PDA

View Full Version : Closed threads

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 12:16 AM
It's not game day and we're still closing threads discussing Mullen or Hud? Really?
What are the rules? Can we discuss replacing Mullen? Can we talk about Hud?

Coach34
11-18-2013, 12:19 AM
It's not game day and we're still closing threads discussing Mullen or Hud? Really?

Not until we lose our chance to win 6 games

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM

I was wondering what was up with that.....

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM
We can only talk about how good Mullen is doing.

Unless we are calling Tyler a soft *****.

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 12:22 AM

Well played.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM

GOLD

drunkernhelldawg
11-18-2013, 01:47 AM
People need to realize that replacing Mullen means starting over. It may not work out this way, but the best scenario is for Mullen to turn things around. I don't think it requires winning six games. I have always been lukewarm toward Mullen, from the start, but I think we do have to give him some credit for putting a team on the field that competes with top teams. Yesterday's defensive performance ranks among the top ten or twenty in our history. I just think we'll be a lot better off by making what we have work. We've started over and we've started over, and what has ever been the gain from that?

AROB44
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM
People need to realize that replacing Mullen means starting over. It may not work out this way, but the best scenario is for Mullen to turn things around. I don't think it requires winning six games. I have always been lukewarm toward Mullen, from the start, but I think we do have to give him some credit for putting a team on the field that competes with top teams. Yesterday's defensive performance ranks among the top ten or twenty in our history. I just think we'll be a lot better off by making what we have work. We've started over and we've started over, and what has ever been the gain from that?

Don't you know it is blasphemy to say our team did good against a top ranked team? We don't do good.....the other team has a bad game, had a down week, etc. That is the correct MSU response. we are the only fan base in America that ALWAYS say that Bama had a bad game, didn't play up to their potential, etc. I say we played damn good. Bama didn't play bad....we just played better.

Dawgface
11-18-2013, 08:23 AM

Ain't that the truth. But the owners can do what they want. It's their site. The only options members have is to suck it up or do something else.

notsofarawaydawg
11-18-2013, 08:48 AM
You whiney bitches are almost as bad as having to deal with the bears who have taken over another board run by the 6 which I have completely left behind.

You can't follow rules so migrate back there until the end of the season and come back when the discussion is open. How hard is that to grasp?

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 08:57 AM

Good point. I'll lock that from now on too.

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Ain't that the truth. But the owners can do what they want. It's their site. The only options members have is to suck it up or do something else.

just to be clear. we don't want anyone going anywhere. we like 99% of our members, even the whiney complainers. I love engie even though he's been damn near unbearable for me to read lately.... but he brings it and makes this a better place.

It's just the incessant, and it was, bitching about a single person had to stop. It went from a MSU sports board to a "who can bitch the most about CDM" board. Inject the trolling rebels who apparently don't have a life worth living, and we had to take some action to clean things up. I think the boards been great again over the last week or so despite the two losses. Proof we can be civilized...

Barking 13
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
just to be clear. we don't want anyone going anywhere. we like 99% of our members, even the whiney complainers. I love engie even though he's been damn near unbearable for me to read lately.... but he brings it and makes this a better place.

It's just the incessant, and it was, bitching about a single person had to stop. It went from a MSU sports board to a "who can bitch the most about CDM" board. Inject the trolling rebels who apparently don't have a life worth living, and we had to take some action to clean things up. I think the boards been great again over the last week or so despite the two losses. Proof we can be civilized...

now they are bitching about baseball... smdh....

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 11:09 AM
I would prefer CDM be our OC rather than HC with all seriousness?;)

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
You whiney bitches are almost as bad as having to deal with the bears who have taken over another board run by the 6 which I have completely left behind.

You can't follow rules so migrate back there until the end of the season and come back when the discussion is open. How hard is that to grasp?

Good grief.

Coach34
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
We know where people stand for the most part by now. Time to let the next 2 weeks play out. It is extremely unlikely that we will fire a coach that gets us in a bowl game- so until we lose either one to guarantee us a losing season-we are going to keep it this way. Lose one-then you can post fire Mullenz and new coach threads 24 hours a day.

Vandownbytheriver
11-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Can we stop the "Mullen is god" threads too then? Play it both ways. No one is going to change anyone's mind, but only allowing the side you like to post their thoughts is douchey as hell. I pretty much stopped posting on my brothers site for that reason. Everyone claims to have all these super secret inside sources and not a damn soul knows shit right now. If we win the next two, he stays. If we win one of two he stays. If we lose two close ones, he stays. If we get skull ****ed by Ole Miss and lose to Arkansas, he might get fired. I don't care what happens with the rest of the season because I think he's peaked, but to only allow the side that supports your rants is pretty damn sad. Don't be the guy who censors people to make you look right. That was the thing that attracted a lot of people here. We can all call each other a raging dumb ass and still have debates without locking or deleting threads.

Percho
11-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't you know it is blasphemy to say our team did good against a top ranked team? We don't do good.....the other team has a bad game, had a down week, etc. That is the correct MSU response. we are the only fan base in America that ALWAYS say that Bama had a bad game, didn't play up to their potential, etc. I say we played damn good. Bama didn't play bad....we just played better.

I was at the game and thought we played really good but now after listening to 56 radio Memphis this morning I found out Bama had an off day. Even misquoted Nick Saban to back it up.

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Can we stop the "Mullen is god" threads too then? Play it both ways. No one is going to change anyone's mind, but only allowing the side you like to post their thoughts is douchey as hell. I pretty much stopped posting on my brothers site for that reason. Everyone claims to have all these super secret inside sources and not a damn soul knows shit right now. If we win the next two, he stays. If we win one of two he stays. If we lose two close ones, he stays. If we get skull ****ed by Ole Miss and lose to Arkansas, he might get fired. I don't care what happens with the rest of the season because I think he's peaked, but to only allow the side that supports your rants is pretty damn sad. Don't be the guy who censors people to make you look right. That was the thing that attracted a lot of people here. We can all call each other a raging dumb ass and still have debates without locking or deleting threads.

I think it's even done both ways. if not, send a OM to someone and it'll get locked. When we posted about it we said it would be closed if it was about CDM sucks/is heavenly regardless of the position being taken. I though the mods had done a pretty good job of catching both, but some may have slipped through.