ShotgunDawg
11-07-2021, 12:07 AM
https://twitter.com/scottynabs/status/1457172686875021313?s=21

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2021, 12:08 AM
https://twitter.com/sagafood/status/1457128216725008389?s=21

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 12:13 AM
IF we want to do something then Cohen and MSU need to be on the forefront of advocating for NCAA officials and doing away with conference officials altogether. Also having all plays subject to review and not just some calls. Also we need to advocate for press conferences for officials and more transparency about fines for officials.

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 12:14 AM
Yep. Sec officiating is trash and getting worse not better. And these
aren't bang bang calls they're obvious.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2021, 12:14 AM
IF we want to do something then Cohen and MSU need to be on the forefront of advocating for NCAA officials and doing away with conference officials altogether. Also having all plays subject to review and not just some calls. Also we need to advocate for press conferences for officials and more transparency about fines for officials.

Not sure all that can be done but this is video evidence of a pathetic operation

BeardoMSU
11-07-2021, 12:17 AM

College Football needs to nut up and pay money for quality. At this point, SEC refs are essentially part time hobbyists...we want quality, we need to pay for it. The NFL is far from perfect, but they pay for quality and (mostly) hold them accountable.

parabrave
11-07-2021, 12:20 AM
There was another missed holding call on Piggies near the goaline on the last drive. Their right tackle mugged our guy.

Quaoarsking
11-07-2021, 12:29 AM

Absolutely. There are too many perverse incentives for the conferences (who get extra money if they can get more teams in the CFP or NY6) to make single conference officiating a good idea. Not that that specifically was happening today, but it's the #1 reason NCAA-wide officials are needed. #2 is that the refs just aren't very good and need to be a under a central authority.

BoomBoom
11-07-2021, 12:33 AM

Need a functioning replay system for bad calls. Hard to fault the SEC for that one though as no one has figured that out yet. But should not be so hard to have a qualified NON-BIASED official in a booth ready for a challenge to a bad holding call.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2021, 12:47 AM
Refs should be required to face the press after every game.

FriarsPoint
11-07-2021, 12:59 AM
Look. This shit is never going to change. Not from internal pressure anyway. The only way this will change is from external pressure. Well, guess what? The sec pretty much runs college football. It will NEVER change. Ever. Coach around it. Buy better players. Cheat better than they do. Quit being ****ing choir boys. Hell, look at our country. This is how people operate.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUSknqJMJkw&t=3s

basedog
11-07-2021, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure what can be done overall, seems it's gotten worse, look at high school, they aren't enough in Mississippi so they are playing more Thursday games.

I suppose you suspend some.

msstate7
11-07-2021, 08:55 AM
I'm sure they missed no calls on us that woulda favored ark. What a loser thread

WinningIsRelentless
11-07-2021, 10:07 AM
I'm sure they missed no calls on us that woulda favored ark. What a loser thread

I?ll remind you if that next time you complain about balls and strikes.

was21
11-07-2021, 10:11 AM
Bad calls by officiating crews are pretty much prevalent across the football horizon. Neither coaches nor players have any control over bad calls. On the other hand, both coaches and players DO have control over kicking field goals.

msstate7
11-07-2021, 10:14 AM
I?ll remind you if that next time you complain about balls and strikes.

I've blamed officiating for a loss 1 time in my life: 2018 nfc championship (no call PI vs saints). Being mad about bad officiating is one thing... crying about it and blaming officials for a loss is for losers. I was a loser in 2018 no matter how bad the call was... if brees completes an easy pass to Michael Thomas, we win

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2021, 10:32 AM

7 I understand being the tough guy but that holding call is atrocious

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Refs are told to not directly affect the outcome of a game, They are also told that if you have any doubt To leave the flag in your pocket?that did not happen yesterday.

