Duckdog
11-02-2021, 06:12 PM
That's about right. Just shows how full of shit the AP poll is

TrapGame
11-02-2021, 06:17 PM
I'm dumbfounded!!!

Gutter Cobreh
11-02-2021, 06:17 PM
Absolutely! Nice to see some respect for the wins we've had this season!

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2021, 06:22 PM
Amazing that a team that can't win consistently and runs the Airbone can be ranked with 3 losses****

msstate7
Very nice. We'd be pushing top 10 if not for memphis. Might be next week regardless

msudawg1200
Never would've believed that, especially with that Memphis loss.

Catfish
11-02-2021, 06:24 PM
Not surprised. We've got a solid team now.

bulldawg28
It's great for recruiting. Let's hope the guys can handle success and keep improving.

Duckdog
Amazing that a team that can't win consistently and runs the Airbone can be ranked with 3 losses****

Kirk's stupid woke head is going to explode

bulldawg28
11-02-2021, 06:25 PM
Very nice. We'd be pushing top 10 if not for memphis. Might be next week regardless

If we can beat Arkansas & Auburn I agree.

RocketDawg
Surprising because we're not ranked at all in the AP Top 25. But I think it's about right.

The committee might have considered the officiating errors in the Memphis game.

Vandownbytheriver
Bama at 2. Smdh. Losses count against everyone not named Bama.

bulldawg28
11-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Surprising because we're not ranked at all in the AP Top 25. But I think it's about right.

The committee might have considered the officiating errors in the Memphis game.

The AP is pointless now having the BCS. The BCS controls everything bowl wise which is what the rankings are for. They should drop the AP and coaches poll imo

TrapGame
11-02-2021, 06:29 PM
The committee sees the Memphis loss as a game tainted by very poor officiating.

msstate7

Doesn't matter. They will be in if they win sec, and they'll be out if they don't. Doesn't matter where you put them...

RocketDawg

Not sure they should be ranked at all right now. But they also have Oregon in the top 4.

Activated Alpha
11-02-2021, 06:38 PM
I ain't gonna say it, but I kind of wanna....hopefully our guys can play with increased intensity and focus and not worry about media and attention

Tater
11-02-2021, 06:42 PM
Us at 17

Minnesota at 20

Wisconsin at 21

Iowa at 22

Fresno / SDSU instead of SMU / Houston

Pretty obvious the committee cooked the books to neuter any Cincinnati shot at being top 4 and prop up the SEC / B10. anOSU has no business being top 8 let alone top 5. Minnesota is not a top 35 team.

Vandownbytheriver
11-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Doesn't matter. They will be in if they win sec, and they'll be out if they don't. Doesn't matter where you put them...

I get that completely, but they always get the benefit of the doubt in situations like this. Their best two wins are OM and us. No one else in the country gets that respect from beating those two teams.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Ha! Awesome.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2021, 06:46 PM
Kirk's stupid woke head is going to explode

C34 is woke?***

BeardoMSU
11-02-2021, 06:50 PM
We still have so much to play for. As negative as I've been too, the fact we're legit playing for a NY6 bowl makes me so happy.

bulldawg28
11-02-2021, 07:02 PM
We still have so much to play for. As negative as I've been too, the fact we're legit playing for a NY6 bowl makes me so happy.

If we keep winning it's going to happen.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2021, 07:05 PM
Us at 17

Minnesota at 20

Wisconsin at 21

Iowa at 22

Fresno / SDSU instead of SMU / Houston

Pretty obvious the committee cooked the books to neuter any Cincinnati shot at being top 4 and prop up the SEC / B10. anOSU has no business being top 8 let alone top 5. Minnesota is not a top 35 team.

I've watched Cincinnati a couple of times. They wouldn't have a winning record in the SEC. They probably wouldn't in the Big 10 either. Maybe not even in the ACC.

terradawg
11-02-2021, 07:11 PM
17! we are 17

TUSK
11-02-2021, 07:16 PM

Where would you rank the country's 2nd best team?

sleepy dawg
11-02-2021, 07:19 PM
The AP is pointless now having the BCS. The BCS controls everything bowl wise which is what the rankings are for. They should drop the AP and coaches poll imo

FYI, it isn't called BCS anymore. It's CFP now.

bulldawg28
11-02-2021, 07:24 PM
FYI, it isn't called BCS anymore. It's CFP now.

BCS CFP... same thing

BuckyIsAB****
11-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Im not sure why OM is so high they havent beaten a ranked team. Best win is Arkansas bc Arkansas decided they didnt want to win it

Hot Rock
11-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Im not sure why OM is so high they havent beaten a ranked team. Best win is Arkansas bc Arkansas decided they didnt want to win it

If you want to see for sure, we get our chance in the EGG Bowl. You going?

BulldogBear
11-02-2021, 07:30 PM
17! we are 17

There are two ways to read that post. Only one is good.

BuckyIsAB****
11-02-2021, 07:31 PM
If you want to see for sure, we get our chance in the EGG Bowl. You going?
Absolutely

Commercecomet24
11-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Now lets go get that road win saturday and keep showing we're for real!

basedog
11-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Big weekend!

Dolphus Raymond
11-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Alabama at 2 seems right. Tough for me to see any of the other ranked teams that are better.

