressure to speed Jefferson up yesterday.

4. Our receiver room is as talented as it has ever been. Makai Polk is just a dude. Amazing how misused he was at Cal. And now we have an emergence of RaRa. That kid is going to be a stud. Add in there possession guys in Ford, Williams, and the 2 RBs and it starts to get stupid the amount of talent we are stockpiling at that position.

5. The officials screwed us but just like against Memphis we put ourselves in the situation to be able to let them decide the game by not showing up for the first 25 minutes of the first half.

6. Find a way to get to 7 wins. It will not be easy but all 3 of our remaining games are winnable. Just go 2-1 and get to a bowl so that we can get to 8 wins and get momentum heading into next year.

Bothrops
11-07-2021, 02:37 PM
Will was very very good I'm the second half. Just need a few more hosses up front on D and we'd be fine.

Catfish
11-07-2021, 02:40 PM
This team is so much better now, getting better every week. Bright future.

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 02:40 PM
Positives:
After starting slow we showed resolve on the road and that shows leadership and growth
Offense has been getting more consistent

Negatives:
Defensive line got pushed around
Slow start by the offense
Special teams are special Ed

TrapGame
11-07-2021, 02:46 PM
We need to hit the portal for defensive guys that fit Arnett's scheme and a kicker.

Might need a new special teams coach. Probably could get Dan to do it. He'll be available I'm sure.**

Coach34
11-07-2021, 03:12 PM
UPig Relf going 19-23 passing is absolutely the most surprising stat from yesterday

QuadrupleOption
11-07-2021, 03:33 PM
UPig Relf going 19-23 passing is absolutely the most surprising stat from yesterday

Yep, and it seemed like he got 8 of those on their last drive. That 5 yard out route on the edge we couldn't stop.

QuadrupleOption
11-07-2021, 03:35 PM
My thoughts:
1) Offense has to learn to come out firing on all cylinders. The lack of sustained drives in the first half cost us the game.
2) Special Teams has to improve. Missing 3 field goals cost us the game.
3) We need better coverage/players/coaching in the secondary. Letting them carve us up (especially in the 2nd half) cost us the game.

Point is, better play in any of the 3 facets and we probably win yesterday. MSU and Arkansas are mirror images of each other right now, they just made a couple of extra plays and we didn't.

Doggie_Style
11-07-2021, 04:00 PM
We need to hit the portal for defensive guys that fit Arnett's scheme and a kicker.

Might need a new special teams coach. Probably could get Dan to do it. He'll be available I'm sure.**

and remember 'Dan Luuuuuuuuves Starksville'........LOL

DAWG1903
11-07-2021, 04:15 PM
This team is improving each week! And we have a real shot at beating Auburn. How many times have we watched a MSU team come out like the last two weeks, only to fold and not get off the mat. This team did not do that - they did not quit and with roughly 22 seconds remaining they drove down the field to give us a chance to win. I really like the direction of this team and think we win out.

thf24
11-07-2021, 04:30 PM
We are faster starts on offense and consistency on defense away from being a NY6 team.

The struggles in coverage are a little baffling to me. The numbers may say otherwise, but it seems like Arnett was better there last year with only a room of box safeties to work with for most of the season.

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 04:41 PM
We played good football. When we atleast show that we will run the ball, it helps tremendously. Will played very well. He is made for this system and has started putting us in position to win games. As far as the slow starts, it almost seems like we spend the first third of the game trying to figure out how they?re playing us. This is typically reserved for film room, not so much in game, but we are figuring some of it out. Still not a fan of one dimensional football schemes, but we should have won this one. Onto Aubbie. Let?s play like we have nothing to lose because we really don?t.

PendingTransaction
11-07-2021, 05:03 PM
I've seen enough. We will win out!!!! Get your bets in and pay for an awesome Christmas.

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 05:10 PM

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
I laugh more than I?d like to admit every time you call him that.

WPS
11-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Like button push ������������
I laugh more than I?d like to admit every time you call him that.

Not a great comparison though no matter how many times it's said lol. Jefferson's passing stats blow Relf's out of the water in every single category. Relf was probably the slightly better runner though.

confucius say
11-08-2021, 11:56 AM
The most surprising stats to me were KJ having only 14 yards rushing on 11 carries. And that we had a lot more yards per pass attempt than Ark.

And lost.

Dak Holliday
11-08-2021, 01:23 PM
Not a great comparison though no matter how many times it's said lol. Jefferson's passing stats blow Relf's out of the water in every single category. Relf was probably the slightly better runner though.

It?s not spot on, but for some reason it hits with me. I think Relf did and KJ will overachieve to a certain degree without being as highly regarded as they probably should be.

Lord McBuckethead
11-08-2021, 01:29 PM
and remember 'Dan Luuuuuuuuves Starksville'........LOL

It would do Dan a world of good to come in and be an analyst behind Mike Leach. Maybe he can learn something about passing offenses.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2021, 01:53 PM

plus Chris Relf had HEART and it showed

parabrave
11-08-2021, 02:41 PM
The most surprising stats to me were KJ having only 14 yards rushing on 11 carries. And that we had a lot more yards per pass attempt than Ark.

And lost.

One major problem was we couldn't stop Burks from making big plays when we needed to.