PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 09:53 PM
I just watched Alex Smith juke two Denver defenders while in the pocket, and was reminded of something.

Do you guys remember when Mullen compared Russell's running ability to Smith?

Furthermore, do you think Mullen really believed what he was saying, or do you think it was worst player evaluation in recent memory?

Maybe those quotes by Mullen 3 years ago should have been the first time we said, "oh, crap Mullen really thinks Russell can really run, and we will be running the same offense we ran with Relf"

I think Mullen must've been BSing

msstate7
11-17-2013, 09:55 PM
I wish we could get a qb on the level of Alex smith.

Will James
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I wish we could get a qb on the level of Alex smith.

"These are the days of Elijah"

msstate7
11-17-2013, 10:12 PM
"These are the days of Elijah"

I hope so will

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 10:24 PM
I just watched Alex Smith juke two Denver defenders while in the pocket, and was reminded of something.

Do you guys remember when Mullen compared Russell's running ability to Smith?

Furthermore, do you think Mullen really believed what he was saying, or do you think it was worst player evaluation in recent memory?

Maybe those quotes by Mullen 3 years ago should have been the first time we said, "oh, crap Mullen really thinks Russell can really run, and we will be running the same offense we ran with Relf"

I think Mullen must've been BSing

I think it was a pretty terrible evaluation, but I can see how's it's easy to compare a current player to one of your earlier proteges. He probably saw alot of the same things but they certainly aren't the same style runner.