PDA

View Full Version : The future is bright...

PikeDawg15
11-07-2021, 10:23 AM
Even in a loss I am fully bought in with the Leach era at Mississippi state. We are going to win a lot of ball games in the future once Leach gets his guys into this system.

We have a chance to win out the rest of our games this year.

Hail State.

Maverick91
11-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Completely agreed! I like the fact that we should be 7-2 right now, even in the Memphis and Arkansas games we played bad and didn’t execute in all phases of the game we were still in position to win and should have won without flagrant reffing issues. That’s exciting! Auburn is good and we can beat them. It’s a tough task but honestly I don’t think it’s going to be any tougher that we the team faced yesterday. If we come out and not give up 10 freaking points, it should be a good four quarter game.

PikeDawg15
11-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Completely agreed! I like the fact that we should be 7-2 right now, even in the Memphis and Arkansas games we played bad and didn?t execute in all phases of the game we were still in position to win and should have won without flagrant reffing issues. That?s exciting! Auburn is good and we can beat them. It?s a tough task but honestly I don?t think it?s going to be any tougher that we the team faced yesterday. If we come out and not give up 10 freaking points, it should be a good four quarter game.

if we had a kicker we would be 8-1

The same way that Lane Kiffin doesn't trust his defense, Mike Leach does not trust his special teams

BayouDawg
11-07-2021, 06:40 PM
I think we are definitely heading in the right direction. 7-5 and an egg bowl win is a must now. 6-6 and an egg bowl loss will not feel like a success.

PikeDawg15
11-07-2021, 06:45 PM
I think we are definitely heading in the right direction. 7-5 and an egg bowl win is a must now. 6-6 and an egg bowl loss will not feel like a success.

This is the most important egg bowl maybe since 2014

Hopefully that A&M defense puts a beating on corral next week

Dawgology
11-07-2021, 07:51 PM
Yes I think Leach will work out as well. We are competitive in pretty much every game but Bama so far. Get ST shored up and it will pay dividends down the road. I’m afraid next season will be another 6-6 season just due to schedule but I look for us to really make some noise in 2023 (Will’s Junior year).

PikeDawg15
11-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Yes I think Leach will work out as well. We are competitive in pretty much every game but Bama so far. Get ST shored up and it will pay dividends down the road. I?m afraid next season will be another 6-6 season just due to schedule but I look for us to really make some noise in 2023 (Will?s Junior year).

I thought that at first but tbh, it may could be a good year.

Bama will be bama
Georgia is coming to starkville and the NFL draft will take a lot of their current players and kirby is no saban...

LSU will be with a first year coach but they will still be a good squad

we get auburn (possibly with a first year coach because harsin ain't getting vaxxed) at home

we get Arkansas at home

we get a&m at home

ole miss is looking like they will be the worst team in the west next year depending on if they get a QB transfer ( not mentioning kiffin may be gone)

so ya never know... This season could've been a lot different but we gotta finish strong

PendingTransaction
11-07-2021, 10:17 PM
Leach will get the rest of his guys in December. We will win the west next year!!!

Maverick91
11-08-2021, 08:48 AM
Leach will get the rest of his guys in December. We will win the west next year!!!

I am the biggest sunshine and rainbows person. But, I am going to need you to bring this train back to the station and wait just a little bit longer until you go riding off into the sunset.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2021, 08:49 AM
Gotta find some pass rushers

thf24
11-08-2021, 09:25 AM
I am the biggest sunshine and rainbows person. But, I am going to need you to bring this train back to the station and wait just a little bit longer until you go riding off into the sunset.

I don't think it's terribly far-fetched. We're decent special teams play away from being 8-1 and right in the mix this year, and we've got the better home/away cycle for the toss-up games next year. Worst part is we trade Vandy for Georgia, but that could be a winnable game at home if we fix special teams and keep improving everything else at the same rate.

Maverick91
11-08-2021, 09:40 AM
I don't think it's terribly far-fetched. We're decent special teams play away from being 8-1 and right in the mix this year, and we've got the better home/away cycle for the toss-up games next year. Worst part is we trade Vandy for Georgia, but that could be a winnable game at home if we fix special teams and keep improving everything else at the same rate.

Not disagreeing, just would like to see how we finish the season, recruiting, who returns and the transfer portal before we all jump on that train. I am firmly planted on the train that finished 9-3 and a NY6 bowl.

TrapGame
11-08-2021, 09:57 AM
Not disagreeing, just would like to see how we finish the season, recruiting, who returns and the transfer portal before we all jump on that train. I am firmly planted on the train that finished 9-3 and a NY6 bowl.

Upgrade our DL, OL and kicker from the portal and 8-4/9-3 is very doable.

New coach at LSU.
Possibly a new coach at OM.
Very good chance Sam Pittman has a new OC and DC.

Maverick91
11-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Upgrade our DL, OL and kicker from the portal and 8-4/9-3 is very doable.

New coach at LSU.
Possibly a new coach at OM.
Very good chance Sam Pittman has a new OC and DC.

Yeah, there is a lot at play here. Could really set us up to make a jump from mid bottom feeder to contender.

PikeDawg15
11-08-2021, 01:10 PM
Yeah, there is a lot at play here. Could really set us up to make a jump from mid bottom feeder to contender.

Kiffin or No kiffin Ole miss is 7th in the west next year.. Their whole team is gone

hopefully LSU effs up and hires a bad coach

Pittman is only as good as his Coordinators and that team is losing a lot too

We are probably going to be the only team besides Alabama in the west that has a very similar team next year to what we have this year

Homedawg
11-08-2021, 08:14 PM
I thought that at first but tbh, it may could be a good year.

Bama will be bama
Georgia is coming to starkville and the NFL draft will take a lot of their current players and kirby is no saban...

LSU will be with a first year coach but they will still be a good squad

we get auburn (possibly with a first year coach because harsin ain't getting vaxxed) at home

we get Arkansas at home

we get a&m at home

ole miss is looking like they will be the worst team in the west next year depending on if they get a QB transfer ( not mentioning kiffin may be gone)

so ya never know... This season could've been a lot different but we gotta finish strong

Ga has the second most talent in the country and it isn't changing. Reload. They willl be stacked that year too...
How do you k ow harson isn't vaccinated? Bc he won't say he is.... so leach isn't then too. Bc he won't say he is...what's the difference??