PDA

View Full Version : If you?re not bought into....

K9 Avenger
10-30-2021, 09:49 PM
This football program after tonight, you?re a dipshit with an agenda....

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2021, 09:54 PM
It's still Kentucky, in football. A good win for sure but don't pretend it's basketball.

Hot Rock
10-30-2021, 09:54 PM
Yep

Tater
10-30-2021, 09:57 PM
It's still Kentucky, in football. A good win for sure but don't pretend it's basketball.

They were ranked 12 and 6-1. If you're gonna have this mentality right after the game you need to see a therapist about the lack of ability to be optimistic. It's unhealthy to always find something to nitpick and try to rain on other's parades. To quote the great Michael Jordan, Stop it. Get some help.

Dawgface
10-30-2021, 09:58 PM

Someone on this board says the air raid is as boring as the old wishbone. It looked pretty good to me. Great effort by the D btw.

R2Dawg
10-30-2021, 09:59 PM

What a loser post.

No on is against winning. We had balance tonight which is why and what many have been calling for.

It is one game. Now if we continue to do this and be our style I'm in. Moorhead ran the ball one game against Aub that year and we beat a top 10 team at home. I wasn't convinced in one game he had adjusted, I ain't convinced after one game with Leach either, but if he continues then yes I like what I see.

I'm ready to see how season plays out. We should win a few more.

TrapGame
10-30-2021, 09:59 PM

#12 Kentucky.

Good grief.

R2Dawg
10-30-2021, 10:00 PM
Someone on this board says the air raid is as boring as the old wishbone. It looked pretty good to me. Great effort by the D btw.

Here is the thing, that wasn't the same O we've watched for 2 years. I bet 34 liked what he saw tonight.

R2Dawg
10-30-2021, 10:01 PM
#12 Kentucky.

Good grief.

UK was ranked 12 but had no business being ranked that high, it happens. Quit acting like we just beat Bama and enjoy a good win. Stop trying to show up Bulldog fans.

basedog
I'm in! I had doubts but the Pirate may have had his best coaching job tonight. Play calling was great and Will Rogers is solid.

Tater
What a loser post.

No on is against winning. We had balance tonight which is why and what many have been calling for.

It is one game. Now if we continue to do this and be our style I'm in. Moorhead ran the ball one game against Aub that year and we beat a top 10 team at home. I wasn't convinced in one game he had adjusted, I ain't convinced after one game with Leach either, but if he continues then yes I like what I see.

I'm ready to see how season plays out. We should win a few more.

I think there was a talk about Will needing to do it more in the red zone. People seem to not realize the QB calls the play at the LoS in this offense based on what they read. Will made a concerted effort inside the 10 to just trust the run.

TrapGame
UK was ranked 12 but had no business being ranked that high, it happens. Quit acting like we just beat Bama and enjoy a good win. Stop trying to show up Bulldog fans.

Then be a ****ing fan!!!

Dawgface
10-30-2021, 10:02 PM
Here is the thing, that wasn't the same O we've watched for 2 years. I bet 34 liked what he saw tonight.
At best you may see a neutral review in his Sunday morning recap.

Tater
10-30-2021, 10:02 PM

I heard similar statements about A&M after we beat them.

preachermatt83
10-30-2021, 10:03 PM
We have a two time national coach of the Year and he’s winning. And people are still whining. It’s ridiculous and points to why we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

Cowbell
10-30-2021, 10:04 PM
You can be bought in and still be critical all at the same time. I don't understand this line of thinking. I love our players and have backed them all year. Our coaching scheme has been bad at times though and it is good to see some some subtle changes. Proud of these guys.

Hot Rock
10-30-2021, 10:05 PM

That KY team ran roughshod over a Florida team running everyone’s favorite offense and with better players than we will ever get.

Get on board folks and enjoy the ride!

That is the third ranked opponent win this year! You have to be blind not to see this team growing.

TrapGame
10-30-2021, 10:06 PM
We have a two time national coach of the Year and he’s winning. And people are still whining. It’s ridiculous and points to why we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

Had we lost they'd be 50 posts right now about firing Leach and the "Airbone" will never work.

Now we got the same folks trying to act like we beat Vandy two Saturdays in row.

The #12 team in the country.