Hambone
11-02-2021, 07:40 PM
C34 is woke?***

Good thing he’s moving right now. Good timing

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 08:21 PM
Wow...

Can you imagine the message boards if we were ranked ahead of Ole miss.

The Arkansas boards are insanely mad rn.

Hope their team doesn't play pissed cause we got ranked and they didnt.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 08:24 PM

Joey Freshwater and Manziel Jr. are about to get handed another 2 losses before the season ends.

I remember hearing many figure heads like dave portnoy talking about how they LOVED ole miss In the game against bama
LOL

Apoplectic
11-02-2021, 08:28 PM

Behind A&M

preachermatt83
11-02-2021, 08:33 PM
Alabama is in the top 3 best teams in the country. Period.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2021, 08:40 PM
They are, but unfortunately they lost to aTm. aTm is not that good. Michigan State is undefeated and beat Michigan. That is better than any game Bama has won so far. No way, even with the eye test, should Bama be ahead of them. Maybe if Bama beat GA in the SEC CG. Regular season games have to count for something. At least a little.

Vandownbytheriver
11-02-2021, 08:41 PM

Where Bama is ranked because they sure as hell don't deserve that ranking Gordo. If they win out you have an argument. If not, you and the rest of Lowndes County MS can suck one. Edited to add, you seem like a decent guy Tusk and I appreciate your sense of humor or levity you bring. I still hate you a little just because you're a Bammer. For real for real.

Vandownbytheriver
11-02-2021, 08:44 PM
They are, but unfortunately they lost to aTm. aTm is not that good. Michigan State is undefeated and beat Michigan. That is better than any game Bama has won so far. No way, even with the eye test, should Bama be ahead of them. Maybe if Bama beat GA in the SEC CG. Regular season games have to count for something. At least a little.
This right here. Cincy beats #10 ND at home and they are at 6. That's a better win than anything Bama has on their record. I in no way believe they are better than Bama, but they've handled their business.

Todd4State
11-02-2021, 08:55 PM
The committee sees the Memphis loss as a game tainted by very poor officiating.

As they should.

confucius say
11-02-2021, 09:08 PM
Going into KY, PFF had us with the toughest schedule in the country to date. I haven't seen it this week, but I doubt we dropped much if at all playing a top 15 KY team.
The committee knows this.

Hardly none of us did bc we are a negative fanbase and the media doesn't cover us that way.

TheLostDawg
11-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Joey Freshwater and Manziel Jr. are about to get handed another 2 losses before the season ends.

I remember hearing many figure heads like dave portnoy talking about how they LOVED ole miss In the game against bama
LOL

Well on thunder and lightning they talked how ole Miss could likely go 11-1 with a loss to bama. A lot of people have been high on them. They're like Cincinnati, they haven't really played anyone. However the good teams they did play, they lost to them.

TUSK
11-02-2021, 09:46 PM
Behind A&M

well executed... repped.

TUSK
11-02-2021, 09:56 PM
We're good, buddy...

My understanding is that the CFP Committee is charged with ranking the teams based on who is "best" and not "most deserving"...

I see Bammer as #2, maybe #3, but certainly no lower than #4, which are all the same in my book...

If I took a stab/guess at the the Final CFP Rankings, it'd be:

1) Bammer 12-1
4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
3) Oregon 12-1

Oklahoma and Cinci could possibly go unbeaten and be left out....

dawgday166
11-02-2021, 10:10 PM
We're good, buddy...

My understanding is that the CFP Committee is charged with ranking the teams based on who is "best" and not "most deserving"...

I see Bammer as #2, maybe #3, but certainly no lower than #4, which are all the same in my book...

1) Bammer 12-1
4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
3) Oregon 12-1

LOL .. y'all gonna be really ponying up some $$ to the refs this year for that to happen. But then .. y'all always do.

TUSK
11-02-2021, 10:29 PM
LOL .. y'all gonna be really ponying up some $$ to the refs this year for that to happen. But then .. y'all always do.

Well, of course... Sometimes having the best talent and terrific coaching isn't enough...

REC

doin'

werk.

Tater
11-02-2021, 10:59 PM
I've watched Cincinnati a couple of times. They wouldn't have a winning record in the SEC. They probably wouldn't in the Big 10 either. Maybe not even in the ACC.

You have no idea how bad the B10 actually is then. Notre Dame blew out Wisconsin who is blowing out other West teams left and right. Cincy dominated ND all game. This is a bad take and you're getting pretty consistent at having those

Todd4State
11-03-2021, 01:07 AM
Going into KY, PFF had us with the toughest schedule in the country to date. I haven't seen it this week, but I doubt we dropped much if at all playing a top 15 KY team.
The committee knows this.

Hardly none of us did bc we are a negative fanbase and the media doesn't cover us that way.

Exactly. It's amazing what happens when actual objectivity is brought into the conversation instead of Paul Finebaum's hot takes.

The reality is we're a young team learning a new system that was always going to take a couple of years to install. Our fans see us barely beating La Tech, try to act like we still would likely somehow lost a game we ended up losing by 2 because the officials literally game Memphis a TD, and because we lost to LSU when they had a pulse in a game that they have had circled on the calendar since KJ Costello ruined their National Championship recognition party by a field goal when Ruiz was out. Saban's scheme was just way ahead of where Will was a few weeks ago. And that was the biggest factor in that game IMO. Not to mention Alabama's offense is legit.

