PDA

View Full Version : Rumor alert!

Thick
11-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Talked to a friend of mine in the media. He says that Dak might have a torn rotator cuff, and if so, his season is over. Everyone I have spoken to cannot confirm or deny the seriousness of his injury. Then Mullen says he's listed as day to day. Just passing this along, and hope that it's not true.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:14 PM
He's had an MRI- so they know if he does or doesnt

Behrdawg
11-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Ive been told it was a minor tear in his left shoulder (non throwing arm) and that it can be treated with rehabilitation and pain medication. Only time will tell

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Classic CYA going on here

Thick
11-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Well if it's minor, shoot that mutha up, and tell him to slide before taking a shot to his left shoulder!!!

hells bells
11-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Ive been told it was a minor tear in his left shoulder (non throwing arm) and that it can be treated with rehabilitation and pain medication. Only time will tell

Although we do not know, this is the most consistent "word" we here. A source I trust close to the team says the same conclusion. Just hope that is it and not the nerve issue.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't know anything more than what I've heard on here, but here is my uneducated/non-doctor opinion on the matter by using logic:

Dak has had an MRI, and if it showed a non-throwing shoulder rotator cuff injury, it would have made all the sense in the world for Mullen to announce this so that Dak could have surgery and plenty of time to get ready for Spring practice. With no announcement and Dak not yet having surgery, there is no evidence that Dak has had a season ending injury. Dak having surgery and being prepared for Spring practice would be far more valuable than making Ole Miss and Arkansas have to prepare for Dak and whatever other QB we could play.

Therefore, due to the actions that have taken place, I am led to believe that Dak is indeed day-to-day with an injury that would possibly allow him to play again this season.

Again, I have no inside knowledge, but IMO, by what has happened, this is what is going on. I could be completely wrong.

Either way, a non-throwing shoulder rotator cuff injury should have no bearing on Dak's long term career.

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
my God first its an elbow, then its a neck, then its a torn rotator cuff in his non throwing shoulder....fellas if Dak can go this weekend he's gonna go. you could tell it was messing him up last night having to stand on the sidelines i believe he'll play

HoopsDawg
11-17-2013, 11:52 PM
my God first its an elbow, then its a neck, then its a torn rotator cuff in his non throwing shoulder....fellas if Dak can go this weekend he's gonna go. you could tell it was messing him up last night having to stand on the sidelines i believe he'll play

It's always been his shoulder. I've always heard torn rotator cuff and/or nerve damage.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 12:17 AM
It's always been his shoulder. I've always heard torn rotator cuff and/or nerve damage.

But can we not agree that the guy will play this weekend unless its killing him??? were not talking about a guy that would pull himself out like ummm someone did Saturday night

DownwardDawg
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM
He's got Gout **

HunterDawg
11-18-2013, 09:01 AM
I think our doctor poster is probably right. It is a nerve problem higher up showing up in the arm and elbow. That is why it was first described as a stinger which is a nerve injury.

Those things are unpredictable. They can clear up overnight or hang around for months. That is why he is day to day.

But, even if it clears up, it can be reinjured so even if he does play, he won't likely play much, and using him to run the ball 20 times would not be wise. He is limited duty for the rest of the season at best, I think.

Russell is the better passer, anyway, and we are going to need to throw it to win these next two.

stxdawg
11-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Talked to a friend of mine in the media. He says that Dak might have a torn rotator cuff, and if so, his season is over. Everyone I have spoken to cannot confirm or deny the seriousness of his injury. Then Mullen says he's listed as day to day. Just passing this along, and hope that it's not true.

I expect him to play but if we have to Tyler didn't look too bad Sat night. He did a great job of finding the open receiver, and I trust Dan to put a game plan in place to benefit his strengths. if the game came down to one play I would still prefer to have Dak in there though. Either way, I think it is ok for nobody to really know what Dak's status is.

biscuit
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM
He's got Gout **

Or the Clap

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I think our doctor poster is probably right. It is a nerve problem higher up showing up in the arm and elbow. That is why it was first described as a stinger which is a nerve injury.

Those things are unpredictable. They can clear up overnight or hang around for months. That is why he is day to day.

But, even if it clears up, it can be reinjured so even if he does play, he won't likely play much, and using him to run the ball 20 times would not be wise. He is limited duty for the rest of the season at best, I think.

Russell is the better passer, anyway, and we are going to need to throw it to win these next two.

Dak extends the play and manipulates the pocket much better than Tyler, Doesn't throw as well, but, due to these abilities, there are more receivers open.

