PDA

View Full Version : Are we Recruiting Arch Manning?

memsu06
11-02-2021, 07:03 PM
Do we even have a chance to land him?

If you're a QB and want to show your worth why not go somewhere to throw it 60 times a game?

Our head coach situation is more stable than most in the SEC other than Bama and Georgia.

Coming here would guarantee you lead every passing stat in the nation.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 07:06 PM
It would be a total waste of time.

bostondawg
11-02-2021, 07:09 PM
I could be wrong, but I feel like he's gonna be a bust. Way too much pressure for a HS kid.

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2021, 07:09 PM
They would take Archie and Eli?s numbers off the stadium and try to excommunicate Cooper from the UMAA if we even got a visit from Arch.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 07:13 PM

If you're a QB and want to show your worth why not go somewhere to throw it 60 times a game?

Our head coach situation is more stable than most in the SEC other than Bama and Georgia.

Ole miss loses to Liberty, A&M, and the egg bowl.

Mullen is canned after a loss to FSU

Kiffin bolts to Gainesville

Arch commits to Mississippi State

OHHHHHH the meltdown

The meltdown would be historic and they would never recover.

Hambone
11-02-2021, 07:14 PM
They would take Archie and Eli?s numbers off the stadium and try to excommunicate Cooper from the UMAA if we even got a visit from Arch.

I think they would do that if he even came on an official visit

memsu06
11-02-2021, 07:19 PM

That's what Mullen said.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 07:34 PM
That's what Mullen said.

That one really would be. He ain't coming here, period.

Homedawg
11-02-2021, 07:40 PM
That's what Mullen said.

Have to be a troll. Nobody in their right mind would think it isn't a waste of time

ZedFedder
11-02-2021, 07:51 PM
I think the family is supporting him in exploring his options and will let him go wherever he wants... except MSU.

captaindog
11-02-2021, 07:57 PM

Wait?he wasn?t serious when he committed to us???
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/arch-manning-playfully-trolls-mississippi-state-uncle-eli-weighs-in-on-twitter/amp/

Todd4State
11-02-2021, 08:01 PM
I think they would do that if he even came on an official visit

Or even an unofficial visit.

Todd4State
11-02-2021, 08:02 PM

Says Dan Mullen's biggest supporter.

Activated Alpha
11-02-2021, 08:03 PM
17 let?s do it. Where can I give him my stripper cash?

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 08:04 PM
Waiting for monkeys flying from my butt.

lastmajordog
11-02-2021, 08:08 PM
del

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 08:11 PM

Makes it even better.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2021, 08:12 PM
It would be similar to this thread. A waste of time.

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 08:13 PM
That will not happen. Cooper YUGE om supporter. Manning family turned a blind eye to the disrespect/vile/nasty/horrible actions toward payton and family by om family because of Tenn commit. These folks want to be where they are Gods......period.

One of the all time greatest melts. They really do have a delusional sense of entitlement.

Homedawg
11-02-2021, 08:18 PM

He's right. It would be a total waste of time.

Homedawg
11-02-2021, 08:19 PM

Thank you...

Commercecomet24
11-02-2021, 08:20 PM

Lol, Yep!

Activated Alpha
11-02-2021, 08:30 PM
So I can keep my coins..err I mean cash for the strippers?

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 08:44 PM

Yes, I supported the winningest coach at MSU since the 1940s. Anyone that didn't was an absolute fool. That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we will NOT get Arch Manning. There is no reason to even think about wasting time on him. Y'all are just looking foolish.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Arch is the most over hyped of the Mannings. He's the Cupper of QBs.

Todd4State
11-02-2021, 08:50 PM
Yes, I supported the winningest coach at MSU since the 1940s. Anyone that didn't was an absolute fool. That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we will NOT get Arch Manning. There is no reason to even think about wasting time on him. Y'all are just looking foolish.

I supported the best coach that wanted to be here. Jackie Sherrill.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2021, 08:55 PM
If I were Leach, I would call him personally and tell him he will throw 65 times a game and if he is a true baller, there is no way he doesn?t win the heisman. And we have a defense to back him.

