Bama Beat State lost to A&M
A&M Beat Bama lost to State

Who wins the west?

Apoplectic
11-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Damn what a dangled web

Saltydog
11-02-2021, 03:59 PM
Wow, we beat a decent UK team and folks here have us winning the west.

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 04:12 PM
. Three-Team Tie (or more): If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):

A. Combined head to head record among the tied teams; = I think we are still tied.

B. Record of the tied teams within the division; = we are still tied at this point as well.

C. Head to head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place); = this wouldn't work because the top two teams in this scenario ( pissers and auburn) would be tied at 4-4 conference.

D. Overall Conference record against non divisional teams; = this wouldn't work we all won our non division game.

E. Combined record against all common non divisional teams; = this wouldn't work either as we all played different EAST teams.

F. Record against the common non divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non divisional) and proceeding through other common non divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and = see E.

G. Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents (Note: If two teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, then the two-team tiebreaker procedures apply. If four teams are tied, and three teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, the three-team tiebreaker procedures will be used beginning with 2.A.);

this eliminates A&M as their non division games have the lowest record (probably ) of the three teams at 4-12 (Mizzu and SC) this bumps us to the two way tie breaker. which is a head to head and Bama wins.

Example (Western 1 would be the representative)

TIED TEAMS NON-DIVISIONAL OPPONENTS CUMULATIVE RECORD
Western 1 Eastern Opponents: 14-2
Western 2 Eastern Opponents: 12-4
Western 3 Eastern Opponents: 8-8
H. Coin flip of the tied teams with the team with the odd result being the representative (Example: If there are two teams with tails and one team with heads, the team with heads is the representative).

EDIT: Someone smarter than me with this, did I get this right?

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 04:13 PM
Wow, we beat a decent UK team and folks here have us winning the west.

bro, chill. We have a legit shot at being 6-2 this year. Honestly the above scenario is not that far fetched.

Todd4State
11-02-2021, 04:29 PM
Of course Bama would win.
This is SEC football.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Already covered in this thread:
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?88819-Too-early-to-start-talking-divisional-tiebreakers

It's... Mississippi State! (Assuming Auburn beats Alabama and finishes ahead of Arkansas and LSU in the standings)

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 05:53 PM
Already covered in this thread:
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?88819-Too-early-to-start-talking-divisional-tiebreakers

It's... Mississippi State! (Assuming Auburn beats Alabama and finishes ahead of Arkansas and LSU in the standings)

So, you are saying we would have the tie breaker verse bama? If we are both at 6-2.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2021, 06:04 PM
So, you are saying we would have the tie breaker verse bama? If we are both at 6-2.

Only if it's a 3-way tie at 6-2 with us, Alabama, and Texas A&M, and if Auburn beats Alabama and finishes ahead of LSU and Arkansas.

If that exact scenario doesn't happen, then we can only finish ahead of Alabama if they have more losses than us. A 3-way 6-2 tie with Auburn and Alabama sends Auburn to Atlanta, for example. And a 2-way tie with just us and Alabama sends Alabama to Atlanta.

ETA - I haven't mapped out a scenario on this specifically, but it should theoretically also work if Arkansas beats Alabama instead of Auburn, as long as Arkansas finishes ahead of Auburn and LSU in the SEC standings.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 07:21 PM
This is the most likely scenario for a msu west bid ( wont happen I know saltydog is reading) Its just fun to imagine.

State wins out. beats Arky Auburn and Mississippi

A&M/ Auburn winner has 2 sec losses at the end of the year

A&M HAS to beat Ole miss. If Ole Miss beats A&M the scenario is dead

Auburn wins iron bowl

6-2 MSU
6-2 A&M/Auburn
6-2 BAMA
5-3 Auburn/A&M game loser

in this scenario MSU goes to Atlanta

Leeshouldveflanked
11-02-2021, 07:47 PM
So you saying theres a chance.

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 08:05 PM
So you saying theres a chance.

There is a chance! Imagine Mike Leach winning the SEC championship

Homedawg
11-02-2021, 08:21 PM
bro, chill. We have a legit shot at being 6-2 this year. Honestly the above scenario is not that far fetched.

There's a better shot we lose out in league games than we win out...2 on the road. One against a rival. Non are patsies.

PikeDawg15
11-02-2021, 08:28 PM
There's a better shot we lose out in league games than we win out...2 on the road. One against a rival. Non are patsies.

Probably so. But it honestly isn't too far fetched

We should be 6-2 rn I'll never count the Memphis loss********

It doesn't matter in the sec race anyway and the committee even told us that tonight.

I think we will beat Arkansas

Could catch a A&M team sleeping after the game of the week this Saturday. state @ auburn is at 11am

We are just better than Ole miss..... Honestly don't know why some people think they are so good... especially with manziel jr hurt

Quaoarsking
11-02-2021, 08:33 PM
This is the most likely scenario for a msu west bid ( wont happen I know saltydog is reading) Its just fun to imagine.

State wins out. beats Arky Auburn and Mississippi

A&M/ Auburn winner has 2 sec losses at the end of the year

A&M HAS to beat Ole miss. If Ole Miss beats A&M the scenario is dead

Auburn wins iron bowl

6-2 MSU
6-2 A&M/Auburn
6-2 BAMA
5-3 Auburn/A&M game loser

in this scenario MSU goes to Atlanta

A 3-way tie with Auburn send Auburn to Atlanta because they'd have a better division record. It has to be A&M for us to go.

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 08:48 PM

I don’t disagree. But, I’m also not going to buy into the thought that those games aren’t closer to 50/50 splits than just the other team is going to win.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Auburn would be the highest ranking between them and the shit birds because they now hold the tie breaker placing them in 3rd. Bama would be out first because they would have a loss to Auburn.

Then head to head between atm and MSU, we have the tie breaker.