PDA

View Full Version : Nakobi Dean

preachermatt83
10-30-2021, 04:08 PM
I don?t think many people really understand how close we were to signing that guy. He?s a generational talent. Unreal what he is doing at uga

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 04:09 PM
Yeah! Every time I see him I think about that fact. Dude is freaking awesome! I hope he has a killer career in the pros!

TUSK
10-30-2021, 04:10 PM
I don?t think many people really understand how close we were to signing that guy. He?s a generational talent. Unreal what he is doing at uga

I feel ya... I really thought he was gonna come over to The Dark Side, myself...

Freak athlete with Mechanical Eng smarts.... wow...

bulldawg28
10-30-2021, 04:12 PM

Generational talent? He's not better than Willie Gay. That's Generational

Hambone
10-30-2021, 04:13 PM
Sorry, yea, he’s better than Willie.

Way better

bulldawg28
10-30-2021, 04:14 PM
Sorry, yea, he’s better than Willie.

Way better

No way. Willie went 2 round and only played 4 games his last year to the Superbowl Champs. Even the NFL jumped at the opportunity to grab him with limited film.

Hambone
10-30-2021, 04:17 PM
And Nakobe will be a sure fire 1st rounder.

RocketDawg
10-30-2021, 04:22 PM
I feel ya... I really thought he was gonna come over to The Dark Side, myself...

Freak athlete with Mechanical Eng smarts.... wow...

Easy major. **

bulldawg28
10-30-2021, 04:29 PM

Willie hindered himself with the testing situation. Half the resume and same results.

Tripp McNeely
10-30-2021, 04:58 PM

I think his height will push him to the 2nd or 3rd round

Cowbell
10-30-2021, 05:00 PM
No way. Willie went 2 round and only played 4 games his last year to the Superbowl Champs. Even the NFL jumped at the opportunity to grab him with limited film.

Micah Parsons didn't even play his senior season and is twice the player as a rookie that Willie is now. Willie doesn't belong in this conversation.

bulldawg28
10-30-2021, 05:16 PM
Micah Parsons didn't even play his senior season and is twice the player as a rookie that Willie is now. Willie doesn't belong in this conversation.

Lol, whatever. A 4 game difference.

TUSK
10-30-2021, 05:17 PM
"Generational talent" gets worn the eff out, IMO....

It's almost like people don't know what "generational" means...

....and don't get me started on "elite"....

Homedawg
10-30-2021, 05:24 PM

We weren't even close ....

BeardoMSU
10-30-2021, 05:29 PM
Lol, whatever. A 4 game difference.

Parsons is an absolute stud, tho. A HR of a draft pick.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-30-2021, 05:59 PM

^^^^ This^^^^ we were 4th at best? I?m surprised his HS coach didn?t funnel him to Ole Miss.

State82
10-30-2021, 07:48 PM

Word, Tusk.

Vandownbytheriver
10-30-2021, 07:49 PM

You could say the same with "coach" and "expert" as well.

R2Dawg
10-30-2021, 08:03 PM
He is a great player.

One thing I loved on his interview after the game is he was more interested in getting to the endzone to celebrate with the fans and team mates than doing a CBS interview.

oldjoedawg
10-30-2021, 08:06 PM
This is an article I wrote today for my FB. It is worth a read to see what an outstanding young man he is. The quotes are from the Desoto Times Tribune.

NAKOBE DEAN IS A BADDDD MAN??
Just now watching the Georgia/Florida game when Georgia linebacker, Nakobe Dean, jumped the Florida pass route, intercepted the pass and ran it in for a touchdown. Everybody in Desoto County Ms should be proud of this young man, and especially alumni of Horn Lake High. He is expected to be a high NFL draft pick next Spring. He led his high school team to the state championship his senior year. Excellent athlete for sure, but there is more to him than sports.

He is carrying a 3.53 GPA in mechanical engineering while spending many hours in the training room and on the practice field each day. But, there is even more to this young man. In his ?off week? last weekend, he came home to Horn Lake for a special purpose?.read about it in this excerpt from the recent Desoto Times Tribune paper:

?Dean returned to his alma mater to present a check for $10,000 to Hope Community Center, Inc as part of the 2021 Allstate Good Works Team. He is one of 22 players - and one of four players from the Southeast Conference (SEC) - to be nominated. The American Football Coaches Association recognizes a select group of players each year based on their commitment to serving their communities.

Dean has given his time to ?Dawgs for Pups,? which raised $200,000 to help local youth in the Athens/Clarke County area; visited Camp Sunshine, which provides recreational, educational, and support programs for children with cancer; led an effort that raised $100,000 for Wi-Fi hotspots; served on a team that collected 27,000 pounds of food for the Northeast Georgia Food Bank; participated in Bulldogs Battling Breast Cancer Golf Tournament; collected 437 new and gently used coats for the Boys & Girls Club of Athens; and read to students as part of Read Across America.

Dean said it means a lot to him to be able to give back to Horn Lake. The Hope Community Center, Inc. of North Mississippi provides a variety of safe, fun, and exciting after school activities and events for youth of all ages. ?Giving back is in my blood,? Dean said. ?My mother had me giving back since I was growing up. We did this day called The 12 Days of Christmas where we did 12 Days of Service leading up to Christmas. So giving back is in my blood and continues to stay with me.?

In these days of so much bad news and stories of young men failing in life, for whatever reason, it just seems right to continue to celebrate one who is making a difference with his life. Not saying ?build a statue? in his honor just yet?..lol, but just a ?tip of the hat? in his honor today. The pic is of him presenting the check last weekend.

Apoplectic
10-30-2021, 08:07 PM

As good as benardrick McKinney?

MoreCowbell
10-30-2021, 08:35 PM
Im a believer now.

Cowbell
10-30-2021, 09:34 PM
Parsons is an absolute stud, tho. A HR of a draft pick.

Yes he is

MaroonFlounder
10-30-2021, 11:18 PM

Yancy say he was ole ms bound if he stayed in MS.

He may have been right on that one...for a change IDK.

Dawgfan77
10-30-2021, 11:22 PM

Once again you have no clue what you are talking about. He never considered us or OM. Was always going out of state