We will get top knotch WRs. We have damn good ones right now. Imagine if we got three 5* kids.

Call him everyday. Tell him to come make history.

If he doesn?t respond to that, 17 em.

If he comes and doesn?t pan out, we?ll just make him ride the pine.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2021, 08:55 PM

I love JWS, but he was hired off a car lot and wasn't wanted by other programs. Of course, Senor Dan struggled to find takers too but he chased down his buddy Scotty.

Vandownbytheriver
11-02-2021, 08:57 PM

Go back to The Swamp Dan! We don't need you here anymore!!!!!

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2021, 09:02 PM

Uhhh. Jackie threw his hat in for the Tampa Bay Bucs job after 92. Jackie wanted the Bama job in the late 90s and again in 2000.

ZedFedder
11-02-2021, 09:03 PM

The GOAT speaks. IYOK, good to see you.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 09:28 PM
If I were Leach, I would call him personally and tell him he will throw 65 times a game and if he is a true baller, there is no way he doesn?t win the heisman. And we have a defense to back him.

We will get top knotch WRs. We have damn good ones right now. Imagine if we got three 5* kids.

Wouldnt it be something if Saban would retire and a manning is the QB for mike Leach at MSU leading them to a sec title.... Im just dreaming rn

If leach can get 1 or 2 crabtree level receivers and a good Offensive line......

Dawgology
11-02-2021, 09:50 PM
It would be a waste of time but it’s hilarious that a QB would not even consider a team that would have him throwing for 4000 yards per season

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 10:05 PM

I did too, even when we ran him off. I don't get the Mullen hate and never will. It makes our fan base look petty, and really stupid.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 10:06 PM
Uhhh. Jackie threw his hat in for the Tampa Bay Bucs job after 92. Jackie wanted the Bama job in the late 90s and again in 2000.

Yep, he tried to leave too. Nobody wanted HIM.

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 11:37 PM
Saban left LSU for Miami after a natty and JWS chatting with Tampa is treasonous? "Didn't wanna be here; 17 him if he ain't true Maroon" is overplayed and one sided.

Todd4State
11-03-2021, 12:43 AM
I did too, even when we ran him off. I don't get the Mullen hate and never will. It makes our fan base look petty, and really stupid.

Not really. The man grossly underachieved even though he "did well" relative to our history and shit the bed most of the time in big games. And despite MSU catering completely to him- no other school is going to allow a coach to suck at recruiting, cater to his friends who aren't that good at coaching and even worse at recruiting, not win big games and openly shop himself around while losing games against inferior teams. Or laugh while our QB is injured from a dirty hit against Ole Miss or start guys simply because they are upperclassmen. And he's finding that out now that he is at Florida.

The difference is even though Jackie may have looked around at a couple of other jobs- one being at his alma mater and the other being a NFL job- it certainly did not affect him ON the field. Tampa was what 1992? He followed up with an 8-4 season and then a great run of 8 win seasons between 1998-2000. While having several other signature type wins in the meantime over Alabama and Auburn.

parabrave
11-03-2021, 12:57 AM
Ole miss loses to Liberty, A&M, and the egg bowl.

Mullen is canned after a loss to FSU

Kiffin bolts to Gainesville

Arch commits to Mississippi State

OHHHHHH the meltdown

The meltdown would be historic and they would never recover.

Heck Archie remembers how they treated him when Peyton went to Tenn. No way he or Cooper want to go through that again.

Dawgfan77
11-03-2021, 07:10 AM
Not that it matters but the kid is a JR soo. Who knows what will happen in the next 12 to 13 months

Dawgology
11-03-2021, 07:41 AM
Heck Archie remembers how they treated him when Peyton went to Tenn. No way he or Cooper want to go through that again.

Imagine that….Ole Miss thinking they own the rights to someone…

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2021, 08:15 AM
I don't get the Mullen hate and never will. It makes our fan base look petty, and really stupid.

I agree. Mullen elevated the program as much as he could.

