PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Prediction Thread- The Air Raid Revenge Tour Pt. 2

StarkVegasSteve
11-04-2021, 10:45 AM
A massive win last week for a bunch of different reasons, but I think the biggest is that it gives us a bit of revenge for last year. Arkansas and Kentucky were the low points for this offense last year and now we have a chance to exorcise the other demon. I think we get it done in Fayetteville and set up quite an interesting matchup next week on the Plains. 35-24 DAWGS.

Rogers Pass Yds- 317
Marks and Johnson Rushing Yds- 75
Amount of times I yell wth are we doing on Saturday- 55

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2021, 10:50 AM
I'm going with Dawgs 35-17. I think we shut down the run, force them to pass, and Emerson gets a Pick 6.

Rogers 365
Woody & Dillon combine for 124 - one of them breaks a 40+ yard TD run.

Catfish
11-04-2021, 10:57 AM
27-17 Dawgs

Hambone
11-04-2021, 11:03 AM
35-10 State
Rogers 385 yards 4 TD’s
Rush yards 60 with 1 TD

TrapGame
11-04-2021, 11:07 AM
It all depends on the wrinkle Odom puts in his defense for Will. If we adjust to that then it's a W.

Our defense will sellout to stop the run and force Jefferson to throw.

I'm thinking 35-24 Dawgs.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 11:17 AM
These are the games that I hate being a State fan for, we are historically so up and down that this type of game is the game we lose for reasons that really cannot be explained. We have the better team, I believe we had the "better team" last year just couldn't put any of it together. I said in another thread if we win this game like we played against Kentucky I believe we have turned the corner on understanding how to run this offense.

I say this to say, I believe we have turned the corner. We have been seeing growth week by week all year and not a single game outside of bama can any of us look and say we regressed offensively.

I want this game to be 38-17, that is a solid domination against a "good team" and separates us from the bottom half of the SEC.

What I think it will be is that we score 31 and they score somewhere around 20ish.

and the refs try to give the game away on three separate occasions that we all in unison yell "Come on home office give us a break."

msstate7
11-04-2021, 11:18 AM
27-17 ark

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 11:41 AM
27-17 ark

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Why are you so depressed?

BeardoMSU
11-04-2021, 11:47 AM
27-17 ark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFxQ6f2Lj0&ab_channel=EnlightenedIdiot

msstate7
11-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Why are you so depressed?

That's just how I see it. I picked us vs Kentucky, but I think we lose this week. Hopefully I'm wrong... line is ark -5, so I don't think my pick is crazy

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2021, 11:52 AM
27-17 ark
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/e1/96/38e196aa487df18a73f5ca1434ac4dcb.png

msstate7
11-04-2021, 11:53 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/e1/96/38e196aa487df18a73f5ca1434ac4dcb.png

My work here is complete lol

confucius say
11-04-2021, 11:53 AM
28-24 ark

KOdawg1
11-04-2021, 12:31 PM
24-21 MSU.

Rogers has 323 passing yards.
Rushing yards - 82 yards

PMDawg
11-04-2021, 12:44 PM
KJ Jefferson is dangerous for us. He is going to break some long runs on busted pass plays. He is not that accurate, but can hit the long ball from time to time. I think we can contain the traditional run game, even though it's a good one. Being away from home sucks. Will be a dog fight. We will have to score to win this one.

Dogs 31
Hogs 30

parabrave
11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
I think its a rehash of the KY game. We stop KJ, shut down that TE and force him to make mistakes. Will passes for 350 and we have 3 rushing TDs. 28-17/ And Brule' time to play up to your preseason hype.

TrapGame
11-04-2021, 12:55 PM
27-17 ark

Sigh.

Yeah, I can see that too.

Honestly, what would really surprise me is winning this game like UK: shutting down their offense and scoring 30+ points.

But, I can see us shooting ourselves in the foot on a couple of crucial drives.

Activated Alpha
11-04-2021, 01:14 PM
17-10 Arky. Leach has several WTF moments on his face as the hogs keep the cracker barrel trophy

basedog
11-04-2021, 01:58 PM
Hogs 27 Dogs 24

I have a bad feeling going to Fayetteville, I can't get DC Odom off my mind and what new wrinkle he puts in this week with open date they had.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hail State!

