PDA

View Full Version : Another trash job by Cohen

Pinto
10-30-2021, 06:52 PM
We spend 3 minutes recognizing the first team to ever win a national championship in school history and it was rushed at that.

We didn?t give our players near the recognition they deserve. Piss poor planning by the entire joke of an athletic department. Recognize excellence and recognize it appropriately.

Add this to not having replays in the stadium tonight and I can see why a 40+ years season ticket holder is not renewing after this season. Do better and be better athletic department.

Tater
10-30-2021, 07:11 PM
They literally can't go over 3 minutes. That's how long the breaks are. Lots of things to be mad. That one ain't one.

Apoplectic
10-30-2021, 07:12 PM
Why not halftime?

Dawg_Lover
10-30-2021, 07:13 PM
We spend 3 minutes recognizing the first team to ever win a national championship in school history and it was rushed at that.

We didn?t give our players near the recognition they deserve. Piss poor planning by the entire joke of an athletic department. Recognize excellence and recognize it appropriately.

Add this to not having replays in the stadium tonight and I can see why a 40+ years season ticket holder is not renewing after this season. Do better and be better athletic department.

The lack of deserved recognition is inexcusable.

Dawgology
10-30-2021, 07:19 PM
I thought it was halftime???

State82
10-30-2021, 07:32 PM
They literally can't go over 3 minutes. That's how long the breaks are. Lots of things to be mad. That one ain't one.

Bullshit. Do it at halftime. I don't give a 17 about homecoming. Do that before the game and recognize greatness in prime time. That is 17ing bullshit.

Pinto
10-30-2021, 07:34 PM
Then they brought out the alumni diamond dogs and said just that. No primer. No thanks for laying the foundation. No word on the big alumni weekend or how many played in the pros or anything.

We royally suck at recognizing our own, minimal public relations, and overall presentation of anything. I bet they hit these guys up for money too. Cohen needs serious help running the athletic department or to be gone.

SailingDawg
10-30-2021, 07:47 PM
Three minutes between quarters? Commercial breaks last longer than that.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 07:51 PM
We played better after that ceremony. That's all I'm sayin.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2021, 07:53 PM
Our marketing has gone back to the 80s. Very weak social media presence and everything else. I have to actively look for anything MSU.

Pinto
10-30-2021, 07:54 PM
7 minutes of dead time to finish up halftime.

The trash just keeps piling up.

SailingDawg
10-30-2021, 07:54 PM
Just wait until the first baseball game.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 07:56 PM
We played better after that ceremony. That's all I'm sayin.

Good point, lol. I'll take it.

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 09:33 PM
They had a ceremony at the baseball field before the game… Good god some y’all bitch to just bitch… They are also having one before 1st pitch in Feb…

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2021, 09:37 PM
Damn you can tell State played well today if this is the whining going on.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2021, 09:55 PM
They had a ceremony at the baseball field before the game… Good god some y’all bitch to just bitch… They are also having one before 1st pitch in Feb…

Yep lot of little lights are not twinkling Clark folks

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2021, 09:55 PM
Why not halftime?

It was homecoming.

Tater
10-30-2021, 09:59 PM
Damn you can tell State played well today if this is the whining going on.

You can just change it to "you can tell state played well if whining is going on."

I notice a lot of people on this board are perpetually unhappy.

Pinto
10-30-2021, 10:45 PM
You can tell a lot of people on this board know nothing about creating professional presentations to maximize personal investment and economic opportunity.

You can just change it to "you can tell state played well if whining is going on."

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2021, 11:04 PM
You can tell a lot of people on this board know nothing about creating professional presentations to maximize personal investment and economic opportunity.

Prestige Worldwide

Hambone
10-30-2021, 11:06 PM
Boats and Hoes!

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 11:10 PM
Boats and Hoes!

If you got a quart jar, I'll fill it up for you***

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2021, 11:18 PM
They had a ceremony at the baseball field before the game? Good god some y?all bitch to just bitch? They are also having one before 1st pitch in Feb?