Jackie went 7-4 in 91. Which felt like 11-0 at the time. He beat Texas but lost to Memphis at home. He beat OM finally and lost to Air Force. Jackie couldn't win a bowl. Dan won bowls but no top 25 wins. Dan had the misfortune of the 2014 schedule including trips to Bama and OM. Also OM as a top 10 team. Leach will get to 7 wins with a loss to Memphis. yada yada yada..... Mississippi State's football program hasn't attracted the top to bottom talent to sustain back to back wins in a 12 game sec schedule. Jackie and Dan were really good coaches and did all they could do.

Maverick91
11-03-2021, 08:43 AM

Jackie went 7-4 in 91. Which felt like 11-0 at the time. He beat Texas but lost to Memphis at home. He beat OM finally and lost to Air Force. Jackie couldn't win a bowl. Dan won bowls but no top 25 wins. Dan had the misfortune of the 2014 schedule including trips to Bama and OM. Also OM as a top 10 team. Leach will get to 7 wins with a loss to Memphis. yada yada yada..... Mississippi State's football program hasn't attracted the top to bottom talent to sustain back to back wins in a 12 game sec schedule. Jackie and Dan were really good coaches and did all they could do.

I disagree, I wasn't old enough to really know about Jackie I started paying attention to him late 90s watching games with my Dad. But, Mullen if he didn't shop around and if he put 2 seconds worth of time into recruiting we would have been a sustained 8 win team and he would have sprinkled 10 win teams in there. We wouldn't have had the 5 win and 6 win seasons that we had under him.

He is what he is, not focused and just getting by with what he has.

To me he is that really nice player that looks the part, sounds the part. But, always shows up late to practice with the best excuse, and just goes through the drills just thinking his skill alone is going to get him on the field. Trash him, trash his pride, and trash his country club.

BrunswickDawg
11-03-2021, 09:00 AM

Jackie wasn't allowed to do all he could do. OM and the NCAA made sure of that. The minute he started winning we started getting investigated. Seriously - April 1992 the NCAA started getting "tips" and we got probation in '96 (https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101761)
Dan didn't do all he could to build a program, he did all he could to build his exit - and there is a difference.

msstatelp1
11-03-2021, 10:06 AM

We should be recruiting him just to screw with OM. Don't have to exert a lot of time or money but at least a card/letter/phone call to say "think about how good you would look in Mike Leach's offense."

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2021, 10:32 AM
We should be recruiting him just to screw with OM. Don't have to exert a lot of time or money but at least a card/letter/phone call to say "think about how good you would look in Mike Leach's offense."

It wouldn't screw with OM Bc the card/letter wouldn't see the light of day.

Dawgbite
11-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Yes, we are recruiting Arch, this came from someone who isn’t allowed to comment about recruitment until after they sign. We are doing everything we can but the staff realizes that it’s an uphill battle to get a Manning to play at State. It was clear that at this time, the prize is Texas’s to lose with Georgia making a strong push.

parabrave
11-03-2021, 10:51 AM

And now his OC has the team 1 in the NFL/

Percho
11-03-2021, 11:14 AM
Jackie wasn't allowed to do all he could do. OM and the NCAA made sure of that. The minute he started winning we started getting investigated. Seriously - April 1992 the NCAA started getting "tips" and we got probation in '96 (https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101761)
Dan didn't do all he could to build a program, he did all he could to build his exit - and there is a difference.

This exactly.

He came to Mississippi State looking to get to Florida, Alabama Georgia ect I hate him for not having confidence in himself that he could with effort, strain ect build a championship program at Mississippi State. Which would be a better legacy to do that or to jump to the easy path.

That is why I hate him.

Percho
11-03-2021, 11:16 AM
And now his OC has the team 1 in the NFL/

I wonder who his favorite team is, today?

QuadrupleOption
11-03-2021, 11:25 AM
This exactly.

He came to Mississippi State looking to get to Florida, Alabama Georgia ect I hate him for not having confidence in himself that he could with effort, strain ect build a championship program at Mississippi State. Which would be a better legacy to do that or to jump to the easy path.

That is why I hate him.

I don't hate Dan - I respect the fact that he got us our of the cellar and made our program respectable in the national media. He improved MSU football during his time here and that's all you can ask of a coach.