On the other hand we beat a good NC State team, a good A&M team on the road, and a good Kentucky team and blew out Vanderbilt like a good team is supposed to do. And then we have La Tech where we had a mount a big comeback in game one but we did it and should get credit for that. Most teams just get upset in that situation.

I'm not sure how we end the year. I think any of our three SEC games could go either way depending on how well we take care of the ball mostly.

bulldawg28
11-03-2021, 05:50 AM
You have no idea how bad the B10 actually is then. Notre Dame blew out Wisconsin who is blowing out other West teams left and right. Cincy dominated ND all game. This is a bad take and you're getting pretty consistent at having those

In all fairness Cincy was the last team to push Georgia. They squeaked the game out in the end in last year's via FG. I believe the majority of that team is back.

smootness
11-03-2021, 07:15 AM
Any criteria that puts Oregon 4 cannot also put Bama 2.

Oregon is not close to 4 based on any eye test.

And LOL at the idea Cincy might not be .500 in the ACC.

Apoplectic
11-03-2021, 07:20 AM
Any criteria that puts Oregon 4 cannot also put Bama 2.

Oregon is not close to 4 based on any eye test.

And LOL at the idea Cincy might not be .500 in the ACC.

Oregon is only there to be ahead of OSU

Dawgology
11-03-2021, 07:46 AM
Well on thunder and lightning they talked how ole Miss could likely go 11-1 with a loss to bama. A lot of people have been high on them. They're like Cincinnati, they haven't really played anyone. However the good teams they did play, they lost to them.

Yeah. For some reason the media (even our apparently) falls for the Ole Miss marketing hype every year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-03-2021, 07:49 AM
We're good, buddy...

1) Bammer 12-1
4) Ohio State 12-1

2) Georgia 12-1
3) Oregon 12-1

This is exactly how I see the playoff as well. If Bama loses to UGA they will put Oklahoma or 1 loss Michigan State in though. I don?t think Cincy has a chance unless a lot of crazy stuff happens

MaroonFlounder
11-03-2021, 08:25 AM
We actually got a shout out from Barrette Sally, unless he was being snarky or sarcastic.

He said before the season MSU would not win a SEC game...not even Vandy.

And he told Finebaum that the bowl streak would end.

PikeDawg15
11-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Yeah. For some reason the media (even our apparently) falls for the Ole Miss marketing hype every year.

SOMEBODY SEES WHAT IVE SEEN SINCE LAST YEAR

it doesn't matter how many points they put up, they still lost all last year.

WE WENT TO OXFORD WITH 40 18 Year olds and damn near won it if austin Williams didn't fumble at the 1 yard line.

This year we have played WAAAAAAY better teams than Ole Miss... Ole miss benefited from playing a demoralized LSU, if they wouldn't have fired O after Florida , LSU might would have won and if we played LSU rn we would run them off the field.

NC State just smoked their ACC team they played ( Louisville )

Just everything is insane how overhyped Joey Freshwater and Walmart manziel are

Most likely we are going to beat Arkansas, lose to auburn, beat Tennessee state/tech idek who it is, then probably win the egg bowl against the clown show.

The Ole Miss media hype is better than us because they have a more optimistic fan base than we do.

We have idiots on here still discounting our win against A&M and people now saying that Kentucky is a bad team.

If Ole miss was rolling like we are they would be protesting the playoff committee to let a 3 loss team in.

We have the momentum and if things go like I forecast.... we will have it for a few years

TrapGame
11-03-2021, 09:16 AM
We actually got a shout out from Barrette Sally, unless he was being snarky or sarcastic.

He said before the season MSU would not win a SEC game...not even Vandy.

And he told Finebaum that the bowl streak would end.

That's funny, sounds like some things our own "fans" have said too.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Can anyone name me ONE SPORT where a team can go undefeated and not be the champions of their league? College Football is literally the only sports league I've ever heard of where this is the case.

Fact is, expanding the playoffs won't "devalue the regular season", it would make it MORE meaningful. As it stands now, Cincinnati's season was OVER BEFORE IT EVER STARTED! A season CANNOT be more devalued than being told "doesn't matter what you do, you're already eliminated from the playoffs"?

4 teams is so small ia number that it's not even JUST the G5 that get told this: There's a legitimate chance Oklahoma -a blue blood- will be undefeated and miss the playoffs. Oregon is ranked ahead of them and OU has no big game on the schedule to pass them. Literally, our system is so broken a proven perennial top 5 team can go undefeated and not have a shot to prove they're the best, just because the teams on theri schedule suck. WHich is NOT something the 18 year olds control, they shouldn't be punished for outside factors like that.

