PDA

View Full Version : This team is alot better than their record

Indndawg
11-06-2021, 06:46 PM
We're growing up and becoming a mature team. We gotta solve some of the ST issues. New coach or whatever. I want a bowl this year and next year we could explode.

Dawgology
11-06-2021, 06:48 PM
We're growing up and becoming a mature team. We gotta solve some of the ST issues. New coach or whatever. I want a bowl this year and next year we could explode.

No they aren’t. They have 4 losses and 3 of them are due to poor play and poor coaching. That’s the mark of a bad team.

Catfish
Agree, this team is better than their record.

VandelayIndustries
Next year schedule is rough but I hear ya, we have talent just can’t keep tripping over your d**k every game

FriarsPoint
11-06-2021, 06:49 PM
We’re a psychotic ball of neurosis wrapped in a riddle surrounded by an enigma.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2021, 06:51 PM
No they aren’t. They have 4 losses and 3 of them are due to poor play and poor coaching. That’s the mark of a bad team.

Couldn?t disagree more. We have 3 losses as a total of like 6 pts. Two of those games were outright dumb 17n ref calls. Memphis and now Ark. which our team should have won both if it wasn?t for terrible SEC officials and their calls.

Saltydog
11-06-2021, 06:55 PM
We're not gonna "explode" next year..........Losing three starting OL.......One of them a first rounder with no one to replace him......

SailingDawg
11-06-2021, 06:55 PM
Couldn?t disagree more. We have 3 losses as a total of like 6 pts. Two of those games were outright dumb 17n ref calls. Memphis and now Ark. which our team should have won both if it wasn?t for terrible SEC officials and their calls.

I?d rather compete than be blown out. I think we?re showing promise and I can?t wait for the Battle.

maroonmania
11-06-2021, 06:56 PM
Agree, this team is better than their record.

If we wore Crimson we would be at least 7-2. Wouldn't have lost the Memphis game or this game because the SEC refs would have made different calls.

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:01 PM
We were playing a very good Arkansas team, on the road, them coming off a bye week. This was their superbowl and we still fought to the bitter end.

The SEC West is a gauntlet, especially this year. Tons of teams better than their record and we are right in the mix.

Imagine if the players had the mentality that more than half of the posters on this forum. They would have stripped down and got on the bus after we were down 10-0. Unbelievable how emotional our fans get and they're not the ones putting it all on the line everyday.

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Blah, Blah Blah, I'm so tired of this shit. It's time to grow up and deliver by all involved.

CJDAWG85
11-06-2021, 07:14 PM
8-1 with decent Special Teams

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:15 PM
Blah, Blah Blah, I'm so tired of this shit. It's time to grow up and deliver by all involved.

We are growing up. Do you remember the offense last year?

Mjoelner34
11-06-2021, 07:16 PM
We're 8-1 with decent special teams play.
1. Memphis: Yeah, blown call but if we cover the ball, it never happens. Lose by 2.
2. LSU: 2 missed FG, leaping penalty that extended a drive where they got a TD. Lose by 3.
3. UK: Missed block in the back but still allowed punt return TD.
4. UPIG: 3 missed FG including a chipshot.

bulldawg28
11-06-2021, 07:17 PM

Agreed, we are exactly what the record says.

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 07:19 PM
We are growing up. Do you remember the offense last year?

A L is a L whether it is the offense or special teams. It is something all the time. A solid team covers all areas.

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:24 PM
A L is a L whether it is the offense or special teams. It is something all the time. A solid team covers all areas.

Growing. Not quite grown.

Lots of room to improve, but you can say that we have been competitive in every game other than Bama. (They would have punished anyone that weekend)

Of course I want us to win it all as bad as anyone, but we are in year 1.5 with Leach. I think a coach should get 3 years to rebuild a program and get his recruits in before calling for heads.

msstate7
11-06-2021, 07:26 PM
If we didn't have some bad plays, we'd be awesome!

Couldn't this be said for every team?