Having said that, I think he's a damn idiot for taking the Florida job, and I'm pretty sure I gave him 5 years MAX as the head coach before their entitled, whiny-assed fan base ran him off. So far, that's going to schedule.

I must also admit to a bit of satisfaction that after all the years of him looking around for a 'better' job, he finally found one and it isn't going the way he expected. Sorry Dan, sometimes you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. Hopefully he gets some perspective but based on what I've heard I doubt he ever will.

TrapGame
11-03-2021, 11:54 AM

Dan built himself first and the program second. Had he been all in on coaching and recruiting for five years 2014 would have been an undefeated season w/ a NC game. At that point he's built a hell of a football program, his legacy at MSU is forever cemented and he could have just about any head coaching job in the country blue blood college or NFL.

Really Clark?
11-03-2021, 11:57 AM

It's not like Jackie didn't try to get other jobs, especially Bama, he went after that hard

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 08:27 AM
We have never had a legitimate chance to win it all. Dan was never going to win one here. Kiffin will never win on at OM. The first glimmer of hope was the parity promise that came with the transfer portal. Little did we know that it was a staged event, a device that ultimately helps the blue bloods cherry pick from existing rosters by way of the NIL.

Homedawg
11-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Yes, we are recruiting Arch, this came from someone who isn’t allowed to comment about recruitment until after they sign. We are doing everything we can but the staff realizes that it’s an uphill battle to get a Manning to play at State. It was clear that at this time, the prize is Texas’s to lose with Georgia making a strong push.

Whatever. Don't believe it. and if we are, or staff is stupid. Part of being good at recruiting is knowing who you have a shot at and who you don't. And not wasting valuable time on people you ZERO shot at. See, arch.

Homedawg
11-04-2021, 04:29 PM
It's not like Jackie didn't try to get other jobs, especially Bama, he went after that hard

He campaigned like hell for it.... fact. And I didn't blame him!

redstickdawg
11-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Whatever. Don't believe it. and if we are, or staff is stupid. Part of being good at recruiting is knowing who you have a shot at and who you don't. And not wasting valuable time on people you ZERO shot at. See, arch.

From watching local football in S. La, I've seen several QB's that are better than Arch. They're committed to LSU, Purdue and TAMU, he's really nothing spectacular from what I've seen from him. He'd be 3 star with a different last name.

parabrave
11-04-2021, 08:13 PM
There is also a QB at Gautier HS who is lighting it up/ I hope we are at least giving him a look

Jack Lambert
11-04-2021, 09:00 PM
What type offense does his highschool run?

lastmajordog
11-04-2021, 09:13 PM

I disagree....timewise....if he could have stayed and rehabbed Fitz with that defense......A one loss DOG team could have landed him anywhere.......and that was a REAL probability....

Ifyouonlyknew
11-05-2021, 12:22 AM
There is also a QB at Gautier HS who is lighting it up/ I hope we are at least giving him a look

He would've been good in a Mullen/Moorhead offense. Doesn't really fit Leach.

parabrave
11-05-2021, 12:56 AM
What type offense does his highschool run?

An RPO. He is an dam good passer, Good touch on the ball and make good decisions.

Dawgology
11-05-2021, 07:43 AM
He would've been good in a Mullen/Moorhead offense. Doesn't really fit Leach.

Leach is the antithesis of Mullen. Both are great QB scouts for their offensive style but Leach is one to find a QB that needs little development and put them in a position to show off their skills where Mullen tended to find QBs that he could develop into what he wanted them to be. Leach is an evaluator (probably one of the best) where Mullen is a developer.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Leach is the antithesis of Mullen. Both are great QB scouts for their offensive style but Leach is one to find a QB that needs little development and put them in a position to show off their skills where Mullen tended to find QBs that he could develop into what he wanted them to be. Leach is an evaluator (probably one of the best) where Mullen is a developer.

I'll take Leach any day or Mullen an evaluator that can develop, which I think Leach does develop (look at Rogers)

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2021, 06:25 PM
A former OM coach is going to screw his alma mater and bring in Arch to his current team. Book it

Dak Holliday
11-05-2021, 10:22 PM
Luke, use the force. And by force, we mean cash. 😂