...and State had an hour long (or more), free ceremony right after the CWS at the Dude.

gravedigger
10-30-2021, 11:21 PM

And yet he's the coach that got us to the championship series and picked the coach to win it all.

Please, just get the **** out of this fanbase and take the rest of the dumb mother ****ers with you.

MaroonFlounder
10-30-2021, 11:27 PM
It was homecoming.

And there was still plenty of time.

Kentucky only brought their pep band

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 11:36 PM
...and State had an hour long (or more), free ceremony right after the CWS at the Dude.

No shit. Pretty soon peeps will start bitching about John not waiting for his bread to rise.**

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-30-2021, 11:40 PM

Agree. Let's just forfeit and honor the baseball team.

Our fans will literally bitch about anything. We just beat the # 12 team in the country by 2 TDs at home.

Jarius
10-31-2021, 12:00 AM
Shut the **** up

tireddawg
10-31-2021, 12:07 AM
Agree. Let's just forfeit and honor the baseball team.

Our fans will literally bitch about anything. We just beat the # 12 team in the country by 2 TDs at home.

This is dumb. Just because we won a game doesn't mean we shouldn't have properly recognized the National Champion Bulldogs.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2021, 12:10 AM
This is dumb. Just because we won a game doesn't mean we shouldn't have properly recognized the National Champion Bulldogs.

We've been pimping the shit out the NC since the 7th inning before we actually won it. It's ok, dude. As others have pointed out, it was homecoming. Halftime was a no go.

Hambone
10-31-2021, 08:02 AM

See above posts and stop being dumb yourself. There was a ceremony BEFORE the game. There was a parade and ceremony after they came back to Starkville (which come to think about it people bitched about)

Schultzy
10-31-2021, 08:08 AM
You don’t do it at halftime even if it wasn’t homecoming because so many are at the restroom or concession or mixing drinks.

They did all they could really do at a football game and it was done as well as it could be.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2021, 08:15 AM
I?m beating FL would trade us straight up right now Cohen for Strickland.

dstatechamps
10-31-2021, 09:25 AM

A lot of people on this board suck and I am glad I don't know them on a personal level.

Ari Gold
11-01-2021, 08:16 PM
I will say this ..
it is embarrassing it was done between the 1st and 2nd quarter..
****ing embarrassing .. and trust me it?s not just some ED posters on here.. there are some if time money guys that were pissed and are going to little Cohen and company know about it..

I don?t give a shit if it was homecoming it deserved the middle of the field and as much time as they wanted..
It?s really hard to **** that up and we did.

Also is there nothing on the stadium that shows we were 1998 SEC west champs ?? Why?? There is a SEC west 2002 champ hanging in Oxford for something they didn?t even win..

If we would spend less time worrying about the ****ing 4th quarter light show maybe things would improve

And if you don?t have a problem with how we acknowledged the ONLY Natty this school or any school in the state has won then you are part of the problem..

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2021, 08:19 PM
I will say this ..
****ing embarrassing .. and trust me it?s not just some ED posters on here.. there are some if time money guys that were pissed and are going to little Cohen and company know about it..

I don?t give a shit if it was homecoming it deserved the middle of the field and as much time as they wanted..

Also is there nothing on the stadium that shows we were 1998 SEC west champs ?? Why?? There is a SEC west 2002 champ hanging in Oxford for something they didn?t even win..

If we would spend less time worrying about the ****ing 4th quarter light show maybe things would improve

And if you don?t have a problem with how we acknowledged the ONLY Natty this school or any school in the state has won then you are part of the problem..

A '98 SEC West banner? Yuck

BeardoMSU
11-01-2021, 08:25 PM

We finished with 4 losses that year, correct?

