PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- The Seahawk Took All The Booty Edition

Coach34
10-31-2021, 09:17 AM
1. This will be short and sweet. I?m moving today and about to get rolling

2. Offense played well minus the penalties. Too many false start penalties at home. Got to get cleaned up.

3. Rogers was damn good last night. Made a helluva throw across the field on one route. Very decisive.

4. That was the offense myself and others have been asking for. 39 passes to 35 runs. 3 straight runs before half to bleed the Kentucky time-outs. What we ran last night is sustainable and can win in this league. Much more enjoyable to watch as well. Best we have looked so far under Leach

5. We are so well-coached defensively. We give up big plays at times but we stop the run. Then we give QB?s looks they aren?t sure about. Just well-coached defensively.

6. Turnovers were huge. Great job breaking on balls and finishing off picks. The one before half kept Kentucky from getting some Mo right before half. Let that doubt creep in all halftime long. Huge

7. Knew the Shitbirds were going to lose last night. Auburn is too physical for them.

8. Michigan State RB had his Heisman moment yesterday while Coral got outplayed by Bo Nix

9. Country Club recruiting doesn?t work at places like Florida. Could see this coming.

10. Long day ahead. Later Dawgs!!!

Hail State

KOdawg1
10-31-2021, 09:30 AM
1. This will be short and sweet. I?m moving today and about to get rolling

2. Offense played well minus the penalties. Too many false start penalties at home. Got to get cleaned up.

3. Rogers was damn good last night. Made a helluva throw across the field on one route. Very decisive.

4. That was the offense myself and others have been asking for. 39 passes to 35 runs. 3 straight runs before half to bleed the Kentucky time-outs. What we ran last night is sustainable and can win in this league. Much more enjoyable to watch as well. Best we have looked so far under Leach

5. We are so well-coached defensively. We give up big plays at times but we stop the run. Then we give QB?s looks they aren?t sure about. Just well-coached defensively.

6. Turnovers were huge. Great job breaking on balls and finishing off picks. The one before half kept Kentucky from getting some Mo right before half. Let that doubt creep in all halftime long. Huge

7. Knew the Shitbirds were going to lose last night. Auburn is too physical for them.

8. Michigan State RB had his Heisman moment yesterday while Coral got outplayed by Bo Nix

9. Country Club recruiting doesn?t work at places like Florida. Could see this coming.

10. Long day ahead. Later Dawgs!!!

Hail State

#4- YEP. If we can establish an effective rushing attack, this thing can work.

#7- this gives me a little hope vs them. Even though we're running the air raid, we're still pretty physical. If we can force Corral into some mistakes, we can win that game.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2021, 09:33 AM
Not surprised you can't manage more than a few sentences after Leach humiliates you for this legendary prediction. Man up and admit you were wrong about him.

No Bowl Game for us in 2021

Comprehend that

BulldogDX55
10-31-2021, 09:37 AM
2. Leach and Will were pissed at the refs because they wouldn't call Kentucky for imitating our snap count. That's why we had so many false starts.

Coach34
10-31-2021, 09:39 AM
Not surprised you can't manage more than a few sentences after Leach humiliates you for this legendary prediction. Man up and admit you were wrong about him.

My prediction was wrong. We are going bowling this season.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2021, 09:51 AM

https://media.riffsy.com/images/a363b045a9f60446a6ab2145d01f8fc1/tenor.gif

sleepy dawg
10-31-2021, 09:58 AM
2. Leach and Will were pissed at the refs because they wouldn't call Kentucky for imitating our snap count. That's why we had so many false starts.

Leach wasn't nearly pissed enough if that was happening that often. We had a bunch of false starts, plus I'm sure we would've had several we didn't false start on that they attempted us too. If it was that obvious from the sideline, but the refs weren't doing anything, Leach should've been thrown out of the game angry.

vindastra
10-31-2021, 09:58 AM

How does one overcome this in-game?

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2021, 10:14 AM

If the refs aren't going to call it, you can't do too much about it.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2021, 10:25 AM

https://i.gifer.com/origin/bb/bb9bd396db9a88e9a26c2e4100fff5b1.gif

Tater
10-31-2021, 10:35 AM

I screamed for this exact scenario to happen to the umpire staring at the shit in position to make that call all night.

Marc Curles crew may be crooked, but last night we saw that incompetence can be even more damning.

Vandownbytheriver
10-31-2021, 10:36 AM
So the classic, "he finally listened to me by running the ball and UK turned the ball over too much" defense? No one saw that one coming *****

Tater
10-31-2021, 10:40 AM

To #4's point. This is what people have been telling you the true Air Raid looks like under Leach. The QB calls the plays based on the look at the LoS. Will finally got it through his head to trust the run game. IMO there were times he trusted it too much. 3rd & Goal from the 6 he was hell bent on running the same play we got our first TD and the look wasn't there. He's still far from perfect but he's doing what a covid freshman will do. Learn and grow. If he could gain some arm strength and zip while he keeps growing mentally then the sky is the limit.

