PDA

View Full Version : We almost beat a better team on their turf without a kicker and no pass rush

Bothrops
11-06-2021, 07:39 PM
It probably means we finish at the bottom of the west, but if we had a complete team, we could make some noise.

R2Dawg
11-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Yep, chalk up a moral victory.

As they say, we would be a NC team if we had better the players and coaches.

Bothrops
11-06-2021, 07:49 PM

Well we can't beat teams like Arkansas until we recruit better on defense

StarkVegasSteve
11-06-2021, 07:50 PM

We can beat teams like Arky all day long. We were screwed by our own ST and the officials.

Bothrops
11-06-2021, 07:51 PM
We can beat teams like Arky all day long. We were screwed by our own ST and the officials.

That would have to start next year because we 0-2 against them.

StarkVegasSteve
11-06-2021, 07:53 PM
That would have to start next year because we 0-2 against them.

True. Last year Costello cost us the game and this year Ruiz did. The PAC 12 needs to get the hell out of the SEC and stop costing us games***

R2Dawg
11-06-2021, 07:55 PM
Yep and a veteran HC Leach is 0-2 against first time HC that took over a dumpster fire. Leach took over a program with 9 or 10 straight bowls.

parabrave
11-06-2021, 07:55 PM
Speaking of Turf I see that Arky still has the crappiest Turf in the SEC,

Dak Holliday
11-06-2021, 08:48 PM

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2021, 09:07 PM
I don?t get the animosity towards this game. Their defense is set up perfectly against our offense and it is obvious two years in a row. The only difference is this year we started moving the ball pretty much all game except one quarter.

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 09:48 PM
I don?t get the animosity towards this game. Their defense is set up perfectly against our offense and it is obvious two years in a row. The only difference is this year we started moving the ball pretty much all game except one quarter.

Because 37 pts would have beaten 31 pts.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:01 PM
It probably means we finish at the bottom of the west, but if we had a complete team, we could make some noise.

Arkansas is not better than us

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:01 PM

We’re a good bit better than Arkansas. They needed things to happen to win

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:03 PM
Yep and a veteran HC Leach is 0-2 against first time HC that took over a dumpster fire. Leach took over a program with 9 or 10 straight bowls.

Are you really mad at Leach?

We’re on the cusp of putting together the offense in our schools history over the next 3 years.

What’s your beef?

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:03 PM
Because 37 pts would have beaten 31 pts.

28 should’ve been enough regardless of the misses. Defense let us down

Bdawg
11-06-2021, 10:18 PM

Have we won the last 7 out of 10? I think so

Bothrops
11-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Arkansas is not better than us

They have better defensive personnel. We have a slightly better offense.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:25 PM
They have better defensive personnel. We have a slightly better offense.

They don't have either. We're better on both sides of the ball. They're significantly better at kicker though

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 10:30 PM
They're significantly better at kicker though and punter and any other thing pertaining to special teams.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 10:36 PM
and punter and any other thing pertaining to special teams.

Yes, I'm pretty sure we're better on offense & defense & headed towards being significantly better than them

Arkansas used the off week to their advantage. They had trick plays ready & their defense prepared & we still should've beat them.

Final score could've easily been MSU 37 - Ark 21

Todd4State
11-06-2021, 11:04 PM
If they're better than why did they consider us their super bowl and why did they have to throw out every trick play in the book against us?

The only thing I didn't like about the offense was I thought we ran the ball too much in the first half. Once we started to go away from that we did some things.

Defense has to get better and kicker goes without saying.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2021, 11:06 PM
If they're better than why did they consider us their super bowl and why did they have to throw out every trick play in the book against us?

The only thing I didn't like about the offense was I thought we ran the ball too much in the first half. Once we started to go away from that we did some things.

Defense has to get better and kicker goes without saying.

Defense desperately needs a pass rusher

Todd4State
11-06-2021, 11:21 PM
Defense desperately needs a pass rusher

YES! We have a bunch of run stoppers. But we don't have anyone that really flashes on film on the front 6-7 outside of maybe Wheat. We miss Jordan Davis badly.

Bothrops
11-06-2021, 11:25 PM
They don't have either. We're better on both sides of the ball.

No. We are well coached on D, but have a talent deficit up front.

WPS
11-08-2021, 11:18 AM
They don't have either. We're better on both sides of the ball. They're significantly better at kicker though

Just not real sure how you can say that definitively. If anything the teams are pretty equal. Arkansas averages more points and yards per game offensively. I consider MSU the better defense as Arkansas gives up more yards per game but even then Arkansas gives up fewer points per game (barely).

Both teams are just a few points away from having a better record. If Arkansas converts the 2-point conversion against Ole Miss they're 7-2 and sitting in the top 15-20 while MSU could easily be 8-1.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Just not real sure how you can say that definitively. If anything the teams are pretty equal. Arkansas averages more points and yards per game offensively. I consider MSU the better defense as Arkansas gives up more yards per game but even then Arkansas gives up fewer points per game (barely).

Both teams are just a few points away from having a better record. If Arkansas converts the 2-point conversion against Ole Miss they're 7-2 and sitting in the top 15-20 while MSU could easily be 8-1.

We were pretty close to blowing you out if our kicker makes 3 FGs & the game is officiated on a fair level. Could've easily been a 37-17 MSU victory

Congrats on your win, but it wasn't really earned. More MSU beating themselves with missed FGs & some untimely bad calls. I mean, MSU technically won the game, but your WRs flopped. Congrats on that.

I'd prepare to get blown out next year in Starkville

msstate7
11-08-2021, 11:54 AM
We were pretty close to blowing you out if our kicker makes 3 FGs & the game is officiated on a fair level. Could've easily been a 37-17 MSU victory

Congrats on your win, but it wasn't really earned. More MSU beating themselves with missed FGs & some untimely bad calls. I mean, MSU technically won the game, but your WRs flopped. Congrats on that.

I'd prepare to get blown out next year in Starkville

Lol, sad post

msstate7
11-08-2021, 11:55 AM

Good post. Good game that didn't go our way. Could've easily went against you guys... couple middle of the pack teams

Maverick91
11-08-2021, 12:38 PM

Agreed, we stopped them on a 4th down play to win the game.

PikeDawg15
11-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Are you really mad at Leach?

We?re on the cusp of putting together the offense in our schools history over the next 3 years.

What?s your beef?

The haters don't see it.. They also do not remember the damn mess Moorhead left for us with a toxic locker room and quarterbacks getting punched in the face..
Leach had to fix the disaster Moorhead left behind

Also some just wanna suck off mullen on his plane ride back to starkville if they could

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Lol, sad post

Don't agree

RezDog7
11-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Good post. Good game that didn't go our way. Could've easily went against you guys... couple middle of the pack teams

Correct response. Attended the game in Fayetteville. Good crowd and nice stadium. The teams were pretty equal in my opinion. Nice bar scene after the game too.