FWIW, That official is the same one that Rogers hit on accident after the TD pass in the egg last year.

msstate7

I agree the call was bad, but the ark kid sold it. It happens. We still had a chance to stop them, and we still had a chance to send it to OT. We lost on our own

Dak Holliday
I've blamed officiating for a loss 1 time in my life: 2018 nfc championship (no call PI vs saints). Being mad about bad officiating is one thing... crying about it and blaming officials for a loss is for losers. I was a loser in 2018 no matter how bad the call was... if brees completes an easy pass to Michael Thomas, we win

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2021, 10:35 AM
And they 100 percent should have to face the press after games. They have 0 accountability for when they blow it and cheat a bunch of kids like he did yesterday

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2021, 10:36 AM
I agree the call was bad, but the ark kid sold it. It happens. We still had a chance to stop them, and we still had a chance to send it to OT. We lost on our own

I agree with some of that. The tackling was awful on the scramble Jefferson had. But if you cant look at that and wonder just a little bit then I cant help you. Again, officials job are to run the game, not directly affect the outcome

tcdog70
11-07-2021, 10:37 AM

It is a message board, where fans bitch and moan and brag. Loser thread? Come on Man—everything he posted pointed out a reason State lost. Nice thread if you ask Me.

WinningIsRelentless
11-07-2021, 10:59 AM

The worst call was the fall start on the goal line. Literally nothing else is going on and you miss that?

OLJWales
11-07-2021, 11:07 AM

You are brain dead and shat upon STATE.

Dak Holliday
11-07-2021, 11:14 AM
It is a message board, where fans bitch and moan and brag. Loser thread? Come on Man?everything he posted pointed out a reason State lost. Nice thread if you ask Me.

There is perspective. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
I get upset with the we are victims, blame the ref crowd and the eternal sunshine pumpers. Both are disillusioned and hard to be reasonable with.
You are correct, though, this is a place for this topic.

Apoplectic
11-07-2021, 11:27 AM
I thot we made 2 of the 3 FG attempts!!!! Damn officiating!!!!!

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2021, 11:47 AM
If we make our kicks it doesn't matter about the bad calls. If we don't get the bad calls it doesn't matter if we miss our kicks.

Ari Gold
11-07-2021, 11:56 AM
You can rarely say that a missed call or blown call cost you the game
In this case it did.

If its 4th down and the game is on the line you better make damn sure it’s a penalty no matter what the call , holding, dpi , opi , ect. That flag should have never even been though about coming out.
total bullshit call.. Another case of an official seeing something and assuming something happened
And to make it worse he called defensive holding .
It was a 100% blown call and in true SEC fashion nothing will be done about it

Also another oblivious DPI that was missed was the play on Heath in the back on the end zone. There was a reason MH tried to catch it on handed , his right arm was being pulled down.

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2021, 12:31 PM
You can rarely say that a missed call or blown call cost you the game
In this case it did.

If its 4th down and the game is on the line you better make damn sure it’s a penalty no matter what the call , holding, dpi , opi , ect. That flag should have never even been though about coming out.
total bullshit call.. Another case of an official seeing something and assuming something happened
And to make it worse he called defensive holding .
It was a 100% blown call and in true SEC fashion nothing will be done about it

Also another oblivious DPI that was missed was the play on Heath in the back on the end zone. There was a reason MH tried to catch it on handed , his right arm was being pulled down.

It's all about consistently to me. If you are going to let DPI go on the Heath play - then it can't be called on a play that's an obvious flop. If they had been calling ticky-tac PIs all game, I'd have no issue with the call on Emerson because it would have been in line with the way the game had been called.

It's like strike zones - I don't care if an ump has a wide strike zone as long as it works that way for both teams and stays the same through the whole game.

WinningIsRelentless
11-07-2021, 01:38 PM
It's all about consistently to me. If you are going to let DPI go on the Heath play - then it can't be called on a play that's an obvious flop. If they had been calling ticky-tac PIs all game, I'd have no issue with the call on Emerson because it would have been in line with the way the game had been called.

It's like strike zones - I don't care if an ump has a wide strike zone as long as it works that way for both teams and stays the same through the whole game.

Bingo

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 01:58 PM

It wasn't just that holding calls. There were 2 other missed calls on that last drive(holding on them and false start on the td), that affected the outcome. I'll give a ref a missed call here and there but 3 in 2 minutes is egregious and awful.

Bothrops
11-07-2021, 02:03 PM
The punch was a flagrant violation. The hold on Emerson was their token by the officials to get the victory, with first and goal and seconds remaining. SEC officiating has become as corrupt as SEC recruiting.

