PDA

View Full Version : Corner back situation - DECAMERION RICHARDSON

Hot Rock
11-01-2021, 08:48 AM
I thought Richardson did a really good job. This really bodes well for the CB depth to have 2 really good corners and a guy that can step in and play. There may be another one have to step up before the season is out.

This was one of the biggest concerns about this defense this year was CB depth.

State had two starters out yesterday in the def backfield and it really didn't matter. Sure, that was just KY but guys KY is not a bad team.

This is a really good sign moving forward, plus they are recruiting well in the secondary.

I am looking for one more quality DL and one mire LB in this next class and the defense is shaping up moving forward.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Surely it helps our CBs running 100% passes in practice with our an and WRs.

Hot Rock
11-01-2021, 11:29 AM
Yes, that is true but on the flip side:

I do wonder about the run defense because the same is true for them. They don't play against the run in practice as much. So far so good. State's run defense has been really really good to date.

RezDog7
11-01-2021, 12:10 PM
Yes, that is true but on the flip side:

I do wonder about the run defense because the same is true for them. They don't play against the run in practice as much. So far so good. State's run defense has been really really good to date.

The defense practices against the scout team, which simulates the opponents offense.

Hot Rock
11-01-2021, 12:20 PM
The defense practices against the scout team, which simulates the opponents offense.

I get that part but that scout team is also running against the offense as well. But that's not the only thing they do. It's 1's vs 1's and 2's vs 2's and subs, spring training, and all kinds of times when that scout team, (tacking dummies) aren't out there.

Ari Gold
11-01-2021, 02:30 PM
He is more raw than Dantzler but has just as big of an upside if not bigger