So yes, Bama is the 2nd best team. Yes, the CFP committee is tasked to find the 4 "best" teams, not the 4 most "deserving" teams. But 1) 4 is simply too small a number because the regular season doesn't actually give a clear cut picture of the top 4, and 2) They SHOULDN'T be looking for the "best", it should be "most deserving". THAT'S WHATS FAIR! And I might add, that's what ACTUALLY makes the season matter. Bama shouldn't be allowed to take a game off because "in past seasons we built up a great resume so we'll get the benefit of the doubt". That means this season's games don't matter as much. And Cincinnati being left out no matter what is saying the games don't matter for them. Maybe after 3 seasons of going undefeated the Committee would give them a shot, but THIS season's games don't matter for them.

If you're undefeated, you have earned a right to make the playoffs. And if you're one of the top teams but you have a loss, you should still get in and have a chance to prove you're the best. Expand the playoffs to 12. Every team in the country would control their destiny at opening kickoff, as they do in every other league and sport

PikeDawg15
11-03-2021, 09:00 PM
Can anyone name me ONE SPORT where a team can go undefeated and not be the champions of their league? College Football is literally the only sports league I've ever heard of where this is the case.

Fact is, expanding the playoffs won't "devalue the regular season", it would make it MORE meaningful. As it stands now, Cincinnati's season was OVER BEFORE IT EVER STARTED! A season CANNOT be more devalued than being told "doesn't matter what you do, you're already eliminated from the playoffs"?

4 teams is so small ia number that it's not even JUST the G5 that get told this: There's a legitimate chance Oklahoma -a blue blood- will be undefeated and miss the playoffs. Oregon is ranked ahead of them and OU has no big game on the schedule to pass them. Literally, our system is so broken a proven perennial top 5 team can go undefeated and not have a shot to prove they're the best, just because the teams on theri schedule suck. WHich is NOT something the 18 year olds control, they shouldn't be punished for outside factors like that.

So yes, Bama is the 2nd best team. Yes, the CFP committee is tasked to find the 4 "best" teams, not the 4 most "deserving" teams. But 1) 4 is simply too small a number because the regular season doesn't actually give a clear cut picture of the top 4, and 2) They SHOULDN'T be looking for the "best", it should be "most deserving". THAT'S WHATS FAIR! And I might add, that's what ACTUALLY makes the season matter. Bama shouldn't be allowed to take a game off because "in past seasons we built up a great resume so we'll get the benefit of the doubt". That means this season's games don't matter as much. And Cincinnati being left out no matter what is saying the games don't matter for them. Maybe after 3 seasons of going undefeated the Committee would give them a shot, but THIS season's games don't matter for them.

If you're undefeated, you have earned a right to make the playoffs. And if you're one of the top teams but you have a loss, you should still get in and have a chance to prove you're the best. Expand the playoffs to 12. Every team in the country would control their destiny at opening kickoff, as they do in every other league and sport

I flip flop back and forth between 8 and 12

Hambone
11-03-2021, 09:27 PM
32 team playoff, only way it’s fair……..

Just kidding. I think it goes to 12 year after if not next year

PCHSDawg
11-03-2021, 09:53 PM

So if you play a lame schedule, but win all the games, you deserve to play for the title? I hate the bama gets the benefit of this but it's a bs argument. If this was the case we should move to a easier conference and dominate.

Maverick91
11-03-2021, 10:21 PM
So if you play a lame schedule, but win all the games, you deserve to play for the title? I hate the bama gets the benefit of this but it's a bs argument. If this was the case we should move to a easier conference and dominate.

Agreed! I get the OP thoughts. Bama would wipe the floor with Cinci and most of these people. I honestly feel like they should do a better job of hyping up the other bowl games. The issue is that everyone became so enamored with the NC that they forgot that they had a lot of other things to play for outside of the NC. Winning 8 or 9 games a years is a great thing to accomplish. But, when the talking heads all say that is a down year everybody starts to think that anything less than Bama is a sucky football team, when in reality what bama has done is nothing short of lighting in a bottle for a period. Being great in football honestly is way more than going 12-0. Bama has shown what perfection is, it takes stupid money, stupid buyin, stupid amount of money, and an administration that says "we will never get in your way and tell us what checks to write and where to send them." to accomplish what bama has done. NO ONE outside of bama has done this, even Clemson has had a bad year this year. Georgia is trying to build towards it. We will see if they can, but even with them they are still a 1 sided team. They need a lot of help if they run into a team with an elite Dfense they will have issues. Point is we need parody back in football.

70 man rosters
Star limits sign 10 4 star players year and 2 5 star recruits per season. That is 100% parody right there. on average there are 30 5 star recruits that moves the talent to at least the top 15 teams getting 2 five stars.

bulldawg28
11-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Agreed! I get the OP thoughts. Bama would wipe the floor with Cinci and most of these people. I honestly feel like they should do a better job of hyping up the other bowl games. The issue is that everyone became so enamored with the NC that they forgot that they had a lot of other things to play for outside of the NC. Winning 8 or 9 games a years is a great thing to accomplish. But, when the talking heads all say that is a down year everybody starts to think that anything less than Bama is a sucky football team, when in reality what bama has done is nothing short of lighting in a bottle for a period. Being great in football honestly is way more than going 12-0. Bama has shown what perfection is, it takes stupid money, stupid buyin, stupid amount of money, and an administration that says "we will never get in your way and tell us what checks to write and where to send them." to accomplish what bama has done. NO ONE outside of bama has done this, even Clemson has had a bad year this year. Georgia is trying to build towards it. We will see if they can, but even with them they are still a 1 sided team. They need a lot of help if they run into a team with an elite Dfense they will have issues. Point is we need parody back in football.

