PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Helmet Logo

Tater
10-31-2021, 11:16 AM
Vote on which you think should be our helmet logo. If you want to give ranked choice do that as well.

Me
1. MoverS
2. MSJ / Jackie MSU
3. Flying M
4. Anything else
3787. Banner M
4692629. Bulldog Outline from 2012 / 2013

Santiago
10-31-2021, 11:21 AM
M over S, with Flying M making appearances sometimes.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2021, 11:53 AM
The Flying M is ugly. The Banner M is worse. The M over S is better than both. Interlocking MSU is the best.

parabrave
10-31-2021, 12:17 PM
Just bring back the 1980 uni.

Leroy Jenkins
10-31-2021, 12:33 PM
The Flying M is ugly. The Banner M is worse. The M over S is better than both. Interlocking MSU is the best.

This.

KOdawg1
10-31-2021, 12:44 PM
M over S on the helmet with STATE across the front of the jerseys in block letters.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2021, 01:04 PM
1. M over S
2. Interlocking MSU
3. State script
4. Flying M.

I think you go M over S or Interlocking MSU as our permanent football helmet logo. Give each of the others 1 game a year.

No walking bully.
No ribbon M.
No giant bulldog head.

If anything I would go M over S on one side and STATE in block letters on the other side or STATE on the chest.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2021, 01:04 PM
M over S on the helmet with STATE across the front of the jerseys in block letters.

Agreed 100%.

Maverick91
10-31-2021, 01:32 PM
I’m sorry guys, all I kept thinking about was baseball last night every time I saw it. I don’t want something that is SO strongly associated with baseball. It makes us seem like football, the money maker is trying to ride the coattails of another sport that isn’t the money maker. Let’s get our own logo.

gtowndawg
10-31-2021, 02:07 PM
IF we are going to change I prefer the script State. Jut not a fan of interlocking MS.

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 03:29 PM
M-over-S looks sharp, but I'd just as soon leave it to baseball and adopt the MSJ as the football standard.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2021, 03:31 PM
IF we are going to change I prefer the script State. Jut not a fan of interlocking MS.

That script State on Nick Griffin's Twitter post is fire.

Tater
10-31-2021, 03:38 PM
That script State on Nick Griffin's Twitter post is fire.

https://twitter.com/macgrifferous/status/1454826494711238662?s=21

For folk's quick reference.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2021, 03:38 PM
1. MoverS
2. Interlocking MSU (Jackie)
After those two just about anything over the Banner M.

I really liked the Interlocking MSU , as my my favorite prior to last night , but that MS on the helmets looked great last night.

viverlibre
10-31-2021, 03:47 PM
1. interlocking MSU (not MSJ)
2. MS (Baseball Logo)
3. Would like to see a mockup STATE in Block Lettering, may be too much for a helmet though. STATE should be on the front of the uniform above the numbers.

drummerdawg
10-31-2021, 04:22 PM
1. Interlocking MSU and there's not a close 2nd. It's badass. I travel a lot and get to talk to fans of other teams from all over and when uniforms/logos/helmets come up, they all think our 90's unis were by far the best we've had and don't understand why we don't use it. Interlocking MSU logo will always represent MSU football for me. We should demand this helmet decal to return.

2. Block MSU - Similar to the Nike MSU and nearly as good. If we can't get the Nike logo, I'd switch to this asap.

3. That STATE script looks pretty good too. If we can't get the MSU Nike or block logo back, then I think I'd be fine with this one. I think it would look pretty good on the field as well.

4. There's an old "M" logo with a Bulldog head in the middle. I think this could look pretty good on a helmet. Not sure when the logo was used, but I think it's pretty old.

5. One of the vintage Bulldog head logos.

6. M over S - Should it be worn outside of baseball? I was open to the idea and I think it looked pretty good in the pics, but something wasn't right about it when I saw it live. Not sure if it can be tweaked or not, but something wasn't right with it last night.

7. Current logo.

8. Flying M is actually ugly. It doesn't make sense or say who we are. Confusing af. Not bad on a throwback style t-shirt, but it's garbage on a helmet.

Dawgface
10-31-2021, 04:33 PM
Keep what we have.

3rdGen
10-31-2021, 04:44 PM
One day when I make my millions I will make sure that one of the interlocking MSU or block MSU will be the ones used. Mark my words!

BulldogBear
10-31-2021, 04:48 PM
1) Interlocking MSU

2) M over S

567, 440, 235) Anything with STATE on it

Nothing else matters after that

I will say that, at least after this season, the M over S is more associated with the actual Mississippi State University than the idea that people nationwide refer to Mississippi State as "State" and all other schools have to qualified as Idaho State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, etc.

