PDA

View Full Version : My Grapevine say: M over S maybe here to stay

Indndawg
11-02-2021, 02:00 PM
M logo very well maybe gone

So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?

Jarius
11-02-2021, 02:04 PM
By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.

BayouDawg
11-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Either lied or too incompetent and lazy to do his homework on the actual agreement. I guess it could be all of the above.

TrapGame
11-02-2021, 02:08 PM
I thought that was interlocking MSU coming back b/c it turns out Nike don't own shit.

But, I'm good with M over S too.

Hambone
11-02-2021, 02:10 PM
M logo very well maybe gone

So did Lonnie Tinkle sell us a lie or what?
I thought the issue was the interlocking MSU, not the M over S

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2021, 02:14 PM
By your grapevine do you mean the update Steve Robertson just put on genespage that you are now passing off as your own? Lol.

The OP said M over S. Steve update was about the interlocking MSU.

DCdawg
11-02-2021, 02:17 PM
I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).

TNDawg35
11-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Ok, can someone please make this a little clearer? What’s going on with each logo?

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 03:11 PM
Nike does NOT own the interlocking logo. Expect it to be circulating in the vault releases. Who knows if it will go on the helmets.

That is awesome! And also, I want to kick our marketing people in the nuts for not pumping out merch with the MSU on it.

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 03:13 PM
I guess I'm in the minority in liking the M State banner (I dislike the Mississippi State banner currently on the chest emblem).

M-STATE could be a beginning. Eventually dropping the M.

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 03:38 PM
This is our correct and best by far helmet logo for football.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254706540505?chn=ps&var=554482244173&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1Vh5hsF13RriLB-tDkmrOSQ37&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=554482244173_254706540505&targetid=1262376589096&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9014113&poi=&campaignid=12873833215&mkgroupid=121652771516&rlsatarget=pla-1262376589096&abcId=9300536&merchantid=433595072&gclid=Cj0KCQjww4OMBhCUARIsAILndv6JNIra1w-yViCjBxNA924Osp-IQ8bKEPbGFvm3mZJTNN6ST7mTGmoaAl9JEALw_wcB

BeastMan
11-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Hell ya

Dawgology
11-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Noice

schddog72
11-02-2021, 08:13 PM

This!!

Todd4State
11-03-2021, 12:56 AM
To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.

Dak Holliday
11-03-2021, 07:15 AM
To me nothing represents the disconnect between the athletic administration and MSU fans more than the M-State logo. The old M-State logo (Croom years) was liked by LT. The new current one is basically an updated modernized better version of that. But most fans do not like the M-State logo. But the athletic administration has for years chosen to cater to their hero Larry Templeton over what the fans want to the point where they told half truth/lies about "well Nike owns it now so we can't use it anymore" without even trying to come up with a solution such as Adidas coming up with their own version or a compromise such as an interlocking MSU some games and M-State for others.

Things like this are why our fans get frustrated and sometimes hurts support of the team. The "marketing" excuse of well we don't want people in Nevada or Vermont mixing us up with Michigan State or Ole Miss is insane. MSU needs to market to the people that are most likely going to BUY their merchandise an wear it. That's people in Mississippi that know who Mississippi State is.

And fans have not liked the logo for almost 20 years now. But yet MSU is telling their customers that "you're wrong". And the fact that M-State feels like it has been forced down our throats because of this "marketing" "branding" "sold it off" excuses is actually in many ways something that would have made Larry Templeton proud. So fitting.

But enough of that- I think it's time to bring back the interlocking MSU in a modern way. If they want to wear M over S on the helmet that's fine but to be honest I just think the interlocking MSU looks better on a football helmet.

If MSU wants better fan support and to sell more merchandise they need to start giving the fans what they want more. And this is just one way.
This might be your best post. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Dawgology
11-03-2021, 07:38 AM

This. Of all the MSU apparel that I own none of it has the banner M on it. It’s a terrible design and looks so generic. We need to go MoverS or Script State or MSJ. No one is going to confuse us with Montana State. We are in the damn SEC folks will confuse the people wearing Montana State logo as ours.

FISHDAWG
11-03-2021, 07:57 AM
good post Todd ... sums it up nicely

Maverick91
11-03-2021, 08:32 AM

PREACH PREACH PREACH!

But, seriously that is marketing 101 find out what the people want and give it to them. It is not rocket science.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
11-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Script State or M over S. I would be happy with either one.

MagicDawg
11-03-2021, 11:57 AM
I've always liked the newer M-State compared to ruffle M-State (blech).

I have long thought that M-S-U in most forms is not as useful or differentiating as even M-State.

I don't like the MSJ or interlocking skinny MSU -- I don't think they look good on helmets or apparel. M-State has a more square image profile and I've always thought from a branding perspective it was the most flexible and useful.

I wish more people liked it. They don't. If we change, I wish we could change to something that wasn't the old interlocking stuff, either.

But I get it. I'm used to being outnumbered. :D

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-03-2021, 12:16 PM
We can change the helmet decal and still use the banner logo elsewhere. I just think the banner does not look good on a helmet.

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2021, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a new book for Rosebowl. Larry Templeton: The Puppet Master.

How one retired, villain of an Athletic Director pulled the strings of all his successors.***