Bdawg
11-07-2021, 02:10 PM
I agree with some of that. The tackling was awful on the scramble Jefferson had. But if you cant look at that and wonder just a little bit then I cant help you. Again, officials job are to run the game, not directly affect the outcome

There was a bad holding on Wheat and a bad tackle on Brule is why he got loose too. 3 bad missed penalties within the last 25 yards at the end of the game. Refs can't be on the wrong side of calls play that big of part in the outcome. The rules are rules too. If it's a penalty, it should be called. Blatant misses and terrible anticipation calls should have consequences in a billion dollar industry.

Bdawg
11-07-2021, 02:17 PM
It wasn't just that holding calls. There were 2 other missed calls on that last drive(holding on them and false start on the td), that affected the outcome. I'll give a ref a missed call here and there but 3 in 2 minutes is egregious and awful.

Yep. Too big of a business and too many jobs on the line for this gross incompetence. Just imagine how we all would feel if we sitting here with only 2 losses instead of 4.

TrapGame
11-07-2021, 02:17 PM
The punch was a flagrant violation. The hold on Emerson was their token by the officials to get the victory, with first and goal and seconds remaining. SEC officiating has become as corrupt as SEC recruiting.

The refs in the Memphis game can go back and look at replay picking out every uncalled violation we made on ONE play. However, there's punches thrown on the sidelines and no one in the replay booth calls down and says "Hey, there's a flagrant unsportsman on Burks after the whistle on that play. You need to see this."

HoopsDawg
11-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Emerson should have taken his hands off of the receiver the second the receiver put his hands up.

Bdawg
11-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Emerson should have taken his hands off of the receiver the second the receiver put his hands up.

You can touch a guy. It's playing football. For all we know, he just barely had his had his on him just keeping up with him. Don't put any blame on Emerson for playing football. All on refs.

RiverCityDawg
11-07-2021, 03:21 PM
You can touch a guy. It's playing football. For all we know, he just barely had his had his on him just keeping up with him. Don't put any blame on Emerson for playing football. All on refs.

Exactly. It's only a penalty if Emerson grabs him and hinders him from evading him (which would include taking him down) and none of that happened. He had him covered like a blanket, we made the play to win, and the officials took it from us.

Maverick91
11-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Exactly. It's only a penalty if Emerson grabs him and hinders him from evading him (which would include taking him down) and none of that happened. He had him covered like a blanket, we made the play to win, and the officials took it from us.

Facts! And no one has brought up that on that play they held our D end horribly, at worst they should have offset those calls and replayed the down. Absolute screw job.

Percho
11-07-2021, 04:21 PM
There was another missed holding call on Piggies near the goaline on the last drive. Their right tackle mugged our guy.

Also go back and watch the throw to Heath in the back of the end zone. Held one arm on that play.

Ari Gold
11-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Emerson knew the route and play.. he jumped the route. Burke actually ran into him forcing the contact and when he tried to cut back outside he slipped and fell .
he wasn’t even close to a DPI or holding..

There was no reason to throw a flag there. None.. but nothing will be done about it.. and that same crew and ref will be run back out there this Saturday..

Ari Gold
11-07-2021, 04:27 PM

Oh they are consistent.. they are consistently bad and it usually happens to the same teams week in and week out..
Hell they almost over turned and waived off the DPI on Williams which was clearly a DPI . The defender got there early and played thru him.. one official almost talked the guy who threw the flag out of it ...

parabrave
11-07-2021, 04:30 PM
Hey Ari that penalty was the perfect example of a ref thinking he saw something and not actually seeing it.

Percho
11-07-2021, 04:30 PM

My turn. 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Ranchdawg
11-07-2021, 06:04 PM
I don?t have a looser mentality because I complain about officiating after a game where the officiating is unbelievable atrocious. I complain about officiating in other teams games. I?ve spent way too much money, time and effort going to games to have a 17?ing official decide the outcome of a game!

msstate7
11-07-2021, 06:09 PM
Dekete

Cooterpoot
11-07-2021, 06:16 PM
Here are pictures of all those at the SEC office that give a crap:

Commercecomet24
11-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Here are pictures of all those at the SEC office that give a crap:

Unfortunately true.