But for this thread this post in specific needs to be the last one. Leach is good and the Airbone name needs to be retired.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2021, 10:49 AM
As this season plays out, you are seeing what many of us said from the beginning - outside of Bama we should have a shot to win every game on the schedule. And the season has played out that way - both because MSU's offense continues to grow and because the SEC is just that balanced. We have a damn solid chance of winning out and we should be excited about that.

TrapGame
10-31-2021, 11:05 AM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?88408-Halftime-LSU-0-UK-14&highlight=head

So much for that hard on you had for Kentucky.

sleepy dawg
10-31-2021, 11:07 AM
To #4's point. This is what people have been telling you the true Air Raid looks like under Leach. The QB calls the plays based on the look at the LoS. Will finally got it through his head to trust the run game. IMO there were times he trusted it too much. 3rd & Goal from the 6 he was hell bent on running the same play we got our first TD and the look wasn't there. He's still far from perfect but he's doing what a covid freshman will do. Learn and grow. If he could gain some arm strength and zip while he keeps growing mentally then the sky is the limit.

But for this thread this post in specific needs to be the last one. Leach is good and the Airbone name needs to be retired.

That's not entirely true. Last night we ran the ball 47.2% of the offensive plays. That's not what the Air Raid has traditionally looked like under Leach. If you look at Washington State under Leach, he ran the ball 28%. While that's still more than what we've averaged under him before this game, that's far from a near 50/50 split which is the offense we saw last night.

Dawgfan77
10-31-2021, 11:17 AM
The OL was very good last night blocking. Smith at guard >Dolla Bill

Tater
10-31-2021, 11:19 AM
That's not entirely true. Last night we ran the ball 47.2% of the offensive plays. That's not what the Air Raid has traditionally looked like under Leach. If you look at Washington State under Leach, he ran the ball 28%. While that's still more than what we've averaged under him before this game, that's far from a near 50/50 split which is the offense we saw last night.

Leach also didn't play teams with two defensive lineman routinely on the field. Kentucky oversold to stop the pass. Will is finally learning to take the obvious runs when the personnel and alignment dictates it.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-31-2021, 11:24 AM
We ran effectively. Picked up short yard first downs and scored TDs. And that obviously opens up throwing lanes. We had fun at the game. My kids had a blast!

TNDawg35
10-31-2021, 11:30 AM

Imagine that… Coffee34 wrong again…

parabrave
10-31-2021, 12:13 PM

Rewatch Leachs halftime interview. He did bring that up/ And in regards the number 4 most of us "bitchers" have been saying the same thing. And this ratio is what we have wanted.

WSOPdawg
10-31-2021, 12:13 PM

Rep given !!!

msstate7
10-31-2021, 12:42 PM
Great win. I picked us to win, but in a low scoring game. Nice to us put up 31 on a good defense

99jc
10-31-2021, 01:04 PM

HOLY SHAT! Frame this and post it permanently at the top of this board it may never happen again! C34 admitting he was wrong!

Maverick91
10-31-2021, 01:24 PM

Outside of a silent count, can?t do much.

Maverick91
10-31-2021, 01:26 PM
Leach wasn't nearly pissed enough if that was happening that often. We had a bunch of false starts, plus I'm sure we would've had several we didn't false start on that they attempted us too. If it was that obvious from the sideline, but the refs weren't doing anything, Leach should've been thrown out of the game angry.

He made fun of it during his post game presser. He said ?well they were mimicking our count, if that?s something you can do now. We need to start coaching it.?

Matt3467
10-31-2021, 01:29 PM

Well to be fair several of those runs were due to poor field positioning by our horrible special teams and offensive penalties so we had to run with the ball on the half yard line. No way do I believe we run every play before half if we had better field positioning.

Percho
10-31-2021, 01:33 PM

Correct and excellent post.

Percho
10-31-2021, 01:39 PM

The entirely true part is covered in; IMO there were times he trusted it too much. 3rd & Goal from the 6 he was hell bent on running the same play we got our first TD and the look wasn't there.

Several times Rogers read it wrong and or could just have pulled the ball and bootlegged for 5 or 6 yards and slid. IMHO And that may not even be an option.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2021, 01:54 PM

You tell our DL and LBs to do it at every important play.

R2Dawg
10-31-2021, 02:25 PM

Well you can start doing it on your D, that is one way.