70 man rosters
Star limits sign 10 4 star players year and 2 5 star recruits per season. That is 100% parody right there. on average there are 30 5 star recruits that moves the talent to at least the top 15 teams getting 2 five stars.

Bama wouldn't wipe the floor with Cincy. Georgia thought the same going into their bowl game last year. This year's Bama team is not destroying teams that are not intimidated. Any team team with decent depth and big kahunas will make it a game.

sleepy dawg
11-04-2021, 07:44 AM
I used to not be in favor of expanding the playoffs, but seeing Bama number 2 right now has changed my mind. The argument of what would happen if 2 teams played is a terrible factor to ever consider. Rankings should be based solely on wins/losses, who you played in those games and where those games were played... your history for this season so far, with zero consideration for what you expect to happen.
If Alabama had defeated Texas AM, being ranked 2nd would be a reasonable place for them, at best. Their best wins being Ole Miss and State. I also can't help but wonder if they ranked us so high to help justify their Bama ranking...
However, the #2 ranking for Bama simply has to be either outright ignoring the loss to A&M (or maybe even counting it as a win) OR it is ranking based on how good you think a team is, which then makes playing games pointless. The committee can then rank teams anywhere they want, regardless of wins and losses.
These rankings make the least sense of any I've ever seen by the committee, and makes me want to expand the playoffs. If Bama is going to get in just b/c we think they're probably good instead of what they actually are, then a lot more teams need a shot to prove it.

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 07:59 AM
The correct number is 8. It gives the 5 P5 conference champs and 3 at large spots. It also only extends the season by 1 week if done correctly. This not only ensures that anyone can earn their way in, but also keeps value in winning every game with the least amount of impact on player?s bodies adding only one more game/week to an already tough grind.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 08:33 AM
Bama wouldn't wipe the floor with Cincy. Georgia thought the same going into their bowl game last year. This year's Bama team is not destroying teams that are not intimidated. Any team team with decent depth and big kahunas will make it a game.

For two quarters, yes! I think Bama ends up winning by 2 touchdowns when its all said and done at this point in the season. Now I say this praying LSU can pull a miracle!

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 08:35 AM
The correct number is 8. It gives the 5 P5 conference champs and 3 at large spots. It also only extends the season by 1 week if done correctly. This not only ensures that anyone can earn their way in, but also keeps value in winning every game with the least amount of impact on player?s bodies adding only one more game/week to an already tough grind.

I can get behind that.

TUSK
11-04-2021, 04:54 PM
heck, if we're gonna put teams from really weak conferences, let's just make it "all-inclusive"...

All five P5, five G5, 1 independent, and 5 at large bids... 16 total teams... (these were seeded by final 2014 CFP Ranking)

NO ONE and I mean "No One" could bitch about this (I found this old XLS from '14 on my laptop):

2014 College Football Playoffs
Seed/Conference Champ/Rank/Team/Final Record

1 B1G ? 1 Ohio State 14-1
16 Sun Belt ? UR Georgia Southern 9-3

8 At Large 3 ? 8 Georgia Tech 11-3
9 At Large 4 ? 9 Georgia 10-3

4 SEC ? 4 Alabama 12-2
13 AAC ? 25 Memphis 10-3

5 ACC ? 5 FSU 13-1
12 CUSA ? 23 Marshall 13-1

2 PAC ? 2 Oregon 13-2
15 MAC ? UR Northern Illinois 11-3

7 BIG 12 ? 7 Baylor 12-1
10 At Large 5 ? 10 UCLA 10-3

3 At Large 1 ? 3 TCU 12-1
14 Independent ? UR BYU 8-5

6 At Large 2 ? 6 Michigan State 12-2
11 MWC ? 16 Boise State 12-2

2014 Bowl Season
11 Mississippi State 10-3 v 12 Arizona State 10-3
13 Wisconsin 11-3 v 14 Missouri 11-3
15 Clemson 10-3 v 17 Ole Miss 9-4
18 Kansas State 9-4 v 19 Arizona 10-4
20 USC 9-4 v 21 Utah 9-4
22 Auburn 8-5 v 24 Louisville 9-4

BeardoMSU
11-04-2021, 05:05 PM
11 Mississippi State 10-3 v 12 Arizona State 10-3

Would've definitely been preferred over facing that mutant GTech offense.

bulldawg28
11-04-2021, 08:23 PM

8 is a solid number.

bulldawg28
11-04-2021, 08:25 PM
For two quarters, yes! I think Bama ends up winning by 2 touchdowns when its all said and done at this point in the season. Now I say this praying LSU can pull a miracle!