That was absurd. SEC people or people familiar with YOU and YOUR association to Mississippi State may ask you how State is doing, but no one in North Carolina, for instance, was saying things like:

Can you believe N.C. State lost to State?

No one in Oregon or Washington noticed that "State" upset Kentucky last night. In Oregon, "State" lost to bad Cal team.

Maverick91
10-31-2021, 06:17 PM

That all day!

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 06:35 PM
1. Interlocking MSU and there's not a close 2nd. It's badass. I travel a lot and get to talk to fans of other teams from all over and when uniforms/logos/helmets come up, they all think our 90's unis were by far the best we've had and don't understand why we don't use it. Interlocking MSU logo will always represent MSU football for me. We should demand this helmet decal to return.

2. Block MSU - Similar to the Nike MSU and nearly as good. If we can't get the Nike logo, I'd switch to this asap.

3. That STATE script looks pretty good too. If we can't get the MSU Nike or block logo back, then I think I'd be fine with this one. I think it would look pretty good on the field as well.

4. There's an old "M" logo with a Bulldog head in the middle. I think this could look pretty good on a helmet. Not sure when the logo was used, but I think it's pretty old.

5. One of the vintage Bulldog head logos.

6. M over S - Should it be worn outside of baseball? I was open to the idea and I think it looked pretty good in the pics, but something wasn't right about it when I saw it live. Not sure if it can be tweaked or not, but something wasn't right with it last night.

7. Current logo.

8. Flying M is actually ugly. It doesn't make sense or say who we are. Confusing af. Not bad on a throwback style t-shirt, but it's garbage on a helmet.

The Flying M are a product of the '60s, maybe the '70s, and was because of the race with the Soviets to the Moon. "Onward and upward".

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 06:37 PM

Looks like he wants to get away from Adidas as well.

schddog72
10-31-2021, 08:40 PM
Keep what we have.

1. This.
2. Ban white helmets forever.

Todd4State
10-31-2021, 08:42 PM
Interlocking MSU for football for me.

Dawgology
11-01-2021, 07:28 AM
Literally no MSU fan likes the M State Banner outside of a handful just because ?it?s what we have?. The fact the university paid tens of thousands of dollars for that design is laughable.

Coach34
11-01-2021, 08:33 AM
The Butterfly logo isnt doing well here either. And if you did a poll on Sixpack- it would trend about the same. It's just not a popular logo with the fanbase.

Apoplectic
11-01-2021, 09:20 AM

I could support this one too - basically anything but the banner. The banner looks great at midfield and all other places we use it but not on the side of a damn helmet.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2021, 10:01 AM

That script is TERRIBLE

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Literally no MSU fan likes the M State Banner outside of a handful just because ?it?s what we have?. The fact the university paid tens of thousands of dollars for that design is laughable.

It gives me hope as a Graphic Designer...

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2021, 10:25 AM
That script State would look good. Much better than a baseball logo. However, everyone photo shops the script on the right side of the helmet. Id like to see it on the left side of the helmet to see if it has the same flow.

That script State that Michigan St has used this year looks absolutely terrible because the font is small and looks like grade school cursive. So, If you can keep that State script the same size and it will fit on the left side, that would look nice.

smootness
11-01-2021, 10:50 AM
The reason the MoverS looked a little odd was because it was too small. Make it larger and it would look great. I probably still prefer the interlocking MSU, but 1 of those 2 should be our logo. The State script is better than the banner logo, but it's a little too generic and create-a-school-ish.

Dak Holliday
11-01-2021, 11:01 AM
The name- State is generic and regional to each state and is used in reference to their state school. It?s also commonly used on movie props, old navy shirts, and Dr Pepper commercials. It?s comical that people think that they can lay claim to it as their brand. It shows a lack of understanding that comes from limited travel. State, Tech, etc all generic terms.

Maverick91
11-01-2021, 11:04 AM
The reason the MoverS looked a little odd was because it was too small. Make it larger and it would look great. I probably still prefer the interlocking MSU, but 1 of those 2 should be our logo. The State script is better than the banner logo, but it's a little too generic and create-a-school-ish.

lol... good point!

Also, I want the Miss. State back on the chest from your photo.

Dak Holliday
11-01-2021, 11:08 AM
lol... good point!

Also, I want the Miss. State back on the chest from your photo.

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Coach34
11-01-2021, 12:01 PM
The name- State is generic and regional to each state and is used in reference to their state school. It?s also commonly used on movie props, old navy shirts, and Dr Pepper commercials. It?s comical that people think that they can lay claim to it as their brand. It shows a lack of understanding that comes from limited travel. State, Tech, etc all generic terms.