Ari Gold
11-01-2021, 08:25 PM

So if we Win the west going forward in football we shouldn’t promote that at or one the stadium..?? slap it on on the side where the retired names are ..
hell If that’s the case take down all the NIT banners in the hump.. or all the years we won the west in baseball

Ari Gold
11-01-2021, 08:26 PM
We finished with 4 losses that year, correct?

So... I don’t give a shit if we lost all 4 non conference games that same year
we won the ****ing west , played in Atl and damn near beat the future national champs Tennessee

Mjoelner34
11-01-2021, 08:27 PM
No shit. Pretty soon peeps will start bitching about John not waiting for his bread to rise.**

https://i.imgur.com/7sHCN2x.gif

Mjoelner34
11-01-2021, 08:29 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari Gold again.

Schultzy
11-01-2021, 08:29 PM
we won the ****ing west , played in Atl and damn near beat the future national champs Tennessee

Of course this should be displayed in the stadium…it’s a no brainer - I can’t believe anyone would even argue against it.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2021, 08:31 PM

Ok, fine. Yall are still bitching just to bitch. If you truly think our athletic dept hasn't been constantly promoting our baseball NC, across all mediums at our disposal, you haven't been paying attention.

Schultzy
11-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Ok, fine. Yall are still bitching just to bitch. If you truly think our athletic dept hasn't been constantly promoting our baseball NC, across all mediums at our disposal, you haven't been paying attention.

Right, we had the ceremonies for the Natty. This was a recognition at a highly attended football game…it’s like people don’t know the difference between a ceremony and the simple “recognizing” which shouldn’t be a full blown production. That’s what the thing at Dudy Noble was for.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Right, we had the ceremonies for the Natty. This was a recognition at a highly attended football game…it’s like people don’t know the difference between a ceremony and the simple “recognizing” which shouldn’t be a full blown production. That’s what the thing at Dudy Noble was for.

Exactly.

Our offense should've protested this insult by kneeling every down and pointing to the stands where the Baseball team was sitting.**

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2021, 09:16 PM
So if we Win the west going forward in football we shouldn?t promote that at or one the stadium..?? slap it on on the side where the retired names are ..
hell If that?s the case take down all the NIT banners in the hump.. or all the years we won the west in baseball

I think all those Stan's Western division banners are a joke. Some of those years we didn't even make the tourney.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2021, 09:20 PM
MSU celebrates mediocrity more than just about any school I know. It's the reason we call Jackie Sherrill "Kang" even though he's a career .500 coach & 16 games under .500 in SEC play or why our fans long for a basketball coach who never made it out the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tourney. The only sport we don't accept anything less than competing for championships is baseball & it's no shock it's our best sport. "MSU where as long as you try & stick around for a long time we'll love you forever."

BeardoMSU
11-01-2021, 09:22 PM
MSU celebrates mediocrity more than just about any school I know. It's the reason we call Jackie Sherrill "Kang" even though he's a career .500 coach & 16 games under .500 in SEC play or why our fans long for a basketball coach who never made it out the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tourney. The only sport we don't accept anything less than competing for championships is baseball & it's no shock it's our best sport. "MSU where as long as you try & stick around for a long time we'll love you forever."

You just broke bones with that post, IYOK...

Absolute truth.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2021, 06:35 AM

Worse yet, we hold that mediocrity against the "new" guys that some don't like simply because they aren't the old mediocre guys.

Ari Gold
11-02-2021, 07:04 AM

1998 Western Division Champions is the same as 2021 Western Division Champs.. if that’s mediocrity for out football program then we might as well stop playing..

I agree with the basketball take 100%...

Ari Gold
11-02-2021, 07:06 AM
I think all those Stan's Western division banners are a joke. Some of those years we didn't even make the tourney.

I agree . Just my point . We throw those up and yet we don’t recognize Something that is as hard or harder to do than almost anything we currently acknowledge

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-02-2021, 07:07 AM
I don?t get bent out of shape about these things too much, but the acknowledgment of the baseball team was absolutely botched. They were so rushed, the camera was rushing off the field and filming the grass when POY Tanner Allen and Lenon were announced! It was botched.