BogeyGolfer
11-18-2013, 09:20 AM
We will see Tyler this weekend and we may see Dak some against Ole Miss.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
He is going to use this to keep Arkansas guessing on which QB plays. Has Jackie or anyone else told him the "Polish rifle" story?

Anyway, the reality may be Arkansas prepares the same either way for us. But I am guessing Dan says up to Saturday that he isn't sure if either can play. Then both TR and Dak are suited up in the Rock. I am betting they both play.

rcsteph1
11-18-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't claim to ever know anything but..... according to one of our d-lineman it is a partially torn rotator cuff on L (as we could all see) shoulder.

The Croom Diaries
11-18-2013, 09:56 AM
I've heard about 4 or 5 different stories - torn rotator cuff, severe nerve damage, deep bone bruise, etc.

Thick
11-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Some of you guys act like that everyone changes their defensive gameplan around our 2 qb's. That is simply not true. They will stick with their normal gameplan, but will tweak some packages accordingly.

It's not a big deal like some of you make it out to be. When you put one back in the backfield with TR, there's just no real threat except from the RB. When you do the same with Dak, it's just like preparing for a two back backfield that run's the option or the counter. We don't put Dak back there with 2 backs to make it more difficult to defend.

Malzahn will put two backs with Marshall, and that's when things get Harry, because now defenses have to prepare for the triple option. That can be very difficult when you have qb's like Dak and Nick.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Some of you guys act like that everyone changes their defensive gameplan around our 2 qb's. That is simply not true. They will stick with their normal gameplan, but will tweak some packages accordingly.

It's not a big deal like some of you make it out to be. When you put one back in the backfield with TR, there's just no real threat except from the RB. When you do the same with Dak, it's just like preparing for a two back backfield that run's the option or the counter. We don't put Dak back there with 2 backs to make it more difficult to defend.

Malzahn will put two backs with Marshall, and that's when things get Harry, because now defenses have to prepare for the triple option. That can be very difficult when you have qb's like Dak and Nick.

Completely agree, and that's why I think if Dak were really out for the season, Mullen would have announced it.

None of us know what is really going on, but the actions of Mullen, are telling me that Dak is truly day-to-day and questionable.

Coach66
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
up and feel ready to go one day this week or the problems may continue and his season ends with surgery. Just say a little prayer for him as it could go either way.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2013, 10:23 AM
up and feel ready to go one day this week or the problems may continue and his season ends with surgery. Just say a little prayer for him as it could go either way.

Agree, all the evidence says this is the case.

slickdawg
11-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Dear Lord, please let James Andrews do the shoulder surgery, if required. Rusty would probably amputate his right foot.

Barking 13
11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Dear Lord, please let James Andrews do the shoulder surgery, if required. Jones would certainly amputate his right foot.

FIFY

gloworm
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
I think it was brilliant holding Dak out for this game. CDM actually was pretty clever in this regard.

Damian needs to sharpen up his skills a little but this bodes well going forward . His only experience so far has been mop up time so, this was great getting some PT against the big boys.

I would keep Damian in the mix and get him some more quality snaps. I hate to say it but TR looks scared. That interception late 3rd Quarter would have put us in good shape to win the game.

Coach 57
11-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I think it was brilliant holding Dak out for this game. CDM actually was pretty clever in this regard.

Damian needs to sharpen up his skills a little but this bodes well going forward . His only experience so far has been mop up time so, this was great getting some PT against the big boys.

I would keep Damian in the mix and get him some more quality snaps. I hate to say it but TR looks scared. That interception late 3rd Quarter would have put us in good shape to win the game.

Said this in another thread. I think that we can beat Arky without Tyler or Dak IF Williams gets the majority of the snaps throughout the prep week. He looked out of sorts with his timing with the receivers Vs Bama.

Homedawg
11-18-2013, 12:02 PM

He didn't hold him out by choice- Dak couldn't play. Period.

Percho
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Said this in another thread. I think that we can beat Arky without Tyler or Dak IF Williams gets the majority of the snaps throughout the prep week. He looked out of sorts with his timing with the receivers Vs Bama.

They interviewed him after the game and he said he was nervous that first series but settled down a little after that.

PassInterference
11-18-2013, 12:41 PM
They interviewed him after the game and he said he was nervous that first series but settled down a little after that.

I thought that very thing watching him play. His first time in he was just off. His second time in he threw nothing but good passes.

It would take a good game plan to win with a true frosh QB who only has a few plays of experience. Better have the run game clicking.

Drugdog
11-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Slick, that's funny material.