FISHDAWG
11-04-2021, 02:52 PM
after the grief Msstate7 caught I won't give mine ..... but every time I predict us to lose we win, so I hope we don't lose that voo-doo advantage this week

Commercecomet24
11-04-2021, 03:03 PM
31-14 Dawgs

Johnson85
11-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Hogs 27 Dogs 24

I have a bad feeling going to Fayetteville, I can't get DC Odom off my mind and what new wrinkle he puts in this week with open date they had.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hail State!

Bad luck to get UK and Arkansas coming off a bye week. Didn't matter against UK. Be interesting to see whether it matters against Ark.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 03:13 PM
One thing that worries me is arky is basically coming off of two weeks off. you know they game planned a little during the basic bye week two weeks ago.

PGHBulldogBG
11-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Arkansas is coming into this game fresh and healthy. Honestly I didn?t think this several weeks ago but I now think we have a better chance to beat Ole Miss than either Ark or Auburn. I am going with 7-5 4-4 SEC record. Losing to Ark will be disappointing but not devastating. Next year I think we have a great shot at 9 wins though and a NY6 bowl

Negative Waves
11-04-2021, 03:43 PM
I don't understand why some of you scared of Odom. His defense has been gashed by Georgia, Ole Miss and Auburn, and our offense is at least on par with Auburn's when it is clicking. If we lose this game, it will be because of dumb turnovers or the D giving up the big play. If State limits the mistakes, we win this one by at least 10.

TrapGame
11-04-2021, 03:49 PM
I don't understand why some of you scared of Odom. His defense has been gashed by Georgia, Ole Miss and Auburn, and our offense is at least on par with Auburn's when it is clicking. If we lose this game, it will be because of dumb turnovers or the D giving up the big play. If State limits the mistakes, we win this one by at least 10.

We turned it over 6 times last year and still had a shot to win it. Crazy.

Georgia ran the ball down their throats. OM did some too but Corral had some really good passing stats.

After what we did to Kentucky we might have put a kink in Odom's plan. He's got to be aware of us running now.

bulldawg28
11-04-2021, 03:54 PM
It's going to be tough and a loud crowd. I expect us to lose because I don't really know if we've turned the corner. Leach made a statement that Arkansas doesn't blitz much. That statement made me pause. This game will be won by whether Will can handle the moment. Playing in Arkansas is a different type of place.

BeardoMSU
11-04-2021, 04:28 PM
One of my students informed me today that she's going to visit her cousin (who is an Arkansas student) in Fayetteville this weekend, and she was taking her to the game. I asked her who she would be rooting for, and she replied "Hail State", lol. My kids know how it is. Hopefully that's some good luck for us.

Bdawg
11-04-2021, 11:33 PM
I think it's all about our execution, taking care of the ball, and minimizing penalties. I don't know if Odom can do much more than what anyone has already thrown at us. Just up to Will to recognize it and make the right read. I think we are becoming more comfortable in the offense and when we possess the ball for so long, the other team can't score. We do a good job of playing keep away. Defense will limit the run because we have done it against everyone, and I don't think KJ can beat us with his arm. Will need to keep a close eye on him running or maybe spy him. Also, decent weather and day game helps us.

Dawgs 30
Hawgs 20

TaleofTwoDogs
11-05-2021, 12:31 AM
I think its a rehash of the KY game. We stop KJ, shut down that TE and force him to make mistakes. Will passes for 350 and we have 3 rushing TDs. 28-17/ And Brule' time to play up to your preseason hype.

What's the deal with Brule? His name is hardly mentioned anymore. At one time he seemed like he was a raising superstar on the D.

parabrave
11-05-2021, 12:42 AM
What's the deal with Brule? His name is hardly mentioned anymore. At one time he seemed like he was a raising superstar on the D.

Jett Johnson has been kicking ass and taking all the glory from Brule'. Also this tells you how much Erroll Thompson meant to the Team. But We need Brule' to step up and for him to nullify KJ Jeffersons running threat!

