PDA

View Full Version : KY board's take on Air Raid in the SEC

Matt3467
10-30-2021, 09:36 PM
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/mike-leach-offense.352926/

We sure looked good tonight. This offense works.

R2Dawg
10-30-2021, 10:05 PM
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/mike-leach-offense.352926/

We sure looked good tonight. This offense works.

Technically we didn't run the air raid tonight, it was a balanced attack. Had two more rushing TDs and yards taken off due to BS penalties too.

QuadrupleOption
10-31-2021, 01:35 AM
Technically we didn't run the air raid tonight, it was a balanced attack. Had two more rushing TDs and yards taken off due to BS penalties too.

We absolutely DID run the Air Raid tonight. We didn't throw as much, mostly because Kentucky's defense made it make sense to hand it off. But I guarantee you that every one of those plays was a called pass that Will checked into runs for.

RougeDawg
10-31-2021, 01:43 AM
Who cares what they think?

At some point all of us as humans have to stop caring about what others think if what is done it correct.

FriarsPoint
10-31-2021, 02:30 AM
The Kentucky boards take on the air raid should be it’s a helluva lot easier to win games one demensionally with the pass

**** them

Apoplectic
10-31-2021, 03:15 AM
We absolutely DID run the Air Raid tonight. We didn't throw as much, mostly because Kentucky's defense made it make sense to hand it off. But I guarantee you that every one of those plays was a called pass that Will checked into runs for.

I was getting a little frustrated with first down runs in the 4th

bulldawg28
10-31-2021, 07:02 AM

I was so glad Will checked. Hopefully he sticks to it.

lastmajordog
10-31-2021, 09:59 AM
“ And when is the last time we played well in Cowbell hell ?
We also seem to fall apart there.” Kentucky Fan

“Cowbell Hell”.......outstanding

Fader21
10-31-2021, 10:21 AM

It amazes me after 20 + years of the most talked about offense that people don't understand the full philosophy of the air raid. Again, I will break it down. Get the ball to playmakers that score. We did that with the run and pass last night. There is no certain amount of passes need to be thrown in order for the air raid to be called air raid offense. Its based of 4 main plays. Mesh, Y-Cross, Y-Sail, Stick

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-31-2021, 10:29 AM
I didn't see the word "Airbone" used one time in that thread. They must not know this offense has no chance of working in the SEC.

TrapGame
10-31-2021, 10:31 AM

Once again I point out Texas Tech vs Texas 2008.

Tech ran the ball down their throats. It was almost exactly what we saw last night.

For Leach to put wrinkles in the system his players need to know the system. We are at that point now.

Jack Lambert
10-31-2021, 10:37 AM
I'm really surprise there was not a "On to Basketball Post" in there.

RiverCityDawg
10-31-2021, 11:35 AM
It amazes me after 20 + years of the most talked about offense that people don't understand the full philosophy of the air raid. Again, I will break it down. Get the ball to playmakers that score. We did that with the run and pass last night. There is no certain amount of passes need to be thrown in order for the air raid to be called air raid offense. Its based of 4 main plays. Mesh, Y-Cross, Y-Sail, Stick

Preach. Anyone saying we didn't run Air Raid last night is showing their ignorance.

And speaking of Y-Cross, Kentucky could not stop it last night.

QuadrupleOption
10-31-2021, 12:47 PM
I was getting a little frustrated with first down runs in the 4th

Me too. They'd figured them out at that point. I'd have rather seen them mix some play-action passes into it and throw a quick slant to open it back up.

PikeDawg15
10-31-2021, 02:00 PM

Tech ran the ball down their throats. It was almost exactly what we saw last night.

For Leach to put wrinkles in the system his players need to know the system. We are at that point now.

THIS

everybody points at Washington state but last night was what leach did best at texas tech.

we are more similar to Texas Tech than Washington state

Commercecomet24
10-31-2021, 02:15 PM

This guy gets it! I had a good friend that played tackle at Valdosta state for Leach and last night is EXACTLY the concepts that form the air raid offense. Thank you for posting this!

R2Dawg
10-31-2021, 02:21 PM

There are exceptions to everything in life. Fact is that is an exception not a rule of who Leach is or what he air raid is. Again, why do they call it air raid? Look at every game but one since he's been at MSU?

Now I hope he has adopted some other things like we saw against UK. You learn how to run before you learn how to pass that is why high school teams are run based Offenses. It really ain't rocket science. Folks need to quit trying to make Leach something he isn't. Everyone trying to act like see we told you this O will work. No one is against passing the ball, but ave 40yds a game running ain't going to cut it unless we get 100 from RB checkdowns too which until last night we haven't.

Now I'm excited to see what I saw last night. First time since he's been here. On to Ark.

dawgday166
10-31-2021, 02:24 PM

At least someone really gets it. Most won't admit they might've been wrong tho. Will is checking into right play at the line much more consistently now and his confidence has grown a good bit. 2 guards played real well too, despite some penalty hiccups. Lashley wasn't facing a stud DE with no help either.

Difference in Air Raid IMO than what most on here want is ... pass opens up the run instead of other way around.

Todd4State
10-31-2021, 08:55 PM

And four verts. And Shakes.

Your overall point is correct though.

Todd4State
10-31-2021, 08:56 PM

Exactly. Getting a mobile quarterback and telling him to run around until someone comes open isn't always the answer.