Dak Holliday
11-06-2021, 07:29 PM
I remember us laughing at OM and it?s moral victories. Now we are the ones claiming them. SMDH.

bobtail bob
11-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Good teams can make field goals. We are a team with a lot of holes

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Growing. Not quite grown.

Lots of room to improve, but you can say that we have been competitive in every game other than Bama. (They would have punished anyone that weekend)

Of course I want us to win it all as bad as anyone, but we are in year 1.5 with Leach. I think a coach should get 3 years to rebuild a program and get his recruits in before calling for heads.

Let's face it, asking 2 different kickers on a SEC team to make field goals that my kid's high school sophomore kicker makes 90% of the time is not unreasonable.

HoopsDawg
If we didn't have some bad plays, we'd be awesome!

Couldn't this be said for every team?

Yes, of course. But I actually think we can win with Leach. I didn't think that until after the UK and Arkansas games. If, and this is a big IF, he can sign top 23 classes.

MBDawg601
No such thing as morale victories. Acting as if we have not improved at all is completely different.

I am glad some of you don't make any decisions. We wouldn't have a program. This is across all sports. I am sure when baseball season rolls around if things do not go as well as expected people will be calling for Lemonis.

Unrealistic fans.

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 07:34 PM
No such thing as morale victories. Acting as if we have not improved at all is completely different.

I am glad some of you don't make any decisions. We wouldn't have a program. This is across all sports. I am sure when baseball season rolls around if things do not go as well as expected people will be calling for Lemonis.

Unrealistic fans.

Right back at you.

LC Dawg
11-06-2021, 07:34 PM
I don't think we're better than our record because we played the games. I do think the areas in which we failed in a few losses are easier to fix than other areas.

R2Dawg
11-06-2021, 07:35 PM

A lot of teams can say that so, so what? Still losing games we shouldn't in a bad way.

preachermatt83
11-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Good post. We are certainly an improved football team.

Percho
11-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Did No. 16 for Ark. throw two punches after a play was over?

Yes or No?

Percho
11-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Were those two punches more obvious than the late hold by No 1?

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Let's face it, asking 2 different kickers on a SEC team to make field goals that my kid's high school sophomore kicker makes 90% of the time is not unreasonable.

One is hurt? I guess? Not sure what is going on with Ruiz. The other was not ready for the situation. We just kind of put him out there and whiffed the snap.

I can't remember the last time we had a solid kick game, unfortunately. I believe Leach will right the ship. Probably a few ass chewings for the ST coach. It's not only kicking.. it's punting/coverage and our punt return game is non existent. You can see it's across the board. I don't think Leach likes mediocrity. Unless, he has lost his fire from his Ttech days.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2021, 07:41 PM
I don't think we're better than our record because we played the games. I do think the areas in which we failed in a few losses are easier to fix than other areas.

This.

RougeDawg
11-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Did No. 16 for Ark. throw two punches after a play was over?

Yes or No?

Pretty sure yes. Announcers even said it.

Some of the clowns here need to visit the eye dr. That?s why I took off 12 months. I cannot stand the flat out intentional stupidity. If you want to be stupid and be a completely unobjective asshat please stop logging in. You make my brain hurt.

This team is a few plays and bad calls away from being top 10. Anyone who can?t see that probably believes money printing doesn?t cause inflation. This place is almost as bad as Twitter with the flat out stupidity. Sometimes I think people intentionally post factually wrong things on purpose. But then I see the follow up posts. Holy shit it?s bad. Some of you need to check yourself and ask Siri to find reality for you.

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:49 PM

Some of the clowns here need to visit the eye dr. That?s why I took off 12 months. I cannot stand the flat out intentional stupidity. If you want to be stupid and be a completely unobjective asshat please stop logging in. You make my brain hurt.

This team is a few plays and bad calls away from being top 10. Anyone who can?t see that probably believes money printing doesn?t cause inflation. This place is almost as bad as Twitter with the flat out stupidity. Sometimes I think people intentionally post factually wrong things on purpose. But then I see the follow up posts. Holy shit it?s bad. Some of you need to check yourself and ask Siri to find reality for you.

We are the worst team in the SEC one play and need to scrap the entire program. Next play we are top of the world and in the hunt for a NC.

