PDA

View Full Version : Wow UF just cancelled all Don's...

Indndawg
11-01-2021, 03:12 PM
media availability this week (sans teleconference)

presser ends (abruptly) early, no players made available

No Dan and handful of players for the end of game Fight Song.

Sumpins goin on in Loafers Land

Dawgbite
11-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Rut Ro Raggy!

Indndawg
11-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Dan just thought he could go to UF and the 5 stars would line up there....hang out a country club w/boys..swim, drink beer and laugh at SVegas. Its dish best served cold...right Danny?

Indndawg
11-01-2021, 03:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FC-8WQRWYAQkBFT?format=jpg&name=medium

TrapGame
11-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Nobody should be surprised. Most of us knew this was inevitable.

Apoplectic
11-01-2021, 03:40 PM
17 him

Todd4State
11-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Dan just thought he could go to UF and the 5 stars would line up there....hang out a country club w/boys..swim, drink beer and laugh at SVegas. Its dish best served cold...right Danny?

You hate to see it.**

I think he's legit in trouble. Unless they decide to allow him to fire assistants and stay on a trial basis essentially.

Maverick91
11-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Nobody should be surprised. Most of us knew this was inevitable.

Yep! I think most everyone was saying less than five years, we are on year four.

Johnson85
11-01-2021, 03:52 PM
media availability this week (sans teleconference)

presser ends (abruptly) early, no players made available

No Dan and handful of players for the end of game Fight Song.

Sumpins goin on in Loafers Land

I think they're just protecting Dan from himself. His ego is bruised and he can't help but saying counterproductive stuff when he is defensive. Doesn't look good, but it sounds a lot better than the alternative.

Mullen has four very easy games and he'll probably get a pretty easy bowl opponent at 8-4. THe best thing for Mullen and FLorida is for him to keep his abrasive yankee ass to himself and put 5 straight W's up.

parabrave
11-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Ill call it now he has secretly agreed to the LSU job so he doesn't have to play Kirby anymore.

Maverick91
11-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Ill call it now he has secretly agreed to the LSU job so he doesn't have to play Kirby anymore.

So, he has to loose to Saban and us every year? I'll take that poetry any day. I don't think he would ever step foot back into the West again.

parabrave
11-01-2021, 03:59 PM
So, he has to loose to Saban and us every year? I'll take that poetry any day. I don't think he would ever step foot back into the West again.

Saban closer to retiring than kirby.. Plus he does have a recruiting footprint in La and with the NIL he wont even have to leave BR.

Schultzy
11-01-2021, 04:03 PM

How pissed off LSU fans would be about this one.

Schultzy
11-01-2021, 04:07 PM
You hate to see it.**

I think he's legit in trouble. Unless they decide to allow him to fire assistants and stay on a trial basis essentially.

Who the hell outside the country club could he get? I’m not so sure he could have a functioning staff if they made him get rid of those guys.

Maverick91
11-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Saban closer to retiring than kirby.. Plus he does have a recruiting footprint in La and with the NIL he wont even have to leave BR.

still would be the same story different title in a few years. LSU just fired a NC couch less than two years after the NC.

RocketDawg
11-01-2021, 04:35 PM

But he'd have to live in Baton Rouge instead of Gainsville.

Irondawg
11-01-2021, 04:37 PM
I think they're just protecting Dan from himself. His ego is bruised and he can't help but saying counterproductive stuff when he is defensive. Doesn't look good, but it sounds a lot better than the alternative.

Mullen has four very easy games and he'll probably get a pretty easy bowl opponent at 8-4. THe best thing for Mullen and FLorida is for him to keep his abrasive yankee ass to himself and put 5 straight W's up.

Yep this seems the most likely. He takes doesn't do well with the media when things aren't going great and Stricklin may want to keep him from turning into JoMo and alienating a bunch of boosters

parabrave
11-01-2021, 04:43 PM
Who the hell outside the country club could he get? I’m not so sure he could have a functioning staff if they made him get rid of those guys.

Well Manny Diaz might become available and where is Geoff now?

BeardoMSU
11-01-2021, 04:44 PM
But he'd have to live in Baton Rouge instead of Gainsville.

Much easier for Megan to go shopping, at least***

STATEBALLIN
11-01-2021, 04:49 PM
I predict Dan going to big ten like his mentor Urban.

James Franklin hiring jimmy sexton so I think he?s looking to move out. Dan to Penn State?

Schultzy
11-01-2021, 04:50 PM
Well Manny Diaz might become available and where is Geoff now?

I thought Geoff & Don were not even on speaking terms ending the 2014 season which negatively affected our season finale that year with a chance to go to the playoff.

Manny might do it but not sure he loves working for him. Either way you’re still looking at mediocre recruiting CC guys which is ostensibly what they’re supposed to be trying to get away from.

Saltydog
11-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Here's what I just read and LOL, it's about his recruiting, of all things.......

https://fansided.com/2021/11/01/dan-mullen-press-conference-today-recruiting/

Santiago
11-01-2021, 05:04 PM
I predict Dan going to big ten like his mentor Urban.

James Franklin hiring jimmy sexton so I think he?s looking to move out. Dan to Penn State?

I think Penn State would try hard to get Matt Ruhle. His parents live in Happy Valley, and he was a walk on at Penn State. There would probably be common interest

dawgday166
11-01-2021, 05:21 PM
The problem with Don that always pissed me off was he's always country clubbing every year after a really good year. Then be shocked cause the fans are pissed at a poor year. Now he at UF ... he won't get the rope there he got here. I thought he was dumb as hell for taking that job.

Saltydog
11-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Your title is misconceiving......UF didn't cancel anything, Dan did......BIG difference..........

lastmajordog
11-02-2021, 02:26 PM
What was the real story for the split with Geoff after Bama game?? I was never clear on exactly what happened? I just was so ****** about Mullen letting that year go to hell and getting beat by a one legged om qb.....that along with leaving the best team he might have had ANYWHERE.

TheLostDawg
11-02-2021, 03:29 PM
Problem with Mullen is he'll have to hire a good recruiting staff if he lets the CC go. So he might lose good on the field coaches that know how he likes things and deal with his BS. I don't think there is any winning here. If he does get a good recruiter and coach, it'll just be the revolving door at the position because no one else (other than the cc guys) wants to work for him.

TheLostDawg
11-02-2021, 03:32 PM
And we all know he isn't going to LSU but if he did, he probably would get out of playing Alabama every year vs continuing to play Georgia ever year with the new format. I imagine it's going to be MSU, TAMU, UM, and LSU. I just have a feeling the SEC got TAMU to shut up about Texas by agreeing not to put them in their division. Could have just been TAMU was just embarrassing themselves though and that's why.