It's possible. LSU matches up well with Bama defensively and can throw the football offensively.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2021, 08:56 PM
Bartool what ever his name is said on Bo Bounds "And yes I tune in for about 5 minutes yesterday" never again, but he said State was a prop up school in the poll. He said they needed State to be ranked in the top 20 to justify putting Alabama number two. He also said to justify putting Miss State at number 17 they had to rank NC State. He said nothing about KY and Ole Miss who are both 0-2 against the current top 25. he said nothing about State beating KY and A&M. We are 3-1 against the top 25. I have not looked but is there anyone else who has played 4 of the top 25? Then Watching the Louisianan vs GA State game tonight at half time the question was ask who was ranked that should not be ranked the the guy only said State. He said no school with three loss should be top 25. Never mind that we have wins against both KY and A&M. I am sick of that type crap.

sleepy dawg
11-05-2021, 08:13 AM
Bartool what ever his name is said on Bo Bounds "And yes I tune in for about 5 minutes yesterday" never again, but he said State was a prop up school in the poll. He said they needed State to be ranked in the top 20 to justify putting Alabama number two. He also said to justify putting Miss State at number 17 they had to rank NC State. He said nothing about KY and Ole Miss who are both 0-2 against the current top 25. he said nothing about State beating KY and A&M. We are 3-1 against the top 25. I have not looked but is there anyone else who has played 4 of the top 25? Then Watching the Louisianan vs GA State game tonight at half time the question was ask who was ranked that should not be ranked the the guy only said State. He said no school with three loss should be top 25. Never mind that we have wins against both KY and A&M. I am sick of that type crap.

I've been thinking the same thing. This is the first time a 1 loss team has ever debuted in the top 2 of the CFP poll. This is also the highest a 3 loss team has ever been ranked in the initial poll. Alabama's ranking makes no sense. They needed to do their best to make it make sense.

bulldawg28
11-05-2021, 08:18 AM

I agree 1000% with the sentiment. It's all for Bama imo

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:26 AM
Would've definitely been preferred over facing that mutant GTech offense.

The Boneraid

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:29 AM
I mean does anyone hear not think that we deserve that ranking?

3 top 25 wins. took care of business where we needed to (Vandy) some might argue that we beat Memphis and we were some boneheaded plays away from beating LSU. We are not the team that played those games. At this point in the season and I believe the team will prove me right tomorrow, we are a top 20 team.

TrapGame
11-05-2021, 08:37 AM

3 top 25 wins. took care of business where we needed to (Vandy) some might argue that we beat Memphis and we were some boneheaded plays away from beating LSU. We are not the team that played those games. At this point in the season and I believe the team will prove me right tomorrow, we are a top 20 team.

Win Saturday and that goes away. On the road versus a salty Arkansas team. That would shut a lot of folks up.

OLJWales
11-05-2021, 08:42 AM
I flip flop back and forth between 8 and 12

I say double it to max 8. 1-4 hosts 5-8 for 1st round home field advantages. Late season top 10 games need to keep the "lose and no natty" ramifications. Going over 8 would indeed dilute some special regular season games. A # 8 team beating a # 4 on the road has no bidness having to play them at a neutral site in playoffs. Losers shouldn't be walking off a field knowing they'll get another shot at the team that just whipped them in a crucial regular season game. Best regular season in all of sports cuz of do or die games.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Win Saturday and that goes away. On the road versus a salty Arkansas team. That would shut a lot of folks up.

Agreed, especially with them having basically two weeks off to prepare.

A lot is riding on this weekend, if the win and remotely make our offense look anemic, heck even if we win but we look anemic, they will spin that crap is " Odom has the keys to defeating the Air Raid. and Miss. State got a lucky bounce here and there."

It's not just winning we need to win well like we did verse UK, we have to win in such a way that they cannot spin anything they have to acknowledge that we were the better team.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:09 AM
It's possible. LSU matches up well with Bama defensively and can throw the football offensively.

The bama-lsu game will be a live execution on ESPN at 6, I will be tuned in to that tennessee - Kentucky game to see if Kentucky is actually good.

Bama will beat the breaks off LSU because including last year, saban had that Instagram live video of Oregeron saying we will beat their ass every year in every aspect of football
Bama 51-17

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:15 AM
I truly believe the committee saw the Memphis game and read the sec's statement after the game basically saying we f'd up a lot and state should have won the game.

I think the committee views is as a 2 loss team..

On Thunder and Lightning they brought up a question that I had thought about.

State wins out.
A&M wins out.
Alabama wins out, goes to the sec title game, beats Georgia in a very close game.

Bama and UGA in the playoff

The highest ranked non CFB Playoff team from the sec is put in the sugar bowl

Texas A&M and MSU would have the biggest non playoff debate in history on who gets the sugar bowl
because if in fact the Memphis game doesn't matter.... MSU should get in ahead of A&M because of head to head and it was @A&M

basedog
11-05-2021, 09:18 AM
Media overall has been rough on Msu being #17, only 2 teams in top 25 with 3 losses. I think we deserve our ranking, I think it's media folks jealous of the Sec overall.

I've said it before, the Arkansas game will tell us a lot more, I sure hope we look sharp to shut up all the media folks, and even folks like me for being doubtful, LOL.

TrapGame
11-05-2021, 09:19 AM
The bama-lsu game will be a live execution on ESPN at 6, I will be tuned in to that tennessee - Kentucky game to see if Kentucky is actually good.

