PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Daniel Daniel Mullen

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Really good listen. best quote "He's a great cook, but, he has no desire to go out and buy the ingredients."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMT2675qWI

Johnson85
11-05-2021, 09:47 AM
Really good listen. best quote "He's a great good, but, he has no desire to go out and buy the ingredients."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMT2675qWI

As much as he hates recruiting, I'll never understand why he doesn't take less money and hire big time recruiters. I pay people to do things I don't like to do and I make a lot less than $5M a year. The head coach can never get away from recruiting, and I get it's not really productive for him to have recruiters out there selling lies and then having everybody transfer out when they realize how he runs their program, but he could certainly spend less time on recruiting and also make his job at practice and on the field easier if he put more money into recruiting.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 09:59 AM
As much as he hates recruiting, I'll never understand why he doesn't take less money and hire big time recruiters. I pay people to do things I don't like to do and I make a lot less than $5M a year. The head coach can never get away from recruiting, and I get it's not really productive for him to have recruiters out there selling lies and then having everybody transfer out when they realize how he runs their program, but he could certainly spend less time on recruiting and also make his job at practice and on the field easier if he put more money into recruiting.

100% agreed! This is his issue and he has created it and refuses to correct it. I'd take 3 mill and use the different to get the best staff that can do both.

Edit: I think his salary is like 7 mill.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:07 AM
100% agreed! This is his issue and he has created it and refuses to correct it. I'd take 3 mill and use the different to get the best staff that can do both.

Edit: I think his salary is like 7 mill.

its 7.5 million I believe , state offered him 7 million per year to go 8-4 and he turned it down...

msstate7
11-05-2021, 10:22 AM

Poor Johnson gotta get by on 2 million a year bc he's lazy

Haha

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:27 AM
Dan should go be the cowboys OC when Kellen Moore leaves... but i think his ego is too big to not be the head guy anywhere

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 11:09 AM
its 7.5 million I believe , state offered him 7 million per year to go 8-4 and he turned it down...

Point made, dude is an idiot! I think he wanted in the NFL per what Josh was saying, and moving to Florida and putting the work in there for a few short years was his quickest way and that fell on his head.

Dawgology
11-05-2021, 11:12 AM

Yep. He had stars in his eyes because it was Florida.

Now he’s got a black eye because he went to Florida

PGHBulldogBG
11-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Point made, dude is an idiot! I think he wanted in the NFL per what Josh was saying, and moving to Florida and putting the work in there for a few short years was his quickest way and that fell on his head.

I think his motives always stemmed from this. He actually admitted it while at state that his goal was to be an NFL coach. I think he flirted with jobs like Maryland for this reason because that area has a big NFL fan base and he wanted to me in an area he could get more well known for that. Add to that his ego and being too big for Miss State. He is actually #2 now on coaches hot seat. Once Norvell gets things going in Tallahassee I don?t see him lasting past next year unless he really turns it around. Luckily for him the rest of the schedule is extremely easy, but at the same time if he loses one of those he is out

thf24
11-05-2021, 02:27 PM

I don't think he has it in him to do that. I've always thought his issues with recruiting comes from a place of arrogance rather than laziness. I think he's always convinced himself that his system is good enough to succeed with whatever players he gets without having to stoop to a certain level of humility in the recruiting game, and bringing in high profile recruiters and turning the reins over would mean admitting that he was wrong about that all this time. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets and the less likely it happens.

Dawgbite
11-05-2021, 03:21 PM
Maybe he like to recruit but doesn’t realize that he’s bad at it because he is so damn arrogant.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2021, 03:40 PM
I don't think he has it in him to do that. I've always thought his issues with recruiting comes from a place of arrogance rather than laziness. I think he's always convinced himself that his system is good enough to succeed with whatever players he gets without having to stoop to a certain level of humility in the recruiting game, and bringing in high profile recruiters and turning the reins over would mean admitting that he was wrong about that all this time. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets and the less likely it happens.

Pretty accurate.

Homedawg
11-05-2021, 03:46 PM
The comment about arrongance rather than laziness is putting it perfectly!

TrapGame
11-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Mullen was always telling people that you can't recruit at a high level at State so you'll have to find diamonds in the rough. Actually, Mullen didn't want to put in the time needed to recruit at a high level. After being #1 in 2014 that 2015 recruiting class should have been the highest ranked class we've ever had. Mullen pissed it away like last night's beer.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2021, 04:30 PM
I think his motives always stemmed from this. He actually admitted it while at state that his goal was to be an NFL coach. I think he flirted with jobs like Maryland for this reason because that area has a big NFL fan base and he wanted to me in an area he could get more well known for that. Add to that his ego and being too big for Miss State. He is actually #2 now on coaches hot seat. Once Norvell gets things going in Tallahassee I don?t see him lasting past next year unless he really turns it around. Luckily for him the rest of the schedule is extremely easy, but at the same time if he loses one of those he is out

17 him. Hope he loses out and Florida has to fire Strickland and Mullen. Stricklan will be hiding behind his loafers to fire him and will eventually get canned himself because he's playing grab-ass over there

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 05:10 PM
The comment about arrongance rather than laziness is putting it perfectly!