Hot Rock
10-30-2021, 10:06 PM
Anyone not supporting him now is a troll or a fool.

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 10:07 PM
At best you may see a neutral review in his Sunday morning recap.

That’s Mr Coffee34 to you… That lil bitch will be spinning this win faster than Matt Corral is spinning strippers in OM library Monday morning…

Hambone
10-30-2021, 10:08 PM
And by supporting him, kind of have to tip your hat to John Cohen…..

BeardoMSU
H

It was an awesome win. Really hope we can follow it up with a win next week at Arky.

Another HR for the Braves, btw. Up 3-2 bot7.

BeardoMSU
And by supporting him, kind of have to tip your hat to John Cohen…..

That's a bridge too far for some folks here.

MetEdDawg
10-30-2021, 10:09 PM

You'll continue to. There are some in this fan base that don't want Leach to succeed. We have two wins against teams currently ranked in the Top 15.

Yes Leach lost to Memphis and LSU. But this team, outside of Bama, is not only significantly improved over last year, but looks like a completely different team right now than it did 5 weeks ago.

Got a real shot at 7-5 and we will possibly be favored in every game but Auburn for the rest of the year.

Saltydog
10-30-2021, 10:10 PM
We have a two time national coach of the Year and he?s winning. And people are still whining. It?s ridiculous and points to why we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

This may be the MOST ignorant comment of the night.......Stick to the Bible or something you know about.....

Vandownbytheriver
10-30-2021, 10:10 PM
I'll say it again, we have a small group of fans who'd rather be "right" than for us to succeed. It's not hard to see who these folks are. They don't post unless we are getting beat so they can beat their chests. Some would call them narcissists.

LC Dawg
10-30-2021, 10:11 PM
We've had three really good wins on the year but this is apparently the only one that counts to some people because of the run/pass ratio.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 10:12 PM
I'll say it again, we have a small group of fans who'd rather be "right" than for us to succeed. It's not hard to see who these folks are. They don't post unless we are getting beat so they can beat their chests. Some would call them narcissists.

^^^^

https://c.tenor.com/NvV2FYl1V0MAAAAC/lying-coming.gif

Commercecomet24
10-30-2021, 10:15 PM

Nailed it!

preachermatt83
10-30-2021, 10:20 PM
This may be the MOST ignorant comment of the night.......Stick to the Bible or something you know about.....

You don’t think we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec? You know there have been multiple polls on the Twitters through the years that have shown us at the top of those type things? I didn’t say we were, I said we were perceived as such, and if you don’t think so then you have your head buried in the sand.

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 10:23 PM
You don’t think we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec? You know there have been multiple polls on the Twitters through the years that have shown us at the top of those type things? I didn’t say we were, I said we were perceived as such, and if you don’t think so then you have your head buried in the sand.

Yea because everything is true/real on Twitter… he’ll half the tits you see on there ain’t real…

Tater
10-30-2021, 10:28 PM
Arkansas or UTK have worse twitter fanbases than us. Easily.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 10:28 PM
We're 5-3 so let's not go crazy yet but two of the last three games have shown us a lot of growth I think. Defense is playing well. Offense is coming on. Crawl on board and see where it goes. And pray we keep the decals.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2021, 10:30 PM
We're 5-3 so let's not go crazy yet but two of the last three games have shown us a lot of growth I think. Defense is playing well. Offense is coming on. Crawl on board and see where it goes. And pray we keep the decals.

I would say 3 of last 4 going back to AM game

Cowbell
10-30-2021, 10:32 PM

This is 100% correct!

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 10:35 PM

yep. a ton left to play for.

Makes me depressed remembering the Memphis (especially) and LSU games. At 7-1 or 6-2, we'd be top 10-15 team, with tons of media attention. We can still finish strong, and I'd take it, but those losses hurt. Considering I was hoping for 7-5 prior to the season, considering everything that's happened, the fact we can still get there, or even 8-4 has me feeling really good.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 10:37 PM
I would say 3 of last 4 going back to AM game

I didn't count the gimme. We weren't necessarily sharp there. That's something we've still got to get right. Can't look past teams. We got it straight, but we've got to stop staring slow. Started slow in all those games. That's what we lack right now. A big start. We start fast and cut out the penalties, we can win a lot games.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2021, 10:39 PM
I didn't count the gimme. We weren't necessarily sharp there. That's something we've still got to get right. Can't look past teams. We got it straight, but we've got to stop staring slow. Started slow in all those games. That's what we lack right now. A big start. We start fast and cut out the penalties, we can win a lot games.