Bama will beat the breaks off LSU because including last year, saban had that Instagram live video of Oregeron saying we will beat their ass every year in every aspect of football
Bama 51-17

Yeah, I'm way more interested in the UK/Vols game. I'm rooting for Kentucky the rest of the way.

sleepy dawg
11-05-2021, 09:35 AM

I don't think we deserve it. I was very stunned and very happy to see that we were ranked there. You're right about the 3 top 25 wins, and that's awesome, but we lost to Memphis and we lost to LSU. Whether we're the same team we were earlier in the season shouldn't really matter when ranking teams. It should be your full body of work, and those first 3 games of the season should count just as much in the rankings as the last 3. Every team plays 12 games. Those 12 games all count. There's no exhibition. I do feel our ranking is about what we should've been had we beaten Memphis, and maybe that's the reason we're ranked there. Losing to a team as bad as Memphis should absolutely hurt. As put in other sports, that's a quadrant 4 loss. It's bad. To me we have 1 great win, and 1 terrible loss. Those basically offset. Then we have 2 pretty good wins. The rest of what we've done is somewhere in the middle. If I was ranking, I'd probably have us somewhere just outside the top 25.

OLJWales
11-05-2021, 09:45 AM
I don't think we deserve it. I was very stunned and very happy to see that we were ranked there. You're right about the 3 top 25 wins, and that's awesome, but we lost to Memphis and we lost to LSU. Whether we're the same team we were earlier in the season shouldn't really matter when ranking teams. It should be your full body of work, and those first 3 games of the season should count just as much in the rankings as the last 3. Every team plays 12 games. Those 12 games all count. There's no exhibition. I do feel our ranking is about what we should've been had we beaten Memphis, and maybe that's the reason we're ranked there. Losing to a team as bad as Memphis should absolutely hurt. As put in other sports, that's a quadrant 4 loss. It's bad. To me we have 1 great win, and 1 terrible loss. Those basically offset. Then we have 2 pretty good wins. The rest of what we've done is somewhere in the middle. If I was ranking, I'd probably have us somewhere just outside the top 25.

Interesting take and topic. We are clearly a better team now so how much penalty do we continue to take cuz of early season clusters? Outside the sodomy from Satan, we've been CLEARLY playing top 20 ball 2nd half of season thus far.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 09:49 AM

Looks like bama wasn't penalize at all for their loss to a team that lost to Mississippi state at home.

What I have noticed over the past 6 years is that the committee values good wins over anything else..

Perfect example is 2017 Auburn, they lost 2 games early in the season ( @clemson and @LSU) but went on to beat very good teams including #1 Alabama and #1 Georgia and the week after the iron bowl they were ranked #2 in the playoff

sleepy dawg
11-05-2021, 10:00 AM
Looks like bama wasn't penalize at all for their loss to a team that lost to Mississippi state at home.

What I have noticed over the past 6 years is that the committee values good wins over anything else..

Perfect example is 2017 Auburn, they lost 2 games early in the season ( @clemson and @LSU) but went on to beat very good teams including #1 Alabama and #1 Georgia and the week after the iron bowl they were ranked #2 in the playoff

Clemson was #1 that year and LSU was a good team too. That's apples and oranges comparing to our Memphis loss.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Clemson was #1 that year and LSU was a good team too. That's apples and oranges comparing to our Memphis loss.

I think the committee is ignoring the Memphis loss*********** because of what happened and the official statement after the game. Memphis was handed around 21 points, 14 from the refs and 7 from the fumble with nobody near marks on that first drive

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:04 AM

But I agree that its apples and oranges but, I just think they are completely ignoring that Memphis loss and looking at us as a 2 loss team

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 10:13 AM

I do get your point, but, you have to understand that the committee has set precedence before that early season games are not graded as bad when you look at the body of work in the later part of the season.

Specific scenario is Ohio State in 2014 they were ranked 8th and walked into Virginia Tech and lost by two touchdowns and didn't look good doing it either. VT ended up going 6-6 7-6 with the Bowl win.

Ohio State was not only highly ranked with the first Playoff ranking came out they ended up being in the final four and winning it all that year after they lost to a 6-6 VT team.

I am not saying that the scenarios are equal. But, I am saying that they have set the precedence to overlook a bad lose if the body of work "looks" way better.

TrapGame
11-05-2021, 10:20 AM
I do get your point, but, you have to understand that the committee has set precedence before that early season games are not graded as bad when you look at the body of work in the later part of the season.

Specific scenario is Ohio State in 2014 they were ranked 8th and walked into Virginia Tech and lost by two touchdowns and didn't look good doing it either. VT ended up going 6-6 7-6 with the Bowl win.

Ohio State was not only highly ranked with the first Playoff ranking came out they ended up being in the final four and winning it all that year after they lost to a 6-6 VT team.

I am not saying that the scenarios are equal. But, I am saying that they have set the precedence to overlook a bad lose if the body of work "looks" way better.

Correct.

Had we lost straight up to Memphis without Curles and his crew going full retard in that game we would not be in the top 25. The SEC statement released after the game was a sad mea culpa. The committee is ignoring that game b/c it was total cluster**** in officiating.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Correct.

Had we lost straight up to Memphis without Curles and his crew going full retard in that game we would not be in the top 25. The SEC statement released after the game was a sad mea culpa. The committee is ignoring that game b/c it was total cluster**** in officiating.