Agreed!

TNDawg35
11-05-2021, 05:56 PM
17 him. Hope he loses out and Florida has to fire Strickland and Mullen. Stricklan will be hiding behind his loafers to fire him and will eventually get canned himself because he's playing grab-ass over there

Best post in awhile…

SallyStansbury
11-05-2021, 07:57 PM

Insecure controlling people hate to ever ask for anything for which the answer might be ?no!?

He also hates to go head to head against equally good teams in recruiting battles because he likely hates to ask alumni for money and support, and because he probably doesn?t want to be bothered with it and he probably doesn?t really like people in the first place.

He employs all his ?friends? so be certain he controls that dynamic.

Like this poster says, Dano can convince himself and others that he can win (Dano?s superior development and strategy) with diamonds in the rough for which he won?t have to go head to head with UGA over, but that plays far better at MSU than FLA.

I am more pleased than I care to admit watching him fail. Shame on me. For the record, I do respect and appreciate what he accomplished at MSU, but F him.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Insecure controlling people hate to ever ask for anything for which the answer might be ?no!?

He also hates to go head to head against equally good teams in recruiting battles because he likely hates to ask alumni for money and support, and because he probably doesn?t want to be bothered with it and he probably doesn?t really like people in the first place.

He employs all his ?friends? so be certain he controls that dynamic.

Like this poster says, Dano can convince himself and others that he can win (Dano?s superior development and strategy) with diamonds in the rough for which he won?t have to go head to head with UGA over, but that plays far better at MSU than FLA.

I am more pleased than I care to admit watching him fail. Shame on me. For the record, I do respect and appreciate what he accomplished at MSU, but F him.

I said the day he took the job he would be fired within 4 years because he cant win the big games because he cant recruit the athletes needed to beat bama/uga regularly

Looks like I may be correct

Homedawg
11-05-2021, 09:19 PM
I said the day he took the job he would be fired within 4 years because he cant win the big games because he cant recruit the athletes needed to beat bama/uga regularly

Looks like I may be correct
He's not getting fired this year so you'd be wrong.

Saltydog
11-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Granted he's not the best recruiter but UF should recruit itself.....

OLJWales
11-06-2021, 10:13 AM
Granted he's not the best recruiter but UF should recruit itself.....

Clich? but still has merit regarding crootin advantages like the UF's of the world have.

Honesty is sometimes overlooked I think though. Many of these young men are also looking for trust and likeability as well. Nobody's perfect especially my self but Mullen just doesn't seem to come off as the most sincere dude in the group. Never met him and prolly never will and maybe I'm wrong. Just my media impression.

Will always be grateful to Coach Dan Mullen for the job he did at STATE.

Homedawg
11-06-2021, 10:37 AM
Clich? but still has merit regarding crootin advantages like the UF's of the world have.

Honesty is sometimes overlooked I think though. Many of these young men are also looking for trust and likeability as well. Nobody's perfect especially my self but Mullen just doesn't seem to come off as the most sincere dude in the group. Never met him and prolly never will and maybe I'm wrong. Just my media impression.

Will always be grateful to Coach Dan Mullen for the job he did at STATE.

I think Mullen is a hell of a coach. He did a heck of a job here. I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I know that's never ever happening, and shouldn't. With all that said, he is a prick. And a big one.

R2Dawg
11-06-2021, 12:00 PM
The thread is about Dan and his flaws which all I've seen are accurate but one interesting thing this should tell MSU after Dan's stint at UF.

I said it when he left and I think now the evidence shows it is true that MSU made Dan Mullen not the other way around.

Another just as important secondary point is the MSU today is not really off anyone else in SEC except for UGA and Bama right now so what that means is we can win if you get a good (not great) coach here. You gotta feel pretty good about that.

Maverick91
11-06-2021, 12:32 PM
The thread is about Dan and his flaws which all I've seen are accurate but one interesting thing this should tell MSU after Dan's stint at UF.

I said it when he left and I think now the evidence shows it is true that MSU made Dan Mullen not the other way around.

Another just as important secondary point is the MSU today is not really off anyone else in SEC except for UGA and Bama right now so what that means is we can win if you get a good (not great) coach here. You gotta feel pretty good about that.

Really great points! That has been said before that MSU helped him as much if not more than he helped MSU.