PDA

View Full Version : Will Rodgers 36 for 39

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2021, 01:22 PM
Two pass interference calls and a drop. Damn.

On his slide, he was shorted, I shit you not 6 feet on the spot. How do we not challenge that?

basedog
10-31-2021, 01:43 PM
Dude was flawless, and his play calling was his best so far in his career. Should be Sec player of the week.

Maroonthirteen
10-31-2021, 01:53 PM
Rogers and WRs have figured out that rush 3 and drop 8. It is only when teams come with various zone blitzs that State struggles. Even then, I thought State figured out the blitzs later in the game and had a nice counter.

Rogers is damn good. He just needed some reps.

LC Dawg
10-31-2021, 02:21 PM
Looks like Will has decided which receivers he can trust. Calvin and Heath are talented but they've had some drops and ran lazy routes and they don't seem to be getting as many looks from Will.

msstate7
10-31-2021, 02:25 PM
That's an unbelievable comp %. That's a credit to will obviously, but also to his receivers.

R2Dawg
10-31-2021, 02:33 PM
The blame Will stuff should be over, right? Will ain't ever been the only problem. No QB will play a perfect game, if they have to for the air raid to work then forget about it. At 92%, no way anyone is losing.

What if Will is 70% which is still good, can we still win?

BiscuitEater
10-31-2021, 02:42 PM
That's an unbelievable comp %. That's a credit to will obviously, but also to his receivers.

92.3% .. with a drop and 2 incomplete on PI calls!

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 03:10 PM
92.3% .. with a drop and 2 incomplete on PI calls!

Don't think those count in the incomplete column.

Dolphus Raymond
10-31-2021, 03:19 PM
When I read the passing stats last night, I thought it was a misprint. Unbelievable.

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 03:21 PM
When I read the passing stats last night, I thought it was a misprint. Unbelievable.

Pretty sure the announcers said it was an SEC record. Rogers III passed Corral and Tebow.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2021, 03:25 PM
Pretty sure the announcers said it was an SEC record. Rogers III passed Corral and Tebow.

It was Corral and Josh Dobbs, actually, which surprised me, lol.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2021, 03:56 PM
Quarterback + receivers being on the same page and completing passes - repetition, repetition, repetition and more repetition. Would anybody prior to last night thought that we (MSU) would have a quarterback that would even being close to breaking that SEC record? I'm happy for Will, the team, and coaches as well as all us alums and fans.

Cowbell
10-31-2021, 04:04 PM

Yeah when have we ever had wr that could do that

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2021, 04:26 PM
They don?t I guess, because by my count he had three PAssInt called two deep at the end zone and one to Tulu at the boundary, that he still caught even though being held and pushed out of bounds on his back.

Maverick91
10-31-2021, 06:12 PM
Looks like Will has decided which receivers he can trust. Calvin and Heath are talented but they've had some drops and ran lazy routes and they don't seem to be getting as many looks from Will.

I hope this changed for them. They are good talents that can change a game. They get their heads on straight would be really good for them and the team.

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 06:41 PM
It was Corral and Josh Dobbs, actually, which surprised me, lol.

There was a QB, I think with Georgia, some years ago who completed something like 27 in a row. I suppose he fell apart after that if he slipped below 92%.

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2021, 09:57 PM
Those portal kids may want to look somewhere else to go bc they wont play here

smootness
10-31-2021, 10:05 PM
Pass interference definitely doesn't count in your numbers.

Todd4State
11-01-2021, 12:27 AM
Quarterback + receivers being on the same page and completing passes - repetition, repetition, repetition and more repetition. Would anybody prior to last night thought that we (MSU) would have a quarterback that would even being close to breaking that SEC record? I'm happy for Will, the team, and coaches as well as all us alums and fans.

I remember when we used to set rushing records against Kentucky. Now we're setting passing records.

Todd4State
11-01-2021, 12:28 AM
The blame Will stuff should be over, right? Will ain't ever been the only problem. No QB will play a perfect game, if they have to for the air raid to work then forget about it. At 92%, no way anyone is losing.

What if Will is 70% which is still good, can we still win?

Of course the offense will work with Will at 70%. It already has before.