Comedic gold.

IMissJack
11-06-2021, 07:50 PM
Ok, could Leach not know that our punting team was inconsistent from the last 2 years and needs a replacement. I sure did. Did we just sit around and do nothing for a year concerning the punting game?

Dak Holliday
11-06-2021, 07:50 PM

Unrealistic fans.

And yet this thread is nothing but a string of begging people to see moral victories. We didn?t win, but, man, it wasn?t as bad as last time. We are dealing with college athletes that have been in this system almost 2 years, not the local travel baseball/football team.
I?m sure if any new baseball coach came in and said- we will take steps backwards for 2-3 years, but we will be competing after that, you?d be calling for his head.
Unrealistic fan.😂

msstate7
11-06-2021, 07:55 PM
Yes, of course. But I actually think we can win with Leach. I didn't think that until after the UK and Arkansas games. If, and this is a big IF, he can sign top 23 classes.

I agree. I've been impressed with us the last 2 weeks.

MBDawg601
11-06-2021, 07:56 PM
And yet this thread is nothing but a string of begging people to see moral victories. We didn?t win, but, man, it wasn?t as bad as last time. We are dealing with college athletes that have been in this system almost 2 years, not the local travel baseball/football team.
I?m sure if any new baseball coach came in and said- we will take steps backwards for 2-3 years, but we will be competing after that, you?d be calling for his head.
Unrealistic fan.😂

We have done nothing but improve since Leach came in.. you do not agree?

Dak Holliday
11-06-2021, 07:59 PM
We have done nothing but improve since Leach came in.. you do not agree?

At a certain point, there?s only one way to go.

dawgday166
11-06-2021, 08:02 PM

It's not intentional like they're "trying" to be stupid. Naw ... it's naturally built in with some.

Really good post.

Dak Holliday
11-06-2021, 08:03 PM
I do think we have improved, but as much as I hate to credit C34 too much, this scheme isn?t modern. It?s a gimmicky scheme that produces about 24 points/game when working and relies on limited mistakes. If this is the case, you best hope we can become unbelievable on defense.

msstate7
11-06-2021, 08:06 PM

So how does the la tech missed game winning fg factor in? Funny we don't mention this one

Dawgfan77
11-06-2021, 08:07 PM

17 off loser mentality... god hate our fan base sometimes

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 01:13 AM
So how does the la tech missed game winning fg factor in? Funny we don't mention this one

I'm not going to complain about a young team having putting together the biggest fourth quarter comeback in MSU football history as a negative. Even against an opponent we should have beaten by more.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 01:15 AM

Really? People like you are much more of a problem with our fan base.

No different that our 2013 team going 6-6 and dominating the Liberty Bowl springboarding them into 2014. That team had Dak, Josh Robinson, and Bear as sophomores and Chris Jones as a freshman among others.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 01:16 AM
Ok, could Leach not know that our punting team was inconsistent from the last 2 years and needs a replacement. I sure did. Did we just sit around and do nothing for a year concerning the punting game?

We went out and got Archer Trafford who is much better than Day. No idea why we went back to Day a couple of weeks ago.

Todd4State
11-07-2021, 01:21 AM

I agree. The biggest issue to me going into next year is defense and special teams. We have fixed the defense before with JUCO's. We get Jordan Davis back next year and that will help. Hard to know if we will get Wheat back or not for his COVID senior year but possible. Brule and Jett are probably back. We really need some DB's especially since Emerson is likely gone. Duncan gets picked on too much. We really need at least 3 JUCO DB's for next year IMO. Emerson won't be back and not sure about Green at safety. Peters graduates. We also need to find a kicker in the portal.

Indndawg
11-07-2021, 06:25 AM

because I was way too negative.

I haven't mellowed and I've been skeptical of CML's scheme but more his fire.

I can recognize improvement and the shambles the team was left in by Sloppy.

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2021, 08:36 AM
No we're not. If we were better we wouldn't have made the mistakes we made to have this record. You can say our offense is better than our record but the team is more then our offense. The team is all three phases and the coaches. As a team our record is what we are.