Oh I gotcha. Agree.

Percho
10-30-2021, 10:44 PM
Had we lost they'd be 50 posts right now about firing Leach and the "Airbone" will never work.

Now we got the same folks trying to act like we beat Vandy two Saturdays in row.

Amen, brother.

TALL DAWG
10-30-2021, 10:48 PM
You'll continue to. There are some in this fan base that don't want Leach to succeed. We have two wins against teams currently ranked in the Top 15.

Yes Leach lost to Memphis and LSU. But this team, outside of Bama, is not only significantly improved over last year, but looks like a completely different team right now than it did 5 weeks ago.

Got a real shot at 7-5 and we will possibly be favored in every game but Auburn for the rest of the year.

Have a real shot at 7-5?? Get that crap out of here as we have a shot at 8-4!

MrCoachKlein
10-31-2021, 12:14 AM
Not nice

Quaoarsking
10-31-2021, 12:14 AM
Have a real shot at 7-5?? Get that crap out of here as we have a shot at 8-4!

Get THAT crap out of here. We'll be 10-3 after we win the Sugar Bowl!

(Assuming Alabama doesn't lose twice and sneak us into Atlanta, giving us a shot at 11-3 instead.)

gravedigger
10-31-2021, 12:29 AM
We have a two time national coach of the Year and he?s winning. And people are still whining. It?s ridiculous and points to why we are perceived as the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

That's because we actually have the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

SPMT
10-31-2021, 12:50 AM
They were ranked 12 and 6-1. If you're gonna have this mentality right after the game you need to see a therapist about the lack of ability to be optimistic. It's unhealthy to always find something to nitpick and try to rain on other's parades. To quote the great Michael Jordan, Stop it. Get some help.

Totally agree. Go **** yourselves if you are still hating.

SPMT
10-31-2021, 12:51 AM
That's because we actually have the most ignorant fan base in the sec.

Starting to believe that unfortunately

Dawg_Lover
10-31-2021, 12:59 AM
In my family, you were deemed a State fan at birth ... for me, that was 72 years ago yesterday. My attitude lately has been a wait and see mode, while trying to maintain hope. And, I am now tentatively beginning to buy in.

My analytical knowledge does not come anywhere close to you guys, and I learn a lot reading your posts. My love of sports came from my Dad, who played high school football in the 30s. He taught me about the game. We lived to watch games together ... always picking opposite sides, except the State games of course, then harassing each other through the whole game. It is some of my best memories.

But, the most important thing he taught me about sports was not to take it so seriously that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. He taught me to lose, or win, with grace, or even humor. He taught me to keep it all in perspective.

Years later, Dad died with Alzheimer?s. There are worse things in this world .... much worse. But, he left me with such a legacy ... the true enjoyment of watching sports, and not taking myself or the game too seriously.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2021, 01:01 AM
In my family, you were deemed a State fan at birth ... for me, that was 72 years ago yesterday. My attitude lately has been a wait and see mode, while trying to maintain hope. And, I am now tentatively beginning to buy in.

My analytical knowledge does not come anywhere close to you guys, and I learn a lot reading your posts. My love of sports came from my Dad, who played high school football in the 30s. He taught me about the game. We lived to watch games together ... always picking opposite sides, except the State games of course, then harassing each other through the whole game. It is some of my best memories.

But, the most important thing he taught me about sports was not to take it so seriously that it takes away the enjoyment of the game. He taught me to lose, or win, with grace, or even humor. He taught me to keep it all in perspective.

Years later, Dad died with Alzheimer?s. There are worse things in this world .... much worse. But, he left me with such a legacy ... the true enjoyment of watching sports, and not taking myself or the game too seriously.

Great post!

Dawgology
10-31-2021, 01:12 AM
I’m going to go ahead and buy in. This offense when run well and with a good ground game mixed in is formidable. Beating Kentucky should be expected and we need to stop slip ups like Memphis. If he closes the year with wins over Ark, TN State and Ole Miss I’ll be the biggest Leach fan ever. As it is he has the team clicking pretty well and getting us back to a bowl to continue the streak.

