PDA

View Full Version : The Past 30 years Jackie, Croom, Mullen, Moorhead, Leach

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 11:40 AM
I don't think we really are grasping the gravity of this year. In the past 30 years of State football we have only had a winning record in the conference five times. It took Mullen six seasons to get a winning record in conference. We have the ability to get that done this year in Leach's second season.

Jackie: 4 winnings seasons
Mullen: 1 winning season

Jackie he only put back to back winnings seasons together once in 98' and 99'.

Next year Idk what LSU is going to be, but we have a serious ability to finish two seasons in a row with a winning record in conference. Everyone was looking to Leach's third year. Well, us finishing strong this year 8-4 will really catapult us for a potential really nice run, especially with the way some of you folks are getting me all warm and fuzzy with recruiting.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-04-2021, 03:49 PM
I don't think we really are grasping the gravity of this year. In the past 30 years of State football we have only had a winning record in the conference five times. It took Mullen six seasons to get a winning record in conference. We have the ability to get that done this year in Leach's second season.

Jackie: 4 winnings seasons
Mullen: 1 winning season

Jackie he only put back to back winnings seasons together once in 98' and 99'.

Next year Idk what LSU is going to be, but we have a serious ability to finish two seasons in a row with a winning record in conference. Everyone was looking to Leach's third year. Well, us finishing strong this year 8-4 will really catapult us for a potential really nice run, especially with the way some of you folks are getting me all warm and fuzzy with recruiting.

Winning 2 of our remaining 3 SEC games would be a great accomplishment. Will we do it? We will find out soon enough.

Personally I think finishing 7-5 (should be 8-4 without being cheated at Memphis) will be a great accomplishment.

I think the future is bright for football.

smootness
11-04-2021, 04:33 PM
It would be huge, no doubt. Of course, there's at least a chance we lose all 3 of our remaining SEC games. I don't think it will happen, but Arkansas being on the road makes that very tough and I'm not going to say we should beat OM this year. My guess is we finish 2-2 (1-2) and go 7-5 (4-4).

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2021, 04:37 PM
It would be huge, no doubt. Of course, there's at least a chance we lose all 3 of our remaining SEC games. I don't think it will happen, but Arkansas being on the road makes that very tough and I'm not going to say we should beat OM this year. My guess is we finish 2-2 (1-2) and go 7-5 (4-4).

We will be the underdog in all three.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2021, 09:20 PM

I be happy and pissed at the same time. I be pissed because of what it could have been if we beat LSU and Memphis.

Dawgtini
11-05-2021, 07:40 AM
I be happy and pissed at the same time. I be pissed because of what it could have been if we beat LSU and Memphis.
I agree Jack. But either way, I am glad to see the steady improvement and it gives me hope for next year and beyond.

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2021, 07:59 AM

In other words - you will feel just like you did in the Sherrill era! LOL!

OLJWales
11-05-2021, 08:18 AM
Throughout the last 30 yrs though , we've had our share of 4-4 seasons too. Just sayin'.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:39 AM
Throughout the last 30 yrs though , we've had our share of 4-4 seasons too. Just sayin'.

Yeah, right on the edge of glory. So frustrating.

MedDawg
11-05-2021, 09:18 AM
We will be the underdog in all three.

We beat Arkansas, Auburn, and the non-conf team, we will be favored over OM.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:29 AM
My pick as of now is we finish 8-4

Win a close game against Arkansas

Lose by 14 to an auburn team that win or lose this Saturday, still has a shot at the sec title game

Drum tennessee tech/state and we let Lovertich play the full 2nd half to see what he can do

Win the egg bowl while lane kiffin is more focused on his contract negotiation with florida/lsu

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:29 AM
I think it matters more about what ole miss does these next 2 weeks compared to what state does.. unless state gets blown out against arky and auburn

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 09:54 AM
I think it matters more about what ole miss does these next 2 weeks compared to what state does.. unless state gets blown out against arky and auburn

We might lose, but, I cannot see a blowout. Odom cannot do anything to us that any other team has not already done or tried. I think this offense as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot can and will move the ball on them, I think game comes down to the Defense honestly can we limit their rushing attack and not allow to many big plays. I really think this is our game to lose, I could be wrong, but I think its in the bag as long as we play like we did against UK.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:59 AM
We might lose, but, I cannot see a blowout. Odom cannot do anything to us that any other team has not already done or tried. I think this offense as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot can and will move the ball on them, I think game comes down to the Defense honestly can we limit their rushing attack and not allow to many big plays. I really think this is our game to lose, I could be wrong, but I think its in the bag as long as we play like we did against UK.

I agree , I think we win tomorrow but , we could get blown out by a pissed off auburn is what I'm thinking about, but 1 game at a time.

I keep hearing akransas media talking about how good their pass defense is but what team that they faced yet is primarily a passing offense?
Ole miss is rush, auburn rush, Georgia rush, texas a&m rush

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Who is better, Kentucky or Arkansas?

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 11:07 AM
I agree , I think we win tomorrow but , we could get blown out by a pissed off auburn is what I'm thinking about, but 1 game at a time.

I keep hearing akransas media talking about how good their pass defense is but what team that they faced yet is primarily a passing offense?

Completely Agreed!

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 11:08 AM

I think they are on par. It would truly be a coin flip game.

WPS
11-05-2021, 12:47 PM

I'd say Kentucky is better defensively and Arkansas offensively but probably pretty similar. Ole Miss is around the same as well IMO.

parabrave
11-05-2021, 01:00 PM
I'd say Kentucky is better defensively and Arkansas offensively but probably pretty similar. Ole Miss is around the same as well IMO.

Out Arky version of TUSK shows up. Where you been>

OLJWales
11-05-2021, 04:20 PM
We gonna do some reverse deliverance on dat pig ass. Gonna be some high pitched swine squealing with triple banjo finger pickin'.

smootness
11-05-2021, 04:39 PM

They also gave up 52 to OM, 38 to Auburn, and 37 to UGA. And Auburn and OM (UGA only had to throw 11 passes) lit them up through the air.