PDA

View Full Version : A win tomorrow and we keep the helmets

Apoplectic
10-29-2021, 09:55 PM
Until we lose. The look a hell of a lot better than the banner

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2021, 10:19 PM
We need to keep the helmets even if we lose 58-0 tomorrow.

It's our best brand, best logo, and makes the helmet look clean and sleek. Complete no brainer.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2021, 10:41 PM

It's our best brand, best logo, and makes the helmet look clean and sleek. Complete no brainer.

Agree I love these helmets and it's our brand and logo! Keep it.

Gutter Cobreh
10-29-2021, 10:51 PM

Agree I love these helmets and it's our brand and logo! Keep it.

Add me to the list! Those helmets are fire!

DownwardDawg
10-30-2021, 01:15 AM
Add me too. Never understood why we don't use it on our helmets.

Dak Holliday
10-30-2021, 08:58 AM
I?m sure this is the plan eventually. Our administration has never wanted 2 or more logos. What?s ironic is that they tried to force a football logo on Polk who had the M over S designed, and now his protege will impose it on everything else. Just one more sign that we are a baseball school. Kiss the ring, baby.

bostondawg
10-30-2021, 09:06 AM
Guess I'm in the minority here. But we shouldn't mix baseball brands with other brands. Baseball having its own logo is a college baseball tradition. Why do we want to ruin that?

Dak Holliday
10-30-2021, 09:14 AM
The short answer here is that with the exception of M over S, our logos are bad. The interlocking MSU was our best logo and when they moved away from it after their dealings with Nike, they either intentionally or not flopped on redesigns.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2021, 10:07 AM
Guys, the scale is off with that logo. I am disappointed that they didn?t get someone to custom print us the stickers to fit as best as possible. Did we even mock it up prior to just going into the baseball stock room and grabbing random stickers? Surely this was in the works for longer than 5 days.

Maybe they can get it right next week.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2021, 10:08 AM
You are forgetting the flying M. Which they also did too small on the last helmet.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2021, 10:10 AM
Because this isn?t that special to be baseball only. It is our best logo. The STATE script is also awesome. I am in favor of anything that looks good.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 12:05 PM
Our helmet logo is going to change no matter what. It's really coming. They're already looking at various options and playing with some like MS and the script State. I think we'll see a new one next season. There's a pretty big push and commitment to change in the AD.

gtowndawg
10-30-2021, 12:12 PM
Our helmet logo is going to change no matter what. It's really coming. They're already looking at various options and playing with some like MS and the script State. I think we'll see a new one next season. There's a pretty big push and commitment to change in the AD.

I'm 100% for going with the script State on the helmet. Not interested in the baseball logo for football.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 12:17 PM
I'm 100% for going with the script State on the helmet. Not interested in the baseball logo for football.

There's a lot of talk about things they're looking at. They want to keep the Hail State mantra (And they should) while moving the logo to something else.
The Natty has opened things up to better align some logos and get away from the "old, stale Banner M" for athletics. We're going to see more down the road.

redstickdawg
10-30-2021, 12:19 PM

totally agree the banner is one of the worst logos that I have ever seen, illegible, forgettable and ugly.

State82
10-30-2021, 12:19 PM

I will second that motion.

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 12:22 PM

Completely agree!

Apoplectic
10-30-2021, 01:28 PM
I think it safe to say most love the interlocking MSU - I can?t believe we can?t tweak that enough to avoid a conflict with Nike. Lawyer up if we have to

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 01:34 PM
I think it safe to say most love the interlocking MSU - I can?t believe we can?t tweak that enough to avoid a conflict with Nike. Lawyer up if we have to

I don't. It's too dated. Give me something new and fresh.

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 01:43 PM
What about bring back the old walking bully with the M over S on his chest?

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 01:47 PM

SMH

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2021, 01:49 PM
Guess I'm in the minority here. But we shouldn't mix baseball brands with other brands. Baseball having its own logo is a college baseball tradition. Why do we want to ruin that?

Because having the best logo only represent a sport that gets 1/100th of the interest of college football, makes zero business or branding sense

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 01:49 PM
I can tell you, all those older logos like Walking Bully, Flying M, etc. are done for the most part. AD is for new ideas that appeal to younger fans. I wouldn't rule out the linking MSU, but no other sport can use it really, so it's limited and not likely to happen.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2021, 01:50 PM

Hell yeah

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2021, 01:52 PM
I can tell you, all those older logos like Walking Bully, Flying M, etc. are done for the most part. AD is for new ideas that appeal to younger fans. I wouldn't rule out the linking MSU, but no other sport can use it really, so it's limited and not likely to happen.

M over S. This isn't rocket science

lastmajordog
10-30-2021, 02:32 PM
AS mentioned earlier, the Tyler era helmets and unis were the best.....simple, clean, just awesome. But please get something GREAT and stick with it. Since the M over S has a natty associated it does make sense to make that the symbol.

Apoplectic
10-30-2021, 03:16 PM

Where?s chili billy when we need him

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 03:48 PM
AS mentioned earlier, the Tyler era helmets and unis were the best.....simple, clean, just awesome. But please get something GREAT and stick with it. Since the M over S has a natty associated it does make sense to make that the symbol.

Can you find a photo of what you are liking? Would like to see it.

RocketDawg
10-30-2021, 04:44 PM

The banner looks a little feminine for some reason - sort of the opposite of a football look. I guess it's because it looks like a ribbon.

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 04:48 PM

Leach keeps wearing a hat with that on it. I want to find it but it?s no where to be found.

Offshore Dawg
10-30-2021, 05:55 PM

State needs to quit changing shit every year,

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 06:01 PM
Leach keeps wearing a hat with that on it. I want to find it but it?s no where to be found.

I remember back when JoeMo was head coach, they sent out a tweet to a recruit and it had Kylin wearing a matte maroon helmet, grey face mask, and the walking bully on it. It was slightly oversized and that shit was awesome!!