RougeDawg
10-31-2021, 01:46 AM

I might have approached differently and massaged my attack on the mental midgets slightly different.

But yes. Get in or get out.

bulldawg28
10-31-2021, 07:05 AM
I'm in! I had doubts but the Pirate may have had his best coaching job tonight. Play calling was great and Will Rogers is solid.

Agreed 1000% . Will did a outstanding job mixing in the running plays and bringing balance. I believe in Will! I still don't think Leach called those run plays.

bulldawg28
10-31-2021, 07:06 AM
Get THAT crap out of here. We'll be 10-3 after we win the Sugar Bowl!

(Assuming Alabama doesn't lose twice and sneak us into Atlanta, giving us a shot at 11-3 instead.)

There you go! Believe

Hambone
10-31-2021, 07:16 AM
Agreed 1000% . Will did a outstanding job mixing in the running plays and bringing balance. I believe in Will! I still don't think Leach called those run plays.

It was said in the broadcast that the first two rushing TD’s were in fact audibles at the line by Will Rogers!

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2021, 08:02 AM
The offense last night is what it needs to look like every game. 40-50% run to 50-60% pass. We leaned on their dl in the run game and they were worn out by the second half.

Schultzy
10-31-2021, 08:15 AM
But he did give Rodgers the leeway to check to the run and our running backs finally made some first people miss and cut backs to space.

R2Dawg
10-31-2021, 08:28 AM

TAMU was trending down when we beat them but that win on road was the best win of the year. UK next due to how we won and NCstate 3rd.

So we are 500 - two good wins, two bad losses. Everything else as expected except how we looked. Looked like crap against Latech and Bama but again 1-1 there.

Don't give me but we beat Vandy. Vandy is as much an auto win as TSU.

Our real season started last night - we are 1-0 with a more effective O. Looking to win some more. Ark and OM probably not as good as everyone got fired up about early season. Aub appears to be improving.

Offshore Dawg
10-31-2021, 08:31 AM
How did this team loose to Memphis.

Todd4State
10-31-2021, 08:34 AM

Because of SEC officiating period.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2021, 08:40 AM

Same way they lost to LSU and almost to LaTech. Some of it's on Leach and some on poor play. We look unfocused a lot of times. We start games with tempo and then just stop. We go back to crawling slow. We've been very undisciplined with all the penalties. Special teams are bad. They're just bad outside Tulu on kickoffs and he made a mistake last night. But it looks like Leach is loosening the reigns a little finally. We still have a ways to go but at least it's improving.

Schultzy
10-31-2021, 08:45 AM
Because of SEC officiating period.

Speaking of SEC officiating, how does a back judge call holding on an offensive lineman? I’m pretty sure that’s not his key.

basedog
10-31-2021, 09:11 AM

Awesome, like you said it's a game, we should all relax and enjoy life and not get all wrapped up with sports. Amazing how we fans attack one another like politics. I stated last night in another post I have changed my mind about Leach. Last night was fun to watch.

HailState!

BB30
10-31-2021, 10:55 AM
Leach didn't adjust. It's the same offense we have been running. He just took what the defense gave him tonight.

You watch the alabama game and those same runs aren't available.

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about that. Leach didn't go into tonight saying hey I'm going to run it 30 times. That is just how the game unfolded. You can find several Texas tech games where he ran it like that.

It's part of the offense and if the defense is going to give you those looks and you're having success running the football he's going to stick with it.

Leach didn't "adjust" from anything he's done in the past. We simply had success running the football early and he stuck with it. Had we struggled early you wouldn't have seen those runs.

Dawgology
10-31-2021, 10:58 AM
I think it falls on our QB getting more experience and adjusting those plays at the line also. Rogers played a hell of a game last night and even had to deal with the Kentucky D simulating our snap count

Cooterpoot
10-31-2021, 11:02 AM
We only averaged 3 a carry, so teams are still going to give us that until we prove we can do more in the run game. Of course, shitalicious officiating on a couple good TD runs hurt that average. So did a couple legit calls. The screen game was great. Still a lot of wrinkles to go for this offense to be what it can be.