Ari Gold
11-02-2021, 07:22 AM

No one said let’s have an long long ceremony..
but we had a chance to let kids have their moment again in front of 50k , with their rings , with fans that couldn’t make it to the Dude..
Hell we couldn’t even get to hear them say Tanner Allen’s name over the fact the official was blowing his whistle to start the 2nd quarter and we were scrambling to get the guys off the field..

I talked to a coach on the team Sunday and even he said it was unorganized , they weren’t sure where to go and got rushed off. Not my words his.. I could tell he thought it was going to be a MUCH bigger deal than what it was.

Ari Gold
11-02-2021, 07:28 AM
I don?t get bent out of shape about these things too much, but the acknowledgment of the baseball team was absolutely botched. They were so rushed, the camera was rushing off the field and filming the grass when POY Tanner Allen and Lenon were announced! It was botched.

Publicizing and I guess planning the event for the last 3 months and It looks like a fire drill when it takes place.. it was embarrassing..

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2021, 11:00 AM
They had a parade through the city followed by a celebration at the stadium with 15K. On top of that they?ve been treated like gods for the past 4 months. They then had a nice ring ceremony for the players, families, and friends. I can promise you they didn?t care how long the ceremony on the field was. Most were probably ready to get back to their seats to be with their dates. The team has moved on to the upcoming season.

basedog
11-02-2021, 11:40 AM
They had a parade through the city followed by a celebration at the stadium with 15K. On top of that they?ve been treated like gods for the past 4 months. They then had a nice ring ceremony for the players, families, and friends. I can promise you they didn?t care how long the ceremony on the field was. Most were probably ready to get back to their seats to be with their dates. The team has moved on to the upcoming season.

I agree, the team has had a ton of recognition and had a great ceremony, recognition at Dudy, the trophy was shown all over Miss at meetings or functions. The baseball appearance at the football football game was a recognition just like any other sport. I'm not mad at all about last Saturday and the team rushed on the field and off, hell I know we won the Natty and damn proud of it!

Tater
11-02-2021, 11:55 AM
I hope our ceremony in 3 months during the TV timeout at the halfway point of the first half of the Saturday January 15th home basketball game against Alabama is planned better. If not then we'll need to figure something else out for the 6th different recognition of our baseball team. Maybe we can interrupt a Tennis game and stop the game for a full hour. Yea, sounds like a swell idea.

FISHDAWG
11-02-2021, 11:58 AM
I will say this ..

Repped

Cooterpoot
11-02-2021, 12:03 PM
I would've waited until the Egg Bowl to honor the baseball team, and done it at halftime.

R2Dawg
11-02-2021, 12:17 PM

The only reason those things are celebrated is because that is the best we got. We celebrate excellence. Is it our goal - no. We celebrated going to Omaha like crazy even though we never won it. Now we have and everyone acts like we won it because we wanted to win it. We all want MSU to win in everything - frisbee golf even.

The flip side of the mediocre comment bites us in the butt when some of our fans criticize Leach or current failures (not even 500 ball) for not achieving those with high expectations are called loser fans or trolls.

Which one is it?

Coach34
11-02-2021, 12:49 PM

Terrible take.

Jackie is "The Kang" because he changed the Miss State football program.

He had a winning record vs Mississippi- something no coach had accomplished since the 1940's
State football was just slightly above Vandy when he took over. 9 winning seasons in the previous 31 seasons (counting the 2 seasons in the 70's with forfeits). Jackie had 7 in his 13 seasons- including 7 of his 1st 10. The last 3 seasons were marred by the NCAA BS.
He won the West

He beat Bama multiple times
He got us ranked regularly. Got to remember- when Jackie arrived there was only a Top 20- not 25

This was our program Pre-Jackie:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_team

For the 1st time- Miss State football was taken seriously in this state and by the SEC. He showed other coaches that you could indeed win at State. And while he deserves alot of credit for what he did- Jackie did it before we got all that SEC money Mullen benefitted from that separated us from the USM's, La Tech's, and Memphis teams. Our facilities were no better than them before Jackie arrived.