R2Dawg
10-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Well to be fair several of those runs were due to poor field positioning by our horrible special teams and offensive penalties so we had to run with the ball on the half yard line. No way do I believe we run every play before half if we had better field positioning.

We threw it before in those conditions ever since he's been here. Also we had two good > 10 yard TD runs called back on phantom calls too. I'm excited now for whatever reason Leach decided to run on UK.

RocketDawg
10-31-2021, 03:24 PM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/a363b045a9f60446a6ab2145d01f8fc1/tenor.gif

Where'd you get that gif of Leach appropriating culture? **

basedog
10-31-2021, 04:15 PM
Hey 34, u leaving the Bluff City?

Coach34
10-31-2021, 05:58 PM
Hey 34, u leaving the Bluff City?

Yep. Moved to Escambia, Fla to be the new Pastry Chef at BWW’s

basedog
10-31-2021, 06:02 PM

You lost me 34, but good luck and I wish you well!

OLJWales
11-01-2021, 10:20 PM

This. What a balless post without mentioning your "iron clad" preDICKshun. You be like Nagen in walking dead a few seasons back while being ambushed saying " This is what SHIT Tastes Like!!". Just felt like saying the first thing that came to mind. Peace out.

Hot Rock
11-02-2021, 05:16 PM

Getting thrown out might have cost us them game. He made adjustments to counter them doing it and you didn't see those false starts later in the game. That might not have happened had he been kicked out. Certainly the play calling would have been worse.

Leach just isn't that guy to get thrown out. It's not what he knows or how he coaches. You can't make smart decisions if you are filled with emotion. He is a thinking man's coach. Yes football is a violent sport that has to be played with emotion but the guy in charge needs to be clear headed at all times.

Throwing a temper tantrums like a child to get thrown out smells of the coach quitting on team for the day to me. When I see a coach do that shit, I think, that dude must have an IQ of 12. He ain't fighting for his team, he is quitting because he can't deal with whatever is happening.

Extendedcab
11-02-2021, 05:26 PM

Coach, Isn't BWW - Buffalo Wild Wings - a Chick Wing and Sports Bar?

https://www.liveabout.com/thmb/PvE1TXn3D7lN8Xj4FZDQSj_CnVI=/801x398/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/confusedmacgyvermeme-5ab8392eae9ab8003778609b.PNG

FISHDAWG
11-02-2021, 05:44 PM
Good post Coach.... it seems this board has quite a few snipers. Folks that lay back in the shadows and then can't wait to pull the trigger when you're not right.... No one is always right on here but I tip my hat to you for laying your opinion on the line. I know you have some strong opinions as several of us do but the difference is we just aren't as large a target as you .... keep posting your opinions because this is what this board is for.

OLJWales
11-02-2021, 06:00 PM
Good post Coach.... it seems this board has quite a few snipers. Folks that lay back in the shadows and then can't wait to pull the trigger when you're not right.... No one is always right on here but I tip my hat to you for laying your opinion on the line. I know you have some strong opinions as several of us do but the difference is we just aren't as large a target as you .... keep posting your opinions because this is what this board is for.

Nothing wrong with realism. 34's can have at times a suck ASS delivery method though that warrants pissed off replies.

He still brings interesting takes that are very noteworthy.

Coach34
11-03-2021, 12:27 PM
Nothing wrong with realism. 34's can have at times a suck ASS delivery method though that warrants pissed off replies.

He still brings interesting takes that are very noteworthy.

That’s the fun of arguing sports

I was correct about Croom
I was correct about Mullen’s O having an immediate impact when others argued it would take him time
I was correct about telling everyone Dak Prescott would be the best QB we have ever had while others constantly told me it would be Tyler Russell
I was correct about keeping Mullen in 2013 when 2/3 of this board wanted to get rid of him.
I was correct about the 2014 being the best team Mullen would have at State
I was correct about Mullen interviewing with Miami during Egg Bowl week when people here said I was making up shit because I “hated Mullen”
I was correct about 2016’s team not winning 8 games like Bulldawg28 and others thought they would.

I could go on and on. I’ve been wrong some too. It happens. That’s what makes it fun- putting it out there and seeing what happens. I can be an arrogant ass and I know it rubs some people the wrong way. So be it.

I was wrong about this season. Excellent. It means we don’t suck. Which is what we all want in the first place. HailState

Coach34
11-03-2021, 12:30 PM
Coach, Isn't BWW - Buffalo Wild Wings - a Chick Wing and Sports Bar?

https://www.liveabout.com/thmb/PvE1TXn3D7lN8Xj4FZDQSj_CnVI=/801x398/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/confusedmacgyvermeme-5ab8392eae9ab8003778609b.PNG

Escambia has the nicest BWW’s in the country. Full on pastry bar. Love this place