FriarsPoint
11-05-2021, 01:51 AM
F all the touchy feely bullshit. This late in the year, you want to know who’s going to win? Watch the f ing money. Last week was a dead f ing give away. 90% of the general public bet uk +2 as soon as that line came out. John Q. Public got f Ed because the sharps came in late and made it go from uk -1 to state -1 before kick.

As soon as that line came out me and mine knew it was a trap.

This week feels the same way……although not quite as much.

The sharps have come in tonight on state pushing the line from -5.5/5 Arkansas to -4.5/4 Arkansas. For those of you that don’t know, it takes a f load of money to move the line one point in any direction.

Here’s the tricky part. The money line is all over the place. Now, this is probably more a function/reflection of how much each book has bet on each team, but, still screwy. Anywhere from -115 state -105 Arkansas to the exact opposite -105 state to -115 Arkansas.

Once again Vegas is telling you this game is a toss up, but, the people that bet large amounts and do this shit for a living are telling you Arkansas might win but it will be by the slimmest of margins

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:07 AM
I think it's all about our execution, taking care of the ball, and minimizing penalties. I don't know if Odom can do much more than what anyone has already thrown at us. Just up to Will to recognize it and make the right read. I think we are becoming more comfortable in the offense and when we possess the ball for so long, the other team can't score. We do a good job of playing keep away. Defense will limit the run because we have done it against everyone, and I don't think KJ can beat us with his arm. Will need to keep a close eye on him running or maybe spy him. Also, decent weather and day game helps us.

Dawgs 30
Hawgs 20

Odom is good, but he isn't Nick Saban good and he doesn't have Nick Saban Horses. We will move the ball and we will score baring ridiculous penalties or lack of focus turnovers, which we don't do really unless the refs are being well normal to us this year.

parabrave
11-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Odom is good, but he isn't Nick Saban good and he doesn't have Nick Saban Horses. We will move the ball and we will score baring ridiculous penalties or lack of focus turnovers, which we don't do really unless the refs are being well normal to us this year.

Speaking of Refs; who do we get for this game?

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:18 AM
Speaking of Refs; who do we get for this game?

if its that mark curley guy.... go ahead and turn the channel to CBS..
buuuut.... you know auburn plays Saturday so he might be there bailing them out

Kylesandi338
11-05-2021, 10:42 AM
34-21 STATE

Dolphus Raymond
11-05-2021, 11:17 AM
31-13 Dogs
Why? Why not?

Jack Lambert
11-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Just do what we been doing. Everyone else seems to think that works. This offense when run correctly is hard to defense against it. If we did not have a bye week before Bama it would have been a better game. The offense lost it's timing and momentum coming out of the bye. Bye weeks are only good for injuries. Other than that I really don't see much up side.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Seems like the picks are in, I averaged everybody's points. State will win 28-20.

OLJWales
11-05-2021, 11:33 PM
F all the touchy feely bullshit. This late in the year, you want to know who’s going to win? Watch the f ing money. Last week was a dead f ing give away. 90% of the general public bet uk +2 as soon as that line came out. John Q. Public got f Ed because the sharps came in late and made it go from uk -1 to state -1 before kick.

As soon as that line came out me and mine knew it was a trap.

This week feels the same way……although not quite as much.

The sharps have come in tonight on state pushing the line from -5.5/5 Arkansas to -4.5/4 Arkansas. For those of you that don’t know, it takes a f load of money to move the line one point in any direction.

Here’s the tricky part. The money line is all over the place. Now, this is probably more a function/reflection of how much each book has bet on each team, but, still screwy. Anywhere from -115 state -105 Arkansas to the exact opposite -105 state to -115 Arkansas.

Once again Vegas is telling you this game is a toss up, but, the people that bet large amounts and do this shit for a living are telling you Arkansas might win but it will be by the slimmest of margins

You sinful degenerate.

Post more.

Schultzy
11-06-2021, 07:25 AM
He looks to me like he’s gained some weight and lost a step so it’s a good thing Jett has stepped up.

This is a good matchup for us if we tackle well and avoid the mind numbing stupid plays we were doing earlier in the season. Their all-conference safety is out so that should help. Let’s hope our run/pass ratio is similar to last week as well, I’m interested to see that.
State 31-21