That"s why he is The Kang.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2021, 01:37 PM
Terrible take.

Jackie is "The Kang" because he changed the Miss State football program.

He had a winning record vs Mississippi- something no coach had accomplished since the 1940's
State football was just slightly above Vandy when he took over. 9 winning seasons in the previous 31 seasons (counting the 2 seasons in the 70's with forfeits). Jackie had 7 in his 13 seasons- including 7 of his 1st 10. The last 3 seasons were marred by the NCAA BS.
He won the West

He beat Bama multiple times
He got us ranked regularly. Got to remember- when Jackie arrived there was only a Top 20- not 25

This was our program Pre-Jackie:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_team

For the 1st time- Miss State football was taken seriously in this state and by the SEC. He showed other coaches that you could indeed win at State. And while he deserves alot of credit for what he did- Jackie did it before we got all that SEC money Mullen benefitted from that separated us from the USM's, La Tech's, and Memphis teams. Our facilities were no better than them before Jackie arrived.

That"s why he is The Kang.

Emotions are emotions. Facts are facts

Facts are he's a .500 coach at MSU & 16 games under .500 in SEC play. I loved some of things Jackie done but he was a mediocre coach at MSU & left us in terrible shape & Croom kept digging the hole.

He was avg his 1st 7 years - '91-97 - Record 38-37-2 (24-30-1 SEC)

He had a 3 year stretch where he was really good - '98-00 - Record 26-11 (16-8 SEC)

Then he tanked the program. Save me the reasons he was the coach so he tanked it. '01-03 - Record - 8-27 (3-21 SEC)

Just because he was the best we had at that time doesn't make him a Kang. That 1 trip to Atlanta has gotten him free meals in Starkville the last 20 years. If msg boards would've been around after his 1st few seasons I'm sure you would've had a catchy msg board name for him as well.

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2021, 02:16 PM
I hope our ceremony in 3 months during the TV timeout at the halfway point of the first half of the Saturday January 15th home basketball game against Alabama is planned better. If not then we'll need to figure something else out for the 6th different recognition of our baseball team. Maybe we can interrupt a Tennis game and stop the game for a full hour. Yea, sounds like a swell idea.

THANK YOU. Some are acting like this is the only championship we?re ever going to win. This is not going to be a one time thing. More championships are coming with Lemonis at the helm.

viverlibre
11-03-2021, 06:59 AM
Two options:

1. Do it pre game
2. Either move Homecoming to pre game or shorten it and give baseball 5 minutes

99% were more interested in the baseball team than the Homecoming Court

BeardoMSU
11-03-2021, 07:08 AM

Yeah, I think this is pretty universal. It baffles me, honestly, that this is still a thing...HS, sure, but college? Na.

StarkVegasSteve
11-03-2021, 08:30 AM
Two options:

1. Do it pre game
2. Either move Homecoming to pre game or shorten it and give baseball 5 minutes

What did y?all want us to do? They had a ring ceremony at Dudy Noble on Friday. It was attended by players, parents, friends, and former players. They had a parade in July for everyone. Doing the ring ceremony pre game was never an option. If you wanted that then you wait til February and do it at the first game. They have been celebrated enough. It?s time to move on and go win another one.

viverlibre
11-03-2021, 12:15 PM
What did y?all want us to do? They had a ring ceremony at Dudy Noble on Friday. It was attended by players, parents, friends, and former players. They had a parade in July for everyone. Doing the ring ceremony pre game was never an option. If you wanted that then you wait til February and do it at the first game. They have been celebrated enough. It?s time to move on and go win another one.

Don't care about the ring ceremony, the recognition at the game was very rushed - a couple more minutes would have been nice.