PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Fans

Bulldawg1994
11-17-2013, 09:03 PM
I seat in section 06 and there must have been 20 Alabama fans around me. Why do State fans sell or give their tickets to Tide fans? I have friends that are tide fans and I would never give my tickets to them. I dislike that fan base.

Thick
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM
That's what happens when your fanbase is beginning to lose interest. Sorry, but that's the nature of the beast.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Option 1: Watch us find a way to crap a game away and watch terrible commercials, spend money in doing so.

Option 2: Make a little money and stay home and not deal with the traffic, crowds, etc...

FlabLoser
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
It's proximity. I know a lot of Columbus people give tickets to their clients. Lot if Bama fans in East MS.

Dawgface
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Been going on forever. Lot's in MS are bama fans.

messageboardsuperhero
11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
There were some Bama fans in my section too.

We are some making progress in keeping them out though- it used to be WAY worse.

hells bells
11-17-2013, 09:42 PM
I seat in section 06 and there must have been 20 Alabama fans around me. Why do State fans sell or give their tickets to Tide fans? I have friends that are tide fans and I would never give my tickets to them. I dislike that fan base.

Sky dog here. After the climb three Bamer's decided it was time for a cold Coors Light. Yes, in the can. Ejected. Next Bamer up decided he needed a smoke, one Maroboro Light later in the stands, you guest it ejected. Just too damn priceless.

Bulldawg1994
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Wish I could have seen that. I would have been laughing my butt off. I parked out by the vet school and the lady taking up money to park was showing me were to park and said that there was a car that had pulled off beside the road and did not pay. Said is was going to be towed. Yes it was from Alabama. When I got back after the game it was gone.

bully99
11-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I remember the day when Alabama and lsu would bring 10,000 plus to Jackson. The number of fans who travel on the road at all schools is so much less than it used to be, and I think it will continue to decline in the future.

Duckdawg
11-17-2013, 10:09 PM
My biggest question is this. We park in lot 26 which has not been 3/4 full any game for the last 3 years. Last night it was overflowing with cars from Alabama, including news station vehicles. How does that happen? Did the university sell the spaces or did lot holders give their passes away?

Schultzy
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Sky dog here. After the climb three Bamer's decided it was time for a cold Coors Light. Yes, in the can. Ejected. Next Bamer up decided he needed a smoke, one Maroboro Light later in the stands, you guest it ejected. Just too damn priceless.

We need these cops at the walk through. Some obnoxious bama fans were walking through the middle (where the players walk) beforehand right by the security guards doing nothing to remove them. Stricklin needs to get on this too before someone gets beaten severely.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2013, 06:52 AM
They are the worst. Never went to school there. Don't go to games but is head to toe crimson every weekend with magnets and flags all over the trans am. They are reason I hate Bama more than OM

Mjoelner34
11-18-2013, 07:41 AM

At least one Bama fan I know supports our program. I work with a guy from Birmingham who is a Bama fan yet he is a Bulldog Club member and a season ticket holder that rarely misses a home game. He cheers for MSU because he lives here now and even contributes money to the program but when we play Bama here, he shows up in his Bama gear and cheers for them. I can't blame him for that.

coastratdog
11-18-2013, 07:46 AM
They are the worst. Never went to school there. Don't go to games but is head to toe crimson every weekend with magnets and flags all over the trans am. They are reason I hate Bama more than OM

I went to HS on the coast with several people who either went to USA or nowhere. They r posting on FB all this Bama crap. One girl is married to the Snake himself. She is the worse. True Bama fans r sitting in the visitors section. The wannabe fans only go to Tide games at State or UM because it's the only ticket they can afford. The only way to shut them up is beating them on the field

Jacksondevildog
11-18-2013, 07:51 AM
You forgot some points. They could not begin to tell you who the basketball coach or baseball coach is as well as anyone that plays for them. I know a couple of them and it's embarrassing.

Fader21
11-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I had a female bama fan try and argue with me that you can't score a td on a fumble. I just looked at her like are you dumb or just plain stupid ( must of been gump's relative ). Also I learned nick Saban won't leave due to the fact he's scared of the bear's ghost coming to haunt him

HereComesTheSpiral
11-18-2013, 08:55 AM

You must be from the Columbus area. My boss is a Bama grad and hes a pretty cool dude. I hate it whenever they come to play in Starkville because I feel like Im on the set of Deliverance with all of the casual fans coming over.

deltadawg99
11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I also sit in Section 6 and the bama fans were all over the place. It was an absolute joy to sit there and listen to them for 4 quarters.

I have no problem with people selling tickets if they can't go, but not to the opposing team.

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 12:00 PM
opposite end of the spectrum:

I was seated next to 6 kids from Toledo that drove the whole way just to root against bama. Yes, as you guessed, they were all lit but had some pretty funny anti-bama rants going and were decked out in maroon.

BogeyGolfer
11-18-2013, 12:13 PM

I don't have a problem with sidewalk fans because a lot of people didn't go to school at a university and are fans. We have our share but most sidewalk fans simply like a school because they win and it's easy to like a winner... I will agree that the MS Bama fans bother me the most and we have a ton of them. I was in the Fulton Wal Mart the other day and they have as much or more Bama gear than State merchandise. I'm sure it's the same in Amory and Columbus...

PassInterference
11-18-2013, 12:34 PM
My biggest question is this. We park in lot 26 which has not been 3/4 full any game for the last 3 years. Last night it was overflowing with cars from Alabama, including news station vehicles. How does that happen? Did the university sell the spaces or did lot holders give their passes away?

Legend has it that some Bama fans buy BC memberships and season tickets just to get the Bama game ticket. They sell or give away the rest. Except for the parking pass I guess.