PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles wont be leaving Baylor

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
reported they are offering him a 10 yr/45MM contract extension with a 5MM buyout.

Texas fans are not happy

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Is a 5MM buyout that big of deal for Texas?

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 12:11 AM
reported they are offering him a 10 yr/45MM contract extension with a 5MM buyout.

Texas fans are not happy

Why do Texas fans care about Art Briles? They got Nick Saban.

dawgs
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
They already agreed to it. He ain't going anywhere unless the nfl comes calling. The days of hiring wildly successful HCs from other major conference schools is pretty much over. There will be exceptions, but overall, everyone has $$ to pay the HCs now.

msstate7
11-18-2013, 12:47 AM
They already agreed to it. He ain't going anywhere unless the nfl comes calling. The days of hiring wildly successful HCs from other major conference schools is pretty much over. There will be exceptions, but overall, everyone has $$ to pay the HCs now.

Sure everyone pays coaches better, but there's places where coaches can win on a much bigger scale. Coaches love the money no doubt, but career aspirations will push some coaches to larger programs

Quaoarsking
11-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't put it past Texas to pay the necessary buyout and grab him.

dawgs
11-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Sure everyone pays coaches better, but there's places where coaches can win on a much bigger scale. Coaches love the money no doubt, but career aspirations will push some coaches to larger programs

briles is already 57 though, about to turn 58. i don't know that a college program is going to be willing to pay a buyout for a guy that's getting up there in years. and i don't know that he'd wanna take on teh bullshit that came with being the HC at texas or another mega-program.