I am probably one of the younger people on the board... started watching football mid of croom era, that's the worst officiated football game I've ever seen and that was the worst call I have ever seen since 2006

bulldawg28
11-05-2021, 10:27 AM

The game tomorrow will tell if we deserve the ranking. A true #17 ranked team will beat an unranked Arkansas at home.

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 10:28 AM
The game tomorrow will tell if we deserve the ranking. A true #17 ranked team will beat an unranked Arkansas at home.

If we win that we will definitely be ranked ahead of the A&M/Auburn loser... probably somewhere around #13

TrapGame
11-05-2021, 10:35 AM
I am probably one of the younger people on the board... started watching football mid of croom era, that's the worst officiated football game I've ever seen and that was the worst call I have ever seen since 2006

Yeah, this went well behind some phantom holding call or no call for blatant pass interference in the end zone. There is clear video evidence that play was blown dead after we "downed" the ball.

sleepy dawg
11-05-2021, 10:59 AM

They have used that before as justification, you're right. I just don't agree with it. Also, the Memphis loss was only 5 games ago and LSU 4 games ago. That was game 3 and 4 of our 8 played, so it's not like it is ancient history.

Our ranking makes much more sense if they aren't counting Memphis against us, but if that's true, they should say that. Let us know bs officiating won't be held against you.

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 11:20 AM
They have used that before as justification, you're right. I just don't agree with it. Also, the Memphis loss was only 5 games ago and LSU 4 games ago. That was game 3 and 4 of our 8 played, so it's not like it is ancient history.

Our ranking makes much more sense if they aren't counting Memphis against us, but if that's true, they should say that. Let us know bs officiating won't be held against you.

I'll buy that, and agree. I wish more statements would come out against stupid officials. But, that would be ballzie for the CFP committee to come out against their bread and butter conference. :(

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2021, 11:38 AM
The 3 loss point is interesting:
2019 - Ok State debuts at #23 at 6-3
2018 - Iowa State at #24 at 4-3 and Mississippi State #18 at 5-3

COHEN HAS RIGGED THE COMMITTEE!!!!

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-05-2021, 03:00 PM

Do They though?

What's Bama's best win this season? What's OSU's best win this season? What's Cincinnati's best win?

So they don't value "best win", they don't value "No loses", they don't value "least embarrassing loss" (or OSU would be above Bama). What do they value?

"Eye test"? Or is it Money? But it isn't the ACTUAL results on the field, or any evenly applied standard to all teams

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 03:03 PM
Do They though?

What's Bama's best win this season? What's OSU's best win this season? What's Cincinnati's best win?

So they don't value "best win", they don't value "No loses", they don't value "least embarrassing loss" (or OSU would be above Bama). What do they value?

"Eye test"? Or is it Money? But it isn't the ACTUAL results on the field, or any evenly applied standard to all teams

Actually Texas A&M would beat Oregon right now in my opinion...

PikeDawg15
11-05-2021, 03:05 PM

and it was at ohio state's house and bama lost by a field goal on the road so technically I would rank bama ahead of ohio state... just not bama at#2...

If wake forrest goes undefeated and does not get in or a 1 loss or possibly undefeated Oklahoma or both of them..... I really think this is the last year of a 4 team invitational

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-05-2021, 03:18 PM
I can't say whether A&M would beat Oregon, because CFB is too big to get many cross reference data points.... Which is why the playoffs should be expanded to 12. Take care of business vs the schedule you face, and then we'll let you sort it out on the field vs other top teams. Top 4 teams get a bye to preserve the importance of staying as perfect as possible, not just lock up a top 12 spot. Again, every other league in the world has no issue getting a playoff together

Maverick91
11-05-2021, 03:19 PM

I dont think A&M has the passing attack to get it done. That would be a good bowl game though.

sleepy dawg
11-06-2021, 08:34 AM
Do They though?

Correct. There is no consistency at all. It's seemingly whatever criteria needed to rank the teams wherever they want to rank them. That's the only thing that makes sense. I liked the committee early on, but they're getting worse. There at least used to be some consistency. Their rankings were usually pretty closely aligned with top computer metrics and it was easier to see what they were valuing. I really wish they would go with a commonly used computer metric at this point. One that's tried and true, only focuses on wins, losses, where you played the games, and that's it. Then everyone would know the formula and know what it would take to get to where you wanted, or why you didn't get there.

MoreCowbell
11-06-2021, 11:47 AM
I think the committee is ignoring the Memphis loss*********** because of what happened and the official statement after the game. Memphis was handed around 21 points, 14 from the refs and 7 from the fumble with nobody near marks on that first drive

That game should not have been close. It sucks we lost but I hate the excuses for that game. We laid an egg

bulldawg28
11-06-2021, 11:56 AM
That game should not have been close. It sucks we lost but I hate the excuses for that game. We laid an egg

Yep

RocketDawg
11-06-2021, 11:56 AM
I'll buy that, and agree. I wish more statements would come out against stupid officials. But, that would be ballzie for the CFP committee to come out against their bread and butter conference. :(

Agree, and it doesn't have to be for close calls that we all complain about as fans; it's about the obvious, outcome-changing grossly incorrect calls, such as the Memphis punt return.