Not really. We are known as "State" throughout the South and East coast. We are called "State" on SEC Network by everybody that works there. LSU is also a state school but literally nobody on the planet calls them "State". Fla State is not called "State" either. Fla is always included.

Dak Holliday
11-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Not really. We are known as "State" throughout the South and East coast. We are called "State" on SEC Network by everybody that works there. LSU is also a state school but literally nobody on the planet calls them "State". Fla State is not called "State" either. Fla is always included.

Yes, because it?s too generic. They specify it to themselves and are better known national brands.

NCDawg
11-01-2021, 03:25 PM
Just bring back the 1980 uni.

This is the correct answer.

Maverick91
11-01-2021, 03:29 PM
This is the correct answer.

Photos plese?

viverlibre
11-01-2021, 05:17 PM

Concur with this. There is no national college football power that goes by "State," with the possible exception of Michigan State, but I usually hear them referred to as MSU on highlights. Mississippi State is just too long and cumbersome to say, four syllables does not flow off the tongue. We should be "STATE" that bold block lettering is a strong looking logo. Officially we'd still be Mississippi State, but just have a nickname, similar to how Washington State goes by Wazzu.

OLJWales
11-01-2021, 06:13 PM

Sweet 10 pound Baby Sports God Jesus Make This Happen.

Dak Holliday
11-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Concur with this. There is no national college football power that goes by "State," with the possible exception of Michigan State, but I usually hear them referred to as MSU on highlights. Mississippi State is just too long and cumbersome to say, four syllables does not flow off the tongue. We should be "STATE" that bold block lettering is a strong looking logo. Officially we'd still be Mississippi State, but just have a nickname, similar to how Washington State goes by Wazzu.

Yes. The reason no one else uses State is because it is generic. In Pennsylvania, your kids go to Pitt or State. In Michigan, your kids go to UM or State. State is a slang term for state universities within a certain area by residents of that area.

Ohio State - 4 syllables
Florida State - 4 syllables
Michigan State -4 syllables
Washington State - 4 syllables
Mississippi State - 5 syllables
I?d love for us to have a nickname unique to us rather than trying to lay claim to the generic place card name. It looks uneducated. Wreaks of gravel roads and snot nosed kids with dirty faces and feet.

viverlibre
11-01-2021, 10:47 PM
Yes. The reason no one else uses State is because it is generic. In Pennsylvania, your kids go to Pitt or State. In Michigan, your kids go to UM or State. State is a slang term for state universities within a certain area by residents of that area.

Ohio State - 4 syllables
I?d love for us to have a nickname unique to us rather than trying to lay claim to the generic place card name. It looks uneducated. Wreaks of gravel roads and snot nosed kids with dirty faces and feet.

I've only spent short amount of time in Pennsylvania, but will wager Penn State is Penn State, not State. Never been to Michigan (that I can recall), so have no idea. In Florida it's not "UF or State," it's "UF or Florida State." Washington State is commonly called "Wazzu" rather than Washington State, because why make a long state name even longer by adding the word, "State."

STATE (State Department, Secretary of State, State Government, State of the Union, etc) is a powerful word (and would look great on the front of jerseys above the number), plus we're already called that by most SEC media and some national.

I'm interested in whatever you come up with as long as it is not Miss State, MS State or MState.

OLJWales
11-01-2021, 10:58 PM
STATE

IT'S TIME

PCHSDawg
11-02-2021, 12:54 AM

Ohio State - 4 syllables

Reeks :cool:

parabrave
11-02-2021, 01:26 AM
Photos plese?

I cant post photos but just look up John Bond

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 02:47 AM

You should be able to confirm 34 as I did a 7 year stint in Metairie leading up to Katrina. Every damn LSU fan I got to know referred to us as " STATE ". NUFF SAID.

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 09:49 AM
Reeks :cool:

😂 my bad. like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 09:57 AM
?Everyone I know round here calls us State.? Imagine that. A regional person referring to a state university by that generic term. Apparently this concept is beyond some so I will leave it with you.

NCDawg
11-02-2021, 10:40 AM
I cant post photos but just look up John Bond

Or pull up utbube videos and watch our 1980 games.

Maverick91
11-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Or pull up utbube videos and watch our 1980 games.

Just straight maroon jersey with white letters.

FriarsPoint
11-02-2021, 11:43 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVi6hKJJ3xk

parabrave
11-02-2021, 11:54 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVi6hKJJ3xk

The cheerleader on the end is my sis and for those if you who don't know what the BIKE coaches shorts are, now you do.

smootness
11-02-2021, 12:28 PM
My favorite uniforms of ours are the 1979-83 ones, the 95 ones, and the 96-00 ones. Our current ones aren't bad but aren't as good as those, and it's primarily because of the helmet logo and the banner chest logo. Basically, it's the banner.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-02-2021, 12:29 PM
I agree. I love our uniforms right now with the striping on the pants and sleeves. The helmet decal is what needs to change.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2021, 01:02 PM
I agree. I love our uniforms right now with the striping on the pants and sleeves. The helmet decal is what needs to change.

It's coming. Told y'all last week and it's going to happen. Maybe sooner than I thought.

viverlibre
11-02-2021, 01:04 PM
The cheerleader on the end is my sis and for those if you who don't know what the BIKE coaches shorts are, now you do.

You had me a cheerleader, if my math is right she is 61ish, right in my wheelhouse. Hopefully, she lives in Reunion...

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 01:05 PM
How many of you remember when we wore these-
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/platform/amp/2017/8/30/16227188/mississippi-state-to-honor-hurricane-harvey-victims-with-new-helmet-sticker
What if we did our bulldog within a state of Mississippi outline?

parabrave
11-02-2021, 01:11 PM
You had me a cheerleader, if my math is right she is 61ish, right in my wheelhouse. Hopefully, she lives in Reunion...

Nope you are off one year and a homecoming maid also. But she would never fix me up with her fellow cheeerleaders no matter how hard I begged her.

Tater
11-02-2021, 03:23 PM
It's coming. Told y'all last week and it's going to happen. Maybe sooner than I thought.

I got an ambiguous response from emailing Cohen about the future. Sounded like it would be next year at the earliest but a strong possibility that it will be next year. Are you thinking sooner?

SilentSteel16
11-02-2021, 03:30 PM
It is definitely a regional thing, my job required me to move around a lot. Spent 5 years in UP Michigan and I can confirm people call it STATE there. They have as much hatred for Umich as we do for Ole Miss.

Not to be outdone, I spent 9 years in the Des Moines area and yet again all you see is Hawkeye stuff or STATE.

Yes Louisiana people call us State but the term STATE is not ours to claim, maybe in the SEC area maybe, but definitely it is not OUR brand or nickname nation wide.

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 03:33 PM
It is definitely a regional thing, my job required me to move around a lot. Spent 5 years in UP Michigan and I can confirm people call it STATE there. They have as much hatred for Umich as we do for Ole Miss.

Not to be outdone, I spent 9 years in the Des Moines area and yet again all you see is Hawkeye stuff or STATE.

Yes Louisiana people call us State but the term STATE is not ours to claim, maybe in the SEC area maybe, but definitely it is not OUR brand or nickname nation wide.

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

BiscuitEater
11-02-2021, 03:37 PM
1. MoverS
2. MSJ / Jackie MSU

In that order

Dak Holliday
11-02-2021, 03:40 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254706540505?chn=ps&var=554482244173&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1Vh5hsF13RriLB-tDkmrOSQ37&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=554482244173_254706540505&targetid=1262376589096&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9014113&poi=&campaignid=12873833215&mkgroupid=121652771516&rlsatarget=pla-1262376589096&abcId=9300536&merchantid=433595072&gclid=Cj0KCQjww4OMBhCUARIsAILndv6JNIra1w-yViCjBxNA924Osp-IQ8bKEPbGFvm3mZJTNN6ST7mTGmoaAl9JEALw_wcB
This is our correct and best helmet logo 👆🏼

Cooterpoot
11-02-2021, 04:12 PM
I got an ambiguous response from emailing Cohen about the future. Sounded like it would be next year at the earliest but a strong possibility that it will be next year. Are you thinking sooner?

I was just expecting next season. But that seems to be speeding up now. No definite timeframe but don't be surprised if you see a different logo this season.
Everybody wants it and the AD knows it. Plus, you win a Natty, and you've got something to relate to with the logo. Baseball isn't done done winning anytime soon either.

Tater
11-02-2021, 04:49 PM
I was just expecting next season. But that seems to be speeding up now. No definite timeframe but don't be surprised if you see a different logo this season.
Everybody wants it and the AD knows it. Plus, you win a Natty, and you've got something to relate to with the logo. Baseball isn't done done winning anytime soon either.

Yep. Hence why I believe the easiest way to get what you want is to email him. Glad he's got the push to get it done sooner rather than later. I know he wants it as well. No one loves the M over S more than him was part of his response lol.

viverlibre
11-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Nope you are off one year and a homecoming maid also. But she would never fix me up with her fellow cheeerleaders no matter how hard I begged her.

haha, but at